The Weekend League Thread *Eddie the 🐐

Comments

• weims
    2062 posts Fans' Favourite
    My Ibra’s pretty much gone to ❤️❤️❤️❤️ now, missing 5m sitters on a regular basis
  • Pauldejong6
    7639 posts League Winner
    edited January 2019
    hjdjydyufu wrote: »
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Are you playing these losses in a row? I'd take a break between some of them. Calm down and regroup. If you got the time ofc, as i know from personal experience not everyone has the time to take breaks in between games.

I have to cram games in bc i have games over the weekend most times.

I'm more upset over me playing so many elite or higher players @hoban95

It makes no sense to me

If you dont play more skilled players you will never improve.

I know. That's what my Dad says. You got to play vs older better kids to be better @Sixtechburner but I feel like Im getting better. I score in multiple ways...skill better...play defense better. But losing to guys much better. At least give me a few opponents on my level.

Wouldnt believe all the response you get either. Maybe they hit 1x e2 but g1 on average but they call themselves a e2 player. Dont focus so much on your opponent. Everybody improves, atleast the regulars, so you have to improve even more to get up a rank.
    If you want 20+ you have to master timed finesse, also first time. You need a few simple trick like drag back, heel to heel. Defend 1st post corners, read opponents finesse possibilities to block and/or move gk. You also have to think. If Salah has the ball you only need to cover his left foot, if KdB has it you have to close him in asap, if kante has it dont bother about kante but block the passing lane to someone who can finesse. And be patiënt, in offense and defense.
  • Carswell
    8409 posts League Winner
    Are you playing these losses in a row? I'd take a break between some of them. Calm down and regroup. If you got the time ofc, as i know from personal experience not everyone has the time to take breaks in between games.

It makes no sense to me

I know. That's what my Dad says. You got to play vs older better kids to be better @Sixtechburner but I feel like Im getting better. I score in multiple ways...skill better...play defense better. But losing to guys much better. At least give me a few opponents on my level.

Wouldnt believe all the response you get either. Maybe they hit 1x e2 but g1 on average but they call themselves a e2 player. Dont focus so much on your opponent. Everybody improves, atleast the regulars, so you have to improve even more to get up a rank.
    If you want 20+ you have to master timed finesse, also first time. You need a few simple trick like drag back, heel to heel. Defend 1st post corners, read opponents finesse possibilities and block and/or move gk. And be patiënt, in offense and defense.

This is all great advice and rings true with me. Just knowing the simple tricks and when they’ll work is huge.

Also moving the keeper is a massive bonus. I’m starting to get decent at it and it’s saving my butt in the WL. Earlier I faced a TOTY Ney squad and I saved 3 green timed finesses+moved the right way on a 1v1. Minimum 2 of those would’ve been goals if I hadn’t moved I’d wager.
  • AjaxLegends
    3562 posts National Call-Up

It makes no sense to me

If you want 20+ you have to master timed finesse, also first time. You need a few simple trick like drag back, heel to heel. Defend 1st post corners, read opponents finesse possibilities to block and/or move gk. You also have to think. If Salah has the ball you only need to cover his left foot etc, of KdB has it you have to close him in. And be patiënt, in offense and defense.

Yeah this is pretty much why I lose certain tight games. First timed finesse and moving the GK. But I’m too old and can’t be bothered to do those things, they don’t seem proper football to me. But if you want to move ranks @hjdjydyufu listen to Paul’s advice.
  • krakos000
    17660 posts World Class
    AlexSolm wrote: »
    Getting really bad input delay right now, nearly impossible to pull off any skill moves.

Maybe now Murhawk could beat you :trollface:
  • Pauldejong6
    7639 posts League Winner

It makes no sense to me

If you want 20+ you have to master timed finesse, also first time. You need a few simple trick like drag back, heel to heel. Defend 1st post corners, read opponents finesse possibilities to block and/or move gk. You also have to think. If Salah has the ball you only need to cover his left foot etc, of KdB has it you have to close him in. And be patiënt, in offense and defense.

Yeah this is pretty much why I lose certain tight games. First timed finesse and moving the GK. But I’m too old and can’t be bothered to do those things, they don’t seem proper football to me. But if you want to move ranks @hjdjydyufu listen to Paul’s advice.

Same. Didnt want to learn the timed finesse at first but had to if I wanted to get to higher tiers. Actually my whole game has become about creating a possibility to get a clean finesse off. Also gk movement I dislike, but I dislike conceeding cheap finesse goals I can see coming from miles ahead even more.
    This game isnt about playing proper football, although I try to do that as much as possible, its about who adapts to the meta best.
  • RebelRob
    6711 posts Big Money Move
    Currently 17-8 and only ever reached 17 before on the last game so going to have to finish off despite needing to be up in 5 hours or so 🙈

Bottle in coming :joy:
  • holdenwait
    64429 posts Icon
    edited January 2019
    11-6, was worried a bit after 3 losses in a row but back on track.. SIF Mbappe is AMAZINGGG combination of stoich-best-potm hazard and him up top is insane

G1 dream is still alive, don't see it happening but not gonna force to play more games, there are 2 more days after all.
  • AjaxLegends
    3562 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 2019

It makes no sense to me

Same. Didnt want to learn the timed finesse at first but had to if I wanted to get to higher tiers. Actually my whole game has become about creating a possibility to get a clean finesse off. Also gk movement I dislike, but I dislike conceeding cheap finesse goals I can see coming from miles ahead even more.
    This game isnt about playing proper football, although I try to do that as much as possible, its about who adapts to the meta best.

I would do the same if I was an elite 3/2 player like you. But for someone who just plays for fun and gets G2/G3 anyway, meh. I just play to have fun. I do score green finesse though don’t get me wrong. Just the first timed finesse I’m not learning. Hard pass and then finesse isn’t real football. Great buildup around the box for a finesse I’m okay with. Reminds me off Barca couple years back (the passing around the box for an oppurtunity that is).

By the way I don’t get the whole GK movement. I’m already busy trying to block the finesse with de Ligt or VVD. How can I control two players at the same time or do you not touch any of the CB’s?
  • GeTRiGhT
    12243 posts Has That Special Something
    Sjaban wrote: »
    Sorry guys for this long post. Dont hate me but I'm really triggered. Please help me bc I dont understand this game.

I'm struggling to get Gold 1. I've been Gold 2 forever it seems. 8 plus weeks in a row. I've got 19 wins 4 times and lost the last 1 to get Gold 1 3 of those.

I started 8-2 and now Im 12-6. Sucks but this sucks more...

I've messaged all my opponents.

First 10 or when I'm 8-2
    1 elite
    7x gold 1
    1 gold 3
    1 didnt answer

Next 8:
    2x elite 2
    5x elite 3
    Gold1

What the fried pickles!!!! I'm not that good so why does it match me up with players so much better than me.

The last game was vs an elite 2 guy who had all legends and TOTYs. TOTY cr7 scored 9 goals and I'm want to quit Fifa now. Please help me understand.

What they usually ends on doesnt matter, it depends on how they record are when they met you. Are they +5 and you are +3 then its ok matching. Are you playing your matches out when you are losing or do you RQ?

Asking where they usually finish has nothing to do with why you are matching them.

@Sjaban

I started playing them all about 3 weeks ago and I've noticed no difference.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    28989 posts Player of the Year
    G1 = 66% Win %

66% = Average

Education > Elite
  • Monsta
    1825 posts Play-Off Hero
    In disbelief that I'm 5-7 from being 18-1 a few weeks ago.

Can't even remember the last time my GK has made a save. Tempted to just go Fifa 12 style with 352 High pressure using 7 attackers :joy:

43c1d483c438eacc1e9477e1c739f840.png
  • jpsblue
    5440 posts Big Money Move
    first time in ages i'm actually playing the full 30 this weekend. thank god for the australia day public holiday tomorrow B)

need 2 wins from 5 to get gold 1 i think, when i stopped playing last night. if i could be bothered to turn timed finesse on and learn it i could crack gold 1 very easily, possibly elite 3, but i just cannot.be.bothered with that ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • GeTRiGhT

It makes no sense to me

If you want 20+ you have to master timed finesse, also first time. You need a few simple trick like drag back, heel to heel. Defend 1st post corners, read opponents finesse possibilities to block and/or move gk. You also have to think. If Salah has the ball you only need to cover his left foot, if KdB has it you have to close him in asap, if kante has it dont bother about kante but block the passing lane to someone who can finesse. And be patiënt, in offense and defense.

@Pauldejong6

I've figured out and used timed finesse pretty good now. Really good. Never done a first time finesse. The skills I do best are the spin drag back and I'm learning the whatever LB plus right stick up and to the side is.

I guess I need to learn heel to heel.

I don't give up barely any headers. I dont think anyone has scored a header in 18 WL games. I've only given up a few timed finesses too as I'm getting good a defended.

The goals I give up rebounds ALOT. I give up some counters too. That's basically it.

I lose alot of close games too. I dont know what else to do.
  • GeTRiGhT
    Carswell wrote: »

It makes no sense to me

If you want 20+ you have to master timed finesse, also first time. You need a few simple trick like drag back, heel to heel. Defend 1st post corners, read opponents finesse possibilities and block and/or move gk. And be patiënt, in offense and defense.

This is all great advice and rings true with me. Just knowing the simple tricks and when they’ll work is huge.

Also moving the keeper is a massive bonus. I’m starting to get decent at it and it’s saving my butt in the WL. Earlier I faced a TOTY Ney squad and I saved 3 green timed finesses+moved the right way on a 1v1. Minimum 2 of those would’ve been goals if I hadn’t moved I’d wager.

@Carswell I dont trust myself to move the GK. Maybe I'll try it this week in Rivals but pressing the right stick in and moving seems hard I guess.
  • GeTRiGhT

It makes no sense to me

I would do the same if I was an elite 3/2 player like you. But for someone who just plays for fun and gets G2/G3 anyway, meh. I just play to have fun. I do score green finesse though don’t get me wrong. Just the first timed finesse I’m not learning. Hard pass and then finesse isn’t real football. Great buildup around the box for a finesse I’m okay with. Reminds me off Barca couple years back (the passing around the box for an oppurtunity that is).

By the way I don’t get the whole GK movement. I’m already busy trying to block the finesse with de Ligt or VVD. How can I control two players at the same time or do you not touch any of the CB’s?

@AjaxLegends I agree about the GK stuff...not sure how to do it.
  • GeTRiGhT
    If I get Gold 2 every week and often 19 wins...its not bad right? I'm kinda proud of myself with that but I guess I'm not great.
  • jpsblue
    5440 posts Big Money Move
    If I get Gold 2 every week and often 19 wins...its not bad right? I'm kinda proud of myself with that but I guess I'm not great.

gold 2 is way above the average ranking, mate. it's definitely good
  • jmaurizio
    535 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Monsta wrote: »

Can't even remember the last time my GK has made a save. Tempted to just go Fifa 12 style with 352 High pressure using 7 attackers :joy:

If you play 3-3 than attacking isn’t your problem, but your defense. Should rather play 5-3-2 in your case
  • Monsta
    1825 posts Play-Off Hero
    jmaurizio wrote: »

If you play 3-3 than attacking isn’t your problem, but your defense. Should rather play 5-3-2 in your case

Why would I want more pressure on my defense if every single shot on target is a goal?

af207170-2838-42e0-800d-96de87a96161_Thumbnail.PNG

• jmaurizio
    535 posts An Exciting Prospect
    jmaurizio wrote: »

Why would I want more pressure on my defense if every single shot on target is a goal?

af207170-2838-42e0-800d-96de87a96161_Thumbnail.PNG

More defenders = higher chance of blocking those 100% sitters??
  • MisterJV
    10774 posts Has That Special Something
    gameplay is really bad , I played 2 games tonight & I could not pass , player switch , ANY skill move . Going to get worst with EA dropping that new game ?
  • RebelRob
    6711 posts Big Money Move
    Just played against toty cr7 and he destroyed me. Guy was a first time finesser, but didntt
    RebelRob wrote: »
    Currently 17-8 and only ever reached 17 before on the last game so going to have to finish off despite needing to be up in 5 hours or so 🙈

Bottle in coming :joy:

Lost the next 2, one being to toty cr7 who is in on another level. Guy was also a finesser just going for first timers by cr, who scored 3 of them, but he also scored 2 more which were just normal shots and just flew in.

Called it a night at 17-10. Will hopefully finish off the last 5 with at least a win later tonight, although felt like I was playing some of my best fifa last night so I can guarantee I’ve not got that form and still end up on 17.

It’s sad though that once you get to a certain level that everyone does the same stuff over and over again, like drag backs and long range finesse shots. I wish I could autodefend as well as they do though :unamused:
  • G12OGN
    1519 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 2019
    Carswell wrote: »

It makes no sense to me

@Carswell I dont trust myself to move the GK. Maybe I'll try it this week in Rivals but pressing the right stick in and moving seems hard I guess.

Probably not the best time to learn moving the GK with the patch Tuesday..

All depends how much they actually nerf it though. I don't use it either, hit elite once and currently 16-4.
  • Arsenalfan97
    8277 posts League Winner
    Gameplay awful yet again only played 1 game as wel
  • weims
    Serious question, what do you do to fix things when the game throws your places all over the place (when trying to use quick tactics)? I had Desailly on the wing at one point, tried to move guys around and just ended with Fabinho at CAM too. Lovely stuff.
  • Primal
    6021 posts Big Money Move
    weims wrote: »
    Serious question, what do you do to fix things when the game throws your places all over the place (when trying to use quick tactics)? I had Desailly on the wing at one point, tried to move guys around and just ended with Fabinho at CAM too. Lovely stuff.

u need to sub someone in then it reverts the players back.. I had used all mine yesterday and had geundouzi at st, ballack as rcam and a cdm pairing of hazard and neymar. lmao had to play the last 20 minutes like it
  • MisterJV
    10774 posts Has That Special Something
    Gameplay awful yet again only played 1 game as wel

has to do with the new game EA dropped ? I wanted to play all 30 but cba , only played 2 games Saturday .
  • weims
    Primal wrote: »

u need to sub someone in then it reverts the players back.. I had used all mine yesterday and had geundouzi at st, ballack as rcam and a cdm pairing of hazard and neymar. lmao had to play the last 20 minutes like it

Lol thanks, I had Prime Best playing CB against CR7 and R94, managed to keep a clean sheet still!
  • Primal
    6021 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 2019
    Primal wrote: »

Lol thanks, I had Prime Best playing CB against CR7 and R94, managed to keep a clean sheet still!

it always end up tilting me when I'm playing someone I'm dominating but can't score lol My Mrs thought I was talking to someone last week as I was i having a rant basically saying out loud " oh great ❤️❤️❤️❤️ kante at st, typical..you do what you want kante... cr7 move aside , kante fancies himself to change the game" ..you get the jist haha

tbf kante scored a timed finese to win me the game but not really the point