The Weekend League Thread *Eddie the 🐐

Comments

• Muzza11
    10919 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 2019
    Was 14-0 and lucky me came against ECV Renzo, I lost 3-2 but I see improvement defo. He finished 30-0 two weeks ago. @EddieFicio @xciljw is he a decent player?
  • Carswell
    8409 posts League Winner
    Paciga45 wrote: »
    As soon as @Carswell shows up with a few wins using some gross tactics his little followers all come out of the closet to join him.

Sad, honestly, that so many would jump on @xciljw tactics of basically set the entire to get back on defense. The only position not on get back is the ST, who 90% of you FUT NPCs are probably tracking back with for the entire game anyway.

I don’t know how any of you playing like this are even having fun at this point.

giphy.gif
  • Carswell
    8409 posts League Winner
    Muzza11 wrote: »
    Was 14-0 and lucky me came against ECV Renzo, I lost 3-2 but I see improvement defo. He finished 30-0 two weeks ago. @EddieFicio @xciljw is he a decent player?

14-1 still solid as ****
  • Muzza11
    Carswell wrote: »

14-1 still solid as ****

Yeh I’m playing the best FIFA I’ve played in ages. Now I need to win all my games to get T100 lol.
  • Carswell
    8409 posts League Winner

14-1 still solid as ****

Yeh I’m playing the best FIFA I’ve played in ages. Now I need to win all my games to get T100 lol.

Good luck. Have I played clubs with you (Pikachu and Andrewthedon’s club)? Your username sounds familiar.
  • Muzza11

14-1 still solid as ****

Good luck. Have I played clubs with you (Pikachu and Andrewthedon’s club)? Your username sounds familiar.

Thanks and yeh you played with our club but when I joined, you left lol.
  • Andy99TradeZ
    16645 posts World Class
    Christ this guy I played vs didn't use his defence once when I was attacking. Just his cdms and lots of keeper movement.

Won from a 90th min pen when his ai defender fouled me. Karma >:)
  • TheDreamer
    3160 posts National Call-Up
    11-2, playing pretty decently, both losses were my rage quits after being 3-0 down after 30 mins. 10 deserved wins, one questinable, the poor guy against me hit the post 5 times and missed another 8 sitters, I won 7-2 though.
  • GeTRiGhT
    12243 posts Has That Special Something
    8-2

Pretty good for me my dudes.

These rage quits are killing my scoring records tho
  • TheDreamer
    3160 posts National Call-Up
    Who do you advise to play at CDM in 4231 next to Kante?
    ffs Gendouzi, Pogba, ffs Bentancour or 88 Keane?
  • chaser2k15
    14719 posts Has That Special Something
    10-10 so far. Won my last 4 games.
    Ibra is firing at the moment, most consistent performer for me this year.
  • GeTRiGhT
    TheDreamer wrote: »
    11-2, playing pretty decently, both losses were my rage quits after being 3-0 down after 30 mins. 10 deserved wins, one questinable, the poor guy against me hit the post 5 times and missed another 8 sitters, I won 7-2 though.

That's awesome! Didn't you only win like 10 games last week?
  • Carswell
    8409 posts League Winner
    TheDreamer wrote: »
    hjdjydyufu wrote: »
    8-2

Pretty good for me my dudes.

These rage quits are killing my scoring records tho

Solid job boys
  • uhMaZiiNq
    12112 posts Has That Special Something
    uhMaZiiNq wrote: »
    '96dc2 wrote: »
    Probably a lot to ask but I plan on trying WL next week and if anybody wouldn’t mind putting together a cheaper “meta” team for a few hundred k that can compete decent enough I would really appreciate it.

Meta changes on Tuesday...

Is that when the patch is? Well at least midfield and defense wise I could get a base to go off regardless of the changes right?

You'll need full backs and defenders who have high jumping stats and are tall. Also a striker who can header

Midfielders are where I’m finding it hardest to get good cheap ones tbh

IF Thomas, Goretzka, any tall/quick high stamina blokes are still more than usable.

I did really want to incorporate goretzka in. I’ll look into that Thomas guy never heard of him. Been using the likes of Matuidi who lacks offense and naingg who is rather short

Yeah I feel like height is so useful this year @uhMaZiiNq . I’m going to do the Davies SBC and have a little Bayern trio on the left most likely. Goretz NIF was immense.

Thomas is awesome lol, H/H good stamina good shot and all around great physical specimen.

Are you referring to athletico or Dortmund Thomas?

@Carswell
  • ORANGEeffect05
    25748 posts Player of the Year
    Probably a lot to ask but I plan on trying WL next week and if anybody wouldn’t mind putting together a cheaper “meta” team for a few hundred k that can compete decent enough I would really appreciate it.

Is that when the patch is? Well at least midfield and defense wise I could get a base to go off regardless of the changes right?

You'll need full backs and defenders who have high jumping stats and are tall. Also a striker who can header

IF Thomas, Goretzka, any tall/quick high stamina blokes are still more than usable.

I did really want to incorporate goretzka in. I’ll look into that Thomas guy never heard of him. Been using the likes of Matuidi who lacks offense and naingg who is rather short

Yeah I feel like height is so useful this year @uhMaZiiNq . I’m going to do the Davies SBC and have a little Bayern trio on the left most likely. Goretz NIF was immense.

Thomas is awesome lol, H/H good stamina good shot and all around great physical specimen.

@Carswell

Atleti
  • Carswell
    8409 posts League Winner

@Carswell

Atleti

This sorry
  • uhMaZiiNq

@Carswell

Atleti

That’s what I figured. The other guy looks pretty solid too as well though. I think I’ll go with Matuidi and Goretzka as a cdm pairing that should work fine I would imagine
  • uhMaZiiNq

@Carswell

Atleti

This sorry

It’s ok there’s a ton of posts it’s easy to miss one.
  • Carswell
    8409 posts League Winner

@Carswell

Atleti

That’s what I figured. The other guy looks pretty solid too as well though. I think I’ll go with Matuidi and Goretzka as a cdm pairing that should work fine I would imagine

Sounds solid. Matuidi short but still a boss. @ORANGEeffect05 knows 😎
  • AjaxLegends
    3562 posts National Call-Up
    Just played OL Aero. Seems he is a pro. Got absolutely wrecked. He had a great team as well with Cruyff, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Pele, Blanc and the Lyon future stars. I had one shot on target and lost 4-0. His defending was so good.
  • jmaurizio
    535 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Usually finish G2. Dont know whats happening but only lost my first game and now on a 12 winningstreak. Stopped smoking weed since monday feeling sharp af. i’ll fight you all
  • Andy99TradeZ
    16645 posts World Class
    Whats the point. The ai has made me. Concede 2 pens. They shoot and I change player but the other defender just fouls for no reason
  • GeTRiGhT
    Anybody played a dude darknessdesigns and gfx Inc or whatever

By far the worst player for unsportsmanship I've ever played. Awful.
  • jmaurizio wrote: »
    Usually finish G2. Dont know whats happening but only lost my first game and now on a 12 winningstreak. Stopped smoking weed since monday feeling sharp af. i’ll fight you all

playing smoke-free last 2 weeks as well and winning more than ever, thought I tried this before but maybe not :joy:
  • kfcbucket21
    6093 posts Big Money Move
    just lost 5-4 in ET because no matter how many times I changed tactics or subs it kept putting torreira at ST and Jackson Martinez at CDM. gotta love conceding multiple goals due to a glitch having a 5'6 striker in the midfield
  • Primal
    6021 posts Big Money Move
    that has to be the worst gameplay I've ever had, every tackle goes back to someone, players can't pass first time and every shot just hits the bar or gets saved. Every game I've just had I had between 25-30 shots with them having about 1 or 2 yet they've all been a struggle.

I normally go around 18-0/1... I'm 4-2 atm lmao 1 pen loss to a guy who had 1 shot and 1 in extra time to a guy with no thumbs who I dominated yet he does a random cross to zlatan lol

will stop at 11 this week , I can't handle this gameplay.
  • Primal
    6021 posts Big Money Move
    also the amount of times I've pressed shoot and the player does a tackle animation is astonishing. :|
  • Monsta
    1825 posts Play-Off Hero
    Time to turn this 2-5 around lord have mercy o:)

Might start a new team from scratch next week, feel too forced into teams with the amount of untradeables I try & use.
  • sturges12345
    4070 posts National Call-Up
    8-3. The game play isn't great right now.
    However, my last game reminded me in why i never rage quit.
    3-0 down at half time and 3-0 down in 29 mins.
    I come back to win 5-3 in 90 mins. The guy didn't even have a shot second half. Absolute domination.
    I wouldn't rage quit unless i'm losing 5-0. 4-0 and 3-0 are definetly recoverable on this game. The amount comebacks i make are ridiculous
  • Andy99TradeZ
    16645 posts World Class
    Played against an el tornado cross spammer.

Neymar out jumped militao and scored from a weird angle from a header after the cross :|

Ibra clutched tho. 13-2 now