Futswap Da Costa or Otw Promes?

uhMaZiiNq
11600 posts Has That Special Something
edited January 26
Since promes got upgraded I guess there’s a choice to be made now. Would just have promes as a sub and da costa would start potentially if I end up wanting to get Neuer in a team
Post edited by uhMaZiiNq on

Comments

• MattDaddy V1
    1619 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 25
    According to the calender there's now one available for squad battles and there's one SBC due tomorrow but no weekly objectives.

Edit: Sorry forgot to say that there's no weekly objectives one as the objectives run out on the 1st of February and the futswap deals run out on the 31st of January.
  • uhMaZiiNq
    According to the calender there's now one available for squad battles and there's one SBC due tomorrow but no weekly objectives.

Edit: Sorry forgot to say that there's no weekly objectives one as the objectives run out on the 1st of February and the futswap deals run out on the 31st of January.

That’s weird could’ve just had them up for 6 days. I don’t see any from squad battles though but I’m not exactly sure what to be looking for there. Where is this calendar?
  • MattDaddy V1
    1619 posts Play-Off Hero
    Sorry was cooking dinner lol.

When you load ultimate team up on console there's 'usually' advert pages (totw/promo/new SBCs) you have to sit through before ultimate team loads in. There's 'usually'a futswap calendar page there.

As for the squad battles card if you go to squad battles and look under rewards it should say how many coins, packs etc you get for each rank and this week for finish silver 3 you'll get an Australian kit and a futswap token player (Moore I believe.)

One of the EA guys (Doonan I believe) responded to someone on twitter awhile back saying they only put a set amount of players into weekly objectives and can't legally put weekly objectives up for less than 7 days as it would be false advertising. Instead they would utilize SBC's to release the remaining card(s).
  • uhMaZiiNq

When you load ultimate team up on console there's 'usually' advert pages (totw/promo/new SBCs) you have to sit through before ultimate team loads in. There's 'usually'a futswap calendar page there.

As for the squad battles card if you go to squad battles and look under rewards it should say how many coins, packs etc you get for each rank and this week for finish silver 3 you'll get an Australian kit and a futswap token player (Moore I believe.)

One of the EA guys (Doonan I believe) responded to someone on twitter awhile back saying they only put a set amount of players into weekly objectives and can't legally put weekly objectives up for less than 7 days as it would be false advertising. Instead they would utilize SBC's to release the remaining card(s).

Ah ok. The servers just died on me so I’ll check it out when it lets me back in. You said there is an sbc for one tomorrow though right? Are those typically cheap because I would definitely rather do that than said battles lol
  • MattDaddy V1
    1619 posts Play-Off Hero
    uhMaZiiNq wrote: »

Ah ok. The servers just died on me so I’ll check it out when it lets me back in. You said there is an sbc for one tomorrow though right? Are those typically cheap because I would definitely rather do that than said battles lol

Yep all EA servers are down, so I can't play FIFA 19 or FIFA mobile lol. The SBCs aren't usually that expensive, usually around 7k max if they require all random rare gold cards. You should be able to do it for cheap with bits and bobs you have lying around the club. Sometimes you can get away with mainly bronzes and silver teams.
  • uhMaZiiNq

Yep all EA servers are down, so I can't play FIFA 19 or FIFA mobile lol. The SBCs aren't usually that expensive, usually around 7k max if they require all random rare gold cards. You should be able to do it for cheap with bits and bobs you have lying around the club. Sometimes you can get away with mainly bronzes and silver teams.

Very nice. Thank you! Glad I will be able to get Da Costa after all. There doesn’t seem to be many if any good bundes RB options usually
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    Am I missing something or is this normal? I’m one off the Danny Da Costa and was expecting to be able to finish it when the objectives reset today

Squad Battles?
  • MattDaddy V1
    1619 posts Play-Off Hero

Very nice. Thank you! Glad I will be able to get Da Costa after all. There doesn’t seem to be many if any good bundes RB options usually

Not a problem. Yeah I'm two off Da Costa myself, so hopefully I'll have him to replace UCL Rafinha in my bundes b squad. Using SBC Caligiuri in my a squad and not had a problem with him, but you're right about the lack of clarity for bundes fullbacks. Although saying that IF Kimmich looks decent.
  • Ghoat
    8 posts Ball Boy
    What is the max number of swap cards we can have right now? I have 10, but it feels like I might have missed one or two? Or more the point how many are supposed to be left? 1 from squad battles and...?
  • Baker
    1500 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ghoat wrote: »
    What is the max number of swap cards we can have right now? I have 10, but it feels like I might have missed one or two? Or more the point how many are supposed to be left? 1 from squad battles and...?
    If you read the post above it clearly says it...
  • Ghoat
    8 posts Ball Boy
    Baker wrote: »
    If you read the post above it clearly says it...

Well obviously I read am still confused or I wouldn't have bother to read the thread and ask the question. But I appreciate ya taking the time to respond but not answer ;)
  • Baker
    1500 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 25
    According to the calender there's now one available for squad battles and there's one SBC due tomorrow but no weekly objectives

• Ghoat
    8 posts Ball Boy
    According to the calender there's now one available for squad battles and there's one SBC due tomorrow but no weekly objectives

Yes, I read that, and can count both of them. However, I am still unsure if there are additional SBC's beyond tomorrow, or if so how many, if I may have missed 1 or two somewhere etc.., you know, kind of a lot like the way I originally worded my question. Your passive-aggressiveness is duly noted as are your exquisite quoting and bolding skils
  • munchie63
    2860 posts Fans' Favourite
    well, lets see

there are 14 in total

2 this weekend

so 12 must have been and gone

You have 10

12 - 10 = 2 you are missing

Hopefully thats clear enough for you. Not sure if I;m being passive by replying or aggresive with the sarcasm

sure you'll let me know
  • MattDaddy V1
    1619 posts Play-Off Hero

Yes, I read that, and can count both of them. However, I am still unsure if there are additional SBC's beyond tomorrow, or if so how many, if I may have missed 1 or two somewhere etc.., you know, kind of a lot like the way I originally worded my question. Your passive-aggressiveness is duly noted as are your exquisite quoting and bolding skils

As far as I'm aware these two are the last two available, so there 'should' of been 12 so far. EA really need a better calender to show people who's available, when and how or at least a sticky thread on the forum telling you when and how to get the tokens.

Hopefully they've done away with releasing tokens the same way they did with previous tokens that were available through daily objectives of by completing marquee matchups.
  • uhMaZiiNq
    edited January 25
    munchie63 wrote: »
    well, lets see

there are 14 in total

2 this weekend

You have 10

Hopefully thats clear enough for you. Not sure if I;m being passive by replying or aggresive with the sarcasm

sure you'll let me know

Nah I know I’m missing some for sure I only got the game a couple weeks ago so missed the first week of objectives at least. I was just under the impression that weekly objectives were the only way to obtain them

Although I see now I don’t think you were even talking to me lol
  • kfcbucket21
    6075 posts Big Money Move
    well, lets see

there are 14 in total

2 this weekend

You have 10

sure you'll let me know

Nah I know I’m missing some for sure I only got the game a couple weeks ago so missed the first week of objectives at least. I was just under the impression that weekly objectives were the only way to obtain them

If you get s3 or up in SB this week you get 1 and guessing there will be an sbc. This is my first month doing the futswaps but they're usually done through weekly obj, sbc and SB rewards
  • uhMaZiiNq
    well, lets see

there are 14 in total

2 this weekend

You have 10

sure you'll let me know

If you get s3 or up in SB this week you get 1 and guessing there will be an sbc. This is my first month doing the futswaps but they're usually done through weekly obj, sbc and SB rewards

Yeah I’m gonna wait until tomorrow. If I don’t have to play squad battles I definitely don’t want to
  • Ghoat
    8 posts Ball Boy
    well, lets see

there are 14 in total

2 this weekend

You have 10

sure you'll let me know

Nope, that exactly what I was trying to figure out, I missed a pair somewhere. I'll swap em for cards since can't get the Dembele card. Thank you sir :)
  • uhMaZiiNq
    Changed title. Otw promes for a sub or Da costa?
  • o0OainavO0o
    2226 posts Fans' Favourite
    Promes hasn’t got an upgrade and seems he will not, da costa is a decent upgrade, I grabbed him to pair with my untradeable tah upgrade, neither make it to my first team though.
  • Tietherope
    10063 posts Has That Special Something
    Promes hasn’t got an upgrade and seems he will not, da costa is a decent upgrade, I grabbed him to pair with my untradeable tah upgrade, neither make it to my first team though.

What do you mean? He got upgraded yesterday.

Or are you talking about the upcoming rating refresh?
  • o0OainavO0o
    2226 posts Fans' Favourite
    Tietherope wrote: »

Never noticed promes got upgraded lol, facepalm. Not sure why, but heh, there you go, both are upgraded.
  • uhMaZiiNq
    Tietherope wrote: »

Never noticed promes got upgraded lol, facepalm. Not sure why, but heh, there you go, both are upgraded.

Yeah he got upgraded when the motm came out and obviously has potential for future upgrades. I do plan on getting Goretzka in my team though so I may need Da Costa
  • Milner
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    This promes has turned on its head. I thought it was useless at the beginning of Jan!

Gutted I did Martinez now as there's potential for an IF this week too.
  • uhMaZiiNq
    Milner wrote: »
    This promes has turned on its head. I thought it was useless at the beginning of Jan!

I used Promes nif off the bench a few times and he seemed pretty decent. I wish I didn’t start playing 2 weeks into the month so I could’ve maybe got both. I feel like I need to get Da Costa for the triangle with Goretzka and boateng with Neuer in net and the juve triangle on the left
  • Milner
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite

I used Promes nif off the bench a few times and he seemed pretty decent. I wish I didn’t start playing 2 weeks into the month so I could’ve maybe got both. I feel like I need to get Da Costa for the triangle with Goretzka and boateng with Neuer in net and the juve triangle on the left

Promes is attainable from the market, so there's that to consider as well.

Depends on the rest of your team as well? Do you need the strong link to Goretzka? If not buy Hakimi and do Promes.
  • uhMaZiiNq

Promes is attainable from the market, so there's that to consider as well.

Depends on the rest of your team as well? Do you need the strong link to Goretzka? If not buy Hakimi and do Promes.

Yeah I was looking at that Hakimi just not sure I want to spend 100k on a RB. I don’t necessarily need that strong link right now though
  • CR7BRUH
    3874 posts National Call-Up
    Did both was gna go for the pack but after the last 2 months of crap no.

Is go for Promes incase of otw SBC anyway and I want to put him in (if I don't get along with him)
  • Pauldejong6
    6725 posts Big Money Move
    With Future star Hakimi I think da costa has become less interesting. Promes is playing really well lately and has a solid chance to be in totw next week.