Next Fifa, EA should require a speed test before playing

JonRambo
1103 posts Professional
If your internet isnt up to a certain speed then you cant play fifa online. Because so many people play with adsl1 and 2 and even use their mobile phone to hotspot and it slows your opponent down and gives them worse speed.

I have 100mb download connection and 40mb upload hard wired to my ps4 and get button delay every single game. So i decided to do a mobile hotspot and i get hardly any and i get messages from my opponents saying they lagged bad.

Its really unfair and EA really need to fix the way players connect to eachother next fifa.

Comments

• Ben
    4526 posts National Call-Up
    All they care about is selling fifa points so the more the better
  • JonRambo
    1103 posts Professional
    Ben wrote: »
    All they care about is selling fifa points so the more the better

Yeah i know, its crap hey. But EA should think of a internet speed that their game will be playable at with no delay and use that as a guide, so if you dont have that speed, you cant play online or at least Futchamps.

We need one good mode in Ultimate team where everyone can play evenly with no assistance at all, just based on skill.
  • Mrhey31
    2178 posts Fans' Favourite
    JonRambo wrote: »
    If your internet isnt up to a certain speed then you cant play fifa online. Because so many people play with adsl1 and 2 and even use their mobile phone to hotspot and it slows your opponent down and gives them worse speed.

I have 100mb download connection and 40mb upload hard wired to my ps4 and get button delay every single game. So i decided to do a mobile hotspot and i get hardly any and i get messages from my opponents saying they lagged bad.

Its really unfair and EA really need to fix the way players connect to eachother next fifa.

Great idea. If FIFA takes itself serious they would do this.
  • omarnyc
    3826 posts National Call-Up

Your 100/40mbps doesnt mean ❤️❤️❤️❤️ if your ping is high.
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    i have wired and wireless options. at times switching to wireless is better for me.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    6216 posts Big Money Move
    I believe the internet has no bearing and I believe the servers are generally fine. It has been said by people in the know that delay and sluggishness is actually built into the game purposely. People blame the servers because it’s logical. But EA have coded this in the game.
  • MUFC_420
    2691 posts Fans' Favourite
    This would be absolutely useless unless they update or replace the servers.

The delay isn't caused by our connection it's the servers we are connecting to that's the problem.
  • Invincibility
    4661 posts National Call-Up
    Who cares.. Just play!
  • MUFC_420
    Who cares.. Just play!

That's the problem though I want to "just play" but the game is unplayable.
  • Burninman
    303 posts Sunday League Hero
    Who cares.. Just play!

I assume you don’t lag, and feed off the ones who unfortunately do 😂
  • Recoba
    4384 posts National Call-Up
    Last week I played some games on the last WL hour. 6am UK. The gameplay was lighting fast. Zero delay.
  • Enzfut
    286 posts Sunday League Hero
    Absolutely nothing to do with internet speed, its the server stop giving EA a get out clause
  • SuperKMx
    2034 posts Fans' Favourite
    I believe the internet has no bearing and I believe the servers are generally fine. It has been said by people in the know that delay and sluggishness is actually built into the game purposely. People blame the servers because it’s logical. But EA have coded this in the game.

The people "in the know" in this case are very much not in the know at all, given that they're spouting utter garbage.
  • MUFC_420
    Enzfut wrote: »
    Absolutely nothing to do with internet speed, its the server stop giving EA a get out clause

It's unbelievable how many people still think the problem is on our end :D
  • SeanDCFC
    2482 posts Fans' Favourite
    A speed test would prove what exactly? Speed means almost nothing in gaming.
  • JonRambo
    1103 posts Professional
    SeanDCFC wrote: »

Well you tell me how someone with 100mb download and 40mb upload that is hard wired straight to their ps4 but gets a 2sec button delay and his opponent has adsl and using wifi gets none and we live about 20kms away from eachother ?

To me it seems like the player with the worse internet gets better speed some how.

If it was JUST the servers and nothing to do with the way EA connect 2 people in a game then everyone in Australia would get this button delay and they dont.
  • SeanDCFC
    2482 posts Fans' Favourite

Well you tell me how someone with 100mb download and 40mb upload that is hard wired straight to their ps4 but gets a 2sec button delay and his opponent has adsl and using wifi gets none and we live about 20kms away from eachother ?

To me it seems like the player with the worse internet gets better speed some how.

If it was JUST the servers and nothing to do with the way EA connect 2 people in a game then everyone in Australia would get this button delay and they dont.

Again, upload and download mean very little with gaming, don't know why you keep mentioning it. There are many reasons that this could happen and it's impossible for me to give the answer you are looking for, it could be caused be lag compensation, jitter etc etc.
  • SinkXI
    941 posts Professional
    Just played 3 rivals games in a row where my players were running in slow motion, and I was getting ping ponged for fun

zx40gg.jpg

Surely this is a good enough connection to have a lag free game ? Or am I being punished for having the better connection
  • pot51
    106 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Is 59ms ping your best ping you get ? Thats quite high if i do a test on wifi on my phone my lowest is under 15ms xbox wired to xbox conection test is 25ms not the great but okish
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    They really should've some sort of connection restrictions in a competitive game. You're banned from a competitive season in Overwatch for too many disconnects from their server. They give you a few warnings, tell you to improve your connection before banning you from competitive play.
  • JonRambo
    1103 posts Professional

If your n

Again, upload and download mean very little with gaming, don't know why you keep mentioning it. There are many reasons that this could happen and it's impossible for me to give the answer you are looking for, it could be caused be lag compensation, jitter etc etc.

Well i dont know whzt else to change or say either except it cant be my end if i dont get it in any other online game i play. I play Battlefield and fortnite and get under 20ms ping and in fifa i always get a 5 green bar connection and when i message my opponents they always have worse internet then me.

The only other time i lag is if i play on a server in the US or UK, maybe EA just needs better servers and need a certain speed requirement so its fair for all players specially futchamps. Div rivals i dont care.