• Zv1k0
    5873 posts Big Money Move
    Pooter wrote: »
    Zv1k0 wrote: »
    Dixie81 wrote: »
    I have always found that if you are about to level up from like elite 3 to elite 2 the AI plays a lot better so you don’t get maximum points,

Your best of playing your games at a lower setting so you can try and max the points from each level.

I play on different levels to try and max the points as I won’t beat an 89 rated team on ultimate so play that on professional to try and max points other than that everything is either world class or ultimate

I've played a game this week on semi pro, believe me, I've not used semi pro for the last two months, and I still got beaten by a team full of TOTY players, yet I've beaten a team full of icons on PRO, explain that? I bet you can't

I already did. Here:
    It's the formation, instructions and custom tactics of AI teams that makes some of the teams harder even with low rating and chem.

I've done the formation and instructions/custom tactics, that was in placed months ago, there is a thread that I've started, that I complained about the controls flipping to one button control and that it completely reset all the tactics that I had done

Not your formation, tactics and instructions but formation, tacticts and instructions of the team you play against. In squad battles you play squads that people made, including tactics and instructions. Some are obviously better than others. Some don't even have instructions and tactics set up. That means 89 rated, 100 chem team can be much easier to break down than 75 rated, 70 chem team.

And how do I know the tactics and instructions of the team I play? If everyone knew that, I think we will all be beating them 5-0 or more on Ultimate level

Rivals will always be a score draw while FUT champs will always go to penalties and be still on the first game

You can't know. Last year it said what play style and pressure they play. I believe you can't see that this year.
  • Pooter
    1275 posts Professional
    I have always found that if you are about to level up from like elite 3 to elite 2 the AI plays a lot better so you don’t get maximum points,

Your best of playing your games at a lower setting so you can try and max the points from each level.

I play on different levels to try and max the points as I won’t beat an 89 rated team on ultimate so play that on professional to try and max points other than that everything is either world class or ultimate

I've played a game this week on semi pro, believe me, I've not used semi pro for the last two months, and I still got beaten by a team full of TOTY players, yet I've beaten a team full of icons on PRO, explain that? I bet you can't

I already did. Here:
    It's the formation, instructions and custom tactics of AI teams that makes some of the teams harder even with low rating and chem.

I've done the formation and instructions/custom tactics, that was in placed months ago, there is a thread that I've started, that I complained about the controls flipping to one button control and that it completely reset all the tactics that I had done

Not your formation, tactics and instructions but formation, tacticts and instructions of the team you play against. In squad battles you play squads that people made, including tactics and instructions. Some are obviously better than others. Some don't even have instructions and tactics set up. That means 89 rated, 100 chem team can be much easier to break down than 75 rated, 70 chem team.

And how do I know the tactics and instructions of the team I play? If everyone knew that, I think we will all be beating them 5-0 or more on Ultimate level

Rivals will always be a score draw while FUT champs will always go to penalties and be still on the first game

You can't know. Last year it said what play style and pressure they play. I believe you can't see that this year.

I played bits of the game last year, yet still wasn't able to see. Are you sure it isn't PES you're talking about?
  • Zv1k0

I already did. Here:

I played bits of the game last year, yet still wasn't able to see. Are you sure it isn't PES you're talking about?

Yeah I'm sure lol.
  • Pooter
    1275 posts Professional
    edited January 25

I already did. Here:

Yeah I'm sure lol.

I don't think you are, never been able to see other teams tactics, unless you can show me a screenshot
  • Just_Unfair
    3928 posts National Call-Up

I already did. Here:

Yeah I'm sure lol.

I don't think you are, never been able to see other teams tactics

At the screen that shows the 4 teams...you can also see their play style...90% of the time it says tiki taka and no pressure for the team
  • Zv1k0

I already did. Here:

Yeah I'm sure lol.

At the screen that shows the 4 teams...you can also see their play style...90% of the time it says tiki taka and no pressure for the team

Yep. Flick right analogue stick up/down.
  • BGAlum
    916 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 25
    I'm sorry but this is getting ridiculous now. It's really not the game screwing you over if you have troubles beating Professional AI. You just need to get better man.

I really see no difference in the tactics from team, so while that might be true, I do not see 75 rated players knocking them in from 10 yards outside the box on professional level often... then my squad not be able to hit the broad side of a barn after scoring 7 goals and being dead balls accurate on goal in the previous match against a better overall team.

And by get better, again, I think it means ignoring football and play this like any other game taking advantage of the built in glitches which makes it less like football and less fun.

The sad thing is I have gotten better and I have played people in WL and singles matches that can not believe I am a Div 7 player. Other times get smashed by newbies. I get it, it happens, but tired of being told to watch more videos, and do this and that...

At some point it becomes work... and ceases to be fun. Glad you all have fun with it still, but seams like every time I make any kind of progress and I use Squad Battles as an example because it should be consistent AI.

I was winning every single game on Pro or above level, until the last two weeks and can barely win a match at times.

I guess what I am saying is that the gameplay is still inconsistent unless you take below semi-pro as it seems the programming aspect of the AI is really more random on anything above semi-pro.

But hey... I really don’t give a rats backside anymore. The game has been 💩 from beta until now, so I can leave in peace.

• Pooter
    1275 posts Professional
    edited January 25
    EDIT: no comment. I can't delete this post
  • Pooter
    1275 posts Professional
    edited January 25

I already did. Here:

Yeah I'm sure lol.

I don't see their play styles

EDIT: Now I see it, but I don't know how to play against 90% of tiki taka
  • Zv1k0
    BGAlum wrote: »
    I'm sorry but this is getting ridiculous now. It's really not the game screwing you over if you have troubles beating Professional AI. You just need to get better man.

I really see no difference in the tactics from team, so while that might be true, I do not see 75 rated players knocking them in from 10 yards outside the box on professional level often... then my squad not be able to hit the broad side of a barn after scoring 7 goals and being dead balls accurate on goal in the previous match against a better overall team.

And by get better, again, I think it means ignoring football and play this like any other game taking advantage of the built in glitches which makes it less like football and less fun.

It is true. It's more noticeable on higher level. If you can only play on pro, you might have a good game and completely destroy them but struggle in the second game. That's because you have so much room to improve. In the game you destroyed them, you were doing stuff that is good against AI. In the other game, you didn't. That's the difference between good and bad player against AI. Good player knows what works against AI, what he can exploit in attack, how to position his players to force AI to turnover possession etc. And that's what you guys haven't figured out yet.

That's just how it is. There really are no "glitches" that work against AI this year but yes, there are game mechanics that you should use to make it easier for yourself. And you are right, this is no football simulation and I think that's a good thing. Not saying it does, but it should require skill. IRL, the ball is round so anything can happen. That shouldn't be a thing in a game. Not on a competitive level.
  • Dixie81
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Pooter I mean is you level changing with the win from gold to elite or anything like that
  • BGAlum
    916 posts Semi-Pro
    @Zv1k0 actually I had figured it out and was moving to play most games above pro until recently. In fact I would have no issue playing my lower rated US team against any team on Squad Battles at pro level and even above at times.

Like I said, it was only in the last week and a half really that something has changed.

Most of the folks on the forum do noT bother with Squad Battles really, as they think they are a waste or kill their skill levels. Regardless, this is something that has been going on for a while, but only recently something Tweeked enough that I could not overcome. Last night was the absolute last straw really.

I can not believe my ability to play has deteriorated that much. Let alone between two games. I did the exact same thing... wide open looks and off the post or wide...while again the managed to get in a goal from well outside the box, which is not a common occurrence with the AI in Pro Level at all.

As stated before I can hang with and sometimes beat players outside my skill level, so something has to give here.

But again, should not care as I am not going to take the time to figure it out and not renewing my plus account anyhow for it to matter even if I did.

I suck, the game sucks...so there we are even. 😃

• Pooter
    1275 posts Professional
    Pooter I mean is you level changing with the win from gold to elite or anything like that

Yeah, but since I'm losing a lot, I don't get it to change
  • Dixie81
    I started off playing semi pro or pro with my 82 rated team, since I now have an 87 rated team with 100 chem I now play world class or legendary, most of the time I win but there are a couple of games that take me into extra time. Just try to enjoy the game and not rage and get someone sent off like I do.

What rank do you normally get? And do you play all the games?
  • Pooter
    1275 posts Professional
    edited January 25
    I started off playing semi pro or pro with my 82 rated team, since I now have an 87 rated team with 100 chem I now play world class or legendary, most of the time I win but there are a couple of games that take me into extra time. Just try to enjoy the game and not rage and get someone sent off like I do.

What rank do you normally get? And do you play all the games?

I've got 85 but that doesn't stop the AI even in semi pro from glitching and going into Ultimate level by having even gold common players winning a game. Really, I'm not that bad, but all of a sudden a rash of injuries for no explanation at all, the players fitness is at 99 when I start
  • Dixie81
    Is your chem 100%??
    How have you got your team set up?
    There has to be a reason your having so much trouble 🤔
  • Pooter
    1275 posts Professional
    Is your chem 100%??
    How have you got your team set up?
    There has to be a reason your having so much trouble 🤔

Always is 100%.

I guess EA doesn't like people complaining how bugged up the game is, can't explain it myself
  • BGAlum
    916 posts Semi-Pro

It is true. It's more noticeable on higher level. If you can only play on pro, you might have a good game and completely destroy them but struggle in the second game. That's because you have so much room to improve. In the game you destroyed them, you were doing stuff that is good against AI. In the other game, you didn't. That's the difference between good and bad player against AI. Good player knows what works against AI, what he can exploit in attack, how to position his players to force AI to turnover possession etc. And that's what you guys haven't figured out yet.

That's just how it is. There really are no "glitches" that work against AI this year but yes, there are game mechanics that you should use to make it easier for yourself. And you are right, this is no football simulation and I think that's a good thing. Not saying it does, but it should require skill. IRL, the ball is round so anything can happen. That shouldn't be a thing in a game. Not on a competitive level.

And I have played at the higher levels, world class and above and again, so I do not see the difference in the tactics. I have yet to see a single team have high pressure to start the match for example. Depending on the situation that might happen at the end of the half or end of the game, but none have started out with it, which of all the squad battles I have played, none have used that tactic. That would be on average 30 to 40 games a week played on that mode average.

If you say it is less noticeable at lower levels, then at the same time it explains losing 2-1 to a 79 rated team with 55 chem and beating a solid 82 rated team with 100 chem 7-0, I have to say that is a likely fallacy.

Even beating the 91 rated team with 100 chem, and having TOTY Ramos, Modric, Marcelo, and Neymar, with Cavani and Suarez up front and Icon Piero in the same round of matches, so again, I am not buying it.

Like I said prior to last week, I always played pro or above, and lost only a handful of games and those were against higher rated teams with good chem.

I honestly feel like if I had moved that game up to Legendary it would have been a better match.

My point being is I think the system randomly picks times to up or lower the AI skill effort. I know it moves the selection level around when selecting a game. I could have played the last match World Class and go to play the next game and it has Semi Pro highlighted. And in this game you know the highlighted menu item almost always sticks in the last selected location, which makes this odd.
  • FalconFan
    58 posts Park Captain
    Something stinks with the entire game lately. From the groups that have relegated themselves down the rivals ladders, to poor server connections and poorly thought of promo/money grabs.

It seems like- nope you had a good run with the 87 rated team, but maybe you need to upgrade to keep your consistent Elite 1 or 2 status for Squad Battles.
  • Zv1k0

And I have played at the higher levels, world class and above and again, so I do not see the difference in the tactics. I have yet to see a single team have high pressure to start the match for example. Depending on the situation that might happen at the end of the half or end of the game, but none have started out with it, which of all the squad battles I have played, none have used that tactic. That would be on average 30 to 40 games a week played on that mode average.

If you say it is less noticeable at lower levels, then at the same time it explains losing 2-1 to a 79 rated team with 55 chem and beating a solid 82 rated team with 100 chem 7-0, I have to say that is a likely fallacy.

Even beating the 91 rated team with 100 chem, and having TOTY Ramos, Modric, Marcelo, and Neymar, with Cavani and Suarez up front and Icon Piero in the same round of matches, so again, I am not buying it.

Like I said prior to last week, I always played pro or above, and lost only a handful of games and those were against higher rated teams with good chem.

I honestly feel like if I had moved that game up to Legendary it would have been a better match.

My point being is I think the system randomly picks times to up or lower the AI skill effort. I know it moves the selection level around when selecting a game. I could have played the last match World Class and go to play the next game and it has Semi Pro highlighted. And in this game you know the highlighted menu item almost always sticks in the last selected location, which makes this odd.

By higher levels I didn't mean just AI difficulty but also your skill. Like I said, you have a lot to improve and you just don't see it. And it's not the pressure. It's instructions and formation that makes the biggest difference. For example, if you have your full backs on join the attack, on some teams, their winger or CM will mark that run. On others they won't. Or if you are playing through the middle, their CAM and ST will on some teams come back to defence. Which means all the drag backs and other skills you do in front of their box, trying to make the space for that finesse shot, won't work very well because you have their striker right behind you and will just tackle you easily.

Stuff like that make the big difference. I beat 100 chem, 90 rated teams on Ultimate, sometimes even 5-0 and then struggle against 70, 75 chem team. It is a thing. You just aren't there yet. That's why you can't see it. I mean, I won't force this on you, believe what you will. But as a top 10 SB player since SB were a thing, I think I know what I'm talking about.
  • BGAlum
    916 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 25

By higher levels I didn't mean just AI difficulty but also your skill. Like I said, you have a lot to improve and you just don't see it. And it's not the pressure. It's instructions and formation that makes the biggest difference. For example, if you have your full backs on join the attack, on some teams, their winger or CM will mark that run. On others they won't. Or if you are playing through the middle, their CAM and ST will on some teams come back to defence. Which means all the drag backs and other skills you do in front of their box, trying to make the space for that finesse shot, won't work very well because you have their striker right behind you and will just tackle you easily.

Stuff like that make the big difference. I beat 100 chem, 90 rated teams on Ultimate, sometimes even 5-0 and then struggle against 70, 75 chem team. It is a thing. You just aren't there yet. That's why you can't see it. I mean, I won't force this on you, believe what you will. But as a top 10 SB player since SB were a thing, I think I know what I'm talking about.

I understand what you are saying, but what I am saying is that had not been a problem until recently. I have been winning consistently at a specific level, conceding goals and have to scrape some wins, but winning. This was completely different. So my skill level went down is what you are saying?

Sure thing... I won’t see it then. I have peaked. I have no desire to make a video game that much work. My actual GOLF game and things I can actually control, sure, but a video game that can and is patched like crazy and comes out with new versions every year, I will pass.

I appreciate the feedback, but just not digging it enough to even try anymore.
  • Zv1k0

I appreciate the feedback, but just not digging it enough to even try anymore.

You said something like that in your last post so I didn't reply anymore. It's not that easy to quit is it. :D
  • Pooter
    1275 posts Professional
    Amazing, won 4 out of 4 games in the last batch of games. And I didn't even get an injured player(s)t

It was so surreal, every game mode I was playing, there were at least one defender getting injured, even in career mode
  • Pooter
    1275 posts Professional
    You are correct guys, it does seem that tiki taka is ones that I'm having great difficulties with

Any tips and/or formations against tiki taka?
  • Pooter
    1275 posts Professional
    edited January 27
    Definitely think the offside and AI is messed up. You get weaker teams winning yet, it wasn't tiki taka

I don't think I will get E2 this time round, the game is messed up beyond belief
  • Pooter
    1275 posts Professional
    E2 again, but didn't manage to enter the E1 zone this week. Mainly because I think the AI had it against me, lol.

The amount of games I've lost this week, I couldn't believe it, losing a game or two in semi pro, mainly because those TOTY cards are too powerful. I even had a team who had only two players that were not TOTY cards
  • hayhor1
    14219 posts Has That Special Something
    E2 again, but didn't manage to enter the E1 zone this week. Mainly because I think the AI had it against me, lol.

The amount of games I've lost this week, I couldn't believe it, losing a game or two in semi pro, mainly because those TOTY cards are too powerful. I even had a team who had only two players that were not TOTY cards

You play on semi-pro? holy moly
  • Pooter
    1275 posts Professional
    hayhor1 wrote: »

You play on semi-pro? holy moly

Erm, not all the time, but this week was literally really doing my head in. I had to face a team full of TOTY cards, that and a few others I played semi pro. It was mostly PRO and some WC with one or two Legendary mode
  • Dixie81
    Pooter- looks like the table has turned 😢

Just got beat 3-0 against an 83 rated team in world class
    First half I had like 12 shots and they had 0
    Second half I could not touch the ball and when I did I could not pass out my own half. And ended up losing 3 - 0 and only getting 200 points instead of almost 2000. thank god I was already on elite 1

Bloody game 😡
  • BGAlum
    916 posts Semi-Pro
    Played on my son’s account and playing with a newly started team and such I have just as much or better luck on World Class, Pro, or even Legendary than I do on my account.

@Zv1k0 one thing as I thought about it a bit more in terms of your statement on custom tactics and such. For those items to be effective and be a real difference maker, shouldn’t the team chemistry still come into play?

I’m other words having an awesome custom tactic set up on a team controlled by AI should matter much less if the chem is not 100 or even below 70 almost a non factor...at least the lip service to the importance of chemistry.

Also I find it quite funny that when EA randomly picks the teams for the Squad Battles they do not review the names of the squads. Played one along the lines of FIFA 19 and EA suck...and others that have had questionable names. They do not even seem to check those at all.