FUT Champions - FLAWED REGISTRATION!

I've been playing FUT mode on FIFA for a few months now and this week finally had some time to dedicate to qualifying for FUT Champions. I then managed to keep my weekend relatively free so that I could actually play. I went to play and get informed that I have to register the during the week before!!!!

What a stupid flawed registration system! This is the only weekend I have off for months to do this and I now can't play. Furthermore, any online games to accumulate any FUT Champions Points until I use the token I have.

EA - What the hell are you doing!?!?!

Comments

• SupaNoodle1990
    32408 posts National Team Captain
    edited January 2019
    It absolutely sucks dude. I’ve forgot a few times.
  • Blackpoolmonster
    4754 posts National Call-Up
    Pabs770 wrote: »
    I've been playing FUT mode on FIFA for a few months now and this week finally had some time to dedicate to qualifying for FUT Champions. I then managed to keep my weekend relatively free so that I could actually play. I went to play and get informed that I have to register the during the week before!!!!

What a stupid flawed registration system! This is the only weekend I have off for months to do this and I now can't play. Furthermore, any online games to accumulate any FUT Champions Points until I use the token I have.

EA - What the hell are you doing!?!?!

If this was your first weekend league then you’re not missing out on much. Do something else with your free time :D
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    If this is your only weekend off in months, you should be using it better.
  • Not sure I was looking for advice on how to spend my weekend...more a rant about a flawed registration system that doesn't really point out clearly that you need to register/commit the week before.
  • Andybelfast
    11013 posts Has That Special Something
    DaveSaves wrote: »

Or using it how he wants?
  • Blackpoolmonster
    Not sure I was looking for advice on how to spend my weekend...more a rant about a flawed registration system that doesn't really point out clearly that you need to register/commit the week before.

It’s not flawed if the majority of people manage to qualify is it?
    Stop your moaning they won’t change it.
  • El_Nino
    8792 posts League Winner
    Not sure I was looking for advice on how to spend my weekend...more a rant about a flawed registration system that doesn't really point out clearly that you need to register/commit the week before.

Because Donald trump and Brexit both look like amazing decisions 😂 just because the majority deal with it doesn’t mean it’s good.

What possible issue is there to allow people to redeem qualification and start there WL at any time?

• Blackpoolmonster
    El_Nino wrote: »

Because Donald trump and Brexit both look like amazing decisions 😂 just because the majority deal with it doesn’t mean it’s good.

What possible issue is there to allow people to redeem qualification and start there WL at any time?

Not going to argue about it, it’s fine how it is.

• Tof33z
    7042 posts Big Money Move
    Of course it's flawed, it's completely moronic. There's no reason at all you shouldn't be able to register on the Friday or Saturday even. You can register early and choose not to play your games till Sunday if you want, late registration isn't like some way to game the system.

Personally, I think it should open 6pm Thurs night (same end time) with registration up to noon Saturday or possibly any time, even.
  • Knowlesdinho
    15132 posts World Class

Disagree.

It should auto register you and if you don't play any games then it goes over into the next week etc

Not that I play anymore, but I agree with this.
  • Carson_92
    438 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Totally agree
  • El_Nino wrote: »

Glad it works for you. Also now that I know the process I won't get caught out however my comment and associated frustration about how this isn't apparent and also doesn't allow you to accumulate qualification points until you redeem the token still stands. Plus it is ridiculously restrictive and limiting.

It's clear from most people's comments so far that the system is flawed and could easily be fixed/resolved.
  • Tof33z

Disagree.

It should auto register you and if you don't play any games then it goes over into the next week etc

Yep, good shout actually
  • WFCBagnall
    91100 posts Moderator

Didn't you get a notification on your phone from the companion app?
  • WFCBagnall wrote: »

Unfortunately I've tried registering several times on the app but it never works or at least cannot link my xBox account to it.
  • Arron xox
    4013 posts National Call-Up
    End of the day you have had long enough to use qualify your self either through the console or the companion app you can't blame EA. The companion app even sends you a message to tell you to qualify
  • Arron xox wrote: »
    End of the day you have had long enough to use qualify your self either through the console or the companion app you can't blame EA. The companion app even sends you a message to tell you to qualify

As mentioned, I've tried on several different occasions to register my team/account on the companion app and have even e-mailed EA to notify them - no reply.

I had my qualification token on Tuesday so it's absolutely nothing to do with having enough time. It's about a poor system that doesn't make you aware and also limits access because if you don't commit in advance you can't participate and then effectively penalises you as can't accumulate FUT champions points until you do.
  • Antparry92
    20569 posts Club Captain

You seem to be becoming more and more nonchalant with EA’s wrongdoings or areas they could improve. Every thread I see you in lately you seem to say the same thing. Stop moaning they won’t change it....

Aye, let’s just completely ignore any type of ‘negative’ feedback so we get the same game regurgitated at us year on year
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    I can understand if you forget to qualify from week to week, but you've never done it before and only just got to 2000 points, it does say quite clearly on the console that you need to register.
  • Tof33z
    edited January 2019
    I can understand if you forget to qualify from week to week, but you've never done it before and only just got to 2000 points, it does say quite clearly on the console that you need to register.

Fair enough but the system is still needlessly dumb. Apart from any thing else, stuff changes for people at short notice. You can think you're free to play a certain weekend then something comes up and you can't. Or think you can't play, then you can.

The current rule adds nothing to anyone, it's not necessary
  • DaveSaves wrote: »

It doesn't actually say anything about registering the week before until you click on FUT Champions and then click on the qualification option and is misleading as it has a countdown on when it's next active. So unless you know (which I do now) you assume that you play when you have a qualification token and it's active.

In any case, as mentioned by many, the system is flawed as it doesn't provide any flexibility.
  • Mic2904
    2577 posts Fans' Favourite
    While I may agree that the system isn't perfect, it still is clear as daylight! You have register until 7am Friday morning in order to play the WL. EA is giving every user the option to register or to leave it, so some are saying that giving you an option is flawed? Is there anything EA can do right in your eyes?

Also, you receive reminders on consoles AND web app, so there is really no reason not to miss it, unless it is your first time you want to play.
  • Mic2904 wrote: »
    While I may agree that the system isn't perfect, it still is clear as daylight! You have register until 7am Friday morning in order to play the WL. EA is giving every user the option to register or to leave it, so some are saying that giving you an option is flawed? Is there anything EA can do right in your eyes?

Also, you receive reminders on consoles AND web app, so there is really no reason not to miss it, unless it is your first time you want to play.

If the app doesn't work for you and I certainly haven't seen any reminders that you have to register by a certain date/time. In fact I'm looking at my console now and it's very clear when the next FUT Champions weekend is but nothing about registration.

Also, the fact we all purchase the game and most still play demonstrates EA do a heck of a lot right. However, if you don't flag the things that aren't working then how can you expect them to improve...or do you just throw controllers against walls in frustration ;)
  • RBailss
    14651 posts Has That Special Something
    I still feel you should be able to qualify anytime throughout the weekend.
  • tauras
    3951 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 2019
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

That's the only reason I remember other than that I forget every time.
  • Alex_cr
    5936 posts Big Money Move

Disagree.

I mean it’s just impossible to argue against this idea. It can’t go wrong.
  • Mic2904
    2577 posts Fans' Favourite
    Alex_cr wrote: »

Disagree.

It can. What if I cannot play the games at a certain weekend. I lose my Qualification token for a weekend I cant play and have to qualify again. Unless, there is an option to subscribe to 'Auto registration'.

• Ulook92
    21433 posts Club Captain

• Alex_cr
    5936 posts Big Money Move
    Mic2904 wrote: »
    Alex_cr wrote: »

Disagree.

It can. What if I cannot play the games at a certain weekend. I lose my Qualification token for a weekend I cant play and have to qualify again. Unless, there is an option to subscribe to 'Auto registration'.

Read his idea again. If you don’t play any games you just remain registered. It’s flawless.