Won't be playing WL/online often

Boomba
837 posts Semi-Pro
edited January 24
After the recent patch, gameplay is absolutely arse. I liked the idea of timed finesse being nerfed but after it was implemented, it's not as fun and enjoyable as I thought. I play the game to have fun, not because I want the game to be overly realistic. I've played about 8 games yesterday/this morning and only scored about 7 goals. I enjoyed outscoring each other, not having 30% possession against frequent WL players and icon filled teams. Tackle, win the ball and manage to lose it because Cruyff and Eusebio are fast.

Comments

• Forca-Barca
    3014 posts National Call-Up
    See ya 👋 next fifa bud good luck
  • SuperJames9005
    1381 posts Play-Off Hero
    It would be much better to have score like 2 to 1 or 3 to 2 in 12 mins rather than all those bs 8:7 you can see in the WL Channel
  • Boomba
    837 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 25
    It would be much better to have score like 2 to 1 or 3 to 2 in 12 mins rather than all those bs 8:7 you can see in the WL Channel

It really isn't. The fun part was outscoring each other and whoever had the better players had better chances of winning. Now it's just games where you need to have 60+ possession to even get a goal.

Plus AI defending is still overpowered which makes it even more hard to get a shot on.
  • Kenpachi_FIFA
    494 posts Sunday League Hero
    Damn if you do. Damn if you don't. EA just can't win.
  • Mdx
    2691 posts Fans' Favourite
    Boomba wrote: »
    After the recent patch, gameplay is absolutely arse. I liked the idea of timed finesse being nerfed but after it was implemented, it's not as fun and enjoyable as I thought. I play the game to have fun, not because I want the game to be overly realistic. I've played about 8 games yesterday/this morning and only scored about 7 goals. I enjoyed outscoring each other, not having 30% possession against frequent WL players and icon filled teams. Tackle, win the ball and manage to lose it because Cruyff and Eusebio are fast.

Problem now is the only way to score is in the box and once u get past the parked bus. The keeper is 9/10 times saving your shot no matter how good you hit it.
  • Boomba
    837 posts Semi-Pro
    Mdx wrote: »

Problem now is the only way to score is in the box and once u get past the parked bus. The keeper is 9/10 times saving your shot no matter how good you hit it.

Timed finessing would probably be used less if the error chance of a normal should wasn't so high and goalkeepers didn't save every 1v1.

• Janscharie
    284 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 25
    For the non-tf abusers nothing has changed. So, good luck to you.
  • Metab0lic
    379 posts Sunday League Hero
    I literally had no idea there were this many PC users
  • ScorePlayer
    203 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Must feel bad when the finesse abuse won’t work anymore and it actually takes some skill to score.

Well it wasn’t fun for your opponent before when you scored those 7 undeserved finesse goals in a match, making even better players lose. I don’t find a ”fun” game fun where it’s just a competition of who scores more finesse goals with no actual skill measured.
  • Thank GOD that this **** is nerfed. I hope those abusers feel the same pain we felt when we played against those one-dimensional teams.

MAKE FIFA GREAT AGAIN!!
  • Gainzy
    1042 posts Professional
    Must feel bad when the finesse abuse won’t work anymore and it actually takes some skill to score.

Well it wasn’t fun for your opponent before when you scored those 7 undeserved finesse goals in a match, making even better players lose. I don’t find a ”fun” game fun where it’s just a competition of who scores more finesse goals with no actual skill measured.

I really don’t understand the pure vitriolic nonsense spouted by you. I got hammered yesterday by people with a similar view yesterday for suggesting this would happen, and that changing the meta of a game mid cycle isn’t very fair on people that have spent money and invested time to build teams to fit the current meta.

Timed finesse is horrible. But it’s a necessary evil, as the OP here has highlighted. This is because the AI defending is too over powered, especially once you start using the higher tier defenders. They leave no gaps to get in the box so with the right custom tactics you can’t get into a scoring position.

Watch ANY pro game. These are the best players that play this game. How do you think 80% of the goals are currently scored in these matches? Why do you think that is? Is it due to a lack of skills?!! Or is it because THERE IS NO OTHER WAY.

I literally have no understanding as to why anyone would deliberately put themselves at a disadvantage by not using the only thing that you can score with, and then get salty when they lose game after game to the method they refuse to use.

It’s like Lewis Hamilton saying he’d rather race a 3 wheeled Robin Reliant next season because he doesn’t like cars with 4 wheels, and then complains about how overpowered and annoying losing to 4 wheeled cars is.
  • Boomba
    837 posts Semi-Pro
    Lmfao. Figured out a way to score timed finesses, not patch after all by the looks of it. Just had to get familiar with my team. :)
  • ScorePlayer
    edited January 25
    Gainzy wrote: »

I really don’t understand the pure vitriolic nonsense spouted by you. I got hammered yesterday by people with a similar view yesterday for suggesting this would happen, and that changing the meta of a game mid cycle isn’t very fair on people that have spent money and invested time to build teams to fit the current meta.

Timed finesse is horrible. But it’s a necessary evil, as the OP here has highlighted. This is because the AI defending is too over powered, especially once you start using the higher tier defenders. They leave no gaps to get in the box so with the right custom tactics you can’t get into a scoring position.

Watch ANY pro game. These are the best players that play this game. How do you think 80% of the goals are currently scored in these matches? Why do you think that is? Is it due to a lack of skills?!! Or is it because THERE IS NO OTHER WAY.

I literally have no understanding as to why anyone would deliberately put themselves at a disadvantage by not using the only thing that you can score with, and then get salty when they lose game after game to the method they refuse to use.

It’s like Lewis Hamilton saying he’d rather race a 3 wheeled Robin Reliant next season because he doesn’t like cars with 4 wheels, and then complains about how overpowered and annoying losing to 4 wheeled cars is.

I never said I’m against toning down AI defending. I never said I’m against punishing pressure abuse. I was just and only referring to the OP mentioning he ”doesn’t prefer a realistic game” and thinks (timed) finesse was adding more fun to the game. On top of that he also mentiones to someone else that having scores type of 8-7 is better than scores type of 3-2.

There was this one patch where pressure abuse was nerfed by fitnesse penalty and manual tackles were made more effective. This is what I prefer to see more for example. So don’t just assume I support having AI defending when I’m happy when the most obvious game breaker is being nerfed at this time.

Also your example about the cars is as broken as the finesse. If there was a way to score from your own half with some broken mechanism you could defend it with the same car example.

And to finish, if someone seriously built his whole team around finessing, then that’s just sad IMO.
  • Bbkyle
    48 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Lmfao. Figured out a way to score timed finesses, not patch after all by the looks of it. Just had to get familiar with my team. :)

not stopping after all then now you can skank the odd win from people better than you. pity, one less abuser would of been good. but you got you 5 mins of attention on the forum so well done big man.
  • ScorePlayer

Haha, yea we believe you. How stupid it would be to learn to score properly, gotta just find a way to abuse the game with 0 patience, GG.
  • gutman22
    681 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If they tuned the AI like Fifa 18 it would fine for me but now I feel like the OP. It is so stressing right now.
  • Monsta
    1811 posts Play-Off Hero
    All the people saying the trying to defend timed finesses getting removed ect. you can't fix something by removing whatever may the most OP thing at that time. Until the AI defending is toned down it's just going jumping from what is the most effective.
  • Boomba
    837 posts Semi-Pro
    Bbkyle wrote: »

not stopping after all then now you can skank the odd win from people better than you. pity, one less abuser would of been good. but you got you 5 mins of attention on the forum so well done big man.

Woah relax, what's with the saltyness?

Haha, yea we believe you. How stupid it would be to learn to score properly, gotta just find a way to abuse the game with 0 patience, GG.

It's not abusing anything. It was made to be that way. You're pointing out 99% of the playerbase that used timed finessing, most likely including you.

The next thing people are going to abuse is Ibrahimovic and constant headers. Going to flame them too?
    Monsta wrote: »
    All the people saying the trying to defend timed finesses getting removed ect. you can't fix something by removing whatever may the most OP thing at that time. Until the AI defending is toned down it's just going jumping from what is the most effective.

Just played a game, opponent was a full icon team with TOTY Mbappe and he didn't let go of Petit the whole game when defending. Absolutely ridiculous.

• Mrhey31
    1268 posts Professional
    Damn if you do. Damn if you don't. EA just can't win.

Sure they can.. just make a game and dont fix a thing just let the game be. So sick of Every patch trying to learn how to play the game. And when we finally know how to play they change something new .
  • Ch1cha
    2206 posts Fans' Favourite
    Imagine having to go through all of that and on top of it you play players constantly abusing a broken mechanic and keep scoring from distance. I am really glad EA nerfed it because this game got so frustrating because of it.