People who are happy with the timed finesse nerf

Comments

  • RadioShaq
    14620 posts Moderator
    It’s always strange you think everyone wants something till it’s changed. Must be hard to balance the game.
  • Mdx
    2691 posts Fans' Favourite
    Is it me or have ea created more lag to deal with timed finishing?
    So now it takes longer to get a shot off?
    Longer to receive the ball etc
    But nerfed the pressure ever so slighty.


  • SPAMPEBS
    3882 posts National Call-Up
    Fine by me..... Fed up of rage quitting after 20 mins because I've conceded 3 absolutely ridiculous 25 yard finesse shots from inform Ben yedder.
  • Boomba
    832 posts Semi-Pro
    Bbkyle wrote: »
    Boomba wrote: »
    Such boring gameplay now lmfao. Set your players to drop back, 2/2 depth/width and they won't be able to score.

    5 games today, 4 goals.

    how about you set your team to balanced and see how good you are. instead of abusing every little thing you can, patch cuts out the thing you abuse. already abusing something else. its not the game play thats boring its people like you that are.

    My tactics are set high with possession/fast build up. Two mid fielders set to go forward and one back. I'm just using that as an example from what I've seen today out of my five games.

    Those tactics are literally all you're going to come across now because timed finesse is gone.
  • Psyke
    91 posts Park Captain
    The nerf is for everyone, now people may actually try to create space instead of just joking around your area waiting for a stupid finesse shot. I agree that the AI Def still need a nerf.

    But if you have curiosity of check the "pro" players videos you will see that the number one in the world is a kid that 90% of his goals is because of that pathetic mechanic. The best part is him celebrating those goals like he somehow scored a Ronaldo's bicycle kick.
  • JamesH
    423 posts Sunday League Hero
    Am I the only one who enjoys pinning the opponent back. Drop back or not I like to press high and make them play deep. Most of the time they can't get out there half. I still get into the box to score don't get why people are losing their **** over it.
  • Glupi86
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Psyke wrote: »
    The nerf is for everyone, now people may actually try to create space instead of just joking around your area waiting for a stupid finesse shot. I agree that the AI Def still need a nerf.

    But if you have curiosity of check the "pro" players videos you will see that the number one in the world is a kid that 90% of his goals is because of that pathetic mechanic. The best part is him celebrating those goals like he somehow scored a Ronaldo's bicycle kick.

    :D :D :D :D :D
    long ball to the wingers and crossing during 90m u said?
  • Liamooo
    825 posts Semi-Pro
    Boomba wrote: »
    Such boring gameplay now lmfao. Set your players to drop back, 2/2 depth/width and they won't be able to score.

    5 games today, 4 goals.

    Who in their right mind would play that tactics 😂😂

  • bucs0576
    2117 posts Fans' Favourite
    This patch will not last long. Either they will reverse it without letting us know (the ai defending after last patch) or they will just make it op again with a patch.
  • Psyke
    91 posts Park Captain
    Glupi86 wrote: »
    Psyke wrote: »
    The nerf is for everyone, now people may actually try to create space instead of just joking around your area waiting for a stupid finesse shot. I agree that the AI Def still need a nerf.

    But if you have curiosity of check the "pro" players videos you will see that the number one in the world is a kid that 90% of his goals is because of that pathetic mechanic. The best part is him celebrating those goals like he somehow scored a Ronaldo's bicycle kick.

    :D :D :D :D :D
    long ball to the wingers and crossing during 90m u said?

    It's amazing how almost everyone on this forum randomly assumes others players gameplay just to validate personal opinion.

    Let's have those Bronze players scoring from every green shot. This is way more realistic.
  • ShadowofEnigma
    204 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'm happy as can be with it.
    I am glad they nerfed it. So many people just used finesse as a crutch and it's the only way they could score goals. It's incredibly obvious to me since the patch went live, when I'm playing against someone who previously abused the mechanics and can't anymore, vs someone who wasn't using it all the time before.

    I never used it, and now I'm not at a disadvantage because I don't want to abuse the game mechanics. It was in the game, I dealt with it. Now its not, I'll deal with it.
  • SPN1987
    1591 posts Play-Off Hero
    Let them properly fix one thing at a time though. I just don't want to see a first time finesse shot with your back to the goal being promoted to a goal ever again. It is just too mind-numbing. I don't give a **** if you hit in the green. :s
  • Ch1cha
    2206 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm happy as can be with it.
    I am glad they nerfed it. So many people just used finesse as a crutch and it's the only way they could score goals. It's incredibly obvious to me since the patch went live, when I'm playing against someone who previously abused the mechanics and can't anymore, vs someone who wasn't using it all the time before.

    I never used it, and now I'm not at a disadvantage because I don't want to abuse the game mechanics. It was in the game, I dealt with it. Now its not, I'll deal with it.

    Same. I know how it works and used it from time to time but never relied on it. It was more of an out for me as I always try to go through a defence. However, it really bothered me playing people who aren't really good at Fifa just spamming balls and scoring so easily. Especially because my goalkeeper felt so useless in those games
  • FCBlunt
    1667 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 24
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    It’s always strange you think everyone wants something till it’s changed. Must be hard to balance the game.

    No, this is what people want, a lot of them just cant understand that nerf doesnt mean remove. The ones you see complaining are those who use it daily. They say stuff like “everyone will play ptb” as if everyone wasnt already doing that. They will say “It will affect your game too, wait and see” not realising we play through parked busses everyday because we never learned to TF, because it affected our gameplay to begin with.

    Its a loud minority screaming bloody murder that their only way of winning have been removed.

    I say to you guys, welcome to our game because its time to git gud like we had to, to stop your tf bs.
  • GreezyWeezyLDN
    1323 posts Professional
    The people upset at timed finesses are the AI defense gang.

    I manually defend a hardly ever conceded them.

    Look at striker
    Look at angle
    Put defender in way

    It really is that simple. Just select a defender, don't be scared, it's ok.
  • Tooner9
    399 posts Sunday League Hero
    Gainzy wrote: »
    It’s another blatant money grab by EA. Everyone has invested their coins by now into fitting the timed finesse meta. Now everyone has to buy new players that will fit the new meta.

    They could have executed this patch in week 2. Instead they’ve sat on it until people have invested all their FP and coins into untradeable cards that will be rendered useless next week.

    Well I'm glad, those that don't pay to win will be anyway, that's exactly why it needed changed cos ppl like you then actually set up everything around abusing the unrealistic shots which is a little sad for a football game
  • FCBlunt
    1667 posts Play-Off Hero
    The people upset at timed finesses are the AI defense gang.

    I manually defend a hardly ever conceded them.

    Look at striker
    Look at angle
    Put defender in way

    It really is that simple. Just select a defender, don't be scared, it's ok.

    The people who are upset about the nerf are people who ptb ai defend and spam dragbacks outside the box until the game rewards them an opnening.

    Its bs mate, you cant cut the community in half to favor your argument because you want to. I manually defend and I defend it easy too, but that doesnt mean I dont want it nerfed? It faulty, its broken and it needs fixing which it got. Lol

    How hard is it to understand its a nerf and not a removal of your only scoring opportunity?
  • Antiseen
    1218 posts Professional
    The people upset at timed finesses are the AI defense gang.

    I manually defend a hardly ever conceded them.

    Look at striker
    Look at angle
    Put defender in way

    It really is that simple. Just select a defender, don't be scared, it's ok.

    Agree. If you kept conceding a lot of finesse shots after 4 month of gsmeplay, you are probably noob or ai defender.

    Defending manually and moving keeper was an easy deal with finesse shots abusers.
  • Tooner9
    399 posts Sunday League Hero
    lolowalsh wrote: »
    DadBod wrote: »
    It is okay.. this is fifa, not tekken. Hit green and auto-goal? Nerf that crap.

    Green never meant auto goal 100% , you still had to put in the right power and aim... I had so many greens before patch go wide or hit the post.

    Haha give over, watch the footy every weekend, when do u see any of those goals go in, get real
  • Tooner9
    399 posts Sunday League Hero
    AFC_95 wrote: »
    Bbkyle wrote: »
    AFC_95 wrote: »
    Bbkyle wrote: »
    lolowalsh wrote: »
    What do you mean by 'late timed finishing'?

    I though they nerfed the size of the green bar when using timed finishing or something. There's no bar whatsoever with regular finesse shots.

    late timed finesse shots means as if you take a shoot without time finishing. the nerf for finesse shots also impacts the one who didn't use timed finishing because they went after regular finesse shots as well not just the timed ones.

    good. try some build up play etc instead of just curling from outside the box every time, you dont see one 6 times a game in real football you shouldn't on this game

    Not good while AI defending hasn't been nerfed!

    its not hard to do a 1 - 2 round an AI defender, it really isnt.

    1-2 round an AI defender when the opponent is playing drop back with nine men in the box??

    But the thing is that is realistic wether admit it or not, city and Liverpool come up against that every single week
  • Mdx
    2691 posts Fans' Favourite
    Tooner9 wrote: »
    lolowalsh wrote: »
    DadBod wrote: »
    It is okay.. this is fifa, not tekken. Hit green and auto-goal? Nerf that crap.

    Green never meant auto goal 100% , you still had to put in the right power and aim... I had so many greens before patch go wide or hit the post.

    Haha give over, watch the footy every weekend, when do u see any of those goals go in, get real

    Its a video game, you want real life go out, kick a ball.
  • GreezyWeezyLDN
    1323 posts Professional
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    The people upset at timed finesses are the AI defense gang.

    I manually defend a hardly ever conceded them.

    Look at striker
    Look at angle
    Put defender in way

    It really is that simple. Just select a defender, don't be scared, it's ok.

    The people who are upset about the nerf are people who ptb ai defend and spam dragbacks outside the box until the game rewards them an opnening.

    Its bs mate, you cant cut the community in half to favor your argument because you want to. I manually defend and I defend it easy too, but that doesnt mean I dont want it nerfed? It faulty, its broken and it needs fixing which it got. Lol

    How hard is it to understand its a nerf and not a removal of your only scoring opportunity?

    I agree that it is a too effective and needed to be nerfed. But the patch plays in to the hands of the 2 depth 2 width and never select a defender type player.

    It's so negative and boring

    I would be all for it being nerfed IF they were also nerfing AI defence
  • FCBlunt
    1667 posts Play-Off Hero
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    The people upset at timed finesses are the AI defense gang.

    I manually defend a hardly ever conceded them.

    Look at striker
    Look at angle
    Put defender in way

    It really is that simple. Just select a defender, don't be scared, it's ok.

    The people who are upset about the nerf are people who ptb ai defend and spam dragbacks outside the box until the game rewards them an opnening.

    Its bs mate, you cant cut the community in half to favor your argument because you want to. I manually defend and I defend it easy too, but that doesnt mean I dont want it nerfed? It faulty, its broken and it needs fixing which it got. Lol

    How hard is it to understand its a nerf and not a removal of your only scoring opportunity?

    I agree that it is a too effective and needed to be nerfed. But the patch plays in to the hands of the 2 depth 2 width and never select a defender type player.

    It's so negative and boring

    I would be all for it being nerfed IF they were also nerfing AI defence

    I see it as a golden opportunity for ai to actually be nerfed. Imagine all the casuals on tuesday, its going to be hell in here. Lol

    I actually think we agree a lot, we just think of it in different ways. Have a good one, mate.
  • bucs0576
    2117 posts Fans' Favourite
    Tooner9 wrote: »
    AFC_95 wrote: »
    Bbkyle wrote: »
    AFC_95 wrote: »
    Bbkyle wrote: »
    lolowalsh wrote: »
    What do you mean by 'late timed finishing'?

    I though they nerfed the size of the green bar when using timed finishing or something. There's no bar whatsoever with regular finesse shots.

    late timed finesse shots means as if you take a shoot without time finishing. the nerf for finesse shots also impacts the one who didn't use timed finishing because they went after regular finesse shots as well not just the timed ones.

    good. try some build up play etc instead of just curling from outside the box every time, you dont see one 6 times a game in real football you shouldn't on this game

    Not good while AI defending hasn't been nerfed!

    its not hard to do a 1 - 2 round an AI defender, it really isnt.

    1-2 round an AI defender when the opponent is playing drop back with nine men in the box??

    But the thing is that is realistic wether admit it or not, city and Liverpool come up against that every single week

    Difference being the teams they play don't get a boost from ea because they suck...
  • Tooner9
    399 posts Sunday League Hero
    Mdx wrote: »
    Is it me or have ea created more lag to deal with timed finishing?
    So now it takes longer to get a shot off?
    Longer to receive the ball etc
    But nerfed the pressure ever so slighty.


    That for me has been like that for nearly a week now, even b4 patch, my internet is running 57mps and upload speed of 9.52 so nothing to do with that, even on the skill games its unresponsive
  • SPN1987
    1591 posts Play-Off Hero
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    It’s always strange you think everyone wants something till it’s changed. Must be hard to balance the game.

    The problem is EA shouldn't listen to ppl having very little knowledge about gameplay mechanics. Those are the ones being blinded by any new fancy cards appearing on the market. They should listen to experienced FIFA players / pro's who actually know what they are talking about. Hold a survery among them on how to improve gameplay. Instead of listening to casuals. They actually ruin the game. I'd love to be **** at the game which has an actual skill gap. I would be so eager to improve. Nowadays I feel like the only way to get better results is to abuse mechanics even more, which I hate. I get no enjoyment / satisfaction out of scoring random crosses and timed finesses non-stop. I actually want to break people down continuously. I really don't think skill can be measured by more wins this FIFA. It may sound weird, but you can lose a match 4,5-0 this FIFA while being more skilled than your opponent. Which doesn't make sense. :(
  • Mini_Miudo
    9747 posts League Winner
    God, people who complain about AI defending just show all they've been doing is spam timed finishing from 7 miles away. It's strong, but really not as strong as it has been in the past, not nearly as impossible to score as you make it out to be. I very rarely score less than 2 goals and guess what:

    - I don't use timed finishing
    - Most of my goals are inside the box after beating the defensive line.
    - I'm in division 1 at 2500+ skill rating and I get Elite without using this stupid feature (I refuse to use it no matter how good it is)

    If you can't break down defenders, too bad, learn to do it. Shouldn't be able to just spam finesses and end up winning.
  • bucs0576
    2117 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    God, people who complain about AI defending just show all they've been doing is spam timed finishing from 7 miles away. It's strong, but really not as strong as it has been in the past, not nearly as impossible to score as you make it out to be. I very rarely score less than 2 goals and guess what:

    - I don't use timed finishing
    - Most of my goals are inside the box after beating the defensive line.
    - I'm in division 1 at 2500+ skill rating and I get Elite without using this stupid feature (I refuse to use it no matter how good it is)

    If you can't break down defenders, too bad, learn to do it. Shouldn't be able to just spam finesses and end up winning.

    Agreed. Dribbling is very important but you need clean, responsive gameplay which is a crap shoot at this point.
  • Mini_Miudo
    9747 posts League Winner
    bucs0576 wrote: »
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    God, people who complain about AI defending just show all they've been doing is spam timed finishing from 7 miles away. It's strong, but really not as strong as it has been in the past, not nearly as impossible to score as you make it out to be. I very rarely score less than 2 goals and guess what:

    - I don't use timed finishing
    - Most of my goals are inside the box after beating the defensive line.
    - I'm in division 1 at 2500+ skill rating and I get Elite without using this stupid feature (I refuse to use it no matter how good it is)

    If you can't break down defenders, too bad, learn to do it. Shouldn't be able to just spam finesses and end up winning.

    Agreed. Dribbling is very important but you need clean, responsive gameplay which is a crap shoot at this point.

    Well, that's a different matter... EA and good servers don't go together very well. lol
Sign In or Register to comment.