PITCH NOTES - FIFA 19 PATCH NOTES #7

Comments

• MrReal
    65 posts Park Captain
    edited January 23
    Dear Andy

Could you please elaborate and shed some light on these questions? They are not necessarily specific to the current patch, but would be greatly appreciated if you could answer them. The community would really like some clarity.
    1. Strikers can be converted to defensive midfielders while still maintaining 9 or 10 chemistry; which in real life is less common than wingers switching wings. So my question would be; why is it that left wingers can't be converted to right wingers, while maintaining full chemistry? *
    2. In the user interface, would EA be able to add sorting options for specifics cards? (ie. rare, UCL, OTW, et cetera)?**
    3. The World-Cup mode had a great option that could let us send untradeable duplicates to a storage place, why isn't this implemented in this game? Right now the only reason I can think of as to why it isn't added, is, so that players HAVE to discard them and eventually visit the transfermarkt / store again?
    4. Would it be able to add an button to add 11 individual condition cards at once? 11 cards would be applied and removed with one-button, which is very much more user friendly than having one player add them one by one. You'd still have the squad fitness cards in the game to fill up packs with.

*While I understand that a new TOTW or a promo (futmas, otw, ...) can hype players up to buy packs if there are players with switched positions (ie. Mbappe from RW to ST). That shouldn't be the reason those potential (LW to RW) position cards shouldn't be added, that would mean "profit > gameplay/fun".

**I know you guys are paying attention to User Interface design, because the integration of visiting the transfermarkt with L2 during an SBC this year has been great. As well with the sorting options. But I feel there can be done even more with it, like L2 also sending u to the transfermarkt when you are just working on your squad.

Thank you
  • UoD
    410 posts Sunday League Hero
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Ravzi008 wrote: »
    So will there be any additional faces on further updates?

If there are any more faces that we add into the game we'll let you know. I don't have any info about potential faces at the moment.
    Ok but these are patch notes, can we please have separate pitch notes that address queries from the community? Maybe two to address first would be composure and work rates, cheers.

We're working on more pitch notes for various different aspects of FIFA.
    Jezzaaa wrote: »
    Why hasn’t the consumables bug been fixed yet? The bug where u can’t apply any consumable at times until u back out of FUT and log back in again.
    Jeez

Understand this one is frustrating, it's been reported by a few different people. I'll follow up on this one but I believe that it's been difficult to reproduce which may delay any fix.
    I dont see anything in relation to players switching postions randomly. Has that been fixed?

Not yet - still being worked on.
    UoD wrote: »
    All I want to know is if AI defending has been nerfed and manual defending buffed!

If there were any changes to defending they'd have been in the patch notes.
    Hi @EA_Andy
    First of all, thank you for giving attention to Career Mode.

But I was wondering if your team is aware of the bug of changing teams to other leagues in carreer mode, for making my favorite teams grow or using "Rest of the world" ones in Carreer mode.

It was something I really enjoyed to do, but now if I do it, when I qualify to Europa/Champions League, the cup breaks, it doesnt let you play the cups and if you go to the "positions" screen the game crashes and closes. (I'm a PC player)

Please tell me if EA plans to arrange this bug...My carreer mode runs are not as enjoyable as at previous versions of fifa.

Not sure but I'll mention it to the QA team to make sure it's being tracked.

@EA_Andy, I know, maybe it isn't important, but please tell me. Maybe You have knowledge about GK gloves update, (like for boots) and GK kits for some teams from lower english league? I hope, You can answer me.

I don't have any info about when certain things like boots and gloves may be updated.

Thanks, from this we can gather that despite the millions FUT generates, EA are not willing to dedicate the resources needed to address the obviously needed patches this game needs in a timely fashion.

Simply not good enough. The Fifa forums simply shouldn’t contain this much disdain for a game we’ve come to love over the years.
  • Pooter
    1068 posts Professional
    A bug is "difficult to reproduce", wow!!!! Don't believe that, because its always easy to reproduce at my end
  • Pooter
    1068 posts Professional
    Can you also fix the problem when two players get injured in one match please EA, this is pure insulting now
  • Pooter
    1068 posts Professional
    Can you fix bug when the players are not even making an effort to do anything, players get "tired" Shows how messed the game is, players get tired for doing nothing, unbelievable, and they want to create "realism"
  • Pooter
    1068 posts Professional
    Can you also get the update to have no celebrations or replays when playing online. It's boring
  • Pooter
    1068 posts Professional
    I guess you lot haven't fixed any lag issues. Because I played a person who was lagging badly.

Please EA, do not issue any false promise of fixes when it hasn't gone away. Disgraceful
  • Pooter
    1068 posts Professional
    I was caught 20 times offside, even though now I am playing squad battles on semi pro because it seems EA does't like me playing on PRO and WC, can EA fix this, because its seriously doing my head in
  • EA_Andy
    2589 posts EA Community Manager
    Skinner249 wrote: »
    Do CAMs still need to position themselves as LB/LCB on pro clubs to avoid a 2.4 rating??

There's still an issue with the CAM position in Pro Clubs where the game will give you a task of playing in a different position. We are still working on it but I don't have a time frame just yet.
    Argentus wrote: »
    Hi Andy, it has been mentioned how the consumables bug occurs, after going to transfer list and relisting all items, once you go back to play a game you cannot apply contracts, fitness, etc.

Yup - I've had a good few details about how it happens. The problem with this one is it doesn't happen to everyone and that makes it harder for the QA teams to reproduce. I
    MrReal wrote: »
    Dear Andy

Could you please elaborate and shed some light on these questions? They are not necessarily specific to the current patch, but would be greatly appreciated if you could answer them. The community would really like some clarity.
    1. Strikers can be converted to defensive midfielders while still maintaining 9 or 10 chemistry; which in real life is less common than wingers switching wings. So my question would be; why is it that left wingers can't be converted to right wingers, while maintaining full chemistry? *
    2. In the user interface, would EA be able to add sorting options for specifics cards? (ie. rare, UCL, OTW, et cetera)?**
    3. The World-Cup mode had a great option that could let us send untradeable duplicates to a storage place, why isn't this implemented in this game? Right now the only reason I can think of as to why it isn't added, is, so that players HAVE to discard them and eventually visit the transfermarkt / store again?
    4. Would it be able to add an button to add 11 individual condition cards at once? 11 cards would be applied and removed with one-button, which is very much more user friendly than having one player add them one by one. You'd still have the squad fitness cards in the game to fill up packs with.

Thank you

Appreciate the feedback. Not really something I can shed any light on because I don't know if these changes are something that are easily implemented or not and whether there are plans to look at this stuff but I'll add this to the ongoing feedback list we have.
    Pooter wrote: »
    A bug is "difficult to reproduce", wow!!!! Don't believe that, because its always easy to reproduce at my end

Just because it always happens to you doesn't mean it always happens to everyone. Sometimes the ones that look "easy to fix" don't always work out that way.
    Can you also fix the problem when two players get injured in one match please EA, this is pure insulting now

How often is this actually happening to you? Which mode are you in?

I'm mostly a FUT player and very rarely get injuries let alone 2 in one match, so perhaps this is in a different mode?
  • Alemas_2012
    14072 posts Has That Special Something
    Finally, some nerfing. Took you long enough.
    Still waiting on that fix for SB squad custom tactics, though...
    I guess it's really low down in the priority list. :D

*COUGH*
  • drmr92
    40 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I asked about the camera settings problem where changing height and zoom has little or no effect. Can you answer are you doing something about this problem?
  • drmr92
    I also posted some screenshots about this problem over a month ago, did you look that?
  • drmr92
    And have you thought of making three sets of kits (or at least two) for the goalkeepers in order not to have the same kits as outfield players. and also different shorts and socks for the outfield players when your team has the same colours as the opposition? Thank you.
  • Pooter
    1068 posts Professional

Just because it always happens to you doesn't mean it always happens to everyone. Sometimes the ones that look "easy to fix" don't always work out that way.

I'm mostly a FUT player and very rarely get injuries let alone 2 in one match, so perhaps this is in a different mode?

1/ perhaps its because EA coders are next to their servers that they can’t create the same scenario as I am and a few others are

2/ on the question of injuries i had a player tested from a previous injury played him because another player had gotten injured, then that player plus another player had gotten injured in the same match when playing squad battles. Perhaps you’re not playing that much to get players injured, hope that answers your question
  • Pooter
    1068 posts Professional

*COUGH*
    You have to pay fifa points that will cure you of the cough
  • Alemas_2012

*COUGH*

EA, bringing the American healthcare system worldwide!
  • EA_Andy
    drmr92 wrote: »
    I asked about the camera settings problem where changing height and zoom has little or no effect. Can you answer are you doing something about this problem?

Can you DM me the details or links so I can take a look?

*COUGH*

Saw this but no further updates. If it's something that's changed it'll be in the patch notes but don't have info as to when that might be.

1/ perhaps its because EA coders are next to their servers that they can’t create the same scenario as I am and a few others are

2/ on the question of injuries i had a player tested from a previous injury played him because another player had gotten injured, then that player plus another player had gotten injured in the same match when playing squad battles. Perhaps you’re not playing that much to get players injured, hope that answers your question

If it happens to you again (consumables bug), please note down the exact time, date and your timezone and DM me those details along with your platform and gamertag.

Cheers.
  • Alemas_2012
    edited January 24
    Really though, how hard can it be to just copy the custom tactics used by the player for the specific squad and paste them directly for SBs?
    Or was it so complicated to implement due to the changes to custom tactics that they just set the default to "Possession/Tiki-Taka" and "No Pressure" for all squads?
    Or is there something I'm missing?
    'cause this delay makes me wonder whether this is a simple bug...
  • Duncan1972
    184 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Really though, how hard can it be to just copy the custom tactics used by the player for the specific squad and paste them directly for SBs?
    Or was it so complicated to implement due to the changes to custom tactics that they just set the default to "Possession/Tiki-Taka" and "No Pressure" for all squads?

It’s not a bug it’s deliberate as it hasn’t always been that way. Squad Battles is set up to AI cheat too, EA know then because it’s by design.

• Duncan1972
    184 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    And please show this video to your devs:

Why on earth was defensive AI not fixed? Final proof that EA do not play the game or they’d realise this patch will make the game worse- that’s from someone who wanted timed finesse nerfed.

Do you guys want balanced gameplay? The game is a mess and you clearly do not listen to your community as everyone knows how OP defensive AI is.

I think all players should now realise that AI defending is by design and EA don’t care about gameplay.

• Alemas_2012
    Part of me wants the barebones FIFA game engine as shown in the Pitch Notes screenshots...
  • EA_Andy

I don't honestly know the full ins and outs of what the potential issue is, what it takes to fix and where it is in terms of priority.

One thing I have learned since working in games is that generally when someone says "It's easy to fix" - it rarely is :)
  • Pooter
    1068 posts Professional

*COUGH*

EA, bringing the American healthcare system worldwide!
    Yeah called capitalism and the American dream apparently
  • drmr92
    The details are like I said in some stadiums when you are changing height and zoom sliders it has an effect and for some stadiums it has no effect. I play Fifa on PC. You play Fifa, you can try that. Here are the screenshots

https://imgur.com/a/TVTbc3r - screenshot 1
    https://imgur.com/a/TVTbc3r - screenshot 2
  • drmr92
    The camera settings on both stadiums are: height 0, zoom 20. On the first screenshot is how it should be(West Ham stadiums) and on the second is not good(Stamford Bridge). This problem has been present in Fifa for the last 4 or 5 years, where you can not adjust the camera setting how you want on every stadium. Please fix this.
  • drmr92
    Here are the screenshots.
    https://imgur.com/GJqLczz - screenshot 1

https://imgur.com/Qcvcmtp - screenshot 2
  • Mzulin3
    12 posts Ball Boy

All I want to know is if AI defending has been nerfed and manual defending buffed!

So essentially you want to be able to play great defense with lower rated players. Then why buy better players if manual control is buffed ?

• UoD
    410 posts Sunday League Hero
    Mzulin3 wrote: »

So essentially you want to be able to play great defense with lower rated players. Then why buy better players if manual control is buffed ?

The key point here is a supposedly good defender with good stats still suffers when manually controlled.

E.g. Rio Ferdinand unstoppable whe controlled by AI, but still suffers from the ball being magnetised to the attacker when manually controlled.

The game isn’t yet at a point where your question makes sense to ask. Please don’t attempt to defend the indefensible.
  • greif44
    2110 posts Fans' Favourite
    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/433060/fifa-title-update-20th-november

It would be great if we could get the AI defending part back from this patch. Maybe 1 of 10 people that I face in game defend manually, others just switch to midfielder and let the AI get the job done.
  • drmr92
    Here are the screenshots.
    https://imgur.com/GJqLczz - screenshot 1

https://imgur.com/Qcvcmtp - screenshot 2