Is it really PTW?

BladesManSUFC
452 posts Sunday League Hero
Firstly I have an absolutely insane team to say I’ve never spent anything on FP at all since FIFA 17.
I went 22-8 this weekend and I can assure you I’ll never get near 30-0 because my first 15 games were horrific to say the least... Nothing would work at all and I felt like I’d hampered myself by having a mega team tbh.
Coming up against teams worth in the region of 100-150k and the players on their team out performing mine.
I got through the first 15 games something like 10-5 but every game was tight and my wins only by the odd goal.
Honestly it felt like I’d never played Fifa before in some of the games it was that bad!
I was ready to just get to 14 and leave it until next weekend until my team became great again... Smashing decent players with strong teams 5-0 and even a 9-1 in their against a player who messaged me after saying he’s gold 1 and couldn’t compete with some of the players on my team they were just too good.

So why can’t my team play like that consistently through a WL?
Because it seems to me like these youtubers and streamers have that perfect gameplay throughout the whole weekend making it really easy to get 30-0.

Here’s my team btw if you were curious:
m96cqv.png

Comments

• FCBlunt
    2479 posts Fans' Favourite
    They only play home games, so they match easier opponents and avoid other pros.

If you meet someone with a worse team than yours, like mine. If I’m a better player, I will still outperform you even if your players are better.

Insane team though, mate.
  • BladesManSUFC
    FCBlunt wrote: »

If you meet someone with a worse team than yours, like mine. If I’m a better player, I will still outperform you even if your players are better.

@FCBlunt
    I get that but what I’m trying to say is that there is streamers now hitting 30-0 with beast teams that wouldn’t stand a chance with an average team.... So why now I have an amazing team am I not seeing any major improvement in my WL results?
    Over the last 2 weeks my team has been improved by 8m worth of players due to insane look last week.
    You would like to think that an improvement as big as that would make a difference
  • FCBlunt
    2479 posts Fans' Favourite

@FCBlunt
    I get that but what I’m trying to say is that there is streamers now hitting 30-0 with beast teams that wouldn’t stand a chance with an average team.... So why now I have an amazing team am I not seeing any major improvement in my WL results?
    Over the last 2 weeks my team has been improved by 8m worth of players due to insane look last week.
    You would like to think that an improvement as big as that would make a difference

Ah, I see.

I dunno then, maybe you havent adapted to the improvements yet, mate. :smile:

It could also be due to delay, if you’re on the bad end. Your team will feel like bronze players, so maybe you’re matching people closer to the servers than you are.
  • Pieman25
    16426 posts World Class
    Maybe they're better than you, post some full length games on the forum and I'm sure people will be more than happy to give feedback on your play.
  • DanValletta
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero
    I get what you are saying. For many it's the same. They will get the same finish regardless of the team. It's funny though because when I feel my connection is great and I'm playing other 6-10mill teams I feel like a god then I will face a 100k sweat team and can't make a pass and the delay is horrid.

So to answer your question I personally think It's all on connection and some other things that may not be spoken of.
  • IAIK7
    3449 posts National Call-Up
    It all depends on the person you're playing. Yes there are others factors involved. However, some players are good regardless of the team they have. And others can have ridiculously expensive teams and play terribly.
  • keronc
    1060 posts Professional
    I have had similar experiences in the WL. I too have a decent team and have not spent any money on FP. I noticed on a few matches last WL that my players just could not make a pass to each other, they would even pass it out for a throw in if there were no oponents they could pass to. Players like Raheem Sterling would body Roy Keane and Pogba off the ball leaving the rolling on the ground, even taking out other defenders in the process.

Then immediately after that in the next game, they are all on matrix level, reading every pass, winning every tackle, completing every pass and making runs that would make Usain Bolt proud.

• BladesManSUFC
    I get what you are saying. For many it's the same. They will get the same finish regardless of the team. It's funny though because when I feel my connection is great and I'm playing other 6-10mill teams I feel like a god then I will face a 100k sweat team and can't make a pass and the delay is horrid.

So to answer your question I personally think It's all on connection and some other things that may not be spoken of.

This is similar to what I feel... When I come up against strong teams then my team will play much better!
    Nothing to do with my opponent at all... Sometimes my opponent doesn’t stand a chance because I’m 3-0 up in 20 mins without him hardly having a touch of the ball... Other times mainly against inferior teams then I’m not able to dominate at all most of the time because my players aren’t capable of making runs into space or TOTY Kante can’t pass to a man 5 yards away
  • GL
    6975 posts Big Money Move
    No it’s P2W
  • Scaenor
    670 posts Semi-Pro

Not really it's 60% players 40% skill atm
  • SPN1987
    2142 posts Fans' Favourite
    Scaenor wrote: »

Not really it's 60% players 40% skill atm

40% skill :D :D :D :D What did you smoke???
  • Renamed123456
    5194 posts Big Money Move
    I don't necessarily think it's p2w.

However I've noticed any icon player plays at a standard ridiculously above other players. Their presence and persistence is constant.

However I beat a player with 3 icons because the force was with me.

I also lost a massive streak in WL because of ridiculous oddities in the gameplay. Such as my player receiving the ball then stop moving. Several in a row (with the ball bouncing off them enough to opposition.)

And goalkeeper diving on a ball static ball and it going into the goal.

Posted vids too.

There was also no lag in the gameplay.
  • Boooomxhakalaca
    27 posts Last Pick at the Park
    That team is dope... U can defo hit 30
  • Hamz
    370 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ey I wouldn't be able to beat your team like just psychologically I'll have that mindset . Just so good so yeah if I see you miss some good opportunities then I'll realise you crap and will have more confidence to beat you
  • Wi1son73
    2266 posts Fans' Favourite
    Everyone know the games where your team feels hampered!! Perfect timed tackles or intercepting is a millisecond too late. Even AI does do anything!!
    This BS feels like EA don’t want you to win! I don’t know how much truth is in this though..

So you feel that you don’t get that chance to complete properly!
  • Invincibility
    4054 posts National Call-Up
    NO, There is no pay to win.. mechanics and skills can make you lose to anyone
  • keronc
    1060 posts Professional
    To make the game less PTW and less predictable, It feels like there might some kind of advantage given to one side. I have been on both ends of it and while it does get annoying, it does not determine the winner. I have lost a few of these matches and I have been able to overcome it and won a few. I have even had a couple matches where my players can't do anything in the first half and then are amazing in the second half.

Real players are not 100% consistent in every match. It seems like EA might have added some coding to reflect this.
  • Williejno1
    3084 posts National Call-Up
    Watch the wee German pro on utube absolutely destroying top teams in wl with a basic bronze team he did abuse the life out of timed finishing though
    But if the controller is in the right hands it really doesn’t matter
  • BSDShoes
    1668 posts Play-Off Hero
    Williejno1 wrote: »
    Watch the wee German pro on utube absolutely destroying top teams in wl with a basic bronze team he did abuse the life out of timed finishing though
    But if the controller is in the right hands it really doesn’t matter

Lower rated squads smashes higher rated squads, it's been a known thing.
  • Shaz2018x
    138 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'd say its all to do with the kind of player you are tbh.
    I've come up against god like teams and absolutely smashed them to pieces, also come up against 'crap' teams and got smashed.
  • Breadth
    186 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I notice noticeable differences in expensive meta players and non-meta players when I play rivals. I rotate between my first team and my untradeables fitness team. I don't know if it's in my head but it's always so much easier to score and get a win with my first team than my fitness team.
    There is a difference between meta players and non-meta players.
    Try it out yourself. Play with non-meta players and play the next game with meta players. You will experience it for yourself.

When it comes to WL, I think what factors most when it comes to people getting consistent results is the match making system. The match making system is supposed to make sure that you get matched with similar level players regardless of your team.
    If you feel like you have difficulty moving up in rank, I think that is supposed to be working as intended to make sure that you get matched with similar level players.
  • BladesManSUFC
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    Maybe they're better than you, post some full length games on the forum and I'm sure people will be more than happy to give feedback on your play.
    @Pieman25
    I don’t think you understood my point.
    I’ve never said I’m the best Fifa player and don’t think I am.
    The point I’m making is that when I’m consistently getting gold 1 every WL and then decide to improve my team by 8m coins worth of players correct me if I’m wrong but that should see an improvement?
    In the games past where I was narrowly losing in very tight games I should expect to win a few more of that sort of game now?? Because if the game resembled anything like real football then an improvement like that would have a significant difference whereas I see none.
    And to say maybe they are just better?? I can fully accept and appreciate someone who is better than me no matter what team they have.. I’ve played against people with inferior teams to me who have ripped me to bits and I can say fair enough he was better.
    Within 5 mins of a game you can tell if your opponent is good or not and on too many occasions I see bad players either coming really close to or beating me because my mega team stop doing anything that they were in previous games.. I’d just like the game to have some balance and consistency because the only frustrating part for me is exactly that. One game I can look like a world beater and the next like I’ve never played a football game in my life.

• lIlIlIlIlIl
    3583 posts National Call-Up
    It's pay to win by default whenever you have the ability to obtain any kind of competitive advantage by paying real-world money for it. On this game the advantage is astronomical if you know how to properly abuse the flaws and quirks.

I don't understand how this concept is incredibly hard to grasp. You're not splitting the atom here.
  • ICE_UP_SON
    649 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If it is viewed as pay to win it must also be viewed as play to win. To me this is a good combination. As the OP stated he hasn’t spent any money and has a great team.

Personally I spend some money at the start because I travel for work and cannot typically play Monday through Thursday. If you’re going to spend the beginning of the game is by far the best time. In past years when I could play more I wouldn’t spend but would still end with a great team.

You have the option to put in the time for an elite team without spending money.
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    Team only matters when skill is somewhat equal.

However, elite teams do have a tendency to give you 2-3 extra wins in WL
  • Pieman25
    16426 posts World Class
    @Pieman25
    I don’t think you understood my point.
    I’ve never said I’m the best Fifa player and don’t think I am.
    The point I’m making is that when I’m consistently getting gold 1 every WL and then decide to improve my team by 8m coins worth of players correct me if I’m wrong but that should see an improvement?
    In the games past where I was narrowly losing in very tight games I should expect to win a few more of that sort of game now?? Because if the game resembled anything like real football then an improvement like that would have a significant difference whereas I see none.
    And to say maybe they are just better?? I can fully accept and appreciate someone who is better than me no matter what team they have.. I’ve played against people with inferior teams to me who have ripped me to bits and I can say fair enough he was better.
    Within 5 mins of a game you can tell if your opponent is good or not and on too many occasions I see bad players either coming really close to or beating me because my mega team stop doing anything that they were in previous games.. I’d just like the game to have some balance and consistency because the only frustrating part for me is exactly that. One game I can look like a world beater and the next like I’ve never played a football game in my life.

But it's possible you're not consistent, the problem is you have a set opinion of your level that doesn't seem to fluctuate and within 5 minutes you can tell if the other person is better? Just doesn't work that way, also on the standard of player you own obviously it helps but you have to improve yourself rather than thinking a couple of cards will do it for you.
  • BaseCamp
    918 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 24
    The skill gap jumps are very large between each of the elites and to top 100. A good team wont let you make huge jumps at those levels. Its more relevant in terms of extra wins for mid tier wl players i.e gold 3, gold 2. I usually get e1 and against my friend who gets gold 1 I usually win by 5-8 goals. A good team wont let you make that big of jump. When I play consistent t100 guys I get rocked usually. The streamers i.e. rtfm and bateson have a history of strong performance. Bateson had previous t100s and rtfm got a bunch of e1 finishes last year.
  • FIFAjunkee
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special

That would go to prove to the forum that he is struggling. Struggling to press, find space, get clear chances - that are likely to be goals.

The whole mass of online - stream, pack opening, uber trader - accounts that generate popular viewing figures stand to benefit EA in some way. Especially if they are renowned also for playing the game at a certain level of quality. So tin hat theory would say EA will make money if the sub culture of their game harnesses a certain popularity that can be further monetised in game.

Am I wrong? If somebody would like to explain why EA doesn't like to generate better sales I'd be happy to hear that.
  • FIFAjunkee
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I've noticed the shift in popular accounts finding a jump in their results. And I share with the OP that my beast team will always seem to perform bad.

The whole game to me leaves so much up in the air that I can't even be bothered to collect my rewards this week.
  • SPN1987
    2142 posts Fans' Favourite
    NO, There is no pay to win.. mechanics and skills can make you lose to anyone

Try your luck facing god squads all the time with a mediocre squad in division 1 or 2....