height vs jumping

what is more important for heading between these two?
a 6'1'' striker with 90 jumping will win in the air more than a 6'3'' striker with 80 jumping?
i ve never understood this, but i see that tall defenders are more used than short ones regardless of jumping so i think height is more important but how much?

Comments

• madwullie
    6439 posts Big Money Move
    My toty Modric wins tons.of headers including corners for goals. He's a ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • TheTataGuy
    3888 posts National Call-Up
    Jumping.
  • WryLucky
    2751 posts Fans' Favourite
    I would rather have the 6'3" striker with 80 jumping.
  • LeBleuFIFA
    581 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited January 2019
    Manu466 wrote: »
    what is more important for heading between these two?
    a 6'1'' striker with 90 jumping will win in the air more than a 6'3'' striker with 80 jumping?
    i ve never understood this, but i see that tall defenders are more used than short ones regardless of jumping so i think height is more important but how much?

Jumping. However big defenders are used more than shorter ones because:
    Tall with good jumping > small with good jumping.
    For me this year its jumping, but its situational.

The cross or the way the ball is coming, position, balance, aggression, pace into the jump, reactions, user-error like messing up the jump, strength, body-type, they will all affect who wins the aerial ball in several situations.
  • JRM1984
    103 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited January 2019
    I used to think height was more important, I now think higher jumping stats have the edge.

I also think strength, balance, reactions and anticipation affect how many headers you win...
  • Springveldt
    4831 posts National Call-Up
    Another one for jumping. Guys like Griezman, Larsson, UCL Aurier are all great in the air due to their jumping. It's the reason I mainly use Marksman on my strikers, the 10 boost to jumping is great.
  • Antiseen
    1383 posts Play-Off Hero
    Cannavaro is great
  • IAIK7
    3489 posts National Call-Up
    Personally, I've found that height matters more than jumping.
  • MayJ44
    55 posts Park Captain
    Jumping works much more than height. Hence why Ben Yedder wins so many headers despite only being 5’7”
  • Johnny Bravo
    1303 posts Professional
    I find that in a crowd or where the ball takes a long time to drop such as from a goal kick up to a striker that height is more important but if it's played in quicker/harder like a shorter high ball or cross then jumping is more important.

For instance, I'd happily throw in a cross towards Ben Yedder, especially if he's on a run into the box, but I wouldn't play a ball up to him from a goal kick or look to find him in a crowded box from a corner.