Squad Battle question (now annoyance)

Pooter
1068 posts Professional
edited February 28
I am on the cusp of qualifying for the Rank 51-100, since I am playing FUT seriously this year, I don't know how to get into the Rank 51-100

Since I have played the last two games in PRO mode, because it looks like that I would get seriously spanked by the AI if I put it up to World Class. Believe me, I have put it up to Legendary mode on more than a few occasion (that is why I am so high). Every time I play on pro its either 899+ or 950+ points but it doesn't go further than that

Do I really have to put it either WC or Legendary mode just to rank this time round?
Post edited by Pooter on

Comments

• MCMLXXIX
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited January 13
    Check the top 100 in the SB menu to see how much points you need.
    I'm not sure but I think you need to play all 45 games of the week on legendary and/or ultimate to even have a shot at a top 100 finish.
    I know the progression bar in elite 1 makes you think you're almost there... it fooled me too. Made me think I was becoming a good player :-)
  • Chavez76
    1812 posts Play-Off Hero
    with any games on Proffesional, you will not reach 50-100. Not even close.
  • Thomas
    3044 posts National Call-Up
    You need legendary pretty much every game to get too 100
  • Pooter
    1068 posts Professional
    Oh well, I tried but failed to win on Legendary against the last team, but lets hope that I stay on Elite

I will try play more games on Legendary. Some of the games threw me completely. Though I did manage to beat a squad 7-1 on legendary, which had a nice taste to it
  • Crookieee123
    156 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You usually need to average 2550 points for 44 games plus 1900 from the one off game on legendary to even get into the top 100
  • Pooter
    1068 posts Professional
    Chavez76 wrote: »
    with any games on Proffesional, you will not reach 50-100. Not even close.

Wasn't every game, plus previous weeks, I had my router reset in the middle of game, EA servers being on meltdown a few times, and generally sometimes general bad tactics with the odd controls flipping to one button command inbetween
  • Thomas
    How many points do you have currently?
  • Pooter
    1068 posts Professional
    Thomas wrote: »

After completing the SB for the week 44086

I'm a little bit scared that I will drop a level before the deadline has come
  • BGAlum
    788 posts Semi-Pro
    Yes, you can get more points, but you will need a shutout and a minimum 3 goals or up to 5... you get no more points past 5 goals, so scoring 10 is not going to help you.
  • BGAlum
    788 posts Semi-Pro
    Pooter wrote: »

You most likely will get Elite 2. You can follow on FUTbin. Last week the mark for Elite 1 was over 49000 points.
  • Pooter
    1068 posts Professional
    BGAlum wrote: »

You most likely will get Elite 2. You can follow on FUTbin. Last week the mark for Elite 1 was over 49000 points.

Thanks for the optimism...............meh
  • BGAlum
    788 posts Semi-Pro

Thanks for the optimism...............meh

If you are at 44000 right now and the cutoff for Elite 1 is 43000 right now and 5 hours to go, it could be tight for you though. Bright side you are guaranteed Elite 2.

• Thomas
    Currently need 44100 for e1.
    And still 3 1/2 hour left.

Will be 48500-49500 for e1 this week
  • BGAlum
    788 posts Semi-Pro
    Currently need 44100 for e1.
    And still 3 1/2 hour left.

Will be 48500-49500 for e1 this week

Hope it is less, I would like to go out making Elite 1 at least once before quitting the game in a week or two. Missed it by 10 points one week.

• Pooter
    1068 posts Professional
    Yup, I've dropped a level

Any clues as to how to get better at SBs? This time around, I almost made it. Shame I didn't
  • BGAlum
    788 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 13
    Play a level that you can max out points, be efficient. Time of Possession, max out goals at 5, keep a clean sheet, passing above 85%, high number of shots on goal, and win lots of corners.... then work your way up the levels, but honestly there are times it seems like a pro level game is playing like a few levels higher.

Sitting at 47699 and had some really regrettable losses, so playing the right level is key along with scoring even if you lose.
  • Thomas
    Play a level that you can max out points, be efficient. Time of Possession, max out goals at 5, keep a clean sheet, passing above 85%, high number of shots on goal, and win lots of corners.... then work your way up the levels, but honestly there are times it seems like a pro level game is playing like a few levels higher.

Ye.
    I had to go to ET on pro, they was just insane. Managed to win 5-3 in the end.

Next game i crushed it on legendary.

Makes absolutely no sense
  • BGAlum
    788 posts Semi-Pro
    Yup, I've dropped a level

Any clues as to how to get better at SBs? This time around, I almost made it. Shame I didn't

Actually this week might be better to have the three packs vice two rare mega packs of TOTY is available in all three as a possible pick.

If you pull a TOTY you should report back in...
  • BGAlum
    788 posts Semi-Pro
    Actually got Elite 1 this week, pulled decent, Brahimi 85 was the best.
  • Pooter
    1068 posts Professional
    I got virtually nothing despite finishing E2
  • Dixie81
    103 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I finished elite 2 ( only played maybe 25 of the 45 games ) and packed an 86 cm from juve so listed him as coins will come in more handy to buy the players I want
  • Pooter
    1068 posts Professional
    As with all packs, its the luck of the draw
  • FalconFan
    58 posts Park Captain
    As with all packs, its the luck of the draw

Indeed it is...

• Dixie81
    103 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It’s the same every week if I am going to pack anyone it’s always the players pack, never anything in the mega packs.

But like they say it’s all luck, just grind away and earn your high rated team like I try to do 😁
  • Pooter
    1068 posts Professional
    Another week, second time I've reached E1, but it will be E2 at least by midnight. I hope. I won't tell you my points this time. Clearly lost a lot more matches on WC and a really stupid loss on Legendary......frustrating
  • Thomas
    Gl. Will only be g1 or e3, depending on how many games I get tonight.

Will probably not get any over 82 :D
  • Pooter
    1068 posts Professional
    I scraped 1000 points less than last week. Either my tactics isn't right, or I'm putting players that are not quite right.

Or I am really poor. I did have one disconnection from the unreliable server to be honest. So, it may have been 1000 points more on top of what I achieved
  • Pooter
    1068 posts Professional
    I hope I get decent players this week, but last week packs were terrible beyond belief. Truly shocking
  • Chavez76
    1812 posts Play-Off Hero
    I hope I get decent players this week, but last week packs were terrible beyond belief. Truly shocking

you are the first one that actually wants that!
  • Pooter
    1068 posts Professional
    Chavez76 wrote: »

you are the first one that actually wants that!

I'm sure there are thousands that want decent players