FS Joe Gomez Appreciation Thread

This guy, oh my god.

I've put him next to POTM VVD and he is honestly better. I've just won 7 WL games in a row, conceded one goal and he stood out so much.

Also, got to complete my back 5 of Robertson - VVD - Gomez - TAA with Alisson in goal, all special cards. The FS TAA is outrageous too!!

Comments

• Boysie91
    7648 posts League Winner
    Can't wait to face him in WL/Rivals 😒
  • Thejuves
    962 posts Professional
    I guess this is why people are panic selling 87 davison sanchez :( l might do him and use him as rb why u think?
  • Moose Factory
    3311 posts National Call-Up
    One step back for mankind. One giant leap for EA.
  • Tboon
    2041 posts Fans' Favourite
    Any other reviews? :)
  • Grenlif
    44 posts Last Pick at the Park
    This guy, oh my god.

I've put him next to POTM VVD and he is honestly better. I've just won 7 WL games in a row, conceded one goal and he stood out so much.

Also, got to complete my back 5 of Robertson - VVD - Gomez - TAA with Alisson in goal, all special cards. The FS TAA is outrageous too!!

Same sentiments. FS Gomez outshines Potm vvd. He's quicker and more agile. FS TAA is expensive though. Need to start trading again.
  • holdenwait
    53603 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
  • Tboon
    Grenlif wrote: »
    This guy, oh my god.

Same sentiments. FS Gomez outshines Potm vvd. He's quicker and more agile. FS TAA is expensive though. Need to start trading again.

What about his low Composure? Noticeable?

I was ready to submit all sbc for Baresi, now Im doubting... Baresi or Gomez
  • Darthsinvadet
    878 posts Professional
    edited January 19
    Gomez is madness. Amazing defender!
  • mdizzl3
    12287 posts Has That Special Something
    He played 4 games for me yesterday. 3 clean sheets. The man is a machine,.reminds me.of Rio but more agile
  • FinneganFach
    2103 posts Fans' Favourite
    He's pretty much one of the reasons I'm packing it in tbh. I was losing interest anyway but now every team's going to have him and VVD side by side. Just eff that.

I'm no "pace abuser" , I like a balanced team, I like to be able to hold on to the ball and string a few passes together and create an opening.

But I still want my 90+ pace strikers to be able to get a shot off if I successfully get them one on one without being mauled by a rampaging Harry Maguire with turbo boosters.

All year the complaint has been that the chasing speed of centre halves has been ridiculous and that pace has no value. All year they ignore it and keep chucking in faster and faster CB special cards.

Plus this entire "event" is a load of weird fantasy nonsense just as an excuse to keep people buying packs because they know they tipped the balance a little by giving everyone so much in rewards. It figures they'd come for their pound of flesh eventually with everyone getting cash rich on WL and rivals.

When you thought they might finally have improved a little, they're always so quick to disappoint.
  • Shehraj
    5729 posts Big Money Move
    still, 470k sbc for that card? seems far too high
  • RebelRob
    4616 posts National Call-Up
    Shehraj wrote: »

This.

Can’t wait for the hype to die down and vvd and Sanchez do the same job for 1/4 or less of the price.
  • AFC_95
    8826 posts League Winner
    Shehraj wrote: »

Guendouzi has jumped back up to 600k. This is just silly.
  • Shehraj wrote: »

But people will willingly do Icon SBC's for much more.

Gomez literally has TOTY/Prime Icon level stats but you think 470k is too much? Would you also think EVERY other special card in the game is too much?

Personally, 470k for a CB with those stats is an utter steal.
  • Pow_patrol70
    131 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    He’s he better than UCL ramos?
    I got untrade VVD and ramos, i dont know if I should do gomez sbc
  • I have POTM VVD and NIF Varane (untradeable). And I wan to use Courtois. I wonder I should do Gomez and put him at RB or just buy TAA 89? Gomez originally RB that's why high pace.
  • joehuk
    2792 posts Fans' Favourite
    Tbh I regret starting him not sure I'll complete in time without FP

Had 3k coins partially completed 85 squad. 30k off.

Then Liverpool and England to complete but these are nearly 300k...

Oh well
  • If you almost had enough in your club to do either VVD potm or FS Gomez which one would be best to go for?
  • joehuk
    2792 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 19
    If you almost had enough in your club to do either VVD potm or FS Gomez which one would be best to go for?

Potm VVD for potential winter upgrade.

If he gets a +2 his his Potm could go to 91 if not he's still an insane card
  • Has1988
    688 posts Semi-Pro
    So Gomez is better than VVD?
  • sturges12345
    2768 posts National Call-Up
    Can’t wait for fb Ibra to dominate him aerially with his 71 jumping
  • Invincibility
    2714 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sick backline.. how s that jumping in game
  • Tboon
    Sick backline.. how s that jumping in game

I also want to know... what about his jumping and Composure?
  • Dalebert
    547 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Didn't hesitate in doing this SBC even with the high price. The more I use him I'm starting to think it's a bargain, BEAST!!!!
  • SC_Nankatsu_Mr_Vu
    325 posts Sunday League Hero
    card looks sweet, can’t complain so far but if you have the coins and an untradable VVD i’d go for him. also i haven’t faced one yet
  • Sick backline.. how s that jumping in game

I haven't noticed a single issue in 40 games. He is so quick across the ground too. Wins every defensive header he has had to for me and he seems to be the Anti-Neymar. Everytime someone plays Neymar centrally, Gomez pockets him.

I've changed by backline though, sold TAA and have now got:

Robertson - FS Gomez - POTM VVD - League SBC Dumfries

This way I could fit that Frankie De Jong into my squad, hes outrageous too.