The English Football League Lounge 2020/21

Comments

• WFCBagnall
    88047 posts Moderator
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    MacGilivray wants a Scotland call up, absolutely deserves one
    Blokes been quality this season and Scotland seem to have a crop of goalkeepers that are all like 36, they really should be getting an up and coming one in the system asap

Didn't realise he was Scottish.
  • Hicksy2011
    18658 posts World Class
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    MacGilivray wants a Scotland call up, absolutely deserves one
    Blokes been quality this season and Scotland seem to have a crop of goalkeepers that are all like 36, they really should be getting an up and coming one in the system asap

Didn't realise he was Scottish.

born in Scotland and has a Scottish parent, has a Yorkshire accent so its an easy mistake to make
  • Alastair
    10260 posts Moderator
    Cheltenham literally recalled him from loan 2 weeks ago and have now sent him back out on loan to us. @Rulistening Sort your club out m8.

• Rulistening
    1989 posts Fans' Favourite
    Alastair wrote: »
    Cheltenham literally recalled him from loan 2 weeks ago and have now sent him back out on loan to us. @Rulistening Sort your club out m8.

You were moaning so I had a word with the chairman to send him back, no problem pal
  • Alastair
    10260 posts Moderator

You were moaning so I had a word with the chairman to send him back, no problem pal

Thanks. Appreciate it. Can we keep him full time now?
  • iHilarious
    13545 posts Has That Special Something
    I thought it was going to be a loan. Two and a half year deal @iHilarious

Pretty decent right back to be fair to the lad but fell out of favour and never got a look in after unfortunately. Still young with potential to progress
  • They Caged Non
    6481 posts Big Money Move
    Have I missed the prediction this week? It won’t let me on google forms at work so I end up forgetting
  • Alastair
    10260 posts Moderator
    Have I missed the prediction this week? It won’t let me on google forms at work so I end up forgetting

It ended last week. @Dizzy Bala won.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    edited January 2019
    What do we think the chances are of there being a Championship player in this new promo? Want Mount so my SBC Davies can get a few run outs.
  • They Caged Non
    6481 posts Big Money Move

It ended last week. @Dizzy Bala won.

Cheers mate

• Lard_Lad
    12757 posts Has That Special Something
    Decent game so far
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    edited January 2019
    Norwich have looked really good tonight. Bit more composure and they'd have scored 2 or 3 more.
  • Sabo
    6818 posts Big Money Move
    Even as a neutral this is amazing to watch.

Must have been an amazing atmosphere.

It was a bit good Ali mate. People tend to forget Vydra's absolute beauty of a goal assisted by Marco Cassetti but aye what a conclusion
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4370 posts National Call-Up
    I feel so sorry for any of our fans making the trip to Middlesbrough tomorrow. Pulis v Harris could genuinely cause depression.

Fully expecting us to lose, likely 1-0, and it'll be Assombalonga that scores. Tempted to stay up until the early hours of the morning in hopes I can just sleep through all the football.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3970 posts National Call-Up
    Hard game against Bristol City tomorrow, had to laugh when I saw this forecast, as it's quite accurate (at least for us)
    6a0ef4924f58643cf3ed86c40960b97e.png
  • Alastair
    10260 posts Moderator
    edited January 2019
    @wheelerdeeler Sounds like you’re signing Gary Cahill. I’m starting to think Ranieri could pull off another miracle and win the PL next season.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    Hard game against Bristol City tomorrow, had to laugh when I saw this forecast, as it's quite accurate (at least for us)
    6a0ef4924f58643cf3ed86c40960b97e.png

Where have you got this forecast from? Would like to read Millwall's :joy:
  • WFCBagnall
    88047 posts Moderator
    iHilarious wrote: »

Pretty decent right back to be fair to the lad but fell out of favour and never got a look in after unfortunately. Still young with potential to progress

Quite pleased with the signing tbf. Should go straight in the team today. Any idea how much we've paid?
  • Alastair
    10260 posts Moderator
    iHilarious wrote: »

Quite pleased with the signing tbf. Should go straight in the team today. Any idea how much we've paid?

Hopefully you've paid their taxes.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    Minor miracle, we're not playing 442.
    Gregory
    Marshall Williams Thompson Leonard J.Wallace
    M.Wallace Cooper Hutchinson Romeo
    Archer

Hoping it's more of a 433/4231 going forward, with Thompson pushing higher up. Bit disappointed Ferguson has been dropped, would much prefer him at LB over Murray Wallace. Meredith not in the 18, thankfully.

Praying this is the start of a change in style for us because my neck is starting to ache a bit watching those high looping balls from Cooper to Morison/Elliott.
  • Hicksy2011
    18658 posts World Class
    I am by no means saying we should get rid of Kenny, he pretty much already deserves to be in charge until this time next year
    But his team selection the last couple of weeks has been awful and the results are showing
  • Hicksy2011
    18658 posts World Class
    Jesus this is beyond atrocious we need 3 or 4 signings asap
    Evans just isn’t good enough for this level, he scores some goals but gives the ball away so much
    We’ve replaced our injured 6ft 7 striker with Jamal Lowe who admits himself he can’t head the ball for ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and continuing to play aimless long balls forward, got to change to 3 at the back I think get Pitman and Morris on and get the ball down and play
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    As I'd hoped, Ben Thompson is pushing higher up. We're frustrating the life out of Middlesbrough. Should really be 2-0 up.

We're actually playing some football and we don't look half bad.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    @wheelerdeeler Sounds like you’re signing Gary Cahill. I’m starting to think Ranieri could pull off another miracle and win the PL next season.

Might have missed something, but the last thing I saw on it was Ranieri saying he wasn't sure if Cahill fancied joining us. Honestly torn on whether or not I want him. Given we've got about a 1% chance of staying up after we lost to Burnley, would probably prefer to use the carrot of staying up in the Prem to attract a decent calibre of younger player with which we can go down with and have a squad capable of bouncing straight back.

If Cahill signs and we still go down we've basically wasted probably 100k a week in wages for nothing, because he'll go to China or wherever to end his career after we've gone down without a second thought.
  • Alastair
    10260 posts Moderator

Might have missed something, but the last thing I saw on it was Ranieri saying he wasn't sure if Cahill fancied joining us. Honestly torn on whether or not I want him. Given we've got about a 1% chance of staying up after we lost to Burnley, would probably prefer to use the carrot of staying up in the Prem to attract a decent calibre of younger player with which we can go down with and have a squad capable of bouncing straight back.

If Cahill signs and we still go down we've basically wasted probably 100k a week in wages for nothing, because he'll go to China or wherever to end his career after we've gone down without a second thought.

Oh maybe not then.

I saw Sky saying it was a done deal last night but nothing official.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner

Oh maybe not then.

I saw Sky saying it was a done deal last night but nothing official.

Yeah he's been "on the verge" of signing for us for basically two weeks now. Apparently he's even been shown around Motspur Park (along with Drinkwater and Moses). But as you can imagine we aren't the most attractive of propositions for players of their size at the moment.
  • Lard_Lad
    Results stay like this, tonight is huge, win this and it’s only a point behind leeds
  • Lard_Lad
    Turns out Sol Campbell isn’t a bad manager after all’s
  • iHilarious
    13545 posts Has That Special Something
    Jesus this is beyond atrocious we need 3 or 4 signings asap
    Evans just isn’t good enough for this level, he scores some goals but gives the ball away so much
    We’ve replaced our injured 6ft 7 striker with Jamal Lowe who admits himself he can’t head the ball for **** and continuing to play aimless long balls forward, got to change to 3 at the back I think get Pitman and Morris on and get the ball down and play

2 ez
  • Karlos
    24379 posts Club Captain
    The whites are going up.