Zlatan appreciation thread

Comments

• DadBod
    6381 posts Big Money Move
    smcali23 wrote: »
    He makes me laugh when players try to tackle him and fall over. But (honest review) he's pretty slow in his skills and (not to kill the hype) not thaaaaat amazing (hides).

He’s not neymar. But the feeling of destroying meta teams with your favorite player, destroying them with zlatan-like goals, i am hooked again.
  • Lackosweat
    9198 posts League Winner
    edited January 2019
    Idk what you guys are talking about. I’ve used almost every top tier 5* skillers bar R94 and Prime R9. And this Ibra is up there with the best when it comes down to skilling speed.

His skill moves are executed extremely fast. He doesn’t have the acceleration to easily break away from defenders like R10 or Cruyff though. His strength makes up for that.
  • RayS
    34321 posts World Cup Winner
    Lackosweat wrote: »
    Idk what you guys are talking about. I’ve used almost every top tier 5* skillers bar R94 and Prime R9. And this Ibra is up there with the best when it comes down to skilling speed.

His skill moves are executed extremely fast. He doesn’t have the acceleration to easily break away from defenders like R10 or Cruyff though. His strength makes up for that.

I’m with you on this one. NIF Zlatan was noticeably clumsy and slow in skill moves, but FB Zlatan does skill moves rapidly and smoothly. As you mentioned, he doesn’t fly away from defenders like high acceleration shorter players, but he still destroys opponents because he creates enough separation and has enough strength to wreak havoc
  • jbwalton7
    1026 posts Professional
    I am still quite shocked we have a player of such obvious quality this early in the game for less than 200k...the guy is absolute class
  • WryLucky
    4614 posts National Call-Up
    That's his record for me so far, he would have a lot more but my goals are normally spread out quite a lot with other players as you might be able to tell by those 44 assists.
    c177f719603b983d36e5f1a4b6c232d0.png
  • Jaymizzo
    2383 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 2019
    RayS wrote: »
    I’ve played 5 rivals games today, won them all, Zlatan has scored 7, now 25 played 31 scored after using him during WL. Promoted to div 4.

you don't promote Zlatan. Zlatan promotes YOU

Been there once before, lost every game til I got relegated again😂. Let’s see how I do now.

Happened again, lost every game until I got relegated. Zlatan did keep a goal a game record while there. It was like a switch got flicked moving from div 5 to 4. Every shot is a timed finesse into the top corner. Every keeper is moved. Pressure is constant. Every mistake is punished. I think div 5 is my level.

Yikes, maybe I don’t want promotion out of D5 then lol

Div 4 is a nightmare as it's the introduction to the world of "meta".

Really enjoyed Div 5 as it's a great way to test out your tactics and team etc. I tend to relegate myself back into Div 5 and maintain enough of a gap that if I feel I want to get promoted I can do it before rewards.

Tend to stay in Div 5 over the weekend until Tuesday, then try and work my way back into Div 4. You actually get to breathe in most games in lower divisions, less try hards and people actually are willing to use skill moves or even settle for a draw. It feels like a lot of the people you play against aren't sweating it out.

Edit: Current Ibra stats
    zwEbGb8_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
  • RayS
    Jaymizzo wrote: »
    I’ve played 5 rivals games today, won them all, Zlatan has scored 7, now 25 played 31 scored after using him during WL. Promoted to div 4.

Been there once before, lost every game til I got relegated again😂. Let’s see how I do now.

Happened again, lost every game until I got relegated. Zlatan did keep a goal a game record while there. It was like a switch got flicked moving from div 5 to 4. Every shot is a timed finesse into the top corner. Every keeper is moved. Pressure is constant. Every mistake is punished. I think div 5 is my level.

Really enjoyed Div 5 as it's a great way to test out your tactics and team etc. I tend to relegate myself back into Div 5 and maintain enough of a gap that if I feel I want to get promoted I can do it before rewards.

Tend to stay in Div 5 over the weekend until Tuesday, then try and work my way back into Div 4. You actually get to breathe in most games in lower divisions, less try hards and people actually are willing to use skill moves or even settle for a draw. It feels like a lot of the people you play against aren't sweating it out.

Wow crazy goal ratio!
  • Jaymizzo
    2383 posts Fans' Favourite
    Jaymizzo wrote: »

Wow crazy goal ratio!

Remove about 13 goals from SB as I needed the swap card for Da Costa. He is the best striker I've used so far.
  • RayS
    Zlatan makes red shots green :D
  • win123vn
    575 posts An Exciting Prospect
    No timed finishing needed !
    Sw1dWp2.gif

how can you do that?
  • Lackosweat
    9198 posts League Winner
    win123vn wrote: »
    Sw1dWp2.gif

how can you do that?

Ball roll + R3 then boom.
  • win123vn
    575 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Sw1dWp2.gif

how can you do that?

nice, so Ball Roll to right then R3 while L3 to left then boom?
  • Lackosweat
    9198 posts League Winner
    Sw1dWp2.gif

how can you do that?

Just ball roll to the right and press R3. By pressing R3 the player will automatically flick the ball to the opposite direction.
  • Headshrinker363
    5870 posts Big Money Move
    Zlatan makes red shots green :D
    Zlatan doesn’t time finesse’s, Zlatan finesses time!
  • Lackosweat wrote: »
    Sw1dWp2.gif

how can you do that?

Just ball roll to the right and press R3. By pressing R3 the player will automatically flick the ball to the opposite direction.

What team you running? Nice goal too

• Lackosweat
    9198 posts League Winner
    Sw1dWp2.gif

how can you do that?

What team you running? Nice goal too

Just Ibra and Josef up top in 4411.

The rest is a full Serie A squad as I was using him in my fun squad.
  • Lackosweat
    9198 posts League Winner
    Nothing too spectacular about this goal but it showcases his ability to perfectly execute skill moves and his *INSANE* finishing. It almost looks like those typical driven shots from 18 <3

cIvtuqa.gif
  • jbwalton7
    1026 posts Professional
    Let’s see your Zlatan teams for the weekend, going a bit different from my usual team this week

744-F6524-A0-B7-4940-B965-4-E88-C4568465.jpg

2538-AC1-C-21-F1-48-FC-B0-E3-59-DA8446-D3-B3.jpg
  • DadBod
    Guys from which club is the most memorable for you during zlatan’s career? Is it milan? Psg? Ajax?

There’s a huge sale right now and i am planning to buy 2 or 3 throwback kits with zlatan’s name on it.

Psg is not an option because i already have at least 10 psg kits with ibra’s name on those lol.
  • Lackosweat
    9198 posts League Winner
    DadBod wrote: »
    Guys from which club is the most memorable for you during zlatan’s career? Is it milan? Psg? Ajax?

There’s a huge sale right now and i am planning to buy 2 or 3 throwback kits with zlatan’s name on it.

Psg is not an option because i already have at least 10 psg kits with ibra’s name on those lol.

United imo. He was at his downfall of his career and still managed to show his class. Imagine him at his peak playing in the EPL !

• smcali23
    1229 posts Professional

Nope. He just doesn't. Dude has a lot of good things going for him but he doesn't execute skill moves as fast as some others.
  • jbwalton7
    1026 posts Professional

PSG seemed like the team that he was most at home at...like he wasn't particularly "attached" to a team until then
  • DadBod
    jbwalton7 wrote: »

PSG seemed like the team that he was most at home at...like he wasn't particularly "attached" to a team until then

Thanks man but i already have more than 10 ibra psg kits and my wife will kill me if i buy another 2 or 3 psg kits.
  • Lackosweat
    9198 posts League Winner
    smcali23 wrote: »

Nope. He just doesn't. Dude has a lot of good things going for him but he doesn't execute skill moves as fast as some others.

Idk man. He feels rapid when skilling.

Ronaldinho > Zlatan = Cruyff > Neymar.
  • jbwalton7
    1026 posts Professional
    jbwalton7 wrote: »

Thanks man but i already have more than 10 ibra psg kits and my wife will kill me if i buy another 2 or 3 psg kits.

Retro Ajax kit would be cool
  • DadBod

United imo. He was at his downfall of his career and still managed to show his class. Imagine him at his peak playing in the EPL !

@Lackosweat i bought the home and away kits with ibrahimovic print at the back. Thanks for your suggestion.
  • Chewbaccary
    2210 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 2019
    Just okay for me so far. Not as good as I expected. He was my most anticipated card of the year ever since I heard about flashbacks and he hasn't quite lived up to my hopes. Taking a lot of heavy touches and just feels a bit sluggish in general. Feels slower than Pogba for me even though his stats are better on paper.

His speed of executing skills is nowhere near the fastest in the game. I'm running Prime Okocha in the same team as him and Jay-Jay is much, much quicker with the ball.

I'm still glad I did him though. Truth be told, I would've paid 600-800k for this card, so I'm really glad EA did us a solid and made him available for so cheap.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    14994 posts World Class
    Man is he a machine...flashback pato is tearing it up with zlatan for me
  • Burchy
    1615 posts Play-Off Hero
    My ibra seems to of gone on strike! Don’t know if he is unhappy in the changing rooms or wants more money a week but I hope he gets it together again!