I spent 4K usd on this game now I realize I'm such an idiot

Comments

• EJND
    136 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited January 16
    ATERWH wrote: »
    EJND wrote: »
    People that can afford it spent so much money on useless stuff, Don’t have such a freak out about not donating the money etc ... I also spent about 1500 Euro in Fifa 19 so far , but I am an adult and have the money and instead of going in fancy restaurants with other adults ad spending hundreds on ridiculous meals and drinks just to show what a loaded king you are I also rather spent money on fifa points or other things + I also donate money for charity.
    BUT ! Had exactly the same experience as the OP ! In the terms of wins , all those icons are useless!!! Always lost against those 83 rated teams , barelay against the High rated teams ... then I sold my whole team and built a new one with the likes of Jesus, Goretzka , Tolisso etc ... And believe it or not , I won more games , and the ones that I lost were deserved much more often , nearly no games anymore , with 20:1 chances 0:1 result ...

100 % agree!!! Would‘t have a problem with spending the money .... but getting this gameplay for the money is a big big dissapointment!

Exactly, I guess FIFA is the first game ever on this planet that once your spend money your gameplay is becoming even more difficult. [/D
    People that can afford it spent so much money on useless stuff, Don’t have such a freak out about not donating the money etc ... I also spent about 1500 Euro in Fifa 19 so far , but I am an adult and have the money and instead of going in fancy restaurants with other adults ad spending hundreds on ridiculous meals and drinks just to show what a loaded king you are I also rather spent money on fifa points or other things + I also donate money for charity.
    BUT ! Had exactly the same experience as the OP ! In the terms of wins , all those icons are useless!!! Always lost against those 83 rated teams , barelay against the High rated teams ... then I sold my whole team and built a new one with the likes of Jesus, Goretzka , Tolisso etc ... And believe it or not , I won more games , and the ones that I lost were deserved much more often , nearly no games anymore , with 20:1 chances 0:1 result ...

100 % agree!!! Would‘t have a problem with spending the money .... but getting this gameplay for the money is a big big dissapointment!

Exactly, I guess FIFA is the first game ever on this planet that once your spend money your gameplay is becoming even more difficult.

Do angry people maybe tend to spent more money ? I don‘t know ... but I am sure there are studies about that ;)
  • Jfo88
    22598 posts Club Captain
    giphy.gif
  • ATERWH
    18 posts Ball Boy
    bigpokey24 wrote: »
    As a gold 1 WL player, everytime I met a 83 gold sqd in DR, the game experience is so HORRIBLE.

One game after my Messi hit the post (of course) then my 83 opponent got a STRANGE penalty (he pushed my player down then his player fall so he won the penalty). He used his GK to score the penalty and started to waste time from then on. I swore to god I did everything I could to with the possession back but it is just impossible.

What makes things worse is every time you encounter this kind of scenario, your opponent will of course sent you 100 messages to mock you after the game.

This week I started to play with my friend's 83 sqd and the game experience is much much much better.

Now I felt I am such a fool that I have spent this 4K usd (and another 3k in FIFA17 and another 4K in FIFA 18). This game is the what you actually got a worse game experience after you spend the money.

wow.. you must me living the life..4k, would have bought you lots or air miles, food, 5 ps4s/xbox1.. open a 5 k certificate of deposit to double your money...but no, you chose to sign up with the Credit Card FC , and now you've sort a transfer to the whinny boy FC..

why spend so much, you wanted the best players, now you got the best cards and you still aren't satisfied... guess what, the more you spend, the more your players start playing like trash..I hope you spend more .. also in about 8 months or more FIFA 20 will be out..please try and buy more FIFA points.. since you enjoy opening packs .. money is nothing and it is meant to be spent.. In a few days another promo will be out, i hope you re-sign with the Credit Card FC :)

In every single thread where anyone is confessing, that he's spending money your answers are sarcastic and full of malicious joy.

You're right, that spending money on this game is absolutely stupid, but do you think inappropriate sarcasm helps anyone out, who probably has addiction problems?

Andy is closing these kind of threads, because sooner or later everyone's getting nasty and toxic.

I feel sorry for the OP, and i think that Games like FIFA are designed to cause addiction, but nobody's really aware of it's dependence potential as it is gambling and not declared as such. And if someone shows dependency signs, the community has nothing better to do than being sarcastic?

I mean, what's actually wrong with the people today?

Thanks for the support. First of all, I played soccer since I was very young and I became a FIFA fun from very young age. For me I don't think addiction is an issue since I am spending money and game time within a reasonable limit. (I am Business Consultant so I travel and work at client's site very often, most of my FIFA time are weekend mornings and nights)

Secondly, I believe there are lots of people who do have addiction issues (worse for children) and I hope the community could actually do something about it. I will definitely support this kind of efforts.
  • Fab
    17513 posts World Class
    Send me 100 quid OP
  • EJND
    136 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Fab wrote: »
    Send me 100 quid OP

Get a job !

• Ryno
    6078 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 16
    This person is an adult who is fully cognizant of the decisions they are making, however short sighted they may be. No government regulation is needed for this type of behavior. This person would have the same problems if they were obsessed with Pokemon or trading cards and all they had to do to buy them was sit on his couch and click two buttons. This person has clearly learned their lesson, and their life will be better from now on. Some people learn the hard way. Id say over the past decade I have spent 2-3k on FUT. Only when I moved out and began to live on my own, away from mom and dad's credit card, did I realize that I was being too foolish with my cash by spending it on a virtual game. Its a new learning curve for some people, and Im glad OP has realized that they can spend their money better.
  • Fab
    17513 posts World Class
    Fab wrote: »
    Send me 100 quid OP

Get a job !

Oh, get a job? Just get a job? Why don't I strap on my job helmet and squeeze down into a job cannon and fire off into job land, where jobs grow on jobbies?
  • SPN1987
    2042 posts Fans' Favourite
    As a gold 1 WL player, everytime I met a 83 gold sqd in DR, the game experience is so HORRIBLE.

One game after my Messi hit the post (of course) then my 83 opponent got a STRANGE penalty (he pushed my player down then his player fall so he won the penalty). He used his GK to score the penalty and started to waste time from then on. I swore to god I did everything I could to with the possession back but it is just impossible.

What makes things worse is every time you encounter this kind of scenario, your opponent will of course sent you 100 messages to mock you after the game.

This week I started to play with my friend's 83 sqd and the game experience is much much much better.

Now I felt I am such a fool that I have spent this 4K usd (and another 3k in FIFA17 and another 4K in FIFA 18). This game is the what you actually got a worse game experience after you spend the money.

Never too late to come to your senses I guess. Stop spending FP if you want the gameplay to be better. Until then you have no right to complain about anything IMO.
  • RandomLhama83
    10092 posts Has That Special Something
    Part of the fun with RTG accounts though isnt just how bad or good my rivals score is, or even how good i do in champs. its that theres always a player your chasing after. a reason to trade, invest ect... it really gives you a hidden challenge in the game most ppl dont realize because they spend money on the game. When you finally get that player, the relief you feel is alot different than just loading up the CC and gettin it day one... Given, you dont get to play with the player as long if you got it day one, every game you do play with it will be magical!
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    so the amount is not the issue, its the value you got from it. Thats a very different complaint. I agree EA does not offer value for money
  • SPN1987
    2042 posts Fans' Favourite

The moment people claim an 83 rated squad plays better than a multi million coin squad I just can not take them seriously anymore. Those people haven't got a clue WTF their talking about. :s
  • jplumber
    1427 posts Play-Off Hero
    QceCapo wrote: »
    Get some help man....at some point maybe the mods should step in a create a self help section on this forum. Some of these people have serious addiction issues.
    And this is why EA's loot box system has to end!! EA, can't you see what you are doing and what havok your product is causing? You have a moral obligation to be a productive member of society and not to exploit your user base - even competitive companies in a capitalist system need to realise that!
  • mosmartin
    377 posts Sunday League Hero
    There are some people, quite a few actually who don't buy packs for the gambling aspect. They buy them because they want the best cards in the game. Because they have only a few hours a week available and actually want to enjoy those hours not grind. And no, RTG are not the solution since that will make you trade-in your time instead of your money.
  • BSDShoes
    1601 posts Play-Off Hero
    Players purchased insane amount of packs to form a 90+ rated icons squad, then they should perform as we paid (or say as ratings displayed in card). We are tired of watching them making silly mistakes or being bullied by 83 golds.

I noticed something about this back in Dec, having a tough time with my 87 squad and falling down to div 6 and facing a bunch of 81-82 squads and still losing, brushed off my old 83 squad and the game felt better again. It's as if the game is doing this on purpose.
  • ATERWH
    18 posts Ball Boy
    SPN1987 wrote: »

The moment people claim an 83 rated squad plays better than a multi million coin squad I just can not take them seriously anymore. Those people haven't got a clue WTF their talking about. :s

Dude, we are not saying 83 rated squad is constantly better than multi million coin squad. But the fact is 83 rated squad have 20-30% of time can actually beat mulit million coin squad under EA's world (consider the 2 players are in the same level).

But this kind of scenario can never happen in real world. A FIFA world rank 100 national team (like 83 rated sqd) can never or have just 1% chance to beat those top 10 teams (like multi million coins squad).

The odd of those kind of weird matches or we call "miracles" sometimes just happen way tooooo often in EA's world
  • limjitwe
    6737 posts Big Money Move
    BSDShoes wrote: »
    Players purchased insane amount of packs to form a 90+ rated icons squad, then they should perform as we paid (or say as ratings displayed in card). We are tired of watching them making silly mistakes or being bullied by 83 golds.

I noticed something about this back in Dec, having a tough time with my 87 squad and falling down to div 6 and facing a bunch of 81-82 squads and still losing, brushed off my old 83 squad and the game felt better again. It's as if the game is doing this on purpose.

It’s in your head
  • Navraat
    3114 posts National Call-Up
    damn, 10k on fifa and you got nothing back

ouch
  • Jfo88
    22598 posts Club Captain
    @JimmyVulmer dupe for sure
  • bigpokey24
    4792 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 16

wow.. you must me living the life..4k, would have bought you lots or air miles, food, 5 ps4s/xbox1.. open a 5 k certificate of deposit to double your money...but no, you chose to sign up with the Credit Card FC , and now you've sort a transfer to the whinny boy FC..

why spend so much, you wanted the best players, now you got the best cards and you still aren't satisfied... guess what, the more you spend, the more your players start playing like trash..I hope you spend more .. also in about 8 months or more FIFA 20 will be out..please try and buy more FIFA points.. since you enjoy opening packs .. money is nothing and it is meant to be spent.. In a few days another promo will be out, i hope you re-sign with the Credit Card FC :)

In every single thread where anyone is confessing, that he's spending money your answers are sarcastic and full of malicious joy.

You're right, that spending money on this game is absolutely stupid, but do you think inappropriate sarcasm helps anyone out, who probably has addiction problems?

Andy is closing these kind of threads, because sooner or later everyone's getting nasty and toxic.

I feel sorry for the OP, and i think that Games like FIFA are designed to cause addiction, but nobody's really aware of it's dependence potential as it is gambling and not declared as such. And if someone shows dependency signs, the community has nothing better to do than being sarcastic?

look here the OP isn't the only one who spends .I also bought FPS for 19, 18, 17 16 ....( however each year i spend less and less) My post is to encourage those who come around and condemn those who tell people not to waste their money.. just like the guy above who tries to justify spending money on FIFA points is equivalent to spending money on a night out with family and friends...bottom-line it is a waste of time especially when the game is trash, why spend so much money on a product whereby the AI defends for you and you can spam finesse none stop... or better yet you hit the post 12 times in 2 games, or the amount of worthless packs one pulls
  • bigpokey24
    Navraat wrote: »
    damn, 10k on fifa and you got nothing back

ouch

11k not 10 k
  • Baressi
    24 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Thats happen when the game play againts you ,its call fifa glitch when messi play like 66 card rated and your opponent 83 player play like messi 99 there is no way to beat your opponent when its come that fifa glitch...you might have had expirience the same situation before whne u beat your opponents 10 - 0 even though u has a weak team..sorry for my english.
  • bigpokey24
    edited January 16
    Baressi wrote: »
    Thats happen when the game play againts you ,its call fifa glitch when messi play like 66 card rated and your opponent 83 player play like messi 99 there is no way to beat your opponent when its come that fifa glitch...you might have had expirience the same situation before whne u beat your opponents 10 - 0 even though u has a weak team..sorry for my english.

when i start experiencing such , i just rage quit, on to the next game..I could care less about such...I just want o play a fun game..if fact I have stared rage quitting when playing against those who sit deep and just do nothing waitng for a break... enjoy the rage quits...at the end of the day , you will pull trash from rewards
  • Futfanatic
    12439 posts Has That Special Something
    @ATERWH talk to @deang07 I saved him from fp life and he has packed toty Neymar and R94 in the last five days. Good things will happen, stay strong. This game is designed to make you spend.
  • Start play fullmanuals only game where the gameis not simulated, 1st it is hard to learn full manual but you learn it actually quite quick , you spend money to comuter ai simulated game ? start play h2h seasons with fullmanual controlls and after few games you realize that you love this game with spending max the price of the game. Still good luck for you and if you have good income it is wrong that ppl here is trolling you. after all our own lifes is our own lifes. But anyways cheer up for you and i hope you try the REAL fifa and start to play only fullmanual games. All good for you bro.
  • Louie_Serene
    43 posts Last Pick at the Park
    FUT ruins the game. They need to either make it easier to get players so you can be on a level playing field or scrap it completely. Most icons and players that cast in the millioms are just not obtainable for the casual gamer. Not to mention people getting roped into buying **** packs without guarantees of decent players. Daylight robbery.

Then theres the unbalanced gameplay... the same team can play completely different from one game to the next whether you squad as 100 fitness or not. Terrible game and this is the last post on here for me as the game has been traded in. Absolutely terrible. First Fifa in years and most definitely the last. Have fun tearing your hair out playing this game lol over and out.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    4847 posts Big Money Move
    I’m not going to comment on OP’s spending. Maybe he has 20 million dollars. I don’t know. But this is the only game I’ve ever played where spending money or not spending and building a great team actually works against you. I have an excellent team. And it’s amazing how fast and responsive my players are when I play a god squad and how slow and unresponsive they are against 83 rated teams. This is the reason people bronze bench. It has absolutely nothing to do with matchmaking. As anyone that has a great team would rather face another great team than a team of 83 rated golds.
  • BorussenBernie09
    1392 posts Professional

look here the OP isn't the only one who spends .I also bought FPS for 19, 18, 17 16 ....( however each year i spend less and less) My post is to encourage those who come around and condemn those who tell people not to waste their money.. just like the guy above who tries to justify spending money on FIFA points is equivalent to spending money on a night out with family and friends...bottom-line it is a waste of time especially when the game is trash, why spend so much money on a product whereby the AI defends for you and you can spam finesse none stop... or better yet you hit the post 12 times in 2 games, or the amount of worthless packs one pulls

Yeah, basically i share your opinion. Only thing i wanted to say, that sarcasm doesn't prevent people from getting in an Addiction. As you say, they need to be encouraged...
  • Purplejacket
    2393 posts Fans' Favourite
    Antiseen wrote: »
    Op if you want to do something good in life, contact me. There are many poor children here in Russia, who got no parents. Even 100$ donated to these kids gonna be great thing to do. It would make them happy, and I’m sure it would make You happy too. I would even do photo report and any proof you want to make sure your money is spend on right things.

Definitely better than spending it on worthless packs.

Oh shut it, his money not yours.
  • Zero_velocity
    670 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It’s never nice to read these threads. This 100% needs to be regulated. They prey on people that show symptoms of addiction. That’s the reason why they don’t need to fix the gameplay, people are addicted to the thrill of opening packs regardless.

I don’t think it should be regulated at all. I love gambling in real life. If I win great, if I lose, so be it, at least I’ve had a bit of fun along the way.

Anyone that is willing to drop 4K (assuming op wasn’t exaggerating) and yet continues to moan about the game doesn’t deserve any sympathy from us. Surely op would have realised this after spending £500....£1,000.....£2,000 etc.

He’s not a kid that stole his mummy’s credit card.
  • SC_Nankatsu_Mr_Vu
    325 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 16
    i feel you you OP. i experience the same stuff. i always had a pretty overpowed team but since my team went through the roof (by spending a lot) i literally can‘t reach gold anymore, certainly not win a division rival game. :disappointed:
This discussion has been closed.