The Ligue 1 POTM SBC has temporarily taken down & will return at a later time, updates to follow today PST on this FIFA Direct twitter thread. Forum thread discussing the issue is here.

Tackling/marking

JV24601
929 posts Professional
What do we all do (PS4) when trying to read an opponent's next pass and intercept it?
Also, when blocking shots/tackling in and around the box?

If you could all give me your tips that would be great.

I had a tonne of lag at the weekend and don't know whether that had anything to do with it, but I suffered against these two things like never before.
I also couldn't get a block, tackle, interception of my own.

Cheers

Comments

• grafyfoxcr7
    237 posts Sunday League Hero
    AI defending is already there..I like to defend manually but if you're struggling use R1 for extra player to defend person with the ball while you use your own to cover the pass or other players
  • JV24601
    929 posts Professional
    AI defending is already there..I like to defend manually but if you're struggling use R1 for extra player to defend person with the ball while you use your own to cover the pass or other players

Thanks. I see a lot of people talking about AI defending but it seriously doesn't work for me.
    Whenever I leave it to the AI they just go through them like they're not there.

How do you defend manually then, what do you press?
  • grafyfoxcr7
    237 posts Sunday League Hero
    JV24601 wrote: »

Thanks. I see a lot of people talking about AI defending but it seriously doesn't work for me.

I usually try to block normally ..like be positioned in a way that shots get deflected or blocked. But due to AI defending other defenders also block.. it's there tho ...just be better positioned. Also stay back while attacking onall defenders...cdm cover centre and agressive intercceptions helps a lot
  • JV24601
    929 posts Professional

I usually try to block normally ..like be positioned in a way that shots get deflected or blocked. But due to AI defending other defenders also block.. it's there tho ...just be better positioned. Also stay back while attacking onall defenders...cdm cover centre and agressive intercceptions helps a lot

Thanks very much.

Other people, your advice would be appreciated!
  • Peewee916
    1076 posts Professional
    I use L1 & go for interceptions while my AI guards the player, usually holds the interception too if you use L1 instead of fumbling it
  • Peewee916
    1076 posts Professional
    You have to keep switching players to cut off all of the opponents passing options too. It works for me
  • JV24601
    929 posts Professional
    L1 is new to me. Thanks - I’ll give that a go.
    Is it holding L1 or tapping it?

I also try to switch players with my r analog stick but it soon gets very mixed up.
    I check that it’s not moved from air-balls regularly but it hasn’t
  • Demon_reborn
    2709 posts Fans' Favourite

I also try to switch players with my r analog stick but it soon gets very mixed up.

he means switch to his cdm and chase back while the ai defence does the work....

Scrub pincer move
  • Peewee916
    1076 posts Professional

Hold L1 down so that he can jockey & control the intercepted pass when it comes to him. Simple L1ing & closing in on someone using skill moves works too. Your player will get wider basically making the opponent run into u
  • JV24601
    929 posts Professional
    Peewee916 wrote: »

Hold L1 down so that he can jockey & control the intercepted pass when it comes to him. Simple L1ing & closing in on someone using skill moves works too. Your player will get wider basically making the opponent run into u

Thanks for that. Hopefully it’ll work for me cheers
  • Halfhand2
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Jockey and run in circles.
    Gold 2 garanteed.
  • JV24601
    929 posts Professional
    Halfhand2 wrote: »
    Jockey and run in circles.
    Gold 2 garanteed.

I’ve tried that and it doesn’t seem to stick to me even when I correctly guess their movement/intercept
  • Jambo1410
    319 posts Sunday League Hero
    Peewee916 wrote: »

So is that the reason the ball sticks to opponents feet wen you tackle them? As I don’t do it and ball hardly sticks to my feet after being tackled.