XBOX CC TV TALK

Comments

• ccooaattssyy
    3942 posts National Call-Up
    Anyone been watching new series of Luther? **** good.
  • VanBasten12
    6781 posts Big Money Move
    Anyone been watching new series of Luther? **** good.

Agreed … easily still in the top 5 series I've ever watched. Brilliant stuff!
  • Rutta
    6136 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 5
    Luther was great and was the 1st series I’ve watched so I best catch up on the previous 4 on Netflix.
  • Argie8
    4773 posts National Call-Up
    Think im gonna wait until the end of the season before watching Luther. Really enjoyed the first few seasons of it
  • VanBasten12
    Watched Billy Connolly - Made in Scotland today. Great watch and although very funny at times, quite melancholic too. Can't believe he turned 76 in Nov!
  • VanBasten12
    … and S3 Ep 5 done of Berlin Station, with another twist at the end of the episode.

If you're into the clandestine type series, do recommend this!
  • RBailss
    10344 posts Has That Special Something
    I've just started Luther, onto episode 5 of the first season... Brilliant stuff so far.
  • SF9
    8369 posts League Winner
    Watched Billy Connolly - Made in Scotland today. Great watch and although very funny at times, quite melancholic too. Can't believe he turned 76 in Nov!

One of my teachers in my old school was a relative of his. He came in & done a talk for us. Very funny & nice guy. @VanBasten12
  • Shane
    23793 posts Club Captain
    What did you guys make of black mirror bandersnatch?
  • Chubbs
    14093 posts Has That Special Something
    Just finished Sunderland Till I Die. Really enjoyed getting a deeper look into it. Didnt really need the reminder of that season but was interesting to see how and where it went wrong. Hopefully we get one with the new owners and leadership. Maybe a redemption story of sorts if they can go up.
  • Chubbs
    Watching Designated Survivor. Enjoyed the first season. Halfway through the second and can see why it was binned now. Will still finish since Netflix is resurrecting it for a third season.
  • Rutta
    6136 posts Big Money Move
    Chubbs wrote: »
    Watching Designated Survivor. Enjoyed the first season. Halfway through the second and can see why it was binned now. Will still finish since Netflix is resurrecting it for a third season.

Yeah 1st season was good I thought then just went into a total different direction and became like the west wing.

The guy needs to morph into Jack Bauer before we can take this tv show seriously again
  • VanBasten12
    SF9 wrote: »

One of my teachers in my old school was a relative of his. He came in & done a talk for us. Very funny & nice guy. @VanBasten12

Awesome! @SF9

Watched a few of his over the years - the Tracks Across America (3-part) was a great watch as well.
  • VanBasten12
    Rutta wrote: »

Yeah 1st season was good I thought then just went into a total different direction and became like the west wing.

The guy needs to morph into Jack Bauer before we can take this tv show seriously again

For me the problem with this show, and unfortunately with the majority of others (e.g. Touch) is that you're just sitting there waiting for Jack Bauer to rise.

He has that stigma attached to him & will never lose it. The unfortunate circumstance of doing a job too well with that character.
  • Chubbs

For me the problem with this show, and unfortunately with the majority of others (e.g. Touch) is that you're just sitting there waiting for Jack Bauer to rise.

He has that stigma attached to him & will never lose it. The unfortunate circumstance of doing a job too well with that character.

Think thats what helped me enjoy it. Watched like three episodes of 24 and hated it so never had that connection.
  • Argie8
    4773 posts National Call-Up

Same tbh. He was incredible in 24. Hard to see him as anyone else.
  • Azof
    14535 posts Has That Special Something
    Finally startes 5th series of Luther, only first episode in but I missed Idris, strong opener too
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    5900 posts Big Money Move
    Punisher S2 next week so hype!!
  • Fab
    17513 posts World Class
    How about that Bandersnatch! Biggest pile of garbage I've watched in a minute!
  • SupaNoodle1990
    25168 posts Player of the Year
    About to start the new series of True Detective <3

I have no doubt it will not top the first series which I loved. But I’m excited nevertheless.
  • VanBasten12
    About to start the new series of True Detective <3

I have no doubt it will not top the first series which I loved. But I’m excited nevertheless.

Yeah - started last night but only got to watch the first 20 min.

Do like Scoot McNairy (what a name!) - Halt & Catch Fire was superb.
  • vneklw
    2384 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 24
    This is the best thing I've seen in a long time :joy:

editingandlayout-the-office-true-dwight-5wWf7GR2nhgamhRnEuA.gif
    Post edited by vneklw on
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    anyone watch that new Ted Bundy documentary on Netflix?
  • “You” is awesome gotta say it lived up to the hype. Messed up but intense.
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    2 episodes into Punisher S2 and its as brutal as ever
  • SupaNoodle1990
    25168 posts Player of the Year
    anyone watch that new Ted Bundy documentary on Netflix?

Watched the first episode and haven’t bothered with the others.
  • Choepiechakie
    29100 posts Player of the Year
    Recently started with how to get away with murder.

Its so good.
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    I know these OT Threads are pretty much dead but My Hero Academia is one of the best anime’s I’ve watched
  • BrentfordFC
    9343 posts League Winner
    Started watching the mayans mc today. Nostalgia of SOA got me hooked on it.
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    edited February 17
    I know these OT Threads are pretty much dead but My Hero Academia is one of the best anime’s I’ve watched

Finished this, wow