OT - The Comic Book Shop: ENDGAME

Comments

• Xx_iou_cheesecake_xX
    2678 posts Fans' Favourite
    P wrote: »
    That looks great. Looks like they might take more chances this time around. The first one was disappointing to me. Cookie cutter marvel movie. Looks like there's alot more going on in this one. They really did keaton dirty in the first one, hopefully they don't waste Gyllenhaal this time around. Don't think they will tho. Think they felt like that had to play it a bit safe first time around with such a beloved character.

The first one was a good start though. Other Spider-Man movies were edgier and the Raimi ones were like a character study more than action movies, especially Spider-Man 2. Basically what I'm saying is that Spider-Man is a versatile, flexible character in terms of the stories and tones you can put him in.
  • VanBasten12
    6783 posts Big Money Move
    Hype!!!!

Also, that’s much more than a “teaser” lol

Thanks for this - will skip the vid. I hate trailers giving away things.
  • P
    7439 posts League Winner
    That looks great. Looks like they might take more chances this time around. The first one was disappointing to me. Cookie cutter marvel movie. Looks like there's alot more going on in this one. They really did keaton dirty in the first one, hopefully they don't waste Gyllenhaal this time around. Don't think they will tho. Think they felt like that had to play it a bit safe first time around with such a beloved character.

The first one was a good start though. Other Spider-Man movies were edgier and the Raimi ones were like a character study more than action movies, especially Spider-Man 2. Basically what I'm saying is that Spider-Man is a versatile, flexible character in terms of the stories and tones you can put him in.

It was still super predictable to me. I'd even say boring. I know not many agree but it's one of the worse marvel films for me. Tom Holland is an amazing Spider-Man as well. They just didn't let keaton act enough. Plot was way too simple for me personally. I guess Spider-Man is more geared to kids but you can still make a great movie with a great story.
  • P
    7439 posts League Winner
    Hype!!!!

RT... I switch off a bit and try not to look at what's going on too much.
  • EddieFicio
    20600 posts Club Captain
    hoban95 wrote: »

BOOM

I must say i quite like it and now pretty hyped for it. @XxRichiexRichxX @krakos000 @Argie8 @xHerdie @EddieFicio

Cant wait <3

Also forgot to say I watched Aquaman last week and really enjoyed it tbf.
  • P
    7439 posts League Winner
    Aquamans biggest flaw for me was the random soundtrack. Surely someone could of sorted that :joy:
  • VanBasten12
    Aquamans biggest flaw for me was the random soundtrack. Surely someone could of sorted that :joy:

Hmmm … that's interesting. My daughter watched it and never mentioned something like that.
  • P
    7439 posts League Winner

Hmmm … that's interesting. My daughter watched it and never mentioned something like that.

Just doesn't suit the tone of the movie alot of the time. It's very strange.
  • VanBasten12
    Hype!!!!

If I go to the cinema, I make sure I'm at least 10 min late so I can avoid the trailers. If there are I'll look away and close my ears.

I was a trailer addict & simply enough about 6 or 7 years ago!
  • P
    7439 posts League Winner
    Hype!!!!

If I go to the cinema, I make sure I'm at least 10 min late so I can avoid the trailers. If there are I'll look away and close my ears.

I have a friend who's exactly the same. I won't watch GoT trailers. I can't help but watch the marvel ones though.

I like how the infinity war trailers went down (alot of misdirection, they literally spent money to misguide audiences by using cgi to put characters in scenes they weren't in and change the amount of infinity stones in the gauntlet at different points) I would love to see more studios take this approach. Alot of movies are completely ruined by their trailers.
  • VanBasten12
    Hype!!!!

I have a friend who's exactly the same. I won't watch GoT trailers. I can't help but watch the marvel ones though.

I like how the infinity war trailers went down (alot of misdirection, they literally spent money to misguide audiences by using cgi to put characters in scenes they weren't in and change the amount of infinity stones in the gauntlet at different points) I would love to see more studios take this approach. Alot of movies are completely ruined by their trailers.

Never knew that!

That misdirection is fantastic and would certainly watch them if I knew that was the approach. Creates more hype around the movie - good job by them then.
  • P
    7439 posts League Winner
    Hype!!!!

Never knew that!

That misdirection is fantastic and would certainly watch them if I knew that was the approach. Creates more hype around the movie - good job by them then.

Yeah not sure but I imagine it was more of a Russo bros idea than a marvel idea. Would love to see more movies do it.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    30833 posts National Team Captain
    Overall I enjoyed Aquaman... my main issues with it was the CGI was done very poorly at times, I think that they could have spent just a tad more time on his background a bit regarding when he was a kid and figuring out he could talk to animals. It just felt forced and rushed like they were just “checking it off their list”. That’s the best way I could describe it.

Oh and Dolph’s hair was tragic lmao.
  • Low Ki
    11546 posts Has That Special Something
    Hah, 0:50 in the trailer, the name of that boat?
    The debut of Hydro Man:
    1000?cb=20180110002514
  • P
    7439 posts League Winner
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Hah, 0:50 in the trailer, the name of that boat?
    The debut of Hydro Man:
    1000?cb=20180110002514

Hope they aren't trolling with us with that and it is hydro man. Seems to look like mysterio is control of him so he might just be an elemental or something. I loved the initials on the suitcase. Haven't addressed uncle Ben much at all.
  • P
    7439 posts League Winner
    When did this get moved? fs.
  • hoban95
    48346 posts FIFA Cover Star
    *sighs*
  • hoban95
    The Punisher season 2 is now out on Netflix lads.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    I’ll be watching this weekend
  • hoban95
    I’ll be watching this weekend

Same
  • Choepiechakie
    30845 posts National Team Captain
    Watched the first 2.

Pretty lit
  • Low Ki
    I wish Russo's face was more messed up. I like it so far though.
  • P
    7439 posts League Winner
    Not going to be able to start watching it till next week. Got all my punisher comics out recently and started reading them again though so I'm pure hyped.
  • Low Ki
    Not going to be able to start watching it till next week. Got all my punisher comics out recently and started reading them again though so I'm pure hyped.

Start with Angel Punisher :lol:

The Ennis and Aaron runs span over a decade and were amazing. Fraction's Frankencastle run was fun, but probably not for everyone with how crazy it got.

Haven't really followed much since then. Feel I dropped most comics at a high after Hickman's Avengers run and Secret Empire sure didn't make me come running back despite how much I loved Spencer's Superior Foes book.
  • Choepiechakie
    30845 posts National Team Captain
    Low Ki wrote: »
    I wish Russo's face was more messed up. I like it so far though.

Same, I was covering it up really necessary?
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    They were incredibly lazy with Russo's face. Probably my only real complaint 5 episodes in.
  • P
    7439 posts League Winner
    They were incredibly lazy with Russo's face. Probably my only real complaint 5 episodes in.

They really dropped the ball on that one. Wouldn't look at him and think jigsaw at all. Did a better job when mcnulty played the part.
  • EA_Cian
    1131 posts EA Staff (retired)

They really dropped the ball on that one. Wouldn't look at him and think jigsaw at all. Did a better job when mcnulty played the part.

It's very ... understated. The mask he's wearing sometimes is a bit silly too.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    EA_Cian wrote: »

It's very ... understated. The mask he's wearing sometimes is a bit silly too.

I laugh every time someone in the show mentions how “he did a number on his face” or something along those lines.

Like yeah he did, but you can’t tell now.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited January 24
    Finished The Punisher today. All in all good. As stated the job with Russo's face was just flat out lazy.

I think they did well to sort of wrap things of in case of the cancellation. With that being said, I do think they with them trying to seemingly not really leave loose ends and wrap everything up, it hindered this season. I thought the first season was much better overall. I think there was more that could have been done with some of the characters
    Post edited by XxRichiexRichxX on