The Weekend League Thread *Eddie the 🐐

Comments

• Muzza11
    8680 posts League Winner
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    Muzza11 wrote: »
    Was 19-0 but Lost my first game due to Courtois come to collect a non pressure ball and fumbled it out for a corner in which he scored lol. Then after that I played Gorilla was 1–1 at half time but he is class at this game. Then I played ITS WHAT I DO, the guy was so boring lol.

Stopped at 23-3 but I will try for T100 next week.

Not easy playing 26 games on a Sunday night lol.

Its what i do aka hashtag harry

Ah fair enough, thought he was only on PlayStation lol.
  • BaseCamp
    954 posts Semi-Pro
    Got top 100 (29-1) - Had to play all 30 today because I didnt have a full team. Never doing that again. Happy to get top 100 but have a raging headache now.

Prime R9 scored 69 times in his first weekend league. He is truly the GOAT. TOTY CR7 doesn't hold a candle on him in my opinion.
  • ScruffyDogBurger
    3306 posts National Call-Up
    I swear rewards were on Mondays and Division Rivals rewards were Thursdays?
  • RebelRob
    5380 posts Big Money Move
    BaseCamp wrote: »
    Got top 100 (29-1) - Had to play all 30 today because I didnt have a full team. Never doing that again. Happy to get top 100 but have a raging headache now.

Prime R9 scored 69 times in his first weekend league. He is truly the GOAT. TOTY CR7 doesn't hold a candle on him in my opinion.

Decent result for banging them all out in one day.

What’s your team? I need r96 in my life 😢 but cruyff dropping 1m killed the dream otherwise I’d have been able to get him over toty.
  • Equinox 85
    703 posts An Exciting Prospect

Squad battles Monday - Div Rivals and WL - Thursday
  • ScruffyDogBurger
    3306 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 14
    Equinox 85 wrote: »

Squad battles Monday - Div Rivals and WL - Thursday

Oh, cheers

I wanted a red Sakho :(
  • Sercs
    18702 posts World Class
    MisterJV wrote: »
    WL needs some reqs , It is starting to become stale . Nothing to grind towards now that TOTY is over

Wouldn’t make WL fun, just a massive coin sink once req’s ended
  • Nen
    4397 posts Moderator
    edited January 14
    Sercs wrote: »
    WL needs some reqs , It is starting to become stale . Nothing to grind towards now that TOTY is over

Agreed.

The worst thing they have ever done is put reqs on the WL.

You spend ages making your team and then can't use it..

Wouldnt mind seeing different stuff in weekly objectives though.
  • Equinox 85
    703 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Nen wrote: »
    Sercs wrote: »

Agreed.

The worst thing they have ever done is put reqs on the WL.

You spend ages making your team and then can't use it..

Wouldnt mind seeing different stuff in weekly objectives though.

Agree make single matches relevant again. Remove the need to get FUTSWAP or other objectives through rivals as you are at a disadvantage in that mode.
  • Blarix
    20845 posts Club Captain
    Blarix wrote: »
    78da67c379a6fa3847a2a5dd6c8748b1.png

Watch me whip watch me ney ney

lol thats all you can get with that team? :D

New accounts everywhere pretending they have been part of the community.

There is no such thing as team gets you free wins specially if you don't cherry pick and didn't play 3 weekends before.
  • Keano
    14083 posts Has That Special Something
    lf2009 wrote: »
    Regretted claiming my entry as soon as i done it, stopped at 14 as every game i was forcing myself to play

Flashback ibra sucks, 16 games without a goal or assist playing minimum 45 mins a game. One game he missed 5 one on ones and 2 open goals within 5 8 yards.....and i thought tevez was bad

If he's gone that long without a goal or assist & missed 5 one on ones, i'll take it that it's you thats the problem, not Ibra.
  • lf2009
    2257 posts Fans' Favourite
    Keano wrote: »
    Regretted claiming my entry as soon as i done it, stopped at 14 as every game i was forcing myself to play

Flashback ibra sucks, 16 games without a goal or assist playing minimum 45 mins a game. One game he missed 5 one on ones and 2 open goals within 5 8 yards.....and i thought tevez was bad

If he's gone that long without a goal or assist & missed 5 one on ones, i'll take it that it's you thats the problem, not Ibra.

Usually id say yes, but as i usually get on with his build of striker and used mvb, shearer, vieri etc all to more of a goal a game contribution and pretty much can make all strikers work, for me its definitley him.

Dribbling and everything i love with him but his finishing was appaling. Tried finisher on him, engine and even for the last 6 games a hunter to see if it helped but hes sbc fodder

The fact he lost headers to kante got me tilted to.

Gone back to henry and crespo

• Sercs
    18702 posts World Class
    78da67c379a6fa3847a2a5dd6c8748b1.png

Watch me whip watch me ney ney

lol thats all you can get with that team? :D

New accounts everywhere pretending they have been part of the community.

There is no such thing as team gets you free wins specially if you don't cherry pick and didn't play 3 weekends before.

Well you’ve certainly improved since that Division 1 fiasco those few years back :trollface:
  • Keano
    14083 posts Has That Special Something
    Keano wrote: »

Usually id say yes, but as i usually get on with his build of striker and used mvb, shearer, vieri etc all to more of a goal a game contribution and pretty much can make all strikers work, for me its definitley him.

Dribbling and everything i love with him but his finishing was appaling. Tried finisher on him, engine and even for the last 6 games a hunter to see if it helped but hes sbc fodder

The fact he lost headers to kante got me tilted to.

Gone back to henry and crespo

For me Ibra doesn't lose headers, he can miss but he always wins them. yeah he gets bullied off the ball sometimes, but thats his balance being awful... that';s to be expected, just have to find a way to free up space & get a shot off.

• hjdjydyufu
    8714 posts League Winner
    Anybody good coming in this TOTW?
  • hjdjydyufu
    8714 posts League Winner
    Need to get over the Gold 2 wall.

I've learned to use spin and fake shots well. What other skills are the most effective that could improve my game?

Any other suggestions to help get to Gold 1 or above?
  • Littleland95
    17125 posts Moderator
    hjdjydyufu wrote: »

I've learned to use spin and fake shots well. What other skills are the most effective that could improve my game?

Control GK and Timed Finesse. (Unfortunately).
  • hjdjydyufu
    8714 posts League Winner

Thanks! Yea I dont have the confidence to move the GK. I'll keep working on timed finesse...I cant seem to get the timing down. @Littleland95
  • hjdjydyufu
    8714 posts League Winner
    IDK but I think half of my goals are headers. I score so many with simple chips in the box. I dont even cross much.
  • RandomLhama83
    10092 posts Has That Special Something

never did... not in real or in this game.
  • '96dc2
    9026 posts League Winner

Thanks! Yea I dont have the confidence to move the GK. I'll keep working on timed finesse...I cant seem to get the timing down. @Littleland95

I’m g1 3 weeks in a row, I don’t skill at all. Just timed finesse and moving keeper is all you need. Don’t know why I waited so long to use them.
  • hjdjydyufu
    8714 posts League Winner
    '96dc2 wrote: »

I’m g1 3 weeks in a row, I don’t skill at all. Just timed finesse and moving keeper is all you need. Don’t know why I waited so long to use them.

Any tips to improve at timed finesse? I cant tell whether Im hitting the second button to slow to too fast
  • '96dc2
    9026 posts League Winner

Any tips to improve at timed finesse? I cant tell whether Im hitting the second button to slow to too fast

Red is to fast, white is to slow. Press then tap just as your players foot is about to hit the ball. Even yellow will go in
  • hjdjydyufu
    8714 posts League Winner

Red is to fast, white is to slow. Press then tap just as your players foot is about to hit the ball. Even yellow will go in

Okay. I hit a few yellow with CR7 and Ibra in the WL. I usually get Red so thats good to know its too soon. Ive never gotten a white...lol.
  • BaseCamp
    954 posts Semi-Pro
    RebelRob wrote: »

Decent result for banging them all out in one day.

What’s your team? I need r96 in my life 😢 but cruyff dropping 1m killed the dream otherwise I’d have been able to get him over toty.

442 flat variation

Prime R9 - IF Son
    IF Neymar - Prime Gullit - TOTY Modric - IF Mbappe
    IF Sandro - Prime Ferdinand - Ramos - TIF Lala
    Courtois

Had toty ronaldo in draft about 20 games and I couldn't ever get anything going with him. I had his UCL for a long time this year and couldn't get that one going etiher. Had something like a 0.7 goals per game playing striker.
  • WildaF3niX
    2070 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 14
    f80ffd16f159ae99a105fa098dfcde48.jpg

team for the chill weekend
  • '96dc2
    9026 posts League Winner
    WildaF3niX wrote: »

Raul at cdm... no thx
  • WildaF3niX
    2070 posts Fans' Favourite
    WildaF3niX wrote: »

Raul at cdm... no thx

Yeah i know, he does there well surprisingly similar to prime Vieira level tbh :trollface:
  • hjdjydyufu
    8714 posts League Winner
    Is constant pressure back?

I'm getting pressed to death today
  • Chubbs
    14474 posts Has That Special Something

Okay. I hit a few yellow with CR7 and Ibra in the WL. I usually get Red so thats good to know its too soon. Ive never gotten a white...lol.

Play with the feedback meter on in squad battles and just spam them all game.