The Weekend League Thread *Eddie the 🐐

Comments

• KingTiti14
    27 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Anyone else finding really bad button delay in final 15 mins of games today?
  • M98H
    13179 posts Has That Special Something
    18-1 now
    If I didn’t get the DC id have had my best start to a WL this year
    Zlatan and Stoich killing it so far.
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    6877 posts Big Money Move
    Stopped at 14-7

May play some more with 5 chem Ibra just for the lols and see how he is
  • WildaF3niX
    2070 posts Fans' Favourite
    M98H wrote: »
    18-1 now

Dont bottle it as the hardest games are yet to come
  • M98H
    WildaF3niX wrote: »
    18-1 now

Dont bottle it as the hardest games are yet to come

I find 15 wins-20 the hardest usually
    Hopefully EA are generous with matchmaking
  • Shutup
    2310 posts Fans' Favourite
    11-5 with a back line including Bryan and Smalling :D

No time to do all the games, will try and get to G3 but looks another pants TOTW anyway
  • hrv97
    3519 posts National Call-Up
    Timed Power shots are the new meta
  • Monsta
    1811 posts Play-Off Hero
    From 16-1 to 16-5 choked

All that seems to be happening is the people I'm playing sprinting straight into my players from whatever direction and there's never any fouls at all.
  • Campino
    27493 posts Player of the Year
    @M98H

Stoich the real deal?
  • Shutup
    2310 posts Fans' Favourite
    hrv97 wrote: »
    Timed Power shots are the new meta

Been smashed by a few this weekend
  • Tof33z
    6976 posts Big Money Move
    18-1 now

Great work dude, that's impressive
  • Smudge
    4647 posts National Call-Up
    @Benn don't bother honestly, this patch is the worst version of FIFA 19 so far
  • M98H
    Campino wrote: »
    @M98H

Stoich the real deal?

Left footed players at RCAM is the way to go, and Stoich is a POTM Hazard with steroids :joy:
    He’s amazing, had him tradeable a month ago when he was 2.2 so had to get him
  • Maverick
    5074 posts Big Money Move
    SGLT wrote: »
    @Maverick

What’s your GT ?

@SGLT Maverick812
  • Arsenalfan97
    7771 posts League Winner
    Wow just won 7 in a row and secured my first gold 1 finish this fifa 20-7 atm and it’s all thx to the zlat man what a god he is even off the bench for 45 mins
  • Tof33z
    Wow just won 7 in a row and secured my first gold 1 finish this fifa 20-7 atm and it’s all thx to the zlat man what a god he is even off the bench for 45 mins

Nice work buddy
  • Arsenalfan97
    7771 posts League Winner
    Tof33z wrote: »

Nice work buddy

Thx it’s nice to be a gold 1 merchant so much more prestigious than gold 2 B)
  • Tof33z

Nice work buddy

I wouldn't know mate 😅
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    6877 posts Big Money Move

Nice work buddy

Hey you’re still a gold merchant like the rest of us :trollface:

Just joking, good stuff pal. I bottled the one chance I had for G1 a couple weeks ago so now I stop at G3 :(
  • Arsenalfan97
    7771 posts League Winner

Nice work buddy

Hey you’re still a gold merchant like the rest of us :trollface:

Just joking, good stuff pal. I bottled the one chance I had for G1 a couple weeks ago so now I stop at G3 :(

It’s the right time to settle tbh shocking totw incoming again
  • McRaven
    4753 posts National Call-Up
    Really need to learn how to move the keeper with those timed finesse shots. I still win, but it takes a hell of a lot more effort. Anybody got any tips on what to do and what to look for when moving the keeper?
  • hrv97
    3519 posts National Call-Up
    12-3, don't know if it's momentum, bad servers or just me playing poorly. Timed finishing and kick of goals saving me every game
  • '96dc2
    9026 posts League Winner
    Gold 1 secured, lost 2 on pens and a few bad games. Elite might be possible before fifa 20 😂
  • EddieFicio
    21942 posts Club Captain
    maymanpele wrote: »
    Eddie qualifying today?

@maymanpele didnt play :joy:
  • Bobb
    646 posts An Exciting Prospect
    De Gea just yeeted all over me. two of the most miraculous saves i've ever seen while for me Neuer is a complete donkey
  • SGLT
    6200 posts Big Money Move
    Maverick wrote: »
    SGLT wrote: »
    @Maverick

What’s your GT ?

@SGLT Maverick812

Ok, I had played someone earlier with the name maverick and thought it might of been you, wasn’t but lol
  • Sixtechburner
    431 posts Sunday League Hero
    10-4 best start yet. Changed my formation to 4-2-2-2 and im enjoying it way more than 4-3-3.
  • Bobb
    646 posts An Exciting Prospect
    10-4 best start yet. Changed my formation to 4-2-2-2 and im enjoying it way more than 4-3-3.

It’s the best formation in the game imo, it’s better than 4231 because the 2 strikers combine laterally and it’s harder to defend than a single forward sat in front of a single CAM.
  • xciljw
    5024 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 13
    Bobb wrote: »

It’s the best formation in the game imo, it’s better than 4231 because the 2 strikers combine laterally and it’s harder to defend than a single forward sat in front of a single CAM.

442 is even better imo. The 4222 feels too much like a 424, in the 442 they are similar on attack but the LM/RM actually defend way more so it is a little more balanced. But not too much difference in them. I would not say it is the best, but at least most fun for me. The standard 4231 vs 4231 is boring too.

----

Been playing with Zlatan today, pairing up with Cruyff. He has been scoring plenty of goals but on the ball he is just not agile enough for me and this game does not reward physical. Back to the bench.
  • 3 losses in a row. All 3 ran down the wing and crossed it in.
    How the hell do you cross? Mine just go straight to the keeper.