Gold Most Consistent But Never IF TOTS

Comments

• Isco should also be part of the TOTS, impressed everyone on the pitch, and deserves to get a TOTS card.
  • Zidane>all
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Sokker14 wrote: »
    The second draft is out!

For the next draft, Virgil van Dijk and Samuel Umtiti are likely to be replaced.

Keep the suggestions coming! I'd like to see who you think should get in instead!

Umtiti is likely to be replaced ? Why ?

• Agent Murhawk
    8265 posts League Winner
    TOTS MC Deserving Players:
    Marco Reus-The Dortmund star has had an injury plagued season which has been a key factor into Dortmund's failures at the beginning of the season. Since he has come back, Dortmund's form has improved drastically, putting them into the fight for a Europa League spot rather then battling relegation. On a statistical level, Reus has 12 goals and 6 assists in just around 1800 minutes on the pitch. According to Whoscored statistics, he has 6 Man of the Match awards, and an average rating of 7.7, higher then anyone else on his team. Despite his unfortunate injuries, he has been the definition of consistent when he plays, offering his side goals and assists as well as phenomenal performances without getting on the score sheet.
    That's not being consistent for the whole season then is it.
    What? When he has played, he has been consistently good... I said that in the description... Just because he was injured doesn't mean he can't play consistently.

Again that's not being consistent for the whole season when he's missed a good chunk of it.
  • joker
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Isco should also be part of the TOTS, impressed everyone on the pitch, and deserves to get a TOTS card.

this team is about players who haven't got an IF yet
  • Ace
    4489 posts National Call-Up
    holdenwait wrote: »
    Royyosti wrote: »
    keema-v wrote: »
    Neckabob wrote: »
    Two eredivisie players but no one from the süper lig. Great.... Seems not fair. Why dont get the süper lig two tots? Ba, caner, chedjou, one of them should definitely be in
    have a look at the second post, Ba is coming in next draft at the minute

And according to a couple SuperLig fans he should be dropped due to his large number of penaltygoals and futher inconsistencies.

Haven't seen anyone properly suggest a deserving Superlig player apart from the Fener LB.

keep saying it Ba should never be in it unless he scores 2 hat tricks in the next 3 games or something xD

and as a Fener fan i dont think Caner Erkin has been outstanding enough to be in a worldwide TOTS .. I'd kill for any Fener tots cards but sadly none deserve
    Seeing as you're a Fener fan, I'll take your opinion on Erkin above Ortez's anyday
  • Greed378
    2369 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sokker out of curiosity do you have a list of people you are considering to replace Van Dijk with?
  • joker
    Marco Reus-The Dortmund star has had an injury plagued season which has been a key factor into Dortmund's failures at the beginning of the season. Since he has come back, Dortmund's form has improved drastically, putting them into the fight for a Europa League spot rather then battling relegation. On a statistical level, Reus has 12 goals and 6 assists in just around 1800 minutes on the pitch. According to Whoscored statistics, he has 6 Man of the Match awards, and an average rating of 7.7, higher then anyone else on his team. Despite his unfortunate injuries, he has been the definition of consistent when he plays, offering his side goals and assists as well as phenomenal performances without getting on the score sheet.
    What? When he has played, he has been consistently good... I said that in the description... Just because he was injured doesn't mean he can't play consistently.

Again that's not being consistent for the whole season when he's missed a good chunk of it.
    it is about being consistent in his performances, not about who played the most. Reus has played enough, otherwise he wouldn't have made the suggestion list. Just read my post earlier to see other points why he deserves it. All this "he missed some games, can't be in"-talk gets annoying, it is even harder to perform well after coming back from an injury, a lot of players struggle with that.
  • Agent Murhawk
    8265 posts League Winner
    joker wrote: »

it is about being consistent in his performances, not about who played the most. Reus has played enough, otherwise he wouldn't have made the suggestion list. Just read my post earlier to see other points why he deserves it. All this "he missed some games, can't be in"-talk gets annoying, it is even harder to perform well after coming back from an injury, a lot of players struggle with that.
    So he missed 1.5 months in the beginning of the season then another 2+ months from November-January and you think that's enough? That's not nearly enough, you just want him for UT.

• Ahmed Musa Robert Lewandowski nasser alshamrani
  • Alex555rus
    1 posts
    edited April 2015
    Matheu Valbuena 4 goals 8 assists.One of the best RFPL players.It will be very disappointing if he will not be in this team.Because I dont expect RFPL team of the season.
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13084 posts Has That Special Something
    The pressure of greedy BPL people to take that 6th spot from the SPL is real. Shameful.
  • NurDerHSV_Drobo
    217 posts Sunday League Hero
    Belllarabi.. consistent ? He played a very well season for sure, but wasn't consistent in any case.
    Some matches he played so bad and lost every ball and others he was just awesome. So, that's not consistent. There were some players who really played consistently good:

Meier
    Firmino
    Gustavo
    Vieirinha
    Drobny
    Höwedes
  • joker

So he missed 1.5 months in the beginning of the season then another 2+ months from November-January and you think that's enough? That's not nearly enough, you just want him for UT.

this is simply not true. He played 17 games out of 27, which is about 2/3. And none of the games were short appearances. He missed 10 games, which is about 10 weeks ~ two and a half month. You are talking about 3.5+ months? Just accept that he played enough, otherwise he would not have made the list of the players considered, and start finding real arguments.
  • Benn242
    4 posts Ball Boy
    Monreal very consistent for arsenal. Always keeping Gibbs out of the team,
  • Manutelli
    18612 posts World Class

this is simply not true. He played 17 games out of 27, which is about 2/3. And none of the games were short appearances. He missed 10 games, which is about 10 weeks ~ two and a half month. You are talking about 3.5+ months? Just accept that he played enough, otherwise he would not have made the list of the players considered, and start finding real arguments.

He could make the Bundes TOTS if he steps up his game. Not enough played for MC.
  • Koscielny ( Arsenal/BPL ) - Very consistent all the season and one of the most important player of the Arsenal's great season
  • SOL1DS
    3010 posts National Call-Up
    Without a doubt,Roberto GK 78 should be a Most Consistent but not IF this year.
    He has been amazing in the Greek Superleague and on Champions League.Been in the best11 of the groupstage.

5516a510c80023fefcc9bbe0b1baed6a.png
  • PopulousLyric2
    429 posts Sunday League Hero
    Put Koscielny in for Van ****
  • Bidwell
    8359 posts League Winner
    SOL1DS wrote: »
    Without a doubt,Roberto GK 78 should be a Most Consistent but not IF this year.
    He has been amazing in the Greek Superleague and on Champions League.Been in the best11 of the groupstage.

5516a510c80023fefcc9bbe0b1baed6a.png

He's coming in in the next draft.
  • Bidwell
    8359 posts League Winner
    The pressure of greedy BPL people to take that 6th spot from the SPL is real. Shameful.

I feel you would not be saying that if the player in question wasn't Dutch.
  • Greed378
    2369 posts Fans' Favourite
    Koscielny :lol:
    Only people who rate him are Arsenal fans and people who don't watch him. Seems to make a major mistake in every big game
  • wth22
    10037 posts Has That Special Something
    edited April 2015
    Greed378 wrote: »
    Koscielny :lol:
    Only people who rate him are Arsenal fans and people who don't watch him. Seems to make a major mistake in every big game

and people who want an 85+ pace CB for their FUT teams :joy:
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    Van Dijk:

http://www.thefootyblog.net/2015/03/23/celtic-duo-that-could-be-vying-for-player-of-the-year-honours/

"Virgil van Dijk has once again impressed during spells of the season."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30323843

""Virgil is a very important player," Deila told BBC Scotland.
    "He is a leader in the group and on the pitch he is performing week in week out, again we had a clean sheet and Virgil was very good today, scoring another goal.

"We are building a team around him and of course we want to keep him.""

What was that saying that van Dijk hasn't been good? Nonsense.
  • wth22
    10037 posts Has That Special Something
    Van Dijk:

http://www.thefootyblog.net/2015/03/23/celtic-duo-that-could-be-vying-for-player-of-the-year-honours/

"He is a leader in the group and on the pitch he is performing week in week out, again we had a clean sheet and Virgil was very good today, scoring another goal.

During spells, doesn't that mean he's inconsistent?
  • angelfoxrage
    570 posts Sunday League Hero
    Monreal has to be in there
  • chaser2k15
    13504 posts Has That Special Something
    All the 80's :open_mouth:

b91d56655f7a6053fd58f66035613933.png
  • EGY-Aviator11
    242 posts Sunday League Hero
    mvm7oz.jpg
  • JC
    1847 posts Play-Off Hero
    StewParty wrote: »
    Heres my list. It took me quite some time as a professonial soccer fan so please leave suggestions:

Hazard - Hes really good in the game scores me an average of 5 goals against my little brother everytime

Ronaldo - I know has an IF but he deserves a spot cuz he scored 5 goals irl and he made a half court shot for my team

Reus - Robin won germany the world cup TBH

Neuer - best gk in the world he won a toty card in fifa

Toure - YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA

Doumbia - Sweatist kid in the game deserves a league upgrade so I can pair him with hazard

Bale - Should get a TOTS striker card cuz hes the fastest player in the world

100% agree m8
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    wth22 wrote: »
    Van Dijk:

During spells, doesn't that mean he's inconsistent?

A player doesn't always have to impress to play consistently well. Blind doesn't always impress, but I'd say he plays consistently well. Same goes for other players.

"he is performing week in week out" - Deila
  • Thierry-VavaVoom
    4276 posts National Call-Up
    Jenko wrote: »
    I have picked out, at random, 6 league games in which Virgil van Dijk played a full 90 minutes, from the small highlights offered in these games I have extracted the errors he made which led to him being bailed out by Celtic's POTS candidates or being let off by poor finishing from the opposition.

Hamilton 0-2 Celtic:

- Gordon flounders as van Dijk's weak attempt at winning the second ball from an effort outside the box sees him getting stuck under the ball and results in a shot at goal being cleared off the line by Denayer, before Gordon makes two good saves to atone for an error he played a part in.

- More tired defending from van Dijk as he makes no attempt to jockey Antoine-Courier before sticking out a lazy leg in a failed attempt to block a shot that wisps just over the bar.

Celtic 1-1 Motherwell:

- van Dijk lazily attempts to block a shot from Lasley, this sends the ball straight Sutton who fluffs a free shot at goal 6 yards out.

Ross County 0-1 Celtic:

- van Dijk falls asleep from a corner and fails to guard his area as Kiss steals in to flick towards goal, this resorts in a scramble leading to a penalty shout as Izaguirre attempted to contain Curran.

- van Dijk is beaten in the air by Quinn and the ball is laid off to Boyd on the edge of box whose shot is saved by Gordon.

Aberdeen 1-2 Celtic:

- Here van Dijk was fortunate not to be at fault for a couple of goals as first Adam Rooney and then David Goodwillie lost him with ease before McGinn and Jack respectively took the wrong option.

- He went on to score a 90th minute winner from 2 yards as a result of a corner.

Celtic 4-0 Aberdeen:

- van Dijk again loses focus at a corner as the ball is sent back into the box and he allows Considine room for a free header 10 yards out, which he sent over the bar.

- After heading out the initial corner van Dijk is beaten to the ball once more as the cross comes in, but Daniels flicks wide.

Celtic 4-0 Hamilton:

- van Dijk goes on a typical burst forward but is dispossessed and caught out of position before Bitton wins the ball back and plays it to van Dijk, whose 20 yard strike is poorly parried by the Hamilton keeper and tapped in by Johansen.

- Hamilton's only chance of the game comes as van Dijk is out-jumped at a corner by Devlin whose header is atrocious to say the least.

In these games I also noticed van Dijk's willingness to carry the ball an awful long way into the oppositions half and attempt to score/create from distance, I feel this somewhat reaffirms my initial consideration that a Vermaelen-like approach helped cover defensive lapses at times.

Now let's go over Celtic's Europa League games where he is truly being tested, a Europa campaign that saw Celtic keep just 1 clean sheet all competition. The only highlights I could obtain for some games contained just goals scored, explaining N/A where Celtic didn't concede.

RB Salzburg 2-2 Celtic:

- Another lapse in concentration from van Dijk as this time Alan ran between the two Celtic CBs and rolled past Gordon. (1-1)

Celtic 1-0 Zagreb:

- N/A

Celtic 2-1 Astra Giurgiu:

- Enache runs at van Dijk and beats him prior to shifting the ball on to Budescu whose shot is saved by the feet of Gordon.

- van Dijk falls asleep at the near post as the ball travels across to Enache, having lost Izaguirre, who gets a bit of luck as the ball bounces onto him from the left-back and goes past a helpless Craig Gordon.

Astra Giurgiu 1-1 Celtic:

- van Dijk's tame attempts at shepherding Bukari sees him lay the ball off to William who curls in a beautiful goal, the Dutchman should have gotten out to William after shepherding Bukari to close the angle for a shot.

Celtic 1-3 RB Salzburg:

- van Dijk is too busy stood with his hands behind his back as a deflected shot loops into the path of Alan, who volleys past Gordon. (1-0)

- van Dijk isn't even in shot for Salzburg's third goal.

Zagreb 4-3 Celtic:

- van Dijk runs out to meet a shot, his timid block sends the ball straight to Pjaca who cuts inside Matthews and bends past Gordon. (1-0)

- The remaining 3 goals come from poor defensive midfield play.

Celtic 3-3 Inter:

- Shaqiri runs off a sleeping van Dijk, Gordon makes the initial save but it falls again to Shaqiri who tucks in from a narrow angle. (1-0)

- The ball bounces off van Dijk very fortunately to Palacio who tucks past Gordon, it would be unfair to blame this goal on van Dijk.

- The third goal is a comical Gordon error.

Inter 1-0 Celtic:

- Yellow card 27 minutes.

- Icardi touches past van Dijk who clumsily fouls him, second yellow card after 37 minutes - dismissed.

Based on everything I have just watched, my points appear to be validated. In the SPL highlights I was able to find at least one incident in every video in which van Dijk was either punished, bailed out by his keeper or defensive partners, or let off by a lack of clinical finishing. In the Europa League highlights, largely showing just the goals, he was repeatedly exposed and repeatedly punished for it. If I were able to find extended highlights I am sure we would see him make further errors that went unpunished. I'm not going to spend any longer looking through SPL highlights for instances in which van Dijk has shown poor quality, especially as I feel this is more than enough to indicate he does not deserve a spot in the team and it is highly like this post is about 950 words longer than any post in favour of van Dijk (it's just under 1000 words) and far more substantial.

Pretty convincing if true. Noticed that 99% of the Van Dijk support is from Ajax/Dutch fans or SPL/Celtic fans.