Let’s talk positives of this game

BLUESBOY345
1450 posts Play-Off Hero
I know I know, there’s very few if any. However just trying to lighten up some moods before the grind of WL

I’ll start. These Toty card designs are bloody gorgeous

Comments

• OZero
    5434 posts Big Money Move
  • TopClass13
    1129 posts Professional
    I like turtles
  • alvchong
    1045 posts Professional
    I learnt how to take losses like nothing. Just play the damn game and enjoy.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5568 posts Big Money Move
    The SBC content has been mostly decent

Obviously there have been problems like icons at the start, Sancho being the wrong position, asking too much for Reus, awful FUTMAS upgrades and high requirements and a few dry days from EA but overall the content has been alright.

Daily SBCs during promos
    Flashback Pato, Juanfran, Casillas, Tevez and a couple other decent throwback cards
    Marquee matchups being consistently cheap and easy to do with decent pack rewards
    TOTY nominee SBCs
    POTM SBCs giving some solid cards for a cheap price (some have been a bust like 2POTM Reus but most have been decent)
    CL/EL RTTF SBCs - Savic, Alonso etc
    Monthly FUTSwaps offering some decent rewards too

That's honestly the only thing I can praise this game for, the gameplay and everything else is woeful but the SBCs keep me entertained.
  • TopClass13
    1129 posts Professional

Obviously there have been problems like icons at the start, Sancho being the wrong position, asking too much for Reus, awful FUTMAS upgrades and high requirements and a few dry days from EA but overall the content has been alright.

Daily SBCs during promos
    Flashback Pato, Juanfran, Casillas, Tevez and a couple other decent throwback cards
    Marquee matchups being consistently cheap and easy to do with decent pack rewards
    TOTY nominee SBCs
    POTM SBCs giving some solid cards for a cheap price (some have been a bust like 2POTM Reus but most have been decent)

That's honestly the only thing I can praise this game for, the gameplay and everything else is woeful but the SBCs keep me entertained.

Like the fish in the hook.

Flap, little fishy, flap,flap, flap....

• Brunjes_FC
    362 posts Sunday League Hero
    Weekend League reduced to 30 games, not 40.

Monthly weekend league rewards replaced with weekly red cards instead. Was on track for gold monthly twice last season and then missed an entire weekend due to travel and missed monthly gold.

Two big improvements this year.
  • I SiR MartY I
    TopClass13 wrote: »

Daily SBCs during promos
    TOTY nominee SBCs

:joy: You do know I don't play the game right? I have icons and POTM cards in my club with 0 GP, I don't spend $$$ on this garbage game either. SBCs are the only thing worth loading this dead game up for pal.
  • BLUESBOY345
    1450 posts Play-Off Hero

Daily SBCs during promos
    TOTY nominee SBCs

Solid write up man. Agree to your statements. Content did go through a dry spell at one point and have had some major **** ups but other than that it’s been probably the best aspect of this dodgy game.
  • BLUESBOY345
    1450 posts Play-Off Hero
    Brunjes_FC wrote: »
    Weekend League reduced to 30 games, not 40.

Monthly weekend league rewards replaced with weekly red cards instead. Was on track for gold monthly twice last season and then missed an entire weekend due to travel and missed monthly gold.

Two big improvements this year.

Agreed. Kudos on this. Was a major positive imo with little to no negatives about it
  • TopClass13
    1129 posts Professional

Daily SBCs during promos
    TOTY nominee SBCs

:joy: You do know I don't play the game right? I have icons and POTM cards in my club with 0 GP, I don't spend $$$ on this garbage game either. SBCs are the only thing worth loading this dead game up for pal.

So, you bought this game just to trade and collect.

That's WEIRD, man....
  • iRusty_yo
    3925 posts National Call-Up
    alvchong wrote: »

This. Win some, lose some.

I’m certain some get really annoyed and frustrated when theive spent their Christmas presents monies on FP, upgrading their teams and still losing.
  • TopClass13
    1129 posts Professional
    iRusty_yo wrote: »
    alvchong wrote: »

This. Win some, lose some.

I’m certain some get really annoyed and frustrated when theive spent their Christmas presents monies on FP, upgrading their teams and still losing.

Just because this game is based on random ****, doesn't mean we have to take it, though.

There are no positives on this abomination.
  • Swagster123
    1714 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 11
    thats it lol the card designs i thought fifa is going to die in a couple weeks apperently i was wrong
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1787 posts Play-Off Hero
    I suppose the game has been so terrible since the last 2 patches that it’s saved me a decent amount of money 🤷‍♂️
  • Swagster123
    1714 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 11
    I suppose the game has been so terrible since the last 2 patches that it’s saved me a decent amount of money 🤷‍♂️

The last 2 patches!!! EA was lying to us the whole time none of the patches fixed anything it just made the game worse and no skill gap reflexes or football IQ you just play the game and hope you score
  • jonkero
    5458 posts Big Money Move
    Love the Thursdays ;)
  • GL
    7039 posts Big Money Move
    I actually think they got passing right in this game
  • Gunnercp
    1361 posts Professional
    jonkero wrote: »
    Love the Thursdays ;)

I don't wear make up on Thursdays ;) :*
  • iRusty_yo
    3925 posts National Call-Up
    jonkero wrote: »
    Love the Thursdays ;)

You’ve been conditioned :smile:
  • Gainzy
    1068 posts Professional
    I love scoring worldies from outside the box every time I mis-time a finesse shot. Watching the whole replay is brilliant too.
  • TheFreshOne3
    1099 posts Professional
    I love when you go a goal or two down and the opponent wastes time with celebrations, replays, pressing pause, passing to back line, doing pointless skills then you beat them at the end. That’s.....that’s the stuff right there 🤤
  • JRM1984
    103 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    + Graphics
    - Gameplay/Everything else
  • Burninman
    303 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ea are making lots of money and they sleep well at night
  • I SiR MartY I

Daily SBCs during promos
    TOTY nominee SBCs

That's WEIRD, man....

I got the game to play 11v11 Pro Clubs and play a little UT. Both Clubs and UT are garbage when it comes to gameplay. Trading and SBCs are really the only thing I can actually do since I avoid playing.
  • Purplejacket
    2690 posts Fans' Favourite
    Content this year A+, gameplay F
  • TopClass13
    1129 posts Professional

Daily SBCs during promos
    TOTY nominee SBCs

That's WEIRD, man....

I got the game to play 11v11 Pro Clubs and play a little UT. Both Clubs and UT are garbage when it comes to gameplay. Trading and SBCs are really the only thing I can actually do since I avoid playing.

Fair enough then, but I wouldn't spend 60 euros in a game I wouldn't care to mess with it's main dinner plate.
  • Beta
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited January 11
    The good thing is they finally made me quit UT early with this gameplay, which is extremely braindead and frustrating to play and very bad to our health.

I've never quit so early (played 3 weeks and decided to quit and never looked back) before so thanks EA for doing such a good job.

Now I just hope they remove pro club in Fifa 20 totally so I can get rid of buying Fifa.
  • deang07
    8261 posts League Winner
    - graphics are nice i play dynamic
    - patch 1.05 was brilliant if they can get back to near that its all good again.
    - 30 games wl much better
    - some new gr8 icons
    - card designs are coll this yr imo.
  • I SiR MartY I

Daily SBCs during promos
    TOTY nominee SBCs

That's WEIRD, man....

Fair enough then, but I wouldn't spend 60 euros in a game I wouldn't care to mess with it's main dinner plate.

I game share so only pay half price for games but I know what you mean. I had hoped to play more than I have, but I honestly can't stand the game. It isn't fun playing UT facing the same squad 99% of the time that all play the same way (10 behind ball, timed finesse on the edge) and the gameplay of Pro Clubs is just horrible, there are 50+ interceptions per game, its just bundles, bad touches, teams parking the bus and 75% of players running around at 6,6 with no punishments.

EA have gotten it so wrong this year.