Fifa 19 Icon review/price discussion thread

Comments

• Chet
    487 posts An Exciting Prospect
    xHerdie wrote: »
    Snadeau wrote: »
    TOTY VVD is better than desailly, blanc, Rio, hierro by a long shot. Can’t comment against maldini as I haven’t used but believe they would be a perfect pairing. Just dominates everything.

Toty KDB is a different story. I’m sitting here directly comparing him to arguably the best midfielder in the game, gullit. Having 200+ games under his belt, stacking up to the challenge isn’t easy. Seems to me like the height and hair is the only difference. De Bruyne may have a better shot. His defense isn’t as good because his legs aren’t as long and he can’t head the ball as well.

Not comparing KDB to Gullit, how is he? I’m really holding myself back from buying him right now to ply CCAM behind CR7

It’s either I get him or 2-3 icons haha

Been thinking about KDB too, but I’m using prime dinho at CCAM. Can’t bring myself to sell him 😭
  • Snadeau
    1052 posts Professional
    TOTY VVD is better than desailly, blanc, Rio, hierro by a long shot. Can’t comment against maldini as I haven’t used but believe they would be a perfect pairing. Just dominates everything.

Toty KDB is a different story. I’m sitting here directly comparing him to arguably the best midfielder in the game, gullit. Having 200+ games under his belt, stacking up to the challenge isn’t easy. Seems to me like the height and hair is the only difference. De Bruyne may have a better shot. His defense isn’t as good because his legs aren’t as long and he can’t head the ball as well.

Not comparing KDB to Gullit, how is he? I’m really holding myself back from buying him right now to ply CCAM behind CR7

Body style is like Raul. So he’s not the most nimble, but he can hold people off. He’s fast but he’s not leaving anyone in the dust. Dribbbling is great and you shouldn’t hesitate to make skill moves. His passing is the best I’ve used this game. He finds passing lanes. Shooting is what you’d expect from 5* WF and 95+ finishing, longshot, and shot power. Doesn’t make a ton of runs (been playing him CM). But when he does, always in great position.

He’s solid in defense but doesn’t stand out. Stays on his man, but doesn’t make a ton of interceptions. May have to try a shadow on him.

I need to try him at CAM. I’m daydreaming of a midfield with gullit, de bruyne, and vieira.
  • Reus
    22225 posts Club Captain
    Socrates plays exactly how I always hoped zlatan would, but the big swede always disappointed me

Socrates on the other hand is very very good

Him and butragueno might be the best strike partnership I have used
  • xHerdie
    3976 posts National Call-Up

Body style is like Raul. So he’s not the most nimble, but he can hold people off. He’s fast but he’s not leaving anyone in the dust. Dribbbling is great and you shouldn’t hesitate to make skill moves. His passing is the best I’ve used this game. He finds passing lanes. Shooting is what you’d expect from 5* WF and 95+ finishing, longshot, and shot power. Doesn’t make a ton of runs (been playing him CM). But when he does, always in great position.

He’s solid in defense but doesn’t stand out. Stays on his man, but doesn’t make a ton of interceptions. May have to try a shadow on him.

I need to try him at CAM. I’m daydreaming of a midfield with gullit, de bruyne, and vieira.

Appreciate the input man. Grabbed one 2.29m just now so gonna give him a shot! Hopefully he doesn’t disappoint
  • Grub
    470 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Reus wrote: »
    Socrates plays exactly how I always hoped zlatan would, but the big swede always disappointed me

Socrates on the other hand is very very good

Him and butragueno might be the best strike partnership I have used

Which version I'm in the market
  • FIFANoob90
    231 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Bought Prime Cruyff and so far really love his position and finishing at ST. I played with his 91 early in the game and i feel more fluent and in control of his passing and his shooting with his prime version
  • Best CAM/CF for 1.95m?
  • Jordanlippy
    252 posts Sunday League Hero
    A
  • holdenwait
    54400 posts Ballon d'Or Winner

great to hear
  • Crop_Dust3r
    323 posts Sunday League Hero
    Whoops, accidentally listed prime Rijkard for open bid... BIN is 1.07m

Current bid is 440k with 20 mins remaining! 😟
  • holdenwait
    54400 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    edited January 11
    gorgeous chip from Best on his debut.. hat trick, dribble around the gk assist, 10.0 rating on debut :love:

• Jordanlippy
    252 posts Sunday League Hero
    Whoops, accidentally listed prime Rijkard for open bid... BIN is 1.07m

Current bid is 440k with 20 mins remaining! 😟

What did it end up going for?
  • EddieFicio
    20651 posts Club Captain
    ha032742 wrote: »
    Been a good few days B)

S9HB8Px.jpg

zGHbfMT.jpg

Loool heres me trying to gather enough for a bag of crisps :joy:

Congrats man!
  • MaltGuitar
    150 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Mc wrote: »
    Which option is best?

A. R94 & Toty mbappe strikers with gullit at cam

B. Ruud & Toty mbappe strikers with Toty Modric at cam

People who use Gullit at ST disgust me so I say A

Why bro, he has played ST with MvB in his Milan days.
  • Elias006
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park

Whats the general opinion on Middle Maldini vs Prime Blanc?
  • Finesse_4days
    6350 posts Big Money Move
    Icons have rebounded quite nicely since the panic selling yesterday, the Prime Best that I picked up for 1.423 mill has sold for 1.73mill overnight., the 220k profit on him is welcome after all the losses I have had on other icons recently.
  • Roc_Xel
    367 posts Sunday League Hero
    Guys has anyone played with both Euseb 89 and Euseb 93 ?

Contemplating the change to the prime but i LOVE the baby so much that I am reluctant. Must find as good a card ^^. Is it a true upgrade ? Seems so as per the stats save for a few things... any advice appreciated, thanks
  • WonderMouse
    1988 posts Fans' Favourite
    MaltGuitar wrote: »
    Mc wrote: »
    Which option is best?

A. R94 & Toty mbappe strikers with gullit at cam

B. Ruud & Toty mbappe strikers with Toty Modric at cam

People who use Gullit at ST disgust me so I say A

Why bro, he has played ST with MvB in his Milan days.

You spend the extra mill or two over other Icons because he's so well rounded, he is so unique in midfield I feel it's a waste to play him at ST. Should be played between CDM to CAm imo but ideal spot is CM
  • Spudd1998 wrote: »
    Best CAM/CF for 1.95m?

• Sjaban
    544 posts An Exciting Prospect
    So just saw a fresh 91 Cruyff for 2,253 so pulled the trigger on him 😄
  • Crazy Creaky Jr
    2318 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sjaban wrote: »
    So just saw a fresh 91 Cruyff for 2,253 so pulled the trigger on him 😄

Missed one for 2.05 yesterday because I didnt had enough coins ffs
  • McDaddy
    304 posts Sunday League Hero
    ***Important question***

Does Ronaldinho have his signature freekick technique that was in the past FIFA when he wasn't an icon?
  • As the wide CAM in 4-2-3-1 (probably the right side), which of the following should I go for?

90 Stoichkov
    88 Best
    90 Figo
    89 Nedved
  • Scutch
    9846 posts Has That Special Something
    Best chem style for Cruyff? Engine to increase balance?
  • ScruffyDogBurger
    3223 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 11
    Elias006 wrote: »

Whats the general opinion on Middle Maldini vs Prime Blanc?

Maldini is who I'm using
  • GL
    5870 posts Big Money Move
    Scutch wrote: »

Hunter
  • Scutch
    GL wrote: »

Hunter

Wow I put Hunter on using the Futbin app and he loses a lot more in-game stats than using other chem styles. Looked like one of the worst to use.

Yet it’s the most popular.
  • GL
    5870 posts Big Money Move

Hunter

Wow I put Hunter on using the Futbin app and he loses a lot more in-game stats than using other chem styles. Looked like one of the worst to use.

Despite the stats he really doesn’t need a dribbling boost. Physical boost have no effect.

For a player like him it’s best to maximises acceleration and shot power
  • Scutch

Hunter

Despite the stats he really doesn’t need a dribbling boost. Physical boost have no effect.

For a player like him it’s best to maximises acceleration and shot power

Cool. The balance stat is included within dribbling and that’s what needs upgraded so Engine would work. But will try Hunter as I’ve got a few of both cards. Cheers.
  • Cantona84
    7497 posts League Winner
    Prime Best is fantastic! Playing him on top and he is on fire. That is all.