EA claim this is the same as patch 5 (1.05) . No chance! WE DEMAND IT GETS REINSTATED!

OfficerJimlahey
1357 posts Professional
edited January 10
That’s right, @EA_Andy claimed in a thread that nothing was changed regarding passing, dribbling, auto defending, auto blocking and stamin from patch 5. Apparently they’ve done tests! It’s all in our heads according to the Devs. This isn’t a stab at you Andy, you’re one of the few that actually communicate with us and I’ve no doubt you are just following orders.

Im sure we can all say with absolute certainty that this isn’t the same as patch 5, patch 5 was actually an excellent representation of football. What we have now is a shambles and an embarrassment to football, auto blocks, no fluidity, lazy defending etc etc. Even @Pieman25, who is notoriously pro EA thinks this version is totally different (sorry pieman, not throwing you under a bus here)

Now there are two positions to take, there is no middle ground as far as I’m concerned. The first (and what I hope it is) : EA made a mistake, accidentally deleted the patch that fixed the issues and haven’t been able to recover it/haven’t realised their error.

The other position to take (much more grim but more likely): they’ve lied to us all, they’ve mugged us all off and intentionally insulted our intelligence and showed us no respect! They’ve dumbed the game down in order to maximise the new player market and have discarded the wishes of the loyal fans which built this franchise. This is not patch 5, this is a million miles away. The idea that they can claim it’s the same is frankly insulting and shows a brazen attitude towards lying to the fan base.

We should not stand for this. This is an outrage and for once I urge us to stick together and take back control of the direction this game is heading in!

Comments

• Chadi1982
    145 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I thought they just change it to frustrate you before TOTY.. so you go buy buy buy 😁
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1357 posts Professional
    Chadi1982 wrote: »
    I thought they just change it to frustrate you before TOTY.. so you go buy buy buy 😁

Had the opposite effect with me. I’m a willing spender and was happy to spend money on patch 5. I vowed not to spend a single penny on this tripe they have served us

• Chadi1982
    It feels a little better some days, but still bad. I even looked up timed finishing 😔 because of it!! Though im optimistic ill win 20 + on weekend league 😮
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1357 posts Professional
    Winning isn’t the issue for me, it’s football. It’s more than a simple win or loss. I haven’t played for 3 weeks. Built a team because I had 2.9 million sat there, thought now was a good time to build. Played 3 games, won 3 had absolutely zero enjoyment. It’s forced, it’s not fluid and it’s easily exploitable. We shouldn’t accept this
  • JURITO1000
    941 posts Professional
    when patch 1.05 came out i went 500 skill points up in 2 days ,i won from 10 matches at least 7-8. After one week came another patch and they completely canceled the 1.05 and i went back 500 points where i been stucked before....and he say its in our heads....in thousands of people head
  • SPN1987
    1354 posts Professional
    Game felt pretty much the same to me all year. It's just that overhead kicks got nerfed. I'm not sure about what they changed about anything else since release.
  • alvchong
    512 posts An Exciting Prospect
    JURITO1000 wrote: »
    when patch 1.05 came out i went 500 skill points up in 2 days ,i won from 10 matches at least 7-8. After one week came another patch and they completely canceled the 1.05 and i went back 500 points where i been stucked before....and he say its in our heads....in thousands of people head

i only notice that after u said so. i also experienced that, i told myself other improved their skill that's why i am dropping. lucky i stopped FP after the first week of the game.
  • Slawter
    3745 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 11
    Who's "we" in this scenario, i'm intrigued. Seems like it's just you. Don't mean to be awkward just.. yeah

(Also lol at pie being thought of as "pro-EA", he's pro-the game if it's good)
  • Chadi1982
    True.. i did get Pro evo 19 and while its still not got enough to beat fifa. What it does have is satisfaction.

How many times on fifa do you score great goals and just skip the replay???
    Score a goal outside the box on pro evo and you feel so happy!! Still has its flaws of course, but Fifa is just a noob fest.
  • deang07
    7912 posts League Winner
    not going into detail but the game is a million miles away from patch 1.05 atm.
    patch 1.05 was a massive step fw and very enjoyable since then its gone well off the rails
  • Antiseen
    1143 posts Professional
    Slawter wrote: »
    Who's "we" in this scenario, i'm intrigued. Seems like it's just you. Don't mean to be awkward just.. yeah

(Also lol at pie being thought of as "pro-EA", he's pro-the game if it's good)

It’s not just him. WE are the part of community who want this game to be playable and enjoyable, not just desire-less running around with cdm and doing no look finesse shots.
  • Antiseen
    1143 posts Professional
    deang07 wrote: »
    patch 1.05 was a massive step fw and very enjoyable since then its gone well off the rails

@EA_Andy you still think that Issue is just in our heads, and 1.05 patch haven’t been undone?

We are not idiots, we play this game too much to not notice such an influential changes ingame
  • OZero
    4150 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 11
    Antiseen wrote: »

@EA_Andy you still think that Issue is just in our heads, and 1.05 patch haven’t been undone?

We are not idiots, we play this game too much to not notice such an influential changes ingame

He got no authority or permission to say the patch has been undone.
  • Empyrium7
    1644 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 11
    SPN1987 wrote: »
    Game felt pretty much the same to me all year. It's just that overhead kicks got nerfed. I'm not sure about what they changed about anything else since release.

What about facing the keeper and first time finesse? Tbf it was way worst in the first two months
    But I agree. Even with patch 1.05 the AI was still OP and bailing a lot of people out including me. Reflections and rebounds were awful and still awful in all patches.
    Manual defending is useless. They made it not rewarding to defend. People were running with CDMs (Fabinho amd Kante) and still running and not touching the CBs.
    The game were launched broken and it's still broken and doesn't reward playing proper football.
    I agree with the OP that patch 1.05 were the best between all patches. They were heading in the right direction but the nerf wasn't big enough.
    Post edited by Empyrium7 on
  • bigpokey24
    4731 posts Big Money Move
    Fifa 19 is trash...finesse, none stop, time shooting is the only way to score as well as AI defense...if you manually tackle or move your defenders. You lose... this game is a massive Epic fail
  • James Libby
    4127 posts National Call-Up
    I have a feeling this thread is going to do BIG things around here.
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1357 posts Professional
    Dronegan wrote: »
    The game is garbage and has been from day 1.
    I cant really tell what patches have changed since i feel the game gets worse for each week that goes.

But really its a lost cause. The community complains then goes and spends 2x the amount game costed on packs. Gets nothing in packs, complains again and then repeats the cycle.

EA are not stupid, their goal is to make money not great games. They have noticed long time ago the more frustrating the game is the more people spend on packs.

They have failed to patch timed finesse shots several times, why is that?
    Because EA earn huge amounts of money of the frustration.
    In order to win games you need specific meta players, ive never played a Fifa where everyone has either POTM hazard or neymar at the left side. Mbappe obviously on the right etc.

We have allowed EA to run this game in this stage for 5 months now and yet they are setting a new record in loot box (packs) sale.
    Fifa20 will be even worse.

100% correct. I can’t think of a single other gaming community that would stand for this. The community dictates what stays and goes with all other games. Somehow we have to put up with this treatment. We’ve let it go on for too long. Lying about what’s been changed in patches is scandalous!

• OfficerJimlahey
    1357 posts Professional

Exactly! I can’t believe they even think they can get away with. They’re taking us for idiots
  • Gainzy
    731 posts Semi-Pro
    When you’ve got big you tubers that usually have their nose up ea’s butt crack saying how bad this game is, you know it’s bad.

I said in week 1 that this game was beyond patchable because of the core mechanics of the AI and the quality of the gameplay on these servers. Timed finesse shots can’t be nerfed as it’s the only way to score against this AI when the servers are lagging. Playing 20 odd 0-0’s every weekend would be even less fun than what we have now.

It’s a mess, a big mess.

I couldn’t sit here and tell you I thought EA had done this on purpose or that they deliberately make the game frustrating - from a business perspective it makes sense to want people to enjoy your product as they will come back for more and so will everyone else.

Look how fortnite exploded, and that wasn’t because they shafted their customer base.

What is unacceptable is the communication between EA and the people that they’ve essentially made a bad game for, their loyal fan base. I don’t think they can fix this mess, but burying your head in the sand and not admitting the problems is not the right way to respect the people who buy the game.

• Janscharie
    278 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have a feeling this thread is going to do BIG things around here.

To quote a international leader:

We are goeing to need a great, great patch
  • Koolfashion
    2160 posts Fans' Favourite
    We want the transparency and honesty from one of the worst gaming companies out there when you consider ratings, and what community says.

Patch where they fixed tackling etc. was brilliant. They surely reversed it. Or 99,9% of players are delusional.
  • I'm so fed up with all these excuses from EA. EA needs to understand, that we are their customers and you don't treat your cutstomers like this. It is so annoying to read pure ignorance from Zaro and Corey on Twitter. No EST for an urgently needed patch, because EA is too busy to prepare TOTY Packs.

• abcdefg123
    643 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Funny that everybody thinks patch 5 was great now. Where were you all at the time? All i seen was a load of people crying about it 😠
  • Anarki301
    204 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    If I remember correctly, after that patch, patch 5, they were talking about doing something about shooting, not sure what exactly, but knowing EA practices they, maybe, felt that the shooting was way too overpowered after patch 5 (with nerfed blocks from ai controlled players), so, they decided to undo the patch until they can sort the shooting and then maybe roll on all the changes together, to keep the game more balanced, I mean balanced in their own view.

Anyway, just a possibility, even though as more time passes it is less likely that this could be the case, or, they really need a lot more time for those fixes about shooting then they originally thought, who knows, at least I hope that this might be the case, or something similar, and that eventually we will still see the good changes from patch 5.

OT: I wasn't really happy with the game even after that patch, but it was somewhat better.
  • BiigDee
    4287 posts National Call-Up
    What ever happend to the Customer Is Always Right??

These Canadians know as much about Customer Service as they do Football.
  • KRANG00
    1289 posts Professional
    The fact they are totally denying anything changed last patch is worrying. If they are claiming nothings changed (when anyone who plays the game can clearly tell it has), then the next patch won't mention all the problems or fix them!

Got a bad feeling i'm waiting to come back to a patch that will never happen
  • Futfanatic
    9707 posts League Winner
    Which patch do we have now? And since when? I can't keep up anymore.
  • FifaProDK
    373 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's FIFA 19 i say again 19!

They made this game year in year out we have patch 5 now you say and the game is trash.

Why do people still think EA can ''repair'' this game?
  • abcdefg123
    643 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    Which patch do we have now? And since when? I can't keep up anymore.

Pretty sure it's 1.7