How do I stop players turning and finessing?

Juked By Neymar
3437 posts National Call-Up
Absolutely killing me right now, forwards at the top of the box get the ball, turn and finesse. I can't seem to get enough pressure on them from either my CB's or the CM's coming back and it's a goal 90% of the time, DDG isn't saving any finesse shots in the corner from decent players

Need some tips :|

Comments

• kraid
    1947 posts Play-Off Hero
    you cant, its broken. all you can do is move your keeper as soon as the pass is played
  • Juked By Neymar
    kraid wrote: »
    you cant, its broken. all you can do is move your keeper as soon as the pass is played

Sicccck
  • Satch85
    1041 posts Professional
    It’s so frustrating, been on the end of a couple of whoopings tonight and 90% goals I conceded have been this type of shot! EA should fix it, but it’s the players that completely ruin this game for me, win at all costs bollocks
  • JayyThunder
    4174 posts National Call-Up
    manually defend and jockey
  • Juked By Neymar
    manually defend and jockey

been trying this and feel like my CB's won't get close enough to the forward to even try and take the ball and thus can't block the shot either
  • jonkero
    5140 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 10
    Jockey + gk movement. It's a shame but yeah.

Also aggressive interceptions on my CDMS seem to work. Just drop back, sit back & let the AI do the work for you. Again, it's a shame but yeah
  • Juked By Neymar
    jonkero wrote: »

Also aggressive interceptions on my CDMS seem to work. Just drop back, sit back & let the AI do the work for you. Again, it's a shame but yeah

will try this I suppose, not like my CDM's aren't out of stamina by the 70th minute anyways half the time :sweat_smile:
  • Dronegan
    992 posts Professional
    Satch85 wrote: »
    It’s so frustrating, been on the end of a couple of whoopings tonight and 90% goals I conceded have been this type of shot! EA should fix it, but it’s the players that completely ruin this game for me, win at all costs bollocks

Ive been playing 451 (2 cams 1 cdm) for almost 2 weeks now.
    Going completely of meta and actually not going for any finesse shots.
    Its been great fun and im actually managing to score 1-2 at least each game from inside the box.

But every opponent i play just goes 100% for timed finesse shots.
    No one wants to play, like barely anyone have players in the opponents box anymore.
    All instructed to stay around the box and then they turn left,right,left,right with thei back to my goal, a few drag backs and shoot finesse.

Doesnt mather that i play super offensivly, have only 1 CM its finesse shot galore. At least ive managed to stay in div2 without abusing the game and im pretty happy with that.

Im giving EA one last patch to fix this else im out for a while.

• Renamed123456
    3881 posts National Call-Up
    2 footer in full sprint through the back of em

Take everything. Including the ref if possible
  • L4MP5
    138 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    jonkero wrote: »

that right there is why this game is so ****. I have to use finesse to score because most of the little punks on this game play drop back and use sweaty ai defending and then counter attack. It would be a joke if EA fixed the finesse shots without sorting out the pathetic ai defending first.
  • L4MP5
    138 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    oh and I don't play drop back. I prefer to play the ball into the opponents box or do skills but there is always 10 men to get past sitting on the edge or inside the opponents box. rinse and repeat every game
  • Gainzy
    943 posts Professional
    Have one of your cdm’s just jockey around in the finesse zone, just mark the space not the passing lane or players. I hardly ever concede finesses unless I’m up against someone very good.
  • limjitwe
    6459 posts Big Money Move
    Gainzy wrote: »
    Have one of your cdm’s just jockey around in the finesse zone, just mark the space not the passing lane or players. I hardly ever concede finesses unless I’m up against someone very good.

Do this. Just station your CDMs there. It should help but not 100%
  • delpieroalex
    364 posts Sunday League Hero
    limjitwe wrote: »
    Gainzy wrote: »

Do this. Just station your CDMs there. It should help but not 100%

This..cdm plus jockey can reduce the number of finesse shots on target but there will be a few going through ur defences.
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    I don't think you can stop the inner cut first time finesse shot from CDM to CAM/ST if you miss a tackle and give his CDM space to pass
  • klaas9
    853 posts Professional
    edited January 11
    backline not too deep and agile cdm’s chasing around before your defence (kante, nainggo)

also 5 atb saves some but again the finesse shots need to be nerfed
  • Cortza
    769 posts Professional
    Fight fire with fire.

I'm not a timed finesse kinda guy. You're lucky I try one, maybe two each game which is realistic in terms of real life football.

Last night I played a guy who was as sweaty as they come. Constant AI defending, spam finesse shots and constantly moving his keeper.

I thought screw it and unleashed hell, fire and brimstone after conceding several finesse goals. I started finesse shooting with FUTmas KdB and whenever he would move his keeper, I would just smash them front post.

Now normally when I go 2 or 3 up, I hang back and try to preserve my players fitness. Not this time, I was relentless and smashed 7 past him. Hopefully he learnt an important lesson that finesse shooting is frustrating and should never be spammed!!
  • Swagster123
    1709 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 11
    you can stop it to certain extent but once you figure that out all their going to do is spam crosses and then the one time you leave a little space open its finesse and gameover try to move your keeper as well
  • Pnub
    355 posts Sunday League Hero
    At least you had a striker do it to you.
    Davinson Sanchez well outside the box contained then turn and finesse score and then to top it off does it again with his weak foot gotta love this game. 40 finishing and 44 long shots and two outside the box goals there is your realism EA.
    I haven't spent the time figuring out timed finesse but maybe i should just join the dark side.