Tottenham S1 | End of January

Comments

• Stlducks
    1444 posts Professional
    WqtnFMg.png
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Another convicing victory for Spurs. It seems it wasn't the easy game that the score suggests, the draw before half time was fundamental in the game. Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool are still around despite the brilliant results and Bournemouth are doing great, although it is to expect that they will fall at some point of the year. Arsenal is a ruin at this point... terrible season for them.

In Germany, the dictatorship of Bayern never see an end, while in LaLiga, Real Madrid are flying, while Atlético and Barcelona look terrible... In the case of Barcelona, we must go really far backwards (beginning of the 2000s) to see such a poor league performance.

• JoshDFC
    2018 posts Fans' Favourite
    Things are looking tight at the top there nice mid season review of all the leagues as well.
  • Stlducks
    1444 posts Professional
    subpop wrote: »
    Another convicing victory for Spurs. It seems it wasn't the easy game that the score suggests, the draw before half time was fundamental in the game. Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool are still around despite the brilliant results and Bournemouth are doing great, although it is to expect that they will fall at some point of the year. Arsenal is a ruin at this point... terrible season for them.

In Germany, the dictatorship of Bayern never see an end, while in LaLiga, Real Madrid are flying, while Atlético and Barcelona look terrible... In the case of Barcelona, we must go really far backwards (beginning of the 2000s) to see such a poor league performance.

This is my second career mode in FIFA 2019 and Arsenal have been terrible in both. Not that I'm complaining. 😀 I expect Man City and Liverpool to improve as they both started out poor but have come on really strong as of late.

Bayern are slowly pulling away in Bundesliga but you are right, the surprise is La Liga. I did not expect this gap between Madrid and Barca at this point.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Things are looking tight at the top there nice mid season review of all the leagues as well.

Not even midseason yet! The league is really tight with a handful of teams which makes it very exciting.
  • Stlducks
    1444 posts Professional
    waxUx1m.png
  • Stlducks
    1444 posts Professional
    edited January 12
    PxgQywA.png
    Watch: Full match hightlights
    Rt2v1b8.png
    Post edited by Stlducks on
  • subpop
    Fantastic victory against a direct rival. In the first half, Spurs rolled over Chelsea, who also lost Hazard. Everything seemed to go smoothly, but everything changed in the second half. I don't know the reason for such a change, but Chelsea could tie the game. When the 2-2 seemed to be the final result, Kane came up with another miracle. Not only leaders... solid leaders! Brilliant.
  • JoshDFC
    The team almost let a comfortable lead slip but they kept their composure and managed to score another goal. They say your most Vulnerable when you score and it proved with Chelsea thinking they had snatched a point
  • Stlducks
    1444 posts Professional
    Fantastic victory against a direct rival. In the first half, Spurs rolled over Chelsea, who also lost Hazard. Everything seemed to go smoothly, but everything changed in the second half. I don't know the reason for such a change, but Chelsea could tie the game. When the 2-2 seemed to be the final result, Kane came up with another miracle. Not only leaders... solid leaders! Brilliant.

As strange as it sounds, losing Hazard made Chelsea harder to defend against. Hazard was playing as a striker and would get the ball at midfield where I was able to tackle him to stop the attack since no other Chelsea players were around you help. Once Hazard went off, Chelsea started playing down the wings where Willian killed me most of the half.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    The team almost let a comfortable lead slip but they kept their composure and managed to score another goal. They say your most Vulnerable when you score and it proved with Chelsea thinking they had snatched a point

Very good point. Chelsea seemed slow to react when I was passing the ball around before the cross. Losing focus and expecting the point is the most likely reason.
  • Danimal5981
    2177 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 10
    Pochettino recently said: "Our mentality, our way of working needs to change, otherwise we will never become a regular trophy-contender. Because until now, the 4-5 years that I'm here it's pretty much the same. You might win an incidental trophy, but on the long run it's not getting us nearer to a league or cup win."

I don't know if it was meant as a political warning shot (meaning: 'beware, I could want to go to Man U') but under your leadership, I'd say Spurs have made the switch. It takes strong mentality to win this in the dying seconds, while being caught for most of the second half. Good stuff.
    Post edited by Danimal5981 on
  • subpop
    Pochettino recently said: "Our mentality, our way of working needs to change, otherwise we will never become a regular trophy-contender. Because until now, the 4-5 years that I'm here it's pretty much the same. You might win an incidental trophy, but on the long run it's getting us nearer to league of cup win."

I don't know if it was meant as a political warning shot (meaning: 'beware, I could want to go to Man U') but under your leadership, I'd say Spurs have made the switch. It takes strong mentality to win this in the dying seconds, while being caught for most of the second half. Good stuff.

In real life he is preparing his way out. The funny thing is that he says that 'a change of mentality is required', when I guess that he wants money to fight against City, Chelsea or United. Fair enough... still Spurs used to sell their Modric or Bale and now they are able to retain talent. If he asks for more money, he asks for impossible things... and he knows that. If not, if he asks for a change in mentality, I suppose he blames himself for it...

As I believe he was very tempted by Real Madrid last summer, I think he is just opening the door to this possibility (or Man U).

Definitely the Poch of this story is way more loyal and better manager than the real one. ;)
  • Stlducks
    1444 posts Professional
    Pochettino recently said: "Our mentality, our way of working needs to change, otherwise we will never become a regular trophy-contender. Because until now, the 4-5 years that I'm here it's pretty much the same. You might win an incidental trophy, but on the long run it's not getting us nearer to a league or cup win."

Poch is hard to read as one day he says this then the next he says Spurs need to stay on the path they are on and trophies will come. The frustrating thing about Spurs in real life is that they have the talent to win games like I am in this career but for some reason fall short. Depending on the outcome of the group in UCL on this career, major changes might be coming in the near future....
  • Stlducks
    1444 posts Professional
    Pochettino recently said: "Our mentality, our way of working needs to change, otherwise we will never become a regular trophy-contender. Because until now, the 4-5 years that I'm here it's pretty much the same. You might win an incidental trophy, but on the long run it's getting us nearer to league of cup win."

In real life he is preparing his way out. The funny thing is that he says that 'a change of mentality is required', when I guess that he wants money to fight against City, Chelsea or United. Fair enough... still Spurs used to sell their Modric or Bale and now they are able to retain talent. If he asks for more money, he asks for impossible things... and he knows that. If not, if he asks for a change in mentality, I suppose he blames himself for it...

As I believe he was very tempted by Real Madrid last summer, I think he is just opening the door to this possibility (or Man U).

Definitely the Poch of this story is way more loyal and better manager than the real one. ;)

Is the Poch in this story more loyal? Only 1/3 into the season, for now things are going well but if the season takes a negative turn (fall to UEL, not win a trophy) changes could be coming.

On a related note: I do not think Poch will go to United and this past week close sources and Spurs journalists all said United is not a concern but Real Madrid is. Poch was hinting at a move away then his good friend Jose Mourinho was rumored to be after the Madrid job, the very next day Poch went on his long rant about staying with Spurs for 20 years. So it is very hard to read him.
  • Danimal5981
    2177 posts Fans' Favourite
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Poch is hard to read...

Because, maybe he uses the team as a metaphor to himself.

Remember, he has made every team he managed better, he also has won no trophies yet with any of those teams. Granted, Espanyol and 'ampton are not the teams to do it with, but I believe in a date of expiration for any manager at any team and Poch is getting close to his at Spurs.

• Stlducks
    1444 posts Professional
    voBFyOI.png
  • subpop
    Important... very important game ahead.
  • Hey Guys what tactics and formation are you using? looks to be having results.
  • DB1512
    305 posts Sunday League Hero
    Very interesting story with the introduction of the financial householding regarding to the new stadium. Really like the signing of Cook, who could be an important midfield player one day for Spurs. Fantastic victory against Chelsea, luckily you scored that late winner and kept the top position in the league.
  • Stlducks
    1444 posts Professional
    WANPABLO23 wrote: »
    Hey Guys what tactics and formation are you using? looks to be having results.

I switch depending on who I'm playing and what players are starting. Normally I play 442 diamond with right and left backs attacking and a CDM staying back to defend.
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Very interesting story with the introduction of the financial householding regarding to the new stadium. Really like the signing of Cook, who could be an important midfield player one day for Spurs. Fantastic victory against Chelsea, luckily you scored that late winner and kept the top position in the league.

Thank you, I'm not sure the amount I am planning on saving for the stadium but the first few seasons will for sure be tight budget wise.
  • Stlducks
    1444 posts Professional
    edited January 12
    PxgQywA.png
    Watch: Full match hightlights
    YQqZz4g.png
    Post edited by Stlducks on
  • El_Nino
    2944 posts Fans' Favourite
    Great thread I’m loving the detail! Hope you keep it going for multiple seasons it would be a fantastic read!
    Tough result against Dortmund, good in the sense that spurs came from behind 3 times to get the point, but will make the final match against PSG a tough one!
  • subpop
    Saved by another late goal. The team have a great attacking power, but sometimes conceed too much in defense. I think PSV will drop points in the game against Dortmund, but Spurs should avoid the defeat against PSG... and it won't be an easy game. That draw against PSV still hurts...
  • JoshDFC
    Man this last game is crucial you might need Dortmund to do you a favour but then again the game means nothing for them what will there motivation by like against PSV
  • Stlducks
    1444 posts Professional
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Great thread I’m loving the detail! Hope you keep it going for multiple seasons it would be a fantastic read!
    Tough result against Dortmund, good in the sense that spurs came from behind 3 times to get the point, but will make the final match against PSG a tough one!

Thank you, the plan is to play this career out a few years but I can't guarantee Poch sticks around. It all depends on results.
  • Stlducks
    1444 posts Professional
    @subpop and @Joshdfc

I'm hoping Dortmund can do me a favor and get a win or a point but I cannot plan on that after PSV won in Paris. @subpop is right, the draw to PSV was crucial. At the time I didn't think too much of it as I thought they would lose to PSG and I would get a point against Dortmund but things have changed.

The defense needs to step up against PSG. Bailly is back and healthy now so I'm thinking of playing a 523 or a 532 instead of the 442.
  • Stlducks
    1444 posts Professional
    PxgQywA.png
    Watch: Spurs v Saints
    DAetc8R.png
  • Stlducks
    1444 posts Professional
    PxgQywA.png
    Watch: Leicester v Spurs
    E3vaDq4.png
  • JoshDFC
    Two dominant wins the team really seem to thrive the longer the game goes on maybe they are all super fit r maybe the style or play wears the opponent down either way the second in both games the team has destroyed the rival
  • Stlducks
    1444 posts Professional
    56KLOhv.png
  • DB1512
    305 posts Sunday League Hero
    From the neutral point of view a great game against Dortmund! From Spurs' perspective not a very good result so it will all depent on the game against PSG. Will you keep the French below with a draw? After the European match two easy wins in the league with a lot of goals and cleansheets, wonder if you can keep going on this way. I agree with Sherwood on Poch his current situations, althought I wonder if one trophy will could brake the spell.