EA - consider guaranteed minimum rated players in promo/expensive packs

Stevo_CT
2894 posts National Call-Up
edited January 9
Countless posts around pack weights, cost of packs, gambling, and just general dissatisfaction.

Would being guaranteed a minimum rated player in promo/large/expensive packs not be a possible option?

Here are a few examples:-

Jumbo rare player pack - costs 100k - 24 rare players - guaranteed at least one 87 or higher rated player
Ultimate pack - costs 125k - 30 rare players - guaranteed at least one 88 or higher rater player
Rare mega pack - costs 55k - 30 rare players & consumables - guaranteed at least one 85 or higher rated player

This current pack situation is just downright unfair. For every 1 person pulling a high rated player/icon/TOTY, there are hundreds of thousands seeing Kagawa, Wernbloom and Rafael's faces popping up in expensive packs.

I don't spend money on this game, and I am genuinely not posting this due to my own good or poor pack history, I am simply providing a possible solution to what is evidently a gigantic problem.

Anyway, this is my ten cents, I know there is no silver bullet that ensure EA continues to satisfy shareholders and keep FIFA customers happy, but lately these forums seem to be just an outlet for abuse towards EA for the most part, and its really not a good advertisement for EA either.

Ps... I fully expect to pack a TOTY card with my last 15k, hint hint. ;)

Comments

• Glupi86
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    "Ultimate pack - costs 125k - 30 rare players - guaranteed at least one 88 or higher rater player"
    :D :D :D
  • Idek
    10081 posts Has That Special Something
    Would it really make you feel that much better to get an 88 rated card that is worth 20k because everybody is getting a guaranteed one
  • jplumber
    1427 posts Play-Off Hero
    That means your 88 rated player essential cost 25 quid - bargain! I think that'd be a start but I want loot boxes to disappear altogether.
  • Glupi86
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    do not have to think hard to understand that EA has no intention of increasing the chances of getting good players? People addicted to open packs will continue to buy thousands of fifa points even if they only get kagawas in the 125k packages always hoping to pack an icon or CR7.

Maybe if they did what you suggest, people would spend less on FP.
  • maksi
    6594 posts Big Money Move
    Why would they do that if current system makes them more money, that's not how business works.
  • senaffc
    1155 posts Professional
    Just stop spending your money on this game, come on dudes it is not that hard.
  • Stevo_CT
    Idek wrote: »
    Would it really make you feel that much better to get an 88 rated card that is worth 20k because everybody is getting a guaranteed one

My thinking is more around that should you decide to get a pack, that you won't be so peeved off with EA when you don't pull TOTY CR7, and that your expectations are more realistic when you receive whatever rated player is guaranteed.

ps.. 10 cheapest 88 rated players

Hugo Lloris 88 32,250

Gianluigi Buffon 88 33,250

Samir Handanovic 88 33,250

Casemiro 88 34,500

James Rodriguez 88 34,750

Sergio Busquets 88 35,000

Gonzalo Higuain 88 35,000

Thiago Silva 88 36,250

Lorenzo Insigne 88 36,250

Coutinho 88 37,250
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14331 posts Has That Special Something
    Countless posts around pack weights, cost of packs, gambling, and just general dissatisfaction.

Would being guaranteed a minimum rated player in promo/large/expensive packs not be a possible option?

Here are a few examples:-

Jumbo rare player pack - costs 100k - 24 rare players - guaranteed at least one 87 or higher rated player
    Ultimate pack - costs 125k - 30 rare players - guaranteed at least one 88 or higher rater player
    Rare mega pack - costs 55k - 30 rare players & consumables - guaranteed at least one 85 or higher rated player

This current pack situation is just downright unfair. For every 1 person pulling a high rated player/icon/TOTY, there are hundreds of thousands seeing Kagawa, Wernbloom and Rafael's faces popping up in expensive packs.

I don't spend money on this game, and I am genuinely not posting this due to my own good or poor pack history, I am simply providing a possible solution to what is evidently a gigantic problem.

Anyway, this is my ten cents, I know there is no silver bullet that ensure EA continues to satisfy shareholders and keep FIFA customers happy, but lately these forums seem to be just an outlet for abuse towards EA for the most part, and its really not a good advertisement for EA either.

Ps... I fully expect to pack a TOTY card with my last 15k, hint hint. ;)

You kidding right?
  • Stevo_CT
    jplumber wrote: »
    That means your 88 rated player essential cost 25 quid - bargain! I think that'd be a start but I want loot boxes to disappear altogether.

Loot boxes will most only disappear when regulation is enforced in the largest markets. I am keeping this current.
  • HullCity1904
    1873 posts Fans' Favourite

Considering SBCs are a huge part of the game, yes
  • Idek
    10081 posts Has That Special Something

My thinking is more around that should you decide to get a pack, that you won't be so peeved off with EA when you don't pull TOTY CR7, and that your expectations are more realistic when you receive whatever rated player is guaranteed.

Hugo Lloris 88 32,250

Casemiro 88 34,500

Thiago Silva 88 36,250

Coutinho 88 37,250

The current price of 88 players is irrelevant, if they were guaranteed in every single ultimate pack opened they would be dirt cheap because of the extra supply
  • Stevo_CT

Hugo Lloris 88 32,250

Casemiro 88 34,500

Thiago Silva 88 36,250

Coutinho 88 37,250

The current price of 88 players is irrelevant, if they were guaranteed in every single ultimate pack opened they would be dirt cheap because of the extra supply

I think you are missing the point, (my opinion), where there should be some minimum guarantee when spending on packs, exactly what rating player for each pack is highly debatable, these are merely suggestions.

Yes, the prices would drop, this would need to be considered too.
  • madwullie
    4144 posts National Call-Up
    88s would be as cheap as 84s. Hundreds of thousands of 100k packs are opened. If every one of them had an 88 (or better in it?). We'd either all have God squads within 2 weeks a la world cup fut, or the market would be absolutely devastated and we'd all have God squads within a month.

This is a ridiculous idea that would solve nothing.
  • delpieroalex
    364 posts Sunday League Hero
    this would really became P2W
  • DicaniosGod
    4937 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 9
    Pack weight was so much better a few yes ago, 12,13 etc. EA are just greedy, and don’t give a hoot about the players!.....They never will either, unless there’s a decent alternative!!
  • jplumber
    1427 posts Play-Off Hero
    maksi wrote: »
    Why would they do that if current system makes them more money, that's not how business works.

Legislation will force then to change their lot box approach so they won't have a choice - where to go from there though?
  • deang07
    8017 posts League Winner
    although packs are bad , guaranteed high rated cards in packs will kill them in market so itl be the same as packing an 85 price wise anyway .
  • RadioShaq
    14878 posts Moderator
    It must be hard to balance. On one hand I don’t even think you should be able to spend money let alone be rewarded for it. People need a safe way to spend though as they want the option.

People who play the game should be the ones guaranteed something.

Then you also have the fear of wc where if people get to many good players they get bored and quit.

Some years I have spent money some I haven’t so been on both sides and not sure how they should balance it to make both happy.
  • pekkaa88
    6024 posts Big Money Move
    As far as the pack weight is the same for everyone it really shouldnt matter what it is.. If its improved and you pack good ****, your opponent will pack good ****.. Then you both have good **** teams and nothing has changed..

Its all relative..
  • maksi
    edited January 9
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    People who play the game should be the ones guaranteed something.
    this is what EA get it wrong, i should be able to get end game icons and players just by playing a lot

right now it's not possible without heavy trading and/or buying fifa points

microtransactions should be an option not a necessity
  • maksi
    Fut swap cards should be more rewarding to counter those who spend money or trade.
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    Glupi86 wrote: »
    "Ultimate pack - costs 125k - 30 rare players - guaranteed at least one 88 or higher rater player"
    :D :D :D

Do you think it’s ok for a pack worth 20 pounds to have an 82?
  • maksi
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    Do you think it’s ok for a pack worth 20 pounds to have an 82?
    you could ask vice versa, is it fair to get 88+ player or icon for just 20 pounds but you have to play grind a lot of games to get such amount of coins

• DrMac95
    201 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I don't understand peoples problems, I absolutely love opening packs, getting 1/2 amazing players in one year is good enough for me, if everyone were packing the best players the game would be in the same position it ends up after TOTS except this would be all year round, these players should be hard to pack otherwise there'd be no grind and nobody would care a week after launch.
  • maksi
    DrMac95 wrote: »
    I don't understand peoples problems, I absolutely love opening packs, getting 1/2 amazing players in one year is good enough for me, if everyone were packing the best players the game would be in the same position it ends up after TOTS except this would be all year round, these players should be hard to pack otherwise there'd be no grind and nobody would care a week after launch.
    i should be able to get the best player just by playing all year, don't you agree

tell me what other game doesn't give you the best content by investing so much time in it

• Murphdogz
    1521 posts Play-Off Hero
    A game that only lasts 10 maybe 11 months the players shouldn't be so hard to get and so expensive.its not like you can transfer your players into FIFA 20.you get 450 coins a game that's 900 for 2 games.

Then you have to buy squad fitness that's 12-1400 coins.your down money there already.
    Then you have to apply contracts at 200 each

Not to mention when players get injured.
    So a average player can earn 100k a week through rewards.would take you nearly half a year to save for say a Ronaldo.whats the point.most stop playing around 10 months of it being released.then FIFA 20 comes out and you have to repeat the process all over again
  • maksi
    I have played FUT since FIFA 12 and the best i got was baby icon Inzaghi last year, i don't understand how people can defend EA.
  • Stevo_CT
    madwullie wrote: »
    88s would be as cheap as 84s. Hundreds of thousands of 100k packs are opened. If every one of them had an 88 (or better in it?). We'd either all have God squads within 2 weeks a la world cup fut, or the market would be absolutely devastated and we'd all have God squads within a month.

This is a ridiculous idea that would solve nothing.

So, the forum complains when they don't get good players and spend money, then you complain because you get too many good players. How is it possible for EA to win?

I would rather have better players and get some guaranteed reward, than spend money and pray for a good card.

Lastly, the game lasts a year, it's virtual, not everyone has the time and energy to play/trade non-stop to build enough coins to buy a TOTY, or CR7, or whatever.

Packs are RNG, and absolutely 100% not worth the money it costs to buy them. Affordability is different for everyone of course.
  • klaas9
    898 posts Professional
    Far the best and honoust solution would be that pack chances for higher rated players increases with -% after each pack you pick.

So every pack without
    86+ NiF
    if
    icon
    toty
    etc...

Your chances in next packs slightly increase.
  • Stevo_CT
    klaas9 wrote: »
    Far the best and honoust solution would be that pack chances for higher rated players increases with -% after each pack you pick.

So every pack without
    86+ NiF
    if
    icon
    toty
    etc...

Your chances in next packs slightly increase.

That is a very interesting idea.