So you must spam timed finesse in order to get Elite?

kukuchev711
1043 posts Play-Off Hero

No hate for the guy but he uploaded highlights showing us how he scored about 50 time finesses in his WL. :) Fantastic game!

Comments

• Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class
    Are you only figuring this out now?
  • enatic
    58 posts Park Captain
    Got 27-3 this weekend and i scored 90% timed finesse from absurd angles and 10% nearpost powershots
  • enatic wrote: »
    Got 27-3 this weekend and i scored 90% timed finesse from absurd angles and 10% nearpost powershots

bravo!
  • deang07
    8351 posts League Winner
    yeh i like nicks vids and seems a cool guy but this vid was aggravating to say the least was litterally a timed finess show reel
  • regia5bg
    891 posts Semi-Pro
    enatic wrote: »

As soon as I reach Gold3 level (14 wins) almost everyone plays like you.
    No crosses, all chances are built trying to have a player (not necessarily a very technical one) able to shoot a timed finesse from outside the goal area. If they're able to make some more pass while I use every player to make them impossible to shoot, they pass it to the FW and with an instant shoot it's almost alywas a goal.

Quite frustrating as after you deny 5/6 shots you get instantly punished in a way or another as soon as you make a mistake. Fair play, they're far better than me (I score in other ways) as they play the game at its best, but it's quite boring and I have to say I almost always stop to play after 14 wins as it's always the same game. Before 14 wins is different... it isn't about wins/losses but about different ways to play.
  • enatic
    58 posts Park Captain
    regia5bg wrote: »

No crosses, all chances are built trying to have a player (not necessarily a very technical one) able to shoot a timed finesse from outside the goal area. If they're able to make some more pass while I use every player to make them impossible to shoot, they pass it to the FW and with an instant shoot it's almost alywas a goal.

Quite frustrating as after you deny 5/6 shots you get instantly punished in a way or another as soon as you make a mistake. Fair play, they're far better than me (I score in other ways) as they play the game at its best, but it's quite boring and I have to say I almost always stop to play after 14 wins as it's always the same game. Before 14 wins is different... it isn't about wins/losses but about different ways to play.

Well its the easiest way to score because when im 1v1 vs Courtois he makes miracle saves but cant save greentimed from 25 yards out. I think i have a good mixture of possesion play and using skillmoves effectively in oder to get into good positions but i do unterstand what youre tryin to say, it gets really sweaty at some point where u either adapt or get lost in finesse simulator
  • BiigDee
    4687 posts Big Money Move
    I played a guy earlier who had full prime Icon squad except for LB & RB. Playing 4231 and I’ve no idea how he was in D5. I thought I was in for a hiding but I beat him. All he done was go for finesse/timed Finesse. Do these tactics really get you a squad like that because I’m no great player but this guy either sucked or maybe bad lag. I get it it may get you more wins but surely it can’t be fun to play that way
  • bullettoot
    585 posts An Exciting Prospect
    This video is disgusting. I can’t imagine anyone getting proud of that sort of wining and gamestyle.
  • Modi421
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Disgusting game
  • RandomLhama83
    10100 posts Has That Special Something
    ya, 1on1s against GKs are harder to score than 40 yard finesse shot bombs from outside. its hilarious. Most broken game i ever seen. to think ppl are spendin money on TOTY with the state of the game is crazyness. I expect lots of threads with hate for ea today, after packing crap and horrific WL results.
  • azza452
    1367 posts Professional
    I thought EA patched finesse shots? They seem broken AF
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class
    ya, 1on1s against GKs are harder to score than 40 yard finesse shot bombs from outside. its hilarious. Most broken game i ever seen. to think ppl are spendin money on TOTY with the state of the game is crazyness. I expect lots of threads with hate for ea today, after packing crap and horrific WL results.

Tbh I see this being said alot but if I'm through 1 on 1 9 times out of 10 it will be a goal. If you're struggling with 1 on 1s learn timed finishing and I'm not talking about timed finesse shots.
  • BiigDee
    4687 posts Big Money Move
    azza452 wrote: »
    I thought EA patched finesse shots? They seem broken AF

They lie, they sneak stuff in or out to suit. This crap is killing the game for so many people.
  • X_M_A_T_T_Y_X
    186 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I turned mine off and don’t play weekend league
    I also live in the real world and go outside at weekends
  • bigpokey24
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 2019
    pathetic video..abuse, no skill, finesse, all goals are the same..FIFA used to be fun with varieties in goals,.... but this finesse crap destroyed fifa 19..the game is a joke..also all games were at home :D:D
  • RandomLhama83

Tbh I see this being said alot but if I'm through 1 on 1 9 times out of 10 it will be a goal. If you're struggling with 1 on 1s learn timed finishing and I'm not talking about timed finesse shots.

not against courtous it aint, stop it. Overpowered GKs will stop that sht, maybe you can score against neto or ederson or somesht.. but its not happening against the OP ones.
  • kukuchev711
    1043 posts Play-Off Hero
    True, 1v1s are much harder than timed finesses. Should be the opposite.
  • Neckabob
    13348 posts Has That Special Something
    regia5bg wrote: »

Well its the easiest way to score because when im 1v1 vs Courtois he makes miracle saves but cant save greentimed from 25 yards out. I think i have a good mixture of possesion play and using skillmoves effectively in oder to get into good positions but i do unterstand what youre tryin to say, it gets really sweaty at some point where u either adapt or get lost in finesse simulator

"Mixture of possession play and using skill moves" translates to " I pass so many times until i can hit the timed finesse shot or use ball roll dragbacks"
  • Layton8212
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    Added timed finesse to my game and finished higher ranks 2 weeks in a row, if ya cant beat em. Join em
  • DeanoZoff
    4730 posts National Call-Up
    Layton8212 wrote: »
    Added timed finesse to my game and finished higher ranks 2 weeks in a row, if ya cant beat em. Join em

And dab on em
  • MHoney1234
    10339 posts Has That Special Something
    DeanoZoff wrote: »

And dab on em

People actually still dab? 14 year olds will be 14 year olds I guess
  • RandomLhama83
    True, 1v1s are much harder than timed finesses. Should be the opposite.

thank you. someone with a brain
  • gdz
    14 posts Ball Boy
    Its the only reliable and consistent way of scoring, specially against PTB + the OP AI defending.

They need to nerf AI defending, buff 1v1`s and then remove timed finishing and GK movement. But obviously that is never happening, cause EA.
  • mindm4ster
    5205 posts Big Money Move
    I turned mine off and don’t play weekend league
    I also live in the real world and go outside at weekends

WOAH!
  • RandomLhama83

to each there own... but if i played that i would quit the game alrdy because i just dont find it enjoyable. I find it very boring. not challenging, and honestly quite sad for the fifa franchise the path its headed. 5 patches now, and still no change in sight.
  • kukuchev711
    1043 posts Play-Off Hero
    I would never join 'em and would never swith on timed finishing. I still like to bang some ordinary finesse shots and long shots with my IF Son but still prefer to finish in the box.
  • MUFC_420
    2698 posts Fans' Favourite

not against courtous it aint, stop it. Overpowered GKs will stop that sht, maybe you can score against neto or ederson or somesht.. but its not happening against the OP ones.

Have you ever played in div 3? Would highly doubt he's coming up against Neto there :D

I agree with this as 1 on 1s are easy if you use timed shooting. They rocket into the top corner the majority of the time.
  • Modi421
    Longshots should be heavily patched
  • Modi421
    @EA_Andy @EA_Lanna @EA_DarDar @EA_Cian @EA_Leeloo WATCH THE VIDEO!!!
    The funny thing is that this game is called FIFA 19, should be called GOLF 19