Pogba

Juked By Neymar
3437 posts National Call-Up
Not sure what the hype is but 15 games in he's atrocious for me...
Played him as both a CM and a CCAM and he just doesn't cut it

- Shot is OK, troubles the keeper sometimes but haven't scored with him yet and he's missed 1-2 unmarked headers he should really finish

- Defensively he's very poor which wasn't a huge surprise

- Can't dribble and I constantly find myself losing the ball with him

- And worst of all HE GETS BODIED OFF THE BALL SO EASY

what am I doing wrong smh

Comments

• Juked By Neymar
    Nobody else has issues with him huh
  • Fishing_Monkey63
    105 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Nobody else has issues with him huh

No best cam/CF that's not an icon for me
  • GeorgeGervin
    1511 posts Play-Off Hero
    I have zero issues with Pogba.

I DO NOT know what I am doing wrong with Mbappe though! I want him to work out! Just not finishing like he should. Creates a bit but doesn’t drive it home.
  • CtldChaos
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 6
    OK, I hear what you are saying and for the first 15 games for me, I had the same thoughts. Stick with him.

You will find that he does many of the unspectacular things that make the game. I play him as a Central CM in a 4-1-3-2 with Kante behind him. He will sit there in the middle of the field and with his range he seems to always be in the opponents face. Kante cleans up anything "loose". He then turns on the attack by fielding a very nice ball forward to the attackers and his late runs find him goals more often that you would think.

He takes some getting used to, but you will eventually find him hard to replace if you have the right expectations for him.
  • Juked By Neymar
    CtldChaos wrote: »
    OK, I hear what you are saying and for the first 15 games for me, I had the same thoughts. Stick with him.

You will find that he does many of the unspectacular things that make the game. I play him as a Central CM in a 4-1-3-2 with Kante behind him. He will sit there in the middle of the field and with his range he seems to always be in the opponents face. Kante cleans up anything "loose". He then turns on the attack by fielding a very nice ball forward to the attackers and his late runs find him goals more often that you would think.

He takes some getting used to, but you will eventually find him hard to replace if you have the right expectations for him.

hmmm how much time should I give him you think, if I'm still frustrated after 30 games or sell or keep going?
  • Chewbaccary
    896 posts Professional
    Enjoyed him at CAM with sniper chem style.

Don't know how you can say he's a bad dribbler. His size, strength, and dribbling make him very good with skill moves.
  • holdenwait
    54327 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    edited January 6
    "Can't dribble and I constantly find myself losing the ball with him

- And worst of all HE GETS BODIED OFF THE BALL SO EASY"

you're definitely doing many things wrong then :D
  • CtldChaos
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite
    CtldChaos wrote: »

hmmm how much time should I give him you think, if I'm still frustrated after 30 games or sell or keep going?

I would say 50, but i get if that is a bit much.
  • MXXM
    44 posts Park Captain
    CAM with Hunter
  • Juked By Neymar
    holdenwait wrote: »
    "Can't dribble and I constantly find myself losing the ball with him

- And worst of all HE GETS BODIED OFF THE BALL SO EASY"

you're definitely doing many things wrong then :D

Thank you for that @holdenwait that's why I came here to post because obviously I'm doing something wrong. If I knew WHAT I was doing wrong I wouldn't be posting :lol:
    Nainggolan was infinitely better for me and felt stronger on the ball
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    10587 posts Has That Special Something
    309oqbq.jpg

I also play him as CCAM and he's the best card I've used this year and one of the best non Icons in the game. His shooting is immense he finishes everything, he can dribble past anyone and with his size is very unique and is as strong as a bull.

Not sure who you have been using as it certainly isn't this card.
  • James Libby
    4968 posts Big Money Move
    Easily the best non-icon CM.
  • sheffutd87
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 6
    He’s unreal
  • Juked By Neymar
    309oqbq.jpg

I also play him as CCAM and he's the best card I've used this year and one of the best non Icons in the game. His shooting is immense he finishes everything, he can dribble past anyone and with his size is very unique and is as strong as a bull.

definitely hasn't been that card :lol:

Just scored 3 in my last 3 with him but had 0 in 20 prior to that including a few shocking misses
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    10587 posts Has That Special Something
    309oqbq.jpg

Just scored 3 in my last 3 with him but had 0 in 20 prior to that including a few shocking misses

You have possibly got a broken card. This has happened to people in the past and I'm pretty sure I got a broken KDB this year as he was one of the worst CAMs I've used but I see nothing but good reviews on him.
  • Juked By Neymar

You have possibly got a broken card. This has happened to people in the past and I'm pretty sure I got a broken KDB this year as he was one of the worst CAMs I've used but I see nothing but good reviews on him.

who knows with those things tbh. I've used a card that was great, sold, bought him back and it's been terrible for me but it just seems stupid that should be a thing.

Also just a pain in the **** to do that
  • holdenwait
    54327 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    gotta keep playing thru it, suffered the same thing with my prime ballack, 1 goal 1 assist in first 17 games, first match he missed the most outrageous sitter ever and i was hating him... now he's sublime, has 20 goals 20 assist almost in 65 games lol

just stick with it.
  • Has1988
    688 posts Semi-Pro
    I have just brought him to play him in CM. With kante and futmas matuidi. He is replacing KDB and I can't wait to use him.

I do have to say matuidi futmas in cm is absolutely amazing
  • Nivaze
    2302 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pogba the best CM I’ve used this year. Previous FIFA’s he was trash for me but he’s bossing the midfield for me.
  • FCBlunt
    1759 posts Play-Off Hero
    What player instructions do you use for him?
  • Juked By Neymar
    FCBlunt wrote: »

as RCM in a 442 he's on balanced with cover center and get into the box for crosses

If I switch to a 41212 wide for more attacking he goes CAM with stay forward, get into the box
  • Killer_Snake2017
    1432 posts Professional
    Get Roy Keane.
  • Futfanatic
    12132 posts Has That Special Something
    Mine has 30 goals/40 assists in 90 games....as a CDM. Absolutely love him.
  • Juked By Neymar
    Get Roy Keane.

why do you say that
  • Juked By Neymar
    Futfanatic wrote: »

4231 CDM? Reaaaally?
  • Futfanatic
    12132 posts Has That Special Something

4231 CDM? Reaaaally?

I don’t understand what you mean? He’s kinda perfect for an offensive CDM, if you have a more defensive one next to him. Stay in position better than you’d expect from a H/L. Wins headers, tackles, physically too strong for most players and great at playing out from the back. Continues his runs into the box well too.
  • FCBlunt
    1759 posts Play-Off Hero

as RCM in a 442 he's on balanced with cover center and get into the box for crosses

If I switch to a 41212 wide for more attacking he goes CAM with stay forward, get into the box

Have you tried switching him up to a free role? Instead of holding his pos?

It helps a lot with him getting freedom to go where ‘he feels right’ to be. A little daring in a 442, but try it out.
  • JoyW
    1152 posts Professional
    I’ve played so many times against him, but he could never pull something good off...

Untill now, I have RTTF Fabinho and maybe I will sell him and buy Pogba in this team:

RTTF Sanchez - Lewandowski - RTTF Pulisic

Pogba - RTTF James Rodriguez - RTTF Sanches

Futman Aanholt - VVD 87 - RTTF Tah - Scream Rafinha

Fährmann

When I buy Pogba I have to switch Rafinha for Bender and Fährman for OTW Alisson
  • Juked By Neymar

4231 CDM? Reaaaally?

I don’t understand what you mean? He’s kinda perfect for an offensive CDM, if you have a more defensive one next to him. Stay in position better than you’d expect from a H/L. Wins headers, tackles, physically too strong for most players and great at playing out from the back. Continues his runs into the box well too.

not disagreeing he should be a great offensive CDM, just surprised with that stat line a bit
  • Juked By Neymar

Have you tried switching him up to a free role? Instead of holding his pos?

It helps a lot with him getting freedom to go where ‘he feels right’ to be. A little daring in a 442, but try it out.

will give it a shot