Flashback players.

NoWayJose
42 posts Park Captain

I'm guessing it's too late for this year, so for next year, wouldn't it be great if the flashback players had links to the club or league that their flashback card is from ?

Example - Flashback Pato should have links to AC Milan players or even better yet would be Serie A in general.

I don't know what the easiest way of doing this is, but I'm thinking if they just changed the club on the card from the players current one to the one he played for during the flashback season.

Thoughts ??

Comments

• Dazzler179
    1160 posts Professional
    Won’t happen due to licensing deals and image rights etc. Sad as it would be better.
  • Delvinho
    2138 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’d love them to have icon Chem. be great for mixing up people’s teams and adding some variety to the players used. Unfortunately like the guy said due to licensing it won’t happen
  • NoWayJose
    42 posts Park Captain
    How would licensing effect changing a players club guys ??
  • jbunnerz
    1310 posts Professional
    Would be nice if sbc players had icon links tbh Tierney would be in my team but not got enough for icons around him and don't want league or nations links. Shame
  • NoWayJose
    42 posts Park Captain
    I disagree with that I don't think normal SBC players should have icon links tbh.
  • OZero
    6875 posts Big Money Move
    Simply give them a special chemistry system would solve all the problems. Say green link with same nationality but nothing else.
  • Kouli06
    1628 posts Play-Off Hero
    OZero wrote: »
    Simply give them a special chemistry system would solve all the problems. Say green link with same nationality but nothing else.

Same as icon chem?
  • pudgyfudgy
    6185 posts Big Money Move
    You do realise that this will also jack up the costs of the SBCs dramatically.

The reason Tevez is so cheap despite the stats is because he is hard to link. Imagine if he had icon-style links... He'd be 400-500k to complete.
  • TheDinhoKid10
    1319 posts Play-Off Hero
    I think its currently fine the way it is. Makes you use differnt player/league combos instead of using meta BS. Experiment with a hybrid team. Run a dull Argentia Squad. Use your brain a little
  • OZero
    6875 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 2019
    Kouli06 wrote: »

Same as icon chem?

No, red link with all others.
    You need to include some drawbacks or else all flashbacks are basically icons.
  • TW1103
    2952 posts National Call-Up
    I've always thought that players should be able to link to leagues they previously played in (obviously limited in some way), which could get around this. Just think- CR7 played for Real Madrid for 11 years, but now can't link to any of their players!
  • CeeQue
    12757 posts Has That Special Something
    NoWayJose wrote: »
    How would licensing effect changing a players club guys ??

Because his current club could potentially sue. Image rights for specific teams and all are affected not the best way but still won't happen.
  • ItsWideRight
    985 posts Professional
    Kouli06 wrote: »

Same as icon chem?

No, red link with all others.
    You need to include some drawbacks or else all flashbacks are basically icons.

Who cares if they are, game is meant to be fun.

Seems FUT has made people forget that, that's why EA get away with so much ❤️❤️❤️❤️ always have people who defend their crap.
  • ItsWideRight
    985 posts Professional
    I think its currently fine the way it is. Makes you use differnt player/league combos instead of using meta BS. Experiment with a hybrid team. Run a dull Argentia Squad. Use your brain a little

Doing that will just get you beat, in a different game that would be fine but every single mode is competitive.
  • Antiseen
    1383 posts Play-Off Hero

Doing that will just get you beat, in a different game that would be fine but every single mode is competitive.

Online single matches are fun to play
  • ItsWideRight
    985 posts Professional
    Antiseen wrote: »

Online single matches are fun to play

The connection in online singles is generally crap.
  • bullettoot
    585 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Scrap chemistry all togheter it’s outdated and makes good players unsuable and most teams one dimentional. Gives advantage to certain leagues, nations etc. This is not ultimate team this is chemistry team. How on Earth can you play CR7 as CM to get him on full chem and tell me that is ok?