Team of the Year event|Price discussion| Market Crash|HYPE

Comments

  • xHerdie
    4037 posts National Call-Up
    Picked up a fresh Neymar 510k this morning. Prob drop to 480-500k but not gonna worry about 20-30k

    Next purchase is either Rijkaard prime or 88 Petit. Hoping EA release something today so I can get rid of some 84-86 from the club
  • Pauldejong6
    6725 posts Big Money Move
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Crossland wrote: »
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    Crossland wrote: »
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    @Mc_chigby

    Ok I need to put this to bed, you're either delusional or trolling or need something simple thrown at you to get it.

    Messi in 2019 in Europe's top 5 leagus

    Most goals (14)
    Most assists (10)
    Most key passes per 90 mins (3.6)
    Most free-kicks
    Most dribbles per 90 mins (4.4)

    No one else has reached double digits in goals/assists

    It's not just about statistics, but he DOMINATES EVERY statistic

    Then watch him play

    His off the ball movement, his close control dribbling, his passing to create chances and to create the chance before the chance, how he beats players, how he scores clutch goals

    He is the greatest player to ever play this game

    What are you trying to argue, what more do you need?

    Cristiano is still better Period ! Always will be ;)

    Haha not April 1st yet little buddy :D :D :D

    lol I'm a 40 year old fat guy that's followed the whole career of both players and can safely say in my opinion Cristiano is the complete player and also a player that wasn't scared to leave his comfort zone with his bum buddy's that literally change their whole game to accommodate to his gameplay and has proved himself over 4 Leagues,whilst Messi languish's in BBVA under the blanket protection of FC Barcelona ;)

    I'm sorry but this is just embarrassing.

    Wasnt ronaldo all about the bum? Thought id heard something about that during all summer.
  • TakeItSlow
    7329 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 4
    I mean imagine
    Retro_G wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Tsarov wrote: »
    RealM wrote: »
    The only positions up for grabs are Mbappe/Griezmann/Neymar, Courtois/De Gea and Carvajal/Kimmich-->VVD if they go with another CB.

    Rest will be Varane, Ramos, Marcelo, Modric, Kante, KDB, Messi and Ronaldo 100%. Well at least it should be.

    Pogba can be easily selected by EA due to their partnership with United.

    Pogba should be selected, he was France's most influential player in the world cup. Say what you want about his inconsistent league form, that was due to Jose not getting the best out Pogba. At the end of the day, there is no bigger achievement in world football than lifting the World Cup for your country. Pogba is easily top 3 midfielder in the world on top form.

    The main reason Modric won the Ballon d'Or this year was because of Croatia's impressive WC run, him being at the heart of everything, had Croatia went out in the group stages, bet Ronaldo would've been selected. To shine on the biggest stage in world football is what it's all about, how players preformed for their country should be more significant than their club form this year.

    I don't even think Messi, A.K.A. "fifth best player in the world" should get selected this year, because he was an embarrassment for his Country, you wouldn't see the great Diego playing like that for Argentina in a World Cup. Come at me Messi fanboys, CR7 the GOAT!!!! My front three would be Hazard, with an average match rating of 8.5 for Belgium during the world cup, Ronaldo, Mbappe.

    The state of this post.

    You're completely entitled to your opinion. But to say Messi doesn't deserve to be in is absolutely ludicrous.

    Messi has a better goal/assist to game ratio than Ronaldo for their countries this season. Messi also has 51 goals and 26 assists in 54 appearances for club and country in 2018.

    Are you suggesting a man that has contributed to 77 goals in 54 appearances in 2018 should not be in team of the year?

    :joy:

    Messi bottles it when it matters most, happened with Barca again last year, when he didn't turn up for the Champions League, Barca got knocked out, happened again for Argentina. It has been a common trend over recent years. Ronaldo carried Madrid to another Champions League final, steps up when it matters most. Even go back to 2014, Messi choked the semi-finals, didn't turn up, he was lucky Romero stepped up for his Country.

    The fact is Messi looks better surrounded by world class players, working in a system that suits his play style. You put prime Ronaldo, prime Messi into that current Newcastle team for example, guarantee Ronaldo outperforms Messi.

    Stats are obviously going to be skewed in Messi's favour, when he is surrounded by better calibre players at international level. At least Ronaldo won a major trophy for his Country, the same can't be said about Messi, A.K.A. "big game chokes."

    The bloke managed 77 goal contributions in a calendar year ffs, without Neymar this time and without Iniesta. Also with an ageing Suarez.

    The proof is in the pudding, Messi is still doing it while the big players around him have left. Messi does it every single year, just because Barcelona's team isn't as good doesn't mean its Messi's fault they aren't winning CL titles. They've signed poorly. Also Argentina's midfield and defence are pretty average at best.

    Also you're that obsessed with it that you've turned it into a Messi vs Ronaldo debate. Its not that at all, both of them should be in TOTY. Everyone is entitled to like one more than the other. I do believe if you put Messi in the same Juve team Ronaldo is in now Messi would be doing a lot better, that's just my opinion though.

    Your point was that HAZARD, yes Eden bloody Hazard should be in team of the year ahead of Lionel Messi. SMH.
  • Crossland
    7815 posts League Winner
    edited January 4
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    I mean imagine
    Retro_G wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Tsarov wrote: »
    RealM wrote: »
    The only positions up for grabs are Mbappe/Griezmann/Neymar, Courtois/De Gea and Carvajal/Kimmich-->VVD if they go with another CB.

    Rest will be Varane, Ramos, Marcelo, Modric, Kante, KDB, Messi and Ronaldo 100%. Well at least it should be.

    Pogba can be easily selected by EA due to their partnership with United.

    Pogba should be selected, he was France's most influential player in the world cup. Say what you want about his inconsistent league form, that was due to Jose not getting the best out Pogba. At the end of the day, there is no bigger achievement in world football than lifting the World Cup for your country. Pogba is easily top 3 midfielder in the world on top form.

    The main reason Modric won the Ballon d'Or this year was because of Croatia's impressive WC run, him being at the heart of everything, had Croatia went out in the group stages, bet Ronaldo would've been selected. To shine on the biggest stage in world football is what it's all about, how players preformed for their country should be more significant than their club form this year.

    I don't even think Messi, A.K.A. "fifth best player in the world" should get selected this year, because he was an embarrassment for his Country, you wouldn't see the great Diego playing like that for Argentina in a World Cup. Come at me Messi fanboys, CR7 the GOAT!!!! My front three would be Hazard, with an average match rating of 8.5 for Belgium during the world cup, Ronaldo, Mbappe.

    The state of this post.

    You're completely entitled to your opinion. But to say Messi doesn't deserve to be in is absolutely ludicrous.

    Messi has a better goal/assist to game ratio than Ronaldo for their countries this season. Messi also has 51 goals and 26 assists in 54 appearances for club and country in 2018.

    Are you suggesting a man that has contributed to 77 goals in 54 appearances in 2018 should not be in team of the year?

    :joy:

    Messi bottles it when it matters most, happened with Barca again last year, when he didn't turn up for the Champions League, Barca got knocked out, happened again for Argentina. It has been a common trend over recent years. Ronaldo carried Madrid to another Champions League final, steps up when it matters most. Even go back to 2014, Messi choked the semi-finals, didn't turn up, he was lucky Romero stepped up for his Country.

    The fact is Messi looks better surrounded by world class players, working in a system that suits his play style. You put prime Ronaldo, prime Messi into that current Newcastle team for example, guarantee Ronaldo outperforms Messi.

    Stats are obviously going to be skewed in Messi's favour, when he is surrounded by better calibre players at international level. At least Ronaldo won a major trophy for his Country, the same can't be said about Messi, A.K.A. "big game chokes."

    The bloke managed 77 goal contributions in a calendar year ffs, without Neymar this time and without Iniesta. Also with an ageing Suarez.

    The proof is in the pudding, Messi is still doing it while the big players around him have left. Messi does it every single year, just because Barcelona's team isn't as good doesn't mean its Messi's fault they aren't winning CL titles. They've signed poorly. Also Argentina's midfield and defence are pretty average at best.

    Also you're that obsessed with it that you've turned it into a Messi vs Ronaldo debate. Its not that at all, both of them should be in TOTY. Everyone is entitled to like one more than the other. I do believe if you put Messi in the same Juve team Ronaldo is in now Messi would be doing a lot better, that's just my opinion though.

    Your point was that HAZARD, yes Eden bloody Hazard should be in team of the year ahead of Lionel Messi. SMH.

    Lol who claimed Hazard over Messi ! Hahahaa that's side splitting ! 😂😂😂😂
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20964 posts Club Captain
    Oh, we're still doing this :unamused:
  • Vinny1979
    3965 posts National Call-Up
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »
    but but were they better than Heskey?

    heskey flashback?
  • Cantona84
    7498 posts League Winner
    Seriously guys. Take this Ronaldo and Messi discussion elsewhere, it impossible to keep up with the relevant posts when it’s so much OT spam here,
  • Pauldejong6
    6725 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 4
    You can like Ronaldo better than Messi np. You can come up with 1000 reasons to like Ronaldo better than Messi or vice versa. But its so incredibly ludicrous to downtalk either of the two as both are 2 of the best players to have ever played this game.
    I think Messi is more naturally gifted, to see him play is an absolute joy. Ronaldo is the better athlete with an winning mentality that made him reach unreal heights. I used to dislike Cr7 because of his 'manners' but I have an incredible respect to what that man has shown us year after year.
    Both are on another level from anyone else in this game. Both should be the first 2 to be in every toty for the past 10 years or so.
    Enjoy both for as long as they are still playing rather than making yourself look a fool.
  • Crossland
    7815 posts League Winner
    Cantona84 wrote: »
    Seriously guys. Take this Ronaldo and Messi discussion elsewhere, it impossible to keep up with the relevant posts when it’s so much OT spam here,

    Well it kind of is relevant when this is a discussion about who should be in TOTY and they are both prime candidates ;)
  • xFATAL
    4252 posts National Call-Up
    Needs to be a CR7 vs Messi discussion thread for the people that want to debate who's better nonstop.
  • hoban95
    49089 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Thing is it's one thing to debate Ronaldo or Messi but to even imply one of them shouldn't be in the toty is behind ludicirous. The forum has always been bad for lads with a lack of football knowledge but this is a new low.
  • hjdjydyufu
    7750 posts League Winner
    Cantona84 wrote: »
    I am watching

    NIF Ronaldo
    IF Pogba
    Prime Scholes
    Prime RVN
    88 Best
    And Prime Best

    Not big movements yet..

    The market is looking low for a Friday, prices are dipping on certain Icons already. Tomorrow there will be panic selling .

    Followed by a large jump back up when people can't afford TOTY players
  • Cantona84
    7498 posts League Winner
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Thing is it's one thing to debate Ronaldo or Messi but to even imply one of them shouldn't be in the toty is behind ludicirous. The forum has always been bad for lads with a lack of football knowledge but this is a new low.

    I agree. Two all time greats. Potato and potato who is best, it’s all subjective.

    I enjoy seeing both play.
  • DOMinant
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero
    Cantona84 wrote: »
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Thing is it's one thing to debate Ronaldo or Messi but to even imply one of them shouldn't be in the toty is behind ludicirous. The forum has always been bad for lads with a lack of football knowledge but this is a new low.

    I agree. Two all time greats. Potato and potato who is best, it’s all subjective.

    I enjoy seeing both play.

    Agree 100%. One of the reasons I hate the Messi v Ronaldo debate is supporters of 1 are so aggressive towards supporters of the other. They’re both incredible once in a generation players and there’s no right or wrong answer as it depends on personal preference.

    That being said if both aren’t in TOTY it’s a JOKE
  • jenksiee123
    21461 posts Club Captain
    TOTY loading screen when you log into FUT hyppeeee
  • TakeItSlow
    7329 posts Big Money Move
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Thing is it's one thing to debate Ronaldo or Messi but to even imply one of them shouldn't be in the toty is behind ludicirous. The forum has always been bad for lads with a lack of football knowledge but this is a new low.

    This was my point.
  • Finesse_4days
    7194 posts Big Money Move
    hjdjydyufu wrote: »
    Cantona84 wrote: »
    I am watching

    NIF Ronaldo
    IF Pogba
    Prime Scholes
    Prime RVN
    88 Best
    And Prime Best

    Not big movements yet..

    The market is looking low for a Friday, prices are dipping on certain Icons already. Tomorrow there will be panic selling .

    Followed by a large jump back up when people can't afford TOTY players

    not becuase of that, becuase people will panic buy their teams at the same time. Also, with Icon SBCS the crash may be different this year, lets say a ton of packs get opened 85s and 86s tumble > Icons Sbc prices tumble> Icons prices tumble> meta golds tumble I am not saying this will happen, but if loads of packs get opened and the weights aren't adjusted this could happen.
  • RealM
    5612 posts Big Money Move
    How much is TOTY Messi going to cost? What's been his price in previous years?
  • Finesse_4days
    7194 posts Big Money Move
    RealM wrote: »
    How much is TOTY Messi going to cost? What's been his price in previous years?

    4mill, depends on stats and how many get packed though.
  • TakeItSlow
    7329 posts Big Money Move
    RealM wrote: »
    How much is TOTY Messi going to cost? What's been his price in previous years?

    Not relevant to this year at all. But going by the prices of his other cards i’d say 3M.
  • ROCKNROLLA
    1128 posts Play-Off Hero
    4m enough to get me Mbappe?
  • Agent Murhawk
    8265 posts League Winner
    4m enough to get me Mbappe?
    Yes he'll be like 2.5-3m
  • hjdjydyufu
    7750 posts League Winner
    4m enough to get me Mbappe?
    Yes he'll be like 2.5-3m

    You think? @Agent Murhawk

    Hmmm. I wonder if he would be better than NIF Ronaldo at striker?
  • Smudge
    4566 posts National Call-Up
    I'm buying on Sunday (2 days not 9). Prices look too cheap for me on players like Mbappe.
  • Mc
    3945 posts National Call-Up
    Smudge wrote: »
    I'm buying on Sunday (2 days not 9). Prices look too cheap for me on players like Mbappe.

    Buying what? Blues?
  • hoban95
    49089 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Mc wrote: »
    Smudge wrote: »
    I'm buying on Sunday (2 days not 9). Prices look too cheap for me on players like Mbappe.

    Buying what? Blues?

    :joy:
  • Blarix
    20838 posts Club Captain
    Smudge wrote: »
    I'm buying on Sunday (2 days not 9). Prices look too cheap for me on players like Mbappe.

    U1PHT7H.gif
  • vizzion89
    589 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Pjanic!
  • Campino
    27126 posts Player of the Year
    VVD Appears to be a lock unless EA disagree

    I have 1.5 mill waiting
  • Finesse_4days
    7194 posts Big Money Move
    What do people predict 89/91 Eusebio will drop to?
Sign In or Register to comment.