Team of the Year event|Price discussion| Market Crash|HYPE

Comments

• Jensonj67
    1668 posts Play-Off Hero
    harry kane would not be a surprise really would he ?
    got in last year and didn't have the golden boot in his pocket either or a world cup semi
    modric winning everything confirms the era of the big two winning everything in sight is coming to an end

Big surprise, all he scored was penalties in the WC
  • Crossland
    8467 posts League Winner
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    @Mc_chigby

Ok I need to put this to bed, you're either delusional or trolling or need something simple thrown at you to get it.

Messi in 2019 in Europe's top 5 leagus

Most goals (14)
    Most assists (10)
    Most key passes per 90 mins (3.6)
    Most free-kicks
    Most dribbles per 90 mins (4.4)

No one else has reached double digits in goals/assists

It's not just about statistics, but he DOMINATES EVERY statistic

Then watch him play

His off the ball movement, his close control dribbling, his passing to create chances and to create the chance before the chance, how he beats players, how he scores clutch goals

He is the greatest player to ever play this game

What are you trying to argue, what more do you need?

Cristiano is still better Period ! Always will be ;)
  • Eisenhardt
    4178 posts National Call-Up
    Tsarov wrote: »
    It’s virtual pitch, pixels on the screen. Not FIFA professional contest in Zürich. That’s why we should select Starting XI for FIFA purposes not based on the real performance. That’s why, e.g. Pogba > Modric all day long (because FIFA matters, not performance in real football, where Modric was definitely better than Pogba in 2018).

Even then, a TOTY Modric would be amazing in this game. Size and Strength aren't as important as they were in previous Fifas.
  • Mc_chigby
    810 posts Semi-Pro
    @Mc_chigby

Ok I need to put this to bed, you're either delusional or trolling or need something simple thrown at you to get it.

Most goals (14)
    Most assists (10)
    Most free-kicks

Then watch him play

His off the ball movement, his close control dribbling, his passing to create chances and to create the chance before the chance, how he beats players, how he scores clutch goals

Read through all my comments, I haven't once not stated he isn't one of the greatest players of all time (or even the greatest, didn't say he wasn't, thats for history to decide).

I haven't once called any of the people arguing for Messi to be in TOTY delusional, stupid, idiots etc, and don't care for trolling anyone. By insulting someone for having a different opinion of you isn't exactly nice, nor is it a way to conduct a discussion.

I have also stated several times he deserves to be in TOTY if you go by stats or consistency to decide the team. I haven't once said he won't get in TOTY. In fact, I'm 100% sure he is in the team.

I have clearly stated in all my posts, for 'me', Winning the big tournaments should be higher up in the pecking order for selecting my TOTY. Messi has the best stats, is still playing some of the greatest football we have ever seen or will ever see. However, he didn't manage to drag Argentina or Barcelona to winning the big prizes. You can score the most goals, create the most assists, but when its crunch time he hasn't managed to produce the magic when it was needed the most. He has done it in the past, so we know he can do it. He just didn't do it this year.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Pauldejong6
    6725 posts Big Money Move
    Tsarov wrote: »
    It’s virtual pitch, pixels on the screen. Not FIFA professional contest in Zürich. That’s why we should select Starting XI for FIFA purposes not based on the real performance. That’s why, e.g. Pogba > Modric all day long (because FIFA matters, not performance in real football, where Modric was definitely better than Pogba in 2018).

No, I want Modric to be better on fifa than pogba aswell.
  • Crossland
    8467 posts League Winner
    Crossland wrote: »
    @Mc_chigby

Most goals (14)
    Most assists (10)
    Most free-kicks

Then watch him play

Haha not April 1st yet little buddy :D:D:D

lol I'm a 40 year old fat guy that's followed the whole career of both players and can safely say in my opinion Cristiano is the complete player and also a player that wasn't scared to leave his comfort zone with his bum buddy's that literally change their whole game to accommodate to his gameplay and has proved himself over 4 Leagues,whilst Messi languish's in BBVA under the blanket protection of FC Barcelona ;)
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
  • hoban95
    49798 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Mc_chigby wrote: »
    @Mc_chigby

Most goals (14)
    Most assists (10)
    Most free-kicks

Then watch him play

Read through all my comments, I haven't once not stated he isn't one of the greatest players of all time (or even the greatest, didn't say he wasn't, thats for history to decide).

I haven't once called any of the people arguing for Messi to be in TOTY delusional, stupid, idiots etc, and don't care for trolling anyone. By insulting someone for having a different opinion of you isn't exactly nice, nor is it a way to conduct a discussion.

I have also stated several times he deserves to be in TOTY if you go by stats or consistency to decide the team. I haven't once said he won't get in TOTY. In fact, I'm 100% sure he is in the team.

I have clearly stated in all my posts, for 'me', Winning the big tournaments should be higher up in the pecking order for selecting my TOTY. Messi has the best stats, is still playing some of the greatest football we have ever seen or will ever see. However, he didn't manage to drag Argentina or Barcelona to winning the big prizes. You can score the most goals, create the most assists, but when its crunch time he hasn't managed to produce the magic when it was needed the most. He has done it in the past, so we know he can do it. He just didn't do it this year.

But Messi did drag Barca to the league title.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
  • Choepiechakie
    31968 posts National Team Captain
    @Mc_chigby

Most goals (14)
    Most assists (10)
    Most free-kicks

Then watch him play

@manutelli
  • RealM
    5944 posts Big Money Move
    Who wants some fun statistics.
    Ronaldo was Real Madrid's highest goalscorer in 2018 despite not playing for 6 months.
    Ronaldo was Juventus' second highest goalscorer in 2018 despite only playing 5 months.
  • MikeyP_FC
    13233 posts Has That Special Something
    Will TOTY Pogba be more or less than 20million? Trying to decide if I should sell my IF Pogba and go for him
  • Eisenhardt
    4178 posts National Call-Up
    RealM wrote: »
    Who wants some fun statistics.
    Ronaldo was Real Madrid's highest goalscorer in 2018 despite not playing for 6 months.
    Ronaldo was Juventus' second highest goalscorer in 2018 despite only playing 5 months.

We hate those.
  • Carlos181
    3864 posts National Call-Up
    That was a fun read before work.
  • Milanista28
    1265 posts Professional
    This thread is cooked
  • Andy99TradeZ
    14462 posts Has That Special Something
    somehow every thread just turns into a Ronaldo vs messi debate.

boring
  • ORANGEeffect05
    21883 posts Club Captain

boring

Life is but a Ronaldo vs Messi debate
  • somehow every thread just turns into a Ronaldo vs messi debate.

boring

this sadly
  • maymanpele
    14389 posts Has That Special Something
    When do we expect toty messi to drop to 1.2m?
  • Crossland
    8467 posts League Winner
    @Mc_chigby

Most goals (14)
    Most assists (10)
    Most free-kicks

Then watch him play

Haha not April 1st yet little buddy :D:D:D

lol I'm a 40 year old fat guy that's followed the whole career of both players and can safely say in my opinion Cristiano is the complete player and also a player that wasn't scared to leave his comfort zone with his bum buddy's that literally change their whole game to accommodate to his gameplay and has proved himself over 4 Leagues,whilst Messi languish's in BBVA under the blanket protection of FC Barcelona ;)

@Crossland

You're a CR7 fanboy and clearly lack understanding of this game

Madrid was BUILT around him

A $1 billion squad designed around him

Benzema designed around him

EVERYTHING about their play designed around him

Messi goes to the right for Suarez

Messi stops playing central to lower his goals to help the team given the players they have

Messi destroys the Italian, German and English teams in the UCL

Sorry Messi doesn't want to play in England, or go join any of the Italian teams that can afford him (none btw)

Guess he's no longer the best player to ever play the game

Shame he's not 6"2 so he can't jump really high SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (he still has more accurate heading than CR7 that's the best part LOL)

I'm not a CR7 fanboy at all just appreciate what he does Him and Messi are the two greatest players ever to play the game,just in my opinion Cristiano is better if you did a world poll on who people would rather have in their team IRL I can almost guarantee Cristiano would come out on top he's a machine that gets the job he's put there to do done that's not to say Messi isn't just I think Cristiano does it better and has sustained it over a longer period of time and can do it anywhere on any stage ! Plus there's the small factor that Messi has got 0 international trophies behind him CR7 has 1
  • Mc_chigby
    810 posts Semi-Pro
    Mc_chigby wrote: »
    @Mc_chigby

Most goals (14)
    Most assists (10)
    Most free-kicks

Then watch him play

@Mc_chigby

You do realise with your logic

The France or Madrid 11 would be the TOTY then right?

Because those teams won the big tournaments

It's not TOTT

It's not TOTWC

Not TOTCL

It's team of the YEAR

There's are 50-60 competitive matches a year

You're saying Messi should be disregarded because his team (Argentina had a horrible 11 and a horrible coach) wasn't good?

The stat's I provided you with don't lie

Your opinion is saying we should disregard the LEAGUES

You know, the thing the sport is built on and based around and where all the money comes from

I get it's nice/fun to have a different opinion for the sake of it and argue for the sake of it, but that's all you're doing.

Fair point to make (understand you are being devils advocate to my argument there, because you know full well I don't mean we should disregard the leagues nor should it be France/Real Madrid 11).

A players performance/stats, and there general impact are still weighted with a value to if they deserve a place on TOTY.

Lets take goal keepers for example (I know slightly simpler and no where near Messi levels). Oblak most clean sheets throughout the year. Seeing as a goalkeepers main role is to stop goals that should be the highest factor in them being in TOTY, followed by saves, key passes/assists, goals etc. But then if a goalkeeper makes a vital save for a team to win a World Cup or Champions League but is only 3rd on the clean sheets they shouldn't be in TOTY? Stats and players overall performance are very important, but I still think that a save to win the World Cup, even if only 3rd best in clean sheets, would promote said goal keeper to be included as the TOTY pick.

Back to Messi, he has performed the best, no doubt, over all the forwards in the list. But take Mbappe for example, still had an ok year scoring and assist wise, but add in great performances at the World Cup and some vital goals puts him into TOTY for me. I'm not saying he is a better player than Messi, he just scored at an important time.
  • hoban95
    49798 posts FIFA Cover Star

boring

It shouldn't. Both should be in the team, end of discussion.
  • Pughy30
    26382 posts Player of the Year
    Sums up how stupid these forums are when people are debating Messi vs Ronaldo when their both in the team anyway
  • Reus
    22785 posts Club Captain
    You lot are just embarrassing yourselves
  • ORANGEeffect05
    21883 posts Club Captain
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Sums up how stupid these forums are when people are debating Messi vs Ronaldo when their both in the team anyway

:trollface:
  • Ian_Ando08
    8249 posts League Winner
    but but were they better than Heskey?
  • Cantona84
    7498 posts League Winner
    Reus wrote: »
    You lot are just embarrassing yourselves

• Finesse_4days
    8047 posts League Winner
    Back on Topic https://www.futbin.com/market/Icons you know the market will soon crash when it is a Friday afternoon and the market is like this.