Team of the Year event|Price discussion| Market Crash|HYPE

Comments

• WonderMouse
    2068 posts Fans' Favourite
    TOTY Messi, TOTY Ron or Prime Cruyff, which one would give you the most joy?
  • Campino
    27466 posts Player of the Year
    Anyyyyyyyyway

Loaded up on 84’s and 85’s. 100k’s worth
  • Idek
    10766 posts Has That Special Something
    Messi's stats say all that needs to be said about why he should be in
  • Choepiechakie
    31851 posts National Team Captain
    Idek wrote: »

Messi's performance is beyond stats. His performance is unmatched.
  • Cantona84
    7498 posts League Winner
    Campino wrote: »
    Anyyyyyyyyway

Very cheap now. Let’s go with some big sbcs later.
  • hoban95
    49683 posts FIFA Cover Star
    edited January 4
    The leading scorer in Europe’s top 5 leagues in 2018 was Messi with 47 goals. The most assists made in Europe’s top 5 leagues in 2018 was Messi with 26. He also scored directly from more freekicks than anyone in the history of Europe’s top 5 leagues.

and some people dont want him in the toty..

Anyone that doesn't want him in the team i can't take seriously. I mean we are talking about a very low level of football knowledge here.
  • Chubz
    3224 posts National Call-Up

Cool...dont stop :)
  • Chubz
    3224 posts National Call-Up
    Cantona84 wrote: »
    Anyyyyyyyyway

Very cheap now. Let’s go with some big sbcs later.

could be a good move, I am sure there will be some SBC requiring these....might stock up myself
  • Campino
    27466 posts Player of the Year
    edited January 4
    The Pjanic sell on VVD RTTF Card is insane
  • BeefyRabouter
    1331 posts Professional
    edited January 4

Wouldn't that have more to do with him possibly getting a TOTY?

Edit: lol stupid me, thought you meant him being in the running for POTM...
  • Milanista28
    1243 posts Professional
    3.8 Prime Cruyff up.
  • Gyan_33
    31239 posts National Team Captain

Might as well keep mine for now tbh, probably can't afford the TOTY anyway.
  • Falafelmonster
    4832 posts National Call-Up
    Gyan_33 wrote: »

What price did you get him for? Is the panic sell that bad?
  • Reus
    22745 posts Club Captain
    3.8 Prime Cruyff up.

He will be 3.5-3.6 in a few days seems to be coming down steadily
  • BeefyRabouter
    1331 posts Professional
    Gyan_33 wrote: »

What price did you get him for? Is the panic sell that bad?

He's down to around 620 right now. Comparison, the SIF is 430K
  • Recoba10
    1370 posts Play-Off Hero
    TOTY Messi, TOTY Ron or Prime Cruyff, which one would give you the most joy?

If Mbappe does not make it, my new target will be Prime Cruyff for sure. His price keeps dropping btw :)
  • holdenwait
    57873 posts National Treasure

• BeefyRabouter
    1331 posts Professional
    Sold my Cruyff for 2.785, bought for 2.7 last week on open bid. Hoping for him to drop to around 2.6 over the next days, can see it happening as he's even dropping throughout a friday. That or his prime dropping to 3.6 on which I may pull the trigger on that one.
  • Tsarov
    3709 posts National Call-Up
    It’s virtual pitch, pixels on the screen. Not FIFA professional contest in Zürich. That’s why we should select Starting XI for FIFA purposes not based on the real performance. That’s why, e.g. Pogba > Modric all day long (because FIFA matters, not performance in real football, where Modric was definitely better than Pogba in 2018).
  • hrv97
    3519 posts National Call-Up
    Tsarov wrote: »
    It’s virtual pitch, pixels on the screen. Not FIFA professional contest in Zürich. That’s why we should select Starting XI for FIFA purposes not based on the real performance. That’s why, e.g. Pogba > Modric all day long (because FIFA matters, not performance in real football, where Modric was definitely better than Pogba in 2018).

But i want to have a toty Modric in my Team
  • Mc_chigby
    789 posts Semi-Pro
    Mc_chigby wrote: »
    Mc_chigby wrote: »
    Anyone who says Messi doesn't deserve to be in Toty is either trolling, seriously biased or knows next to nothing about football .

As I've put twice now above, he doesn't get into my TOTY because I prefer to base it off achievements not stats. If you base it on stats then yes he should be in TOTY.

I have no problem with your argument but it would be better if you clarified how you believe TOTY should be awarded along with sentences like the above. I am guessing you prefer to use stats?

not stats lol, Individual performances. Messi is more than just goals his overall play is the best in the world , his ability to create chances , keep the ball in tight areas and create chances from nothing. Saying someone like Mbappe or griezmann deserves to be in instead of Messi is a joke, I am sure griezmann and mbappe would almost be embarrassed and surprised if they were in the Toty instead of Messi.

I'm not saying he isn't an amazing player and deserved his place in past TOTY's or doesn't even deserve his place in this TOTY. However, for me TOTY should be about performances of just 2018 (you cannot take into account previous years). And to value performance of 2018 surely you should rate them in some way in your head? Thats what I personally do to come to a set of players.

Messi is a better player than both griezmann and mbappe, no question. But for me, his 2018 isn't as good as others on the list in the forward position, because how I value their year.

I put more value in achievements. So Mbappe scoring and helping his team win a World Cup ranks higher than Messi scoring and assisting a lot in the league etc. Adding up all the points in my head I come to a conclusion of who gets in. Its just opinion based on my own self calculations.

I haven't once said your wrong, or your stupid for thinking your way. I'm simply putting across how I measure performances and put value to a player. I have asked a couple of times now the question but I will ask it again as I am generally interested in other peoples opinions (helps learn and improve arguments in the future).

How do you (personally) value a players performances over the year? What is top factor in your head. You laughed at me when I suggested stats so await feedback.

It's not stats, trophies , world cup performances or anything like that , that I would judge a player on. For me the Toty should be based on who has played at a consistently high level over the course of the year in all competitions , not just a few world cup games with players that only play together for about 10 games a year. To judge who has performed at high level for an attacker goals and assists have some importance, but a player's overall influence on a team and their consistency should also be judged as well, and Messi does much better in these categories than someone like Griezmann or Mbappe, who didn't score many goals in Ligue 1 in the first half of 2018 and his overall play is miles inferior to Messi's overall play. 4 or 5 world cup games against defenders who aren't elite level doesn't indicate greatness, especially when you play for France, who can create chances at will against the lesser nations. Also , if Messi doesn't get in it would pretty much devalue the significance and credibility of the whole team ,making it pretty pointless. Ea will put him in even if he doesn't get many votes.

That's fair and yes I would agree he has been at a high level all year round. I can't argue with that point, if going by consistency, Messi gets in hands down.

However you note playing against inferior teams, in a team like France, should discredit Mbappe and Griezman. Isn't Messi playing with Barcelona against inferior teams throughout the year? Devils advocate a bit here, and to say the teams France played are inferior is a little harsh, Croatia (2 TOTY nominees) Belgium (3 TOTY nominees).

Secondly although I agree using consistency for judging a player is a very fair way of creating the TOTY, it negates achievements like the World Cup and Champions League too much for me. There are players throughout the top 5 leagues who play to a high standard week in and week out who wouldn't get a look in on TOTY, especially goal keepers and defenders.

All football teams and players want to win trophies. And I personally believe if a player is key in a team winning a competition and or the league, that should be higher up the list in TOTY calculations. Modric is a perfect example of taking into account, both performances as a player and other factors. He probably wasn't the most consistent midfielder in the top 5 leagues (although high on the list), but he was instrumental for both Croatia getting to the final and Real Madrid winning the Champions League. Put together with performances he won the Ballon'dor.
  • Reus
    22745 posts Club Captain
    Sold my Cruyff for 2.785, bought for 2.7 last week on open bid. Hoping for him to drop to around 2.6 over the next days, can see it happening as he's even dropping throughout a friday. That or his prime dropping to 3.6 on which I may pull the trigger on that one.

Might as well have kept him

Hardly freeing up any coins if buying back at 2.6
  • xFATAL
    4579 posts National Call-Up

If you buy back at 2.6 that saved you less than 50k or so after the 140k tax loss? Probably should've just held through TOTY he will go up higher.
  • mjs4p
    11095 posts Has That Special Something

I understand that to a degree, but isn’t it based on actual football performances too? If it was purely FIFA, shouldn’t we have the opportunity to vote to get a 95 rated Son, Jesus, Fabinho, or whatever other OP players are out there? I think the players should be selected based on real football, and I think EA somewhat agrees. Otherwise Valencia would have made it in last year.

And let’s be honest, Modric won the Ballon d’or; he’s in. Similarly, all of this talk about Messi not being in is ridiculous. If people want to debate what 3rd midfielder will get in or who the last defender will be, fine. But Modric and Messi are locks as much as CR7.
  • Tsarov
    3709 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 4
    mjs4p wrote: »

I understand that to a degree, but isn’t it based on actual football performances too? If it was purely FIFA, shouldn’t we have the opportunity to vote to get a 95 rated Son, Jesus, Fabinho, or whatever other OP players are out there? I think the players should be selected based on real football, and I think EA somewhat agrees. Otherwise Valencia would have made it in last year.

And let’s be honest, Modric won the Ballon d’or; he’s in. Similarly, all of this talk about Messi not being in is ridiculous. If people want to debate what 3rd midfielder will get in or who the last defender will be, fine. But Modric and Messi are locks as much as CR7.

It definitely is based on the real performance, but my point is - we as a FIFA community are not professionals, who should choose players based on the performance in real life. We should look more in terms of the game than real world.

Modric is only example. He obviously will be in.

Great example is also last year. Kane was in the Starting XI. Fair choice I think, but to be honest in terms of FIFA Mbappe or Neymar were a better options.
  • BeefyRabouter
    1331 posts Professional
    Reus wrote: »

Kind of eying for a low prime version mate :)
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TOMMYxCOOPER
    4050 posts National Call-Up
    harry kane would not be a surprise really would he ?
    got in last year and didn't have the golden boot in his pocket either or a world cup semi
    modric winning everything confirms the era of the big two winning everything in sight is coming to an end
  • WonderMouse
    2068 posts Fans' Favourite

Is the prime even much better than the 91, they look very similar?
  • BeefyRabouter
    1331 posts Professional

Is the prime even much better than the 91, they look very similar?

I have no idea buddy, the 91 is really the best player I've used in any game. Read that you do notice a bit of difference in the finishing and dribbling, but as a Dutch Ajax fan I just have to aim for the highest right?