Team of the Year event|Price discussion| Market Crash|HYPE

Comments

  • Cantona84
    7498 posts League Winner
    How is the market going btw??

    Stop detailing this thread!
  • BeefyRabouter
    1017 posts Professional
    Cantona84 wrote: »
    How is the market going btw??

    Stop detailing this thread!

    Still contemplating if I need to take a slight loss on 91 Cruyff atm. Prices dropping on a friday, so little worried what happens on sunday/monday....
  • Cantona84
    7498 posts League Winner
    I am watching

    NIF Ronaldo
    IF Pogba
    Prime Scholes
    Prime RVN
    88 Best
    And Prime Best

    Not big movements yet..
  • Scutch
    11020 posts Has That Special Something
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Tsarov wrote: »
    RealM wrote: »
    The only positions up for grabs are Mbappe/Griezmann/Neymar, Courtois/De Gea and Carvajal/Kimmich-->VVD if they go with another CB.

    Rest will be Varane, Ramos, Marcelo, Modric, Kante, KDB, Messi and Ronaldo 100%. Well at least it should be.

    Pogba can be easily selected by EA due to their partnership with United.

    Pogba should be selected, he was France's most influential player in the world cup. Say what you want about his inconsistent league form, that was due to Jose not getting the best out Pogba. At the end of the day, there is no bigger achievement in world football than lifting the World Cup for your country. Pogba is easily top 3 midfielder in the world on top form.

    The main reason Modric won the Ballon d'Or this year was because of Croatia's impressive WC run, him being at the heart of everything, had Croatia went out in the group stages, bet Ronaldo would've been selected. To shine on the biggest stage in world football is what it's all about, how players preformed for their country should be more significant than their club form this year.

    I don't even think Messi, A.K.A. "fifth best player in the world" should get selected this year, because he was an embarrassment for his Country, you wouldn't see the great Diego playing like that for Argentina in a World Cup. Come at me Messi fanboys, CR7 the GOAT!!!! My front three would be Hazard, with an average match rating of 8.5 for Belgium during the world cup, Ronaldo, Mbappe.

    @MyRoomsMessi would be having kittens at this.
  • Finesse_4days
    7158 posts Big Money Move
    Cantona84 wrote: »
    I am watching

    NIF Ronaldo
    IF Pogba
    Prime Scholes
    Prime RVN
    88 Best
    And Prime Best

    Not big movements yet..

    The market is looking low for a Friday, prices are dipping on certain Icons already. Tomorrow there will be panic selling .
  • Mc_chigby
    698 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Mc_chigby wrote: »
    Anyone who says Messi doesn't deserve to be in Toty is either trolling, seriously biased or knows next to nothing about football .

    As I've put twice now above, he doesn't get into my TOTY because I prefer to base it off achievements not stats. If you base it on stats then yes he should be in TOTY.

    I have no problem with your argument but it would be better if you clarified how you believe TOTY should be awarded along with sentences like the above. I am guessing you prefer to use stats?

    not stats lol, Individual performances. Messi is more than just goals his overall play is the best in the world , his ability to create chances , keep the ball in tight areas and create chances from nothing. Saying someone like Mbappe or griezmann deserves to be in instead of Messi is a joke, I am sure griezmann and mbappe would almost be embarrassed and surprised if they were in the Toty instead of Messi.

    I'm not saying he isn't an amazing player and deserved his place in past TOTY's or doesn't even deserve his place in this TOTY. However, for me TOTY should be about performances of just 2018 (you cannot take into account previous years). And to value performance of 2018 surely you should rate them in some way in your head? Thats what I personally do to come to a set of players.

    Messi is a better player than both griezmann and mbappe, no question. But for me, his 2018 isn't as good as others on the list in the forward position, because how I value their year.

    I put more value in achievements. So Mbappe scoring and helping his team win a World Cup ranks higher than Messi scoring and assisting a lot in the league etc. Adding up all the points in my head I come to a conclusion of who gets in. Its just opinion based on my own self calculations.

    I haven't once said your wrong, or your stupid for thinking your way. I'm simply putting across how I measure performances and put value to a player. I have asked a couple of times now the question but I will ask it again as I am generally interested in other peoples opinions (helps learn and improve arguments in the future).

    How do you (personally) value a players performances over the year? What is top factor in your head. You laughed at me when I suggested stats so await feedback.
  • TTAZ
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero
    If TOTY Ramos’ card looks like last year, he might be an amazing CDM besides the work rates
  • SimenHP
    2045 posts Fans' Favourite
    WOW. I didn't think people took TOTY this personal. Why does it matter if Messi, Pogba, Hazard, Mbappe or whoever it is makes it in the Fifa x11? Does it impact you guys at all? I would think people had more serious things to worry about than who EA thinks are the best 11 in the world
  • Bbbbbbbb
    542 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Mc_chigby wrote: »
    Mc_chigby wrote: »
    Anyone who says Messi doesn't deserve to be in Toty is either trolling, seriously biased or knows next to nothing about football .

    As I've put twice now above, he doesn't get into my TOTY because I prefer to base it off achievements not stats. If you base it on stats then yes he should be in TOTY.

    I have no problem with your argument but it would be better if you clarified how you believe TOTY should be awarded along with sentences like the above. I am guessing you prefer to use stats?

    Toty is about individual performances.

    Thats a fair way to look at TOTY. But how do you value the individual performances? I am guessing a mix of stats and how their performances have impacted the team they play for e.g. winning the league, World Cup, Champions league.

    You then have to put a value on the above, so does stat performances outweigh the impact on the team. Mbappe had a pretty good year but not amazing stat wise, however scored some vital goals in the World Cup. Messi had a very good year and amazing stats but failed to perform well at the World Cup.

    I understand they might both get in the TOTY but for hypothetical purposes how would you choose between the two of them. Do you put more weight on the stats or on the achievement?

    Given stats are individual and achievements are team based don’t you have to go by stats?
  • RealM
    5583 posts Big Money Move
    SimenHP wrote: »
    WOW. I didn't think people took TOTY this personal. Why does it matter if Messi, Pogba, Hazard, Mbappe or whoever it is makes it in the Fifa x11? Does it impact you guys at all? I would think people had more serious things to worry about than who EA thinks are the best 11 in the world

    It impacts me quite a lot. How will I play with a virtual card I wanted that doesn't exist because of stupid voters.
  • Crossland
    7787 posts League Winner
    The short and long of this is Messi & Ronaldo will be in the TOTY until they retire (Fact) deserved or not deserved it'll never change so pointless having a discussion about it
  • Milanista28
    1165 posts Professional
    Will 10m be enough for Ron and Messi?
  • Crossland
    7787 posts League Winner
    edited January 4
    Will 10m be enough for Ron and Messi?

    No not for first week or so
  • Milanista28
    1165 posts Professional
    Crossland wrote: »
    Will 10m be enough for Ron and Messi?

    No not for first week or so

    Ok sweet. I'll try snag one and see how i fair on the 2nd. Whole team in packs the following Sunday? May be the best bet.
  • Mc_chigby
    698 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Bbbbbbbb wrote: »
    Mc_chigby wrote: »
    Mc_chigby wrote: »
    Anyone who says Messi doesn't deserve to be in Toty is either trolling, seriously biased or knows next to nothing about football .

    As I've put twice now above, he doesn't get into my TOTY because I prefer to base it off achievements not stats. If you base it on stats then yes he should be in TOTY.

    I have no problem with your argument but it would be better if you clarified how you believe TOTY should be awarded along with sentences like the above. I am guessing you prefer to use stats?

    Toty is about individual performances.

    Thats a fair way to look at TOTY. But how do you value the individual performances? I am guessing a mix of stats and how their performances have impacted the team they play for e.g. winning the league, World Cup, Champions league.

    You then have to put a value on the above, so does stat performances outweigh the impact on the team. Mbappe had a pretty good year but not amazing stat wise, however scored some vital goals in the World Cup. Messi had a very good year and amazing stats but failed to perform well at the World Cup.

    I understand they might both get in the TOTY but for hypothetical purposes how would you choose between the two of them. Do you put more weight on the stats or on the achievement?

    Given stats are individual and achievements are team based don’t you have to go by stats?

    All stats are team based as well to a degree though arent they?. (Playing devils advocate here a little so don't shoot me) But surely behind every Messi goal is a team assist. Yes some players do more in the team, like Messi, and create a goal for themselves at times, but more often than not the other 10 players on the pitch do help in some way, either by dragging opponents away, making that killer pass to Messi or even winning the ball back in dangerous areas to allow him to score etc.

    That is why I put value more on if the individual played an important role in the team win e.g. World Cup or Champions League. If a player helped in vital times to get the 1-0 win or if they helped keep the clean sheet.

    Messi deserves is place in history as one of the best if not the best (an argument that would go on forever) but in 2018 did he do anything vital to help Barcelona or Argentina to go that step further or help win that important game?
  • TTAZ
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero
    Crossland wrote: »
    Will 10m be enough for Ron and Messi?

    No not for first week or so

    Ok sweet. I'll try snag one and see how i fair on the 2nd. Whole team in packs the following Sunday? May be the best bet.

    I think there’s a decent chance 10m will get you both of them when they’re all in packs
  • Eisenhardt
    4122 posts National Call-Up
    SimenHP wrote: »
    WOW. I didn't think people took TOTY this personal. Why does it matter if Messi, Pogba, Hazard, Mbappe or whoever it is makes it in the Fifa x11? Does it impact you guys at all? I would think people had more serious things to worry about than who EA thinks are the best 11 in the world

    Yeah I have "more serious things" to worry about, but we're here to discuss Fifa aren't we? Would you rather discuss said serious things instead?
  • RebelRob
    5208 posts Big Money Move
    Imagine having a thread where it didn’t go ot or become an argument of some form! 😮
  • Pughy30
    26033 posts Player of the Year
    You have to be pretty special to think Messi doesn't deserve to be in TOTY
  • Mc_chigby
    698 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    You have to be pretty special to think Messi doesn't deserve to be in TOTY

    Instead of insulting people like me who have put concise and fair arguments about why I consider he doesn't make my TOTY, why don't you enlighten me as to how you have come to that decision?

    I've asked two separate people above, nicely, without trolling or being rude, how they argue Messi deserves a spot and only had silence in return.

    I have noted above how 'I' calculate in 'my' head those players who deserve TOTY for performances in 2018 and generally would like to know from people who choose Messi, how they have come to their conclusions. Messi is one of the best players in the World, no doubt, but for me his performances in 2018 (although amazing) do not outweigh others achievements.
  • Choepiechakie
    31554 posts National Team Captain
    Mc_chigby wrote: »
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    You have to be pretty special to think Messi doesn't deserve to be in TOTY

    Instead of insulting people like me who have put concise and fair arguments about why I consider he doesn't make my TOTY, why don't you enlighten me as to how you have come to that decision?

    I've asked two separate people above, nicely, without trolling or being rude, how they argue Messi deserves a spot and only had silence in return.

    I have noted above how 'I' calculate in 'my' head those players who deserve TOTY for performances in 2018 and generally would like to know from people who choose Messi, how they have come to their conclusions. Messi is one of the best players in the World, no doubt, but for me his performances in 2018 (although amazing) do not outweigh others achievements.

    We watch football.
  • SimenHP
    2045 posts Fans' Favourite
    Eisenhardt wrote: »
    SimenHP wrote: »
    WOW. I didn't think people took TOTY this personal. Why does it matter if Messi, Pogba, Hazard, Mbappe or whoever it is makes it in the Fifa x11? Does it impact you guys at all? I would think people had more serious things to worry about than who EA thinks are the best 11 in the world

    Yeah I have "more serious things" to worry about, but we're here to discuss Fifa aren't we? Would you rather discuss said serious things instead?

    I don't mind people saying who they want to be in toty, but this thread says "PRICE DISCUSSION| MARKET CRASH|" and people here seems to only get here too argue with eachother over who they think deserve it. If someone think Pogba deserve it and not Messi or the other way around let them think so, other people doesn't have to start an argument over it.

    And this tread is about prices on cards, which is almost impossible to find people talk about here
  • ScruffyDogBurger
    3304 posts National Call-Up
    Mc_chigby wrote: »
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    You have to be pretty special to think Messi doesn't deserve to be in TOTY

    Instead of insulting people like me who have put concise and fair arguments about why I consider he doesn't make my TOTY, why don't you enlighten me as to how you have come to that decision?

    I've asked two separate people above, nicely, without trolling or being rude, how they argue Messi deserves a spot and only had silence in return.

    I have noted above how 'I' calculate in 'my' head those players who deserve TOTY for performances in 2018 and generally would like to know from people who choose Messi, how they have come to their conclusions. Messi is one of the best players in the World, no doubt, but for me his performances in 2018 (although amazing) do not outweigh others achievements.

    We watch football.

    YOU don't. FIFA clips don't count.
  • Pughy30
    26033 posts Player of the Year
    Mc_chigby wrote: »
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    You have to be pretty special to think Messi doesn't deserve to be in TOTY

    Instead of insulting people like me who have put concise and fair arguments about why I consider he doesn't make my TOTY, why don't you enlighten me as to how you have come to that decision?

    I've asked two separate people above, nicely, without trolling or being rude, how they argue Messi deserves a spot and only had silence in return.

    I have noted above how 'I' calculate in 'my' head those players who deserve TOTY for performances in 2018 and generally would like to know from people who choose Messi, how they have come to their conclusions. Messi is one of the best players in the World, no doubt, but for me his performances in 2018 (although amazing) do not outweigh others achievements.

    Messi stats for just Barca in 2018: 49 games 47 goals 23 assists, what more does he have to do as an individual?
  • Andy99TradeZ
    14055 posts Has That Special Something
    Messi has to be in. Simple as
  • Pughy30
    26033 posts Player of the Year
    The argument that Messi doesn't perform internationally i find crazy because look at the players he has to play with.
    This was the team Argentina started with against France in the Ro16 at last years WC
    b37eaa1baf03f4f41c018b6822ca4ff4.png
  • Finesse_4days
    7158 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 4
    Mc_chigby wrote: »
    Mc_chigby wrote: »
    Anyone who says Messi doesn't deserve to be in Toty is either trolling, seriously biased or knows next to nothing about football .

    As I've put twice now above, he doesn't get into my TOTY because I prefer to base it off achievements not stats. If you base it on stats then yes he should be in TOTY.

    I have no problem with your argument but it would be better if you clarified how you believe TOTY should be awarded along with sentences like the above. I am guessing you prefer to use stats?

    not stats lol, Individual performances. Messi is more than just goals his overall play is the best in the world , his ability to create chances , keep the ball in tight areas and create chances from nothing. Saying someone like Mbappe or griezmann deserves to be in instead of Messi is a joke, I am sure griezmann and mbappe would almost be embarrassed and surprised if they were in the Toty instead of Messi.

    I'm not saying he isn't an amazing player and deserved his place in past TOTY's or doesn't even deserve his place in this TOTY. However, for me TOTY should be about performances of just 2018 (you cannot take into account previous years). And to value performance of 2018 surely you should rate them in some way in your head? Thats what I personally do to come to a set of players.

    Messi is a better player than both griezmann and mbappe, no question. But for me, his 2018 isn't as good as others on the list in the forward position, because how I value their year.

    I put more value in achievements. So Mbappe scoring and helping his team win a World Cup ranks higher than Messi scoring and assisting a lot in the league etc. Adding up all the points in my head I come to a conclusion of who gets in. Its just opinion based on my own self calculations.

    I haven't once said your wrong, or your stupid for thinking your way. I'm simply putting across how I measure performances and put value to a player. I have asked a couple of times now the question but I will ask it again as I am generally interested in other peoples opinions (helps learn and improve arguments in the future).

    How do you (personally) value a players performances over the year? What is top factor in your head. You laughed at me when I suggested stats so await feedback.

    It's not stats, trophies , world cup performances or anything like that , that I would judge a player on. For me the Toty should be based on who has played at a consistently high level over the course of the year in all competitions , not just a few world cup games with players that only play together for about 10 games a year. To judge who has performed at high level for an attacker goals and assists have some importance, but a player's overall influence on a team and their consistency should also be judged as well, and Messi does much better in these categories than someone like Griezmann or Mbappe, who didn't score many goals in Ligue 1 in the first half of 2018 and his overall play is miles inferior to Messi's overall play. 4 or 5 world cup games against defenders who aren't elite level doesn't indicate greatness, especially when you play for France, who can create chances at will against the lesser nations. Also , if Messi doesn't get in it would pretty much devalue the significance and credibility of the whole team ,making it pretty pointless. Ea will put him in even if he doesn't get many votes.
  • Eisenhardt
    4122 posts National Call-Up
    SimenHP wrote: »
    Eisenhardt wrote: »
    SimenHP wrote: »
    WOW. I didn't think people took TOTY this personal. Why does it matter if Messi, Pogba, Hazard, Mbappe or whoever it is makes it in the Fifa x11? Does it impact you guys at all? I would think people had more serious things to worry about than who EA thinks are the best 11 in the world

    Yeah I have "more serious things" to worry about, but we're here to discuss Fifa aren't we? Would you rather discuss said serious things instead?

    I don't mind people saying who they want to be in toty, but this thread says "PRICE DISCUSSION| MARKET CRASH|" and people here seems to only get here too argue with eachother over who they think deserve it. If someone think Pogba deserve it and not Messi or the other way around let them think so, other people doesn't have to start an argument over it.

    And this tread is about prices on cards, which is almost impossible to find people talk about here

    There is only so much that be said about prices. And predictions of who gets in can affect the market anyway.
  • Mc_chigby
    698 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Mc_chigby wrote: »
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    You have to be pretty special to think Messi doesn't deserve to be in TOTY

    Instead of insulting people like me who have put concise and fair arguments about why I consider he doesn't make my TOTY, why don't you enlighten me as to how you have come to that decision?

    I've asked two separate people above, nicely, without trolling or being rude, how they argue Messi deserves a spot and only had silence in return.

    I have noted above how 'I' calculate in 'my' head those players who deserve TOTY for performances in 2018 and generally would like to know from people who choose Messi, how they have come to their conclusions. Messi is one of the best players in the World, no doubt, but for me his performances in 2018 (although amazing) do not outweigh others achievements.

    We watch football.

    Again turning to insults instead of having a conversation/discussion about what I've noted above doesn't really help justify your opinion, instead it just makes you look silly. Have you not heard “When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
  • solnasolna08
    1781 posts Play-Off Hero
    The leading scorer in Europe’s top 5 leagues in 2018 was Messi with 47 goals. The most assists made in Europe’s top 5 leagues in 2018 was Messi with 26. He also scored directly from more freekicks than anyone in the history of Europe’s top 5 leagues.

    and some people dont want him in the toty..
Sign In or Register to comment.