Fifa 19 Icon review/price discussion thread

Comments

• TomGenever14
    1322 posts Professional
    edited January 2019
    Picked 90 Gullit back up for 4,550,000. Lowest I’ve seen one go in a few days, after I sold him for just under 4.9 at the weekend
  • JimmyVulmer
    6508 posts Big Money Move
    Prime Eusebio a better CAM than Pele or Cruyff? Playing 41212-2
  • Scutch
    15010 posts World Class
    Prime Eusebio a better CAM than Pele or Cruyff? Playing 41212-2

I use him as my striker. He’s ace.
  • S-Dog
    2784 posts Fans' Favourite
    Scutch wrote: »
    S-Dog wrote: »
    CGwzsQP.jpg

How would you improve this with 700k (PS4 prices)?

Ramos, Varane, Lala, Courtois, Mbappe & Rivaldo are all untradeable.

Kondogbia looks the obvious one to replace but he's been quite good for me.

About a mil short of replacing Pele with R94, not sure if I'd even want to though.

I play 4231 ingame, thoughts?

Hell of a team that. Shame a lot of your coins were tied up in Rivaldo. So many great options for LM/CAM etc. UCL Douglas Costa or OTW Felipe Anderson are incredible, for example.

I bought R94 (Ronaldo, not Ronaldinho) a few days ago and sold him after 5 games. Just realised I had far too many coins in one player, and it was at the detriment to the rest of my team.

Felipe Anderson was very good and Rivaldo was his replacement, Rivaldo has been a massive success for me at CCAM, scores so many goals.

Having the same feeling about R94, not sure if I can spend 6mil on a player that's not even a prime.

He was good, definitely, but it's so demoralising when you score a couple of goals and the opponent does the exact same with someone like Son or Mertens and you think, I've got a 6m player here and he's definitely not going to win me every single game or score with every shot so why bother? Suppose it's about fun as well though, but I wanted a better "overall" team than just one great player.

Yeah I hear you, Pele is pretty fun, but also half of my entire coins, not sure if there's anyone better around the 5mil mark, TOTY could bring some interesting options.

Issue is, I can't see anywhere I can improve my team massively at the moment, maybe Eusebio over CR7? Makelele over Kondogbia?
  • FrankFrank
    3801 posts National Call-Up
    Sk-rmbillede-2019-01-03-kl-16-50-29.png

Sol completed for future fodder. Anyone tried him yet?
  • Scutch
    15010 posts World Class
    edited January 2019
    Worth selling Eusebio, Neymar and Telles and getting IF Messi, CR7 and TOTGS Alba?

Messi's price has came down to just under 1.9m now.

Wish I could settle on a team.

46531796072_7c21b03f8a_z.jpg
  • Roc_Xel
    1452 posts Play-Off Hero
    Worth selling Eusebio, Neymar and Telles and getting IF Messi, CR7 and TOTGS Alba?

Nice team. Was playing Alves too with Blanc next to him (who replaced Varane) and I have now tried Lala TIF as I needed him at some point for chem over Alves (link with Kante back then) man there is no possible question that Lala TIF (and maybe even SIF, did not try him) is a MASSIVE upgrade over Alves. He'is just as much up front delivering crosses and , actually, scoring a few too (3 in 30 games), but he is way, way better at the back, and will actually be where you need him to be, covering centre like a pro too when needed.

I don't need him for Chem reasons any longer, but there is no way I go back to Alves who has not played a single minute since I tried Lala. Guy is insane.
  • RebelRob
    6694 posts Big Money Move
    @Scutch

You’re just like me 😂

Although I’ve found a team I’m happy with at the moment. In the last month I’ve probably lost 500k in tax which would be lovely right now, but you have to change it up to see what works so can’t complain really as I’ve used a fair few icons I wanted to try.

I’d say if the teams doing alright just stick with it for the moment. Or maybe sell Eusebio and see if any totys take your fancy?
  • Roc_Xel
    1452 posts Play-Off Hero
    After some 2 weeks of trying like 5-6 different players and losing probably close to 1 mio in tax, I have finally found my CAM to play in my 4-1-2-1-2 (2) behind CR7 and Eusebio.

IT is prime Socrates. I finally found everything I love about a CAM. I had Cruyff 91, then 94 for long periods of time, but was playing cruyff up front and Euseb cam, and since I sold Cruyff who was too weak for me, I could not find a decent CAM, having decided to put Euseb up front (where he is better, I changed my opinion I now prefer him up front than cam. He's an absolute beast up front).

I have tried Dinho, Messi 96, Neymar 94, and a couple others, but prime Socrates is special. He has a unique feel about him I did not find with any other player, probably due to his size. He moves so well it's impossible to take the ball off of him I find, yet his dribbles are so precise despite his size.

He has a class of its own which makes him completely unique. Power shots (that is any shoot that is not finesse) will go in no matter what, and his passing is perfect.

I have now played 26 games, he scored 19 and assisted 11. I never EVER had such a ratio with any CAM playing behind 2 strikers.

He has everything I was looking for I am so happy that I got to like him. It is also, somehow, pretty cool to play an icon that few people play with, did not meet him yet I think in one of my opponent's team.

Absolutely love the guy, he s a beast. And having such size at CAM is super interesting too.
  • Fleischmichel
    228 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Would keep my hands of if Messi right now, the upgrade doenst justify the rather small increase of stats and toty is just right around the corner ....
  • Scutch
    15010 posts World Class
    edited January 2019
    RebelRob wrote: »
    @Scutch

You’re just like me 😂

Although I’ve found a team I’m happy with at the moment. In the last month I’ve probably lost 500k in tax which would be lovely right now, but you have to change it up to see what works so can’t complain really as I’ve used a fair few icons I wanted to try.

I’d say if the teams doing alright just stick with it for the moment. Or maybe sell Eusebio and see if any totys take your fancy?

@RebelRob I posted this in the TOTY thread:

I get that TOTY players are highly sought after cards, but is a TOTY Mbappe (as an example) really worth well over 10x the price of his NIF or even more than 5x the price of his already incredible IF? He's not scoring 10x or 5x as many goals, and I doubt he's contributing towards that either.

I guess it's about that end-game team lineup though. I just see that as a HUGE price for a player who probably won't stay in your team when new Icons are released or when TOTS hits and prices drop.

I'm struggling justifying using Eusebio and he's an icon. I would never be able to rest on a non-Icon player worth over 3m coins just sitting in my team. I'd love it, and it would look very pretty and I'm sure they'd do a grand job, but that's a lot of pennies invested in one player.

I mean, as an example, for the price of my Eusebio (or thereabouts) I could have IF Messi (or Ronaldo), Neymar, Mbappe, RTTF Kondogbia, Kante and Pogba :|
  • Scutch
    15010 posts World Class
    edited January 2019
    Looks nice on paper, would all be on 10 chem except Mbappe (on 8), but at the loss of Neymar and Eusebio... :/

46587360841_14f862a3b8_z.jpg
  • RebelRob
    6694 posts Big Money Move
    RebelRob wrote: »
    @Scutch

You’re just like me 😂

@RebelRob I posted this in the TOTY thread:

I get that TOTY players are highly sought after cards, but is a TOTY Mbappe (as an example) really worth well over 10x the price of his NIF or even more than 5x the price of his already incredible IF? He's not scoring 10x or 5x as many goals, and I doubt he's contributing towards that either.

I guess it's about that end-game team lineup though. I just see that as a HUGE price for a player who probably won't stay in your team when new Icons are released or when TOTS hits and prices drop.

I'm struggling justifying using Eusebio and he's an icon. I would never be able to rest on a non-Icon player worth over 3m coins just sitting in my team. I'd love it, and it would look very pretty and I'm sure they'd do a grand job, but that's a lot of pennies invested in one player.

I mean, as an example, for the price of my Eusebio (or thereabouts) I could have IF Messi (or Ronaldo), Neymar, Mbappe, RTTF Kondogbia, Kante and Pogba :|

Tbf for me icons > all. Toty are just current players juiced up, but r9/Eusebio/cruyff are actual legends of the game. Yes they’re incredibly expensive, and you could argue other less expensive players can perform at 98% of what they can, but it’s the extra 2% you get from icons that make it worth it for me.

Yeah the bigger icons like cruyff, r9, Eusebio etc are mental coins on one card, but they have the ‘je ne sais quoi’ that makes them special. It’s more enjoyable scoring a blinder with cruyff and losing than scoring 4/5 with the usual suspects for me.

And for me, the only players I’d be comfortable sitting on worth a high value of coins would be an icon because of their costs staying fairly relative to the market, any other card will drop but high value nifs can drop a higher percentage in relation to everyone else.

It’s really a case of what you’re happy with though imo.

Some people just want the best, most meta players possible and to win at all costs, in which case the toty players are about the best of the best. But still, r96 when his sbc is released will be on a par, and only cost the same as a toty attacker if not less, so for me there’s certain icons that will always be better value than toty for what they offer overall.

Still, in your situation I’d be worried having such a high amount of coins in a baby icon. Knowing ea are seemingly throwing random things about, a base icon sbc (admittedly unlikely to be seen before February) could knock 750k off him immediately.

Still, as nice as your other team looks, I’d still rather use Eusebio, but that’s me.
  • Vinny1979
    5294 posts Big Money Move
    FrankFrank wrote: »
    Sk-rmbillede-2019-01-03-kl-16-50-29.png

Sol completed for future fodder. Anyone tried him yet?

hows klose?
  • hugy
    3 posts Ball Boy
    Do you think Hernandez's price will fall after toty release? When should i sell him if i don't want to lose tons of coins? If he loses value with toty
  • S-Dog
    2784 posts Fans' Favourite
    Anyone selling up before TOTY?
  • LeonidasJB
    16783 posts World Class
    Just completed Run Costa SBC. Cost me about 350k using the LG Upgrade SBCs the other day and just finished the 87 part now.
    I did sacrifice FB Sturridge though.

Going to use him for now and I hope he is really good, but will be sacrificed should a really good Icon CM/CAM/CDM SBC is released in near future.
  • S P 4 C E Y
    2538 posts Fans' Favourite
    MisterJV wrote: »
    holdenwait wrote: »
    too early for Kaka and Totti next year?

neither are legends but who knows

Lol. Kaka Ballon d’or winner and Totti WC winner. If they aren’t legends we can get rid of plenty more like Kluivert, Shearer, Owen, Campbell, Ferdinand and 30 more.
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    Just completed Run Costa SBC. Cost me about 350k using the LG Upgrade SBCs the other day and just finished the 87 part now.
    I did sacrifice FB Sturridge though.

Going to use him for now and I hope he is really good, but will be sacrificed should a really good Icon CM/CAM/CDM SBC is released in near future.

He’s much better than I expected. I did him to trade in later but he’s great at LCM in a 41212
  • iamthebest
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    any tips. Got a 1 million. Wich icon is the most game changer for that amount?
  • Rb10119
    2750 posts Fans' Favourite
    90 Adp is a beast
    Swapped Messi for him
  • krakos000
    17658 posts World Class
    iamthebest wrote: »

Baby Best, Prime Rivaldo
  • JimmyVulmer
    6508 posts Big Money Move
    Anyone selling up before TOTY?

Aye
  • iamthebest
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    rivaldo 2 star wf
    krakos000 wrote: »

Baby Best, Prime Rivaldo

• krakos000
    17658 posts World Class
    rivaldo 2 star wf

Baby Best, Prime Rivaldo

Another non believer
  • Andy99TradeZ
    16641 posts World Class
    rivaldo 2 star wf

Baby Best, Prime Rivaldo

Another non believer

• WonderMouse
    2127 posts Fans' Favourite
    Want to get Prime Cruyff to play Cam but de Bruyne is there, could play him solo up top but maybe he's too weak?
  • Fleischmichel
    228 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Baby Matthäus
  • Noob_FC
    3151 posts National Call-Up
    Rb10119 wrote: »
    90 Adp is a beast
    Swapped Messi for him

I had 1 open position for CAM position. Got 88 Raul for RCAM and 89 Nedved for CCAM. Would you recommend 89 Nedved as RCAM and 90 Del P at CCAM?
  • Finesse_4days
    10257 posts Has That Special Something

89 Nedved
  • Noob_FC
    3151 posts National Call-Up

89 Nedved for any of the forward position. I can say that CR7 misses more finnesse shots than 89 Nedved for me.