No appetite for bronze/silvers

Alex_cr
5077 posts Big Money Move
Decided to do the weekly challenge using only bronzes. I love making random teams and using players you normally would pretty much discard.

There’s a lot of complaints about underutilising these cards but it’s obvious why. Getting any sort of match was difficult but getting a high latency match was near impossible.

I’m afraid that EA seem to have followed what the consumer wanted on this one.

Comments

• Korlezz
    637 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Time for a bronze weekend league requirements
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    3278 posts National Call-Up
    Order Thai next time.
  • Alex_cr
    Korlezz wrote: »

I would be well up for it. Not sure that’d be the general consensus!
  • Korlezz
    637 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    Korlezz wrote: »

I would be well up for it. Not sure that’d be the general consensus!

Be a refreshing change,im up for that to.

• JordVorenholt
    434 posts Sunday League Hero
    I figured because my best bronzes weren't selling

probably most find the reward not good enough

• nj10
    2194 posts Fans' Favourite
    Aye agree with you. A
    I figured because my best bronzes weren't selling

probably most find the reward not good enough

Could be more after WL

But reward is trash I won’t be doing it.
  • Alex_cr
    I thought people wanted to use bronze and silvers for variety and fun? The rewards weren’t great in the old tournaments.
  • Alano0031
    343 posts Sunday League Hero
    I thought people wanted to use bronze and silvers for variety and fun? The rewards weren’t great in the old tournaments.

Am I right in thinking you could match full gold teams? That's why no one will do it.
  • Alex_cr
    Alano0031 wrote: »

Am I right in thinking you could match full gold teams? That's why no one will do it.

I guess you could. I didn’t though.
  • Alano0031
    343 posts Sunday League Hero

Fair enough, I can't play again until Monday now though. So I bet there will be gold teams by then.
  • Alex_cr

Fair enough, I can't play again until Monday now though. So I bet there will be gold teams by then.

It was very difficult to get a decent game because of lack of opponents. I have to admit that I felt like giving up it was that bad.
  • Dazza5780
    355 posts Sunday League Hero
    Didn't' we have bronze or silver requirements for WL last year or may have been 17. That would be so sweet rather than playing the same Prem teams every single time.
  • Alex_cr
    Dazza5780 wrote: »
    Didn't' we have bronze or silver requirements for WL last year or may have been 17. That would be so sweet rather than playing the same Prem teams every single time.

Yes we had silver requirements - people complained as they didn’t spend all that time building their ultimate team to not use it.
  • Pieman25
    16241 posts World Class

Yes we had silver requirements - people complained as they didn’t spend all that time building their ultimate team to not use it.

Think that's part of the problem, people want them until they get them and then realise it's a short lived enjoyment. Especially if it had low rewards and uses up games that could help boost their normal team.
  • Dazza5780
    355 posts Sunday League Hero

That's a shame, used to be fun, shame champs is a chore now rather than fun.
  • Alex_cr
    Pieman25 wrote: »

Think that's part of the problem, people want them until they get them and then realise it's a short lived enjoyment. Especially if it had low rewards and uses up games that could help boost their normal team.

Yeah - I think it’s an excuse to bash EA. There’s plenty of problems with the game but as I said I think they’ve responded to the players desires in dropping the silver and bronze tournaments.