Been having a lot of success with 4-2-4

SP300x
133 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited December 2018
I trialled this formation as a way of trying to think outside of the box and ended my losing streak in Rivals. Im Currently 5-0 up in WL with this formation also but time will tell if I do better than my usual finishes of Silver 1 / Gold 3. If youre looking for a formation to really stretch opponents with tight passing triangles out wide and play killer balls to the other side this formation is the one.

My other game plans are to switch to 4-2-2-2 or 4-4-2 or 4-1-2-1-2 (2) in different situations

My team is not amazing but its doing the job atm (mostly untradeable)

LS - Icardi NIF (he has been absolutely immense so far. Cant even imagine what his IF card is like)

RS - POTM Aubameyang

LW - CL Perisic

RW - Salah NIF

LCM - Nainggolan

RCM - UEL RTTF Mkhitaryan

LB - CL Asamoah (saving up for alex sandro, however he has been doing the job perfectly for a 6k player)

LCB - Bonnucci

RCB - VVD

RB - CL RTTF Aurier (using as an investment)

GK - Alisson

Comments

• Dronegan
    995 posts Professional
    Nice that it works out for you. I find it very easy to play against 424 especially if i score the first goal.
  • SP300x
    Dronegan wrote: »
    Nice that it works out for you. I find it very easy to play against 424 especially if i score the first goal.

Which setup are you using currently ? Would be good to know what formations are especially good at countering this
  • Dronegan
    995 posts Professional
    SP300x wrote: »

Which setup are you using currently ? Would be good to know what formations are especially good at countering this

Only use 4231 and 4231(2) when defending the last 10 minutes.
    Thing i feel is bad with 424 is that you lose the midfield.

Sometimes when people are chasing a goal and switch to it i can just pass the ball around in the middle of the pitch . There is a huge gap between the 4 defenders and the 4 attackers.
  • SP300x
    SP300x wrote: »

Only use 4231 and 4231(2) when defending the last 10 minutes.
    Thing i feel is bad with 424 is that you lose the midfield.

Sometimes when people are chasing a goal and switch to it i can just pass the ball around in the middle of the pitch . There is a huge gap between the 4 defenders and the 4 attackers.

I switch to 4-2-2-2 or 4-4-2 when I think im being overrun in midfield
  • Boerieboys
    467 posts Sunday League Hero
    I switch to 4-2-4 when going all out on attack. When you are able to get the ball past their midfield, to your forwards it becomes extremely dangerous and have scored several equalizers/winning goals with it. I do like to play with a CAM normally, so that's putting me off to not using it more often.
  • Diggy
    13617 posts Has That Special Something
    I liked 4-2-4 if the CMs were CDMs it would have been better