Career Mode Story Help Thread (Resources, Graphics, Collabs and General Help)

Alastair
9928 posts Moderator
The Career Mode Story Help Thread is a thread where you can get any help you need with your career mode story.

This thread is a merger of the old Resource, Graphics and Collab threads as well being a general story help thread. Use this thread to browse for resources to use in your stories, show off and get feedback on your latest work in progress graphics, find a partner to do a Collab with or just ask for any other general help and advice with your story.

Comments

• Alastair
    9928 posts Moderator
    edited September 2018
    FAQs

What is a Career Mode Story?
    • A Career Mode Story is story of a members progress on FIFA 15. It can be as detailed or as simple as the writer wants it to be and it can even be in video format. You do not need to be able to make graphics to do a story. Stories can be done in almost every mode of the game but Career Mode and Tournament Mode are the two most commonly done.

What is a Collab?
    • A Collab is a collaboration between two (or more) members. The most common examples are if one member plays the matches and writes the updates and another member makes all the graphics.

Where should I start?
    • Feel free to jump into any story in the section and comment on in, it doesn't matter if you only start reading part way through a story, the writer will be as happy to see you if you join on page 1 or page 100.

You might also like to introduce yourself to the rest of the members in the section, to do that why not make a post on the Chat Thread saying hi and maybe even letting us know a bit about who you like using in CM.

If you want to start a story and want some advice on anything to do with the thread then use this thread. We will be more than happy to help answer any of your questions to help you.

If you have any questions about the forum then please send one of the Career Mode Stories moderators a message. The Career Mode Stories moderators are:
      Why is no-one commenting on my story?
      • There are various reasons people don't comment on stories. The most common reasons are you not commenting on anyone else's story (it is polite to return the favour if someone comments on yours), you ignore constructive criticism from members or you are a newer member. If it is because you are a newer member then stick with the story and over time more and more people will comment on it. Don't start several stories within a few days as this will put people off reading them. We like to think of CMS as a friendly community so in most cases people will comment on most stories but if you are unlucky and this doesn't happen then don't give up, people will comment if you are consistent.

How can I make my story mobile friendly?
      • This guide written by the Community Manager, Rob, explains how to make your forum content mobile friendly. It is written for people planning to write Guides but is equally applicable to users writing Career Mode Stories.

What formatting options are there to make my story look good?
      • This guide written by the one of the Writers, LT, explains how you can use BB code in your posts. It covers font size and colour as well as the options easily accessible from the bar of shortcuts available when making a post
    Post edited by Alastair on
  • Alastair
    9928 posts Moderator
    MLyQ15C.png

This is a thread which aims to improve the quality of the stories on this forums by providing tutorials, graphics and other resources which are free for any member to use.

This pack contains tutorials, graphics and other resources which are free for any member to use for their story on this forums.

RrA8Thy.png

If you wish to add anything to the pack then feel free to post it here or send me a PM and I'll provide you with a URL you can use to directly upload it to the pack.

If you would like to have help compile this pack then send me a PM and I can set up edit privileges to the folder for you.
  • LaMertesackerRun
    6214 posts Big Money Move
    Second post needs updating @Alastair 😉
  • Alastair
    9928 posts Moderator

Thanks for the heads up. I've updated it to reflect the fact all the other mods deserted the section and I'm the only one left. ;)

Hope you're well anyway. Long time no speak. :)
  • LaMertesackerRun
    6214 posts Big Money Move
    Alastair wrote: »

Thanks for the heads up. I've updated it to reflect the fact all the other mods deserted the section and I'm the only one left. ;)

Pretty much the only one :# b

Yeah I’m not too bad, has been a while, still a lurker though in ELL and a couple threads here :p You alright these days?
  • Alastair
    9928 posts Moderator

Pretty much the only one :# b

Yeah I’m not too bad, has been a while, still a lurker though in ELL and a couple threads here :p You alright these days?

Good to hear. Hopefully that lurking turns into posting. ;)

Yeah, I'm good thanks. Final year of uni now though so it's starting to get tough.
  • Chris
    5386 posts Big Money Move
    I've lost all the previous PowerPoint files. It's over before it even started for me
  • Ashy
    8855 posts League Winner
    Chris wrote: »
    I've lost all the previous PowerPoint files. It's over before it even started for me

Noooo
  • Stlducks
    1351 posts Professional
    edited September 2018
    Just tested picture and deleted.
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    (I originally posted in comment section when I meant to post this here. :# )

Hey guys. Hoping to get my story out the door shortly, but I wanted to get some feedback on training players. One of the objectives is to increase two academy players rating by ten points and play them in ten matches in the season. I kind of view training players too often to increase rating by that much as cheating. In the past, I've limited myself to one training session per game month, which translated to training 5 players in a game month. I feel it's more realistic that players increase their rating by playing matches rather than constantly training them. In order to meet the objective, I would likely have to have a player train a least twice a game month.

I guess I'm asking people's views on training and how often its' done.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    I agree. I also don't think it's a fair system and should be limited. Players with a certain potential will go through the roof without even playing much.
    I also limit myself to train the youth players in order to reach the board objectives (like the one you've got) and once they are called up to the senior squad I just train them until they reach a maximum of 70 if there aren't new youth academy players. In case of senior players I do train them just in certain circumstances like at the moment I've got Ondrej Duda who's a great player. But his stamina is far too low and he's done around the 60' minute. In real life they're all able to play 90 minutes so in this case I do train him on stamina. That's it. Just to make it bit realistic in this case. But normally all players in the senior squad are training by giving them play time.
    Usually I don't do a training session every week. It's more about every second week so two training sessions per month then. That's how I handle it.
  • Chris
    5386 posts Big Money Move
    vYkejPH.png

Still need to tighten up a few things but I think its decent so far
  • Danimal5981
    2094 posts Fans' Favourite
    Chris wrote: »
    vYkejPH.png

Still need to tighten up a few things but I think its decent so far

"me likes"
  • Stlducks
    1351 posts Professional
    edited October 2018
    Test
  • WestardLord
    1370 posts Professional
    That looks beautiful. I'm drooling.

Also, for any of you on PC, https://fifatracker.net is fantastic for tracking your team's progress
  • Everything that's not made in Photoshop for me it is a damn relief as I really don't understand many things of the program itself, so GIMP is a really good alternative. I'm glad you included it.
  • Alastair
    9928 posts Moderator
    alexis9000 wrote: »
    Everything that's not made in Photoshop for me it is a damn relief as I really don't understand many things of the program itself, so GIMP is a really good alternative. I'm glad you included it.

I've always used GIMP. If you spend enough time then you can make anything in GIMP (same as PS).
  • @Alastair , I ain't got no access to the "Using Forum BBCode" link anymore.
  • Alastair
    9928 posts Moderator
    @Alastair , I ain't got no access to the "Using Forum BBCode" link anymore.

Looks like it's been archived. I've pinged one of the EA staff so it should be viewable again tomorrow morning when they get into work. Thanks for letting me know. :)

• Alastair wrote: »

Looks like it's been archived. I've pinged one of the EA staff so it should be viewable again tomorrow morning when they get into work. Thanks for letting me know. :)

I still can't access it, tough. Are you sure it's really problem of the EA Staff? 'Cause to me it looks a little bit more like an informatic problem, or to better say, internet or webpage problem. Look --> https://i.postimg.cc/KYBzRHjd/no-permission.png
  • Alastair
    9928 posts Moderator

I still can't access it, tough. Are you sure it's really problem of the EA Staff? 'Cause to me it looks a little bit more like an informatic problem, or to better say, internet or webpage problem. Look --> https://i.postimg.cc/KYBzRHjd/no-permission.png

Yeah, they've had issues sorting it.

It's a forum permissions problem which only the EA staff can sort (as mods we don't have moderation powers in the archived sections - we can view most things in there but can't move them). The problem is when it was archived the setting was done wrong so the normal EA staff can't access it either. One of the IT people will be sorting it in the next couple of days.

What is it you're trying to do with BB code? I can probably tell you what to write. Alternatively try this page.

Yeah, they've had issues sorting it.

It's a forum permissions problem which only the EA staff can sort (as mods we don't have moderation powers in the archived sections - we can view most things in there but can't move them). The problem is when it was archived the setting was done wrong so the normal EA staff can't access it either. One of the IT people will be sorting it in the next couple of days.

What is it you're trying to do with BB code? I can probably tell you what to write. Alternatively try this page.

Honestly I wasn't needing it right now. But I was just trying to look at the page, 'cause I never know when I might need it.
  • Alastair
    9928 posts Moderator
    @alexis9000 You should be able to access it now. :)
    @alexis9000 You should be able to access it now. :)

Yep, I am. Thanks a lot :)
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    Found a bug in the game. An own goal by the other team will prevent your goalkeeper from registering a clean sheet even if there are no goals against your team. I noticed this in FIFA18 as well, but I'm too lazy tired to report a bug. Maybe someone can do it for me. :tired_face:
  • Stlducks
    1351 posts Professional
    So Christmas came early at my house this year, my wife bought me a PS4 slim since the PS4 I have is the original and crashes often. This means I will be ending my Crystal Palace career and starting a new one on the new system.

I'm debating between a realistic Spurs one (not spending often, paying off the stadium, dealing with Poch possibly leaving) or a Sunderland one to bring themback up. My question is, has anyone played on Ultimate difficutly? Is it realistic in terms of how the CPU plays?
  • Danimal5981
    2094 posts Fans' Favourite
    My XP is that Legendary represents a realistic level.

I can win an average game with 2-0, 3-0. Against the league's best it's even-steven, while against the top 15 European teams I'm having a challenge. So it nears real life experience.

Ultimate is a challenge for sure, but it shouldn't be that Ajax are struggling against a mid table team. My point is: for a team that plays top 4 legendary is good, but if you go for a relegation fight, ultimate might be suitable.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    I play Legendary level and you can see that it's a challenge for me... I've never played Ultimate level, because I suppose it's too much for me. I guess it depends on your personal experience with the game.

With Real Sociedad, I really suffered in many games... OM have a higher level and I realize that we're far from PSG and I struggle against teams like Lyon or Benfica, while also having lots of difficulties against mid-high teams. Add the fact that, whenever the team rotates, the overall level of the team is worse, so any rival can be a problem.

In any case, I am far from being a good FIFA player... In the last years, I've never won a title except for one or two cup titles and an Europa League final some time ago.

I am going to miss the Crystal Palace career, because I truly liked it, so wishing you start a new one. :)
  • Stlducks
    1351 posts Professional
    My XP is that Legendary represents a realistic level.

I can win an average game with 2-0, 3-0. Against the league's best it's even-steven, while against the top 15 European teams I'm having a challenge. So it nears real life experience.

Ultimate is a challenge for sure, but it shouldn't be that Ajax are struggling against a mid table team. My point is: for a team that plays top 4 legendary is good, but if you go for a relegation fight, ultimate might be suitable.

Thanks for your input. I find it hard to tell because it seems when I play FIFA, each experience is different. In my Palace career I played on Legendary or World Class and sometimes on Legendary I would beat Man City but then lose to Watford on World Class so it is hard to tell. Though, much like real life, the randomness makes it fun. I just don't want to start a career with Tottenham and have it be like FIFA 18 where it became too easy at times.
    subpop wrote: »
    I play Legendary level and you can see that it's a challenge for me... I've never played Ultimate level, because I suppose it's too much for me. I guess it depends on your personal experience with the game.

With Real Sociedad, I really suffered in many games... OM have a higher level and I realize that we're far from PSG and I struggle against teams like Lyon or Benfica, while also having lots of difficulties against mid-high teams. Add the fact that, whenever the team rotates, the overall level of the team is worse, so any rival can be a problem.

In any case, I am far from being a good FIFA player... In the last years, I've never won a title except for one or two cup titles and an Europa League final some time ago.

I am going to miss the Crystal Palace career, because I truly liked it, so wishing you start a new one. :)

I would not call myself a "great" FIFA player, average at best I'd say which is still fun for me. I am glad you enjoyed the Palace career, I will be starting a new one for sure. I will be missing the Palace career but must admit it is exciting playing on a system that I know will always work. I lost a career last season because of my system crashing, found a way to fix the PS4 but it would still randomly crash or not start so I found myself replaying games at times. Now I will be able to play on a system that I am confident will not crash when I am winning 1-0 at the 80' mark!!