How are they doing AI defending so well

How do they do it I can’t score proper goals! I manually defend I don’t know how they manage to do it can anyone help me?

Comments

• M@nt!c
    3262 posts National Call-Up
    Bump. Sorry to jack in but i need to know aswell
  • Senth6
    882 posts Professional
    Put ya controller down and see for ya self when you are defending
  • Just stop playing?
  • bigpokey24
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    PeteB7977 wrote: »
    How do they do it I can’t score proper goals! I manually defend I don’t know how they manage to do it can anyone help me?

Rubbish you don't manually defend. You tackle with one player, is that what you call manual defending?
  • I control the player nearest the ball and my own tackles is what I mean
  • I’m asking a straight question how do other people manage to use the AI side of defending so well
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    The whole point is to not tackle with your player but select your CM, and run around with him to intercept passing lanes and never switch to a defending player till you get the ball back
  • Maybe I’ll give it a go I need some help following the new patch
  • Jonboyparker
    6211 posts Big Money Move
    There is literally only 2 ways to defend. Cut passing lanes or press the attacker. A combination of both should be used at the right times.

Use your CM or CDM to cut passing lanes. Force your opposition to make a mistake or pass in a different direction. When they beat the midfield, switch to defense, steady your player and time your tackle. Cover the gaps and don't charge out. Do not hold sprint when tackling.

A good manual defender will not chase shadows with one player. The problem with defending is you can not control all your players at once and when you attack they get out of position. YOu need to regain your shape as soon as possible.
  • M@nt!c
    3262 posts National Call-Up
    Maybe I’ll give it a go I need some help following the new patch

How you evolving atm?
  • BSDShoes
    3138 posts National Call-Up
    Stkyfngz wrote: »
    The whole point is to not tackle with your player but select your CM, and run around with him to intercept passing lanes and never switch to a defending player till you get the ball back

^ this, it's very sad that it's best to do it this way. Also turn off pass block assist, it lets you control when to do it more responsively.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    Watch a clip from Nep's stream. He literally put his controller down and his defender automatically chased down the attacker and made a crazy goal saving block. But FIFA is about skill, right? Lol.
  • Empyrium7
    3741 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2018

ask @bigpokey24 . he knows how to AI defend.
  • bigpokey24
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    If you just run with your CMs you will be punished, these are the ways to punish those defending with just the CMs

• Empyrium7
    3741 posts National Call-Up
    bigpokey24 wrote: »
    If you just run with your CMs you will be punished, these are the ways to punish those defending with just the CMs

after watching both videos, obviously he is not using the AI to defend. he is switching to the closest player to the ball. Plus. he is not a good player. judging from how he defends or even attacks.

1st video: good passing even though he is not cutting obvious passing lanes. got a lucky reflection which put you in a good position to make the last pass. you didn't break any AI though.

2nd video: he intercepted the ball twice and didn't know what to do with it. you didn't unlock the AI. you just finessed it from the sweat spot. he controlled the closest player when you took the shot. look at the stupid animation his player did when you took the shot. if he left it for the AI, the player would have blocked it.
  • Rename123456
    98 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited December 2018
    This is AI defending..Is so ❤️❤️❤️❤️..1 vs 1 against the defender but the only option I have is to pass the ball backwards because he's defending with the CPU so I can't do anything to go pass towards that defender

But don't worry, the good thing is that this got fixed already!
  • JayyThunder
    5051 posts Big Money Move
    People run back with a cm/cdm. Hold r1 or second man press and manually mark another attacker or just play the passing lanes. It’s stupid, it’s broken, it’s not how you’re supposed to play defense in this game and it’s a game ruiner because of the closing of the skill gap. The AI just mirrors everything, cuts everything out and blocks everything. The only way to get around it is with fake shots and scoop turns...BUT with the delay and the fact that the AI defending recovers SOOO fast, by the time you get through your movement they can recover and make the tackle anyway. It’s a joke
  • Noob_FC
    3151 posts National Call-Up

Rubbish you don't manually defend. You tackle with one player, is that what you call manual defending?

Didn't know you could tackle with multiple players simultaneously... Ninja technique for defending?
  • Rename123456
    98 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited December 2018
    It's pointless to play FIFA Online, you are not playing against a human at all...Such a shame the FIFA players still do not understand it, Madden players are smarter than most of the fifa players.
  • gustavoterzaghi
    138 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Stkyfngz wrote: »

When I see them chasing me with their cdm I start sprinting, and get past the defenders without much effort. Keep doing that please
  • Noob_FC
    3151 posts National Call-Up

Lol... He was constantly changing the player... That is not AI defending which is why he may have been punished.

You got lucky goal in the 1st one.. I would still think it was risky assist.

For the second one he tried to get pogba in line, but the player lunged(Not his fault, stupid animation) and he was controlling the defender in front of mertens, if not (it would have been blocked).. which is AI defending for you. It should be opposite where the shots are blocked if he controls the player and not AI blocking
  • iamthebest
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    every FIFA same problems