Patch 1.07 has significantly improved my connection & gameplay

Vichy360
264 posts Sunday League Hero
I had amazing connection in fifa through last 9 years until f19 which was never stable & affected my results widely, but I really can judge after 30 games in DR on 2 different accounts that finally I am enjoying the game.
BTW, it's really less RNG also since the patch & this is coming from a 41 years old software/gaming developer.
Something big in the code has changed guys, just try using a dedicated wired connection with low ping to fifa/console.

Comments

• Vichy360
    @EA_Andy
    Can u stick a thread about how to check ur connection ping & how to optimize it for gamers who know nothing about it?
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2018
    ....for you. many other are not in the same boat. A patch , I assume < is supposed to improve things for the majority. no clue if this has.
  • TacoDaPug
    522 posts An Exciting Prospect
    NOPE
  • Latanaka
    911 posts Professional
    Vichy360 wrote: »
    @EA_Andy
    Can u stick a thread about how to check ur connection ping & how to optimize it for gamers who know nothing about it?

Its defo not the speed, i have a 50Mbit connection, not that special..
    Most be something else, that most of us dont understand 😂
  • Noob_FC
    3151 posts National Call-Up
    Just give it a week to judge... whats the rush to judge it in a day... only a few good results is not the criteria
  • Vichy360
    Latanaka wrote: »
    @EA_Andy

Its defo not the speed, i have a 50Mbit connection, not that special..
    Most be something else, that most of us dont understand 😂

It's Latency (ping)
    A 2MB line with lower latency is better than a 200MB line with higher latency in gaming.

• Vichy360
    Noob_FC wrote: »
    Just give it a week to judge... whats the rush to judge it in a day... only a few good results is not the criteria

Not placebo really, but will keep updating after WL.
  • CounterLicious
    1071 posts Professional
    I have the best connection possible, no packet loss and I apparently live near the servers (I'm in the Netherlands). It didn't change anything. Still unresponsive and laggy. This while I can play literally any other game perfectly fine on my Xbox.
  • smcali23
    1229 posts Professional
    @EA_Andy

How do you do it?
  • NornIron
    13800 posts Has That Special Something
    First thing we need to know what servers we're connecting too. EA say here ping that address in America.
  • Mdewc
    285 posts Sunday League Hero
    I am from Hungary.

But the game worse than ever since the new patch.

80/80 Mbit internet... low ping.

More delay than ever. More ai controlling than ever.
  • bigpokey24
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    I had amazing connection in fifa through last 9 years until f19 which was never stable & affected my results widely, but I really can judge after 30 games in DR on 2 different accounts that finally I am enjoying the game.
    BTW, it's really less RNG also since the patch & this is coming from a 41 years old software/gaming developer.
    Something big in the code has changed guys, just try using a dedicated wired connection with low ping to fifa/console.

Likewise , for the first time I played about 10 to 15 DR games today and not one single delay. Played in the morning. Afternoon and early evening, taking a rest now. I think many of us suffered delays because those with bad internet were compensated resulting in packet loss for those with better ISPs...I will test the WL, and see if there are any differences. Yes the games are still sweaty, but it has no single delay and I am playing on 4 bars minimum
  • JDSPGA2
    91 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    For me right now the gameplay is unplayable it's so delayed. It will be good after 10 PM central USA time. What is frustrating is I have a connection that speedtests to 10ms Ping, 215 mbps DOWN and 11.5 UP. That's a pretty fast connection yet my gameplay is still terrible. I just don't get it. Really frustrating to have to wait until late at night to play smooth gameplay.