FIFA 19 proposal for competitive modes with full manual settings only

Comments

• BSDShoes
    1628 posts Play-Off Hero
    I love full manual for career and pro clubs, but for FUT (if I ever bother with it) I will use semi/assisted, the delay and team chemistry makes manual difficult.
  • eladlad
    545 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Am i the only one that can't stand the fact that in fifa 19 The gk just can't pass the ball on the ground with his hands if we are using manual settings? Even if i tap the pass button he will throw it high in the air.
    Found out it only happens with manual passing.
    A must fix.
  • SVKslato8
    417 posts Sunday League Hero
    eladlad wrote: »
    Am i the only one that can't stand the fact that in fifa 19 The gk just can't pass the ball on the ground with his hands if we are using manual settings? Even if i tap the pass button he will throw it high in the air.
    Found out it only happens with manual passing.
    A must fix.

You are not the only one I just don't find it that bad as there are more important things to patch
  • SVKslato8
    [
  • Hi Guys,

I play manual controls on pc, is Fifa 19 worth getting playing vs assisted this year?

Virtually impossible to play other manual players on pc,I tried the demo and it seems to be at a slower pace,how have you guys found playing assisted players?
  • jiajia3
    101 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    agree
  • BSDShoes
    1628 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2018
    Villanut wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I play manual controls on pc, is Fifa 19 worth getting playing vs assisted this year?

Virtually impossible to play other manual players on pc,I tried the demo and it seems to be at a slower pace,how have you guys found playing assisted players?

Yes I like full manual this year, however shooting is awkward with manual, turning off timed finishes helps but it's still somewhat assisted in a way. vs assisted players, it's still easy to lose to it.
  • GoonerSoldier
    366 posts Sunday League Hero
    Hey Manual friends. See my comments below about Manual in Fifa 19 thus far.

1) Passing feels like it only has 8 directions instead of 16 this year. Thus, some thru balls don't go exactly where you aim them like in Fifa18. Agree?

2) Defending on WC is almost impossible if you win the ball back with Contain/Auto tackle it goes right back to the AI. Defending with manual controls becomes another skill we Manual players have to learn.

3) Player switching - This is the worst I've seen player switching. You literally can not switch to any player on the field this year.

4) Any Manual players here can beat the AI on World Class. Full manual controls in career mode? Playing the AI on professional is sort of easy but switching to World Class is almost impossible at times. You can win but most of the time you have to defend like Atletico Madrid and hit the AI on the counter. If you do play on WC what sliders do you adjust to tone down the AI from being so Beast??

5) Do you EVER find Manual games on Seasons? I tried 3 times already and got tired of waiting for 1 HOUR just to get one game. WTF EA???? This is why Manual players want LOBBIES back. Or even unranked matches to play against assisted players with our inferior controls.

6) Manual players, I said Fifa18 was the death of the Manual community. Seems like more and more ppl are catching on to Fifa becoming an ARCADE game. What can we do to influence them and convince them that the default settings are 110% automatic and take 0 SKILL to play on?? I have a youtube channel but obviously everyone is only watching FUT players. :(
  • SVKslato8
    Hey Manual friends. See my comments below about Manual in Fifa 19 thus far.

1) Passing feels like it only has 8 directions instead of 16 this year. Thus, some thru balls don't go exactly where you aim them like in Fifa18. Agree?

NO, you just need to get used to the fact that you are penalized if you pass to different direction than you are facing with your player unless you have a high vision and passing player

2) Defending on WC is almost impossible if you win the ball back with Contain/Auto tackle it goes right back to the AI. Defending with manual controls becomes another skill we Manual players have to learn.

YES we need to learn to defend manually, but the AI defending makes it so easy, no effort needed at all.
    This year you don't need to tackle just run in to the opponent and the AI will do job instead of you.

3) Player switching - This is the worst I've seen player switching. You literally can not switch to any player on the field this year.

YES right stick player switching is not that accurate but you need to get used to it, this year L1 switch button works better and very often it switch to the player I want

4) Any Manual players here can beat the AI on World Class. Full manual controls in career mode? Playing the AI on professional is sort of easy but switching to World Class is almost impossible at times. You can win but most of the time you have to defend like Atletico Madrid and hit the AI on the counter. If you do play on WC what sliders do you adjust to tone down the AI from being so Beast??

I don't play offline

5) Do you EVER find Manual games on Seasons? I tried 3 times already and got tired of waiting for 1 HOUR just to get one game. WTF EA???? This is why Manual players want LOBBIES back. Or even unranked matches to play against assisted players with our inferior controls.

I play only FUT

6) Manual players, I said Fifa18 was the death of the Manual community. Seems like more and more ppl are catching on to Fifa becoming an ARCADE game. What can we do to influence them and convince them that the default settings are 110% automatic and take 0 SKILL to play on?? I have a youtube channel but obviously everyone is only watching FUT players. :(

You see you need to play full manual in FUT mode that is what I do my team is called FC FULL MANUAL

• GoonerSoldier
    Yeah. I did play FUT unranked matches last year. BUT how is it possible that FUT has an option for UNRANKED games and there is not an option for head to head unranked matches for NORMAL play? I don't have a problem with FUT being a cash cow but there is almost no effort being put into other modes of the game.
  • hooligan87
    240 posts Sunday League Hero
    This is the biggest problem and your mistake! In this video, I specifically shoot past the gate! But the computer automatically directs the ball into the goal! I even got in a round of target! We don't control the shots, passes. It all depends on the computer! Developers! Explain why when a player to aims past - the ball flies into the goal?! The player must lose the ball, but instead he scores a goal.. Auto-control should only be for friendly matches!
  • andig
    8 posts Ball Boy
    edited December 2018
    Hear, hear To all the full manual control proponent and advocates.

The irony of assisted control players throwing the "Git gud" phrase around, time and time again and the stigma attached to full manual controls, really boils my blood.

Assisted controls is a crutch and an over reliance, that most of the time highlights and encourages use and abuse of in game mechanics and flaws etc.

Ea needs to market and promote "Hardcore Fifa" game mode that rewards and encourages players to experience the game at its truest, realistic and most skill based level.

A game mode section has to be added or at least implemented, be it based on XP points or built into the division system at around div 5 through to 1.
    It increase the "skill-gap" many mention, which will in turn, make the true creme of the crop at the game, rise and be rewarded.

Full manual controls improves the game on all levels. Yes there still is awkward infuriating BS flaws here and there, but at least its truly user input skill Vs user input skill and not super unrealistic passing and shooting from start to finish.

P.S. it'll never happen lol
    Post edited by andig on
  • SVKslato8
    I am happy that someone relived this topic, I believe that in some point of time in future this will be the only competitive mode or setting for any football competitive game let it be PES or FIFA.

Imagine how sick it feels when you have 60% possession working hard on every single pass with full manual controls and every little inaccuracy is penalized by ping pong passes of full assisted opponent, this required really no skill at all, they just need to decide where to point the pass, even that is on AI decision.

I meet players who just blindly spam pass button near the box and they have no idea where the ball goes, they just wait for AI to pick some player in the box that can shoot a first timer.

Even the so called pro's, if you look at their game play its ridiculous how much they rely on AI. I bet they couldn't stand a chance vs any average full manual player.

Anyway thanks for the post and all full manual players out there...RESPECT for fighting against assisted arcade pro players
  • Richie827
    385 posts Sunday League Hero
    Since EA got rid of the practice arena....
  • SVKslato8
    and all the skills trainings are with ai assisted only
  • Hi i am full manual player too and i am fustrated ...i cant find manual games online:) what if we start playing manual instead just writing?:) enyone want some manual games add me (pc) : bb1rdSLO
  • andig
    8 posts Ball Boy
    edited December 2018
    This years Full manual controls/matches have unfortunately gone down hill and feel worse than they should imo.

Normally, i find they are the saving grace and improve Fifa games, Win, lose or draw, they provided balance, skill and realism.
    Fifa 19 manual controls just feel too inconsistent, unreliable, unresponsive, limited, and restrictive.

This years mechanics and animations make the experience even worse and may be part of the reason/cause for the poorer manual control experience. Clumsy, clunky and slow. Terrible player switching. Convenient ricochets and deflections. Pressure galore. Op, inconsistent and/or over automated tackles and blocks. Unnecessary extra ball touches or player movements. Silly collisions and on and off the ball wrestling/tussling. That is just the tip of the iceberg.

Post edited by andig on
  • SVKslato8
    I am used to playing against assisted opponents over time, I take it as a challenge or higher difficulty to overcome.

Its impossible to play full manual vs full manual just because only few of us are not scared to fight the assisted opponents, some of us have given up the full manual and due to OP assistance they switched to assisted controls.

Full manual controls can bring so much realism as adin mentions but we still have no feedback from EA.

We report so many glitches and bugs related to full manual controls with no feedback at all.

Few of us know the feeling of dominating the play with 60%+ possession, only we know how much accuracy and effort is needed with full manual controls for every pass every shot every center.

On the other side we are beaten by noobs that just press the pass button 3 times in a row and a blindly press shot button while aiming on the corner flag and it still goes in a goal.

Our hard effort in manual defending is overcome by spamming pass button with no sanity just hoping AI will aim the pass somewhere in the box and then again simple shot button to the net.

Despite this I am still proud full manual player and my FC FULL MANUAL 76 rating team beats lot of stronger AI assisted opponents in DR or WL.

I would really love to see all those top pro players to participate in one offline tournament with full manual settings, I assume none of them would stand a chance to any full manual player.

Thank you EA for creating a competitive game with assisted controls, all other competitors on the competitive scene must be laughing but we all know EA don't care as they show to our community

• GoonerSoldier
    Never thought I would say this but Fifa19 Full Manual is BROKEN this year.

1) Thru ball Pass- In Fifa18 and past versions I would use the thru ball pass and the player CLOSEST to the ball would run towards the ball. This year a thru ball pass gets locked on to a player further from the ball and the game does NOT let you switch fast enough to the player that is closer and can get to the ball. It looks RIDICULOUS and makes passing with thru ball almost pointless. Most passes have to be done with just the pass button this year.

2) Lobbed thru ball. The lobbed thru ball is a complete waste this year. Sometimes it is hit nice and high but MOST times it is like a bullet pass and has nothing lobbed about it. This was never the problem on Fifa18 and before. I even tried the higher thru ball pass and even that doesn't work sometimes. WTF did they do with the lobbed thru ball on manual?

3) player switching- because of the thru balls locking in on certain players the player switching is horrendous this year.

Sooooooo much automation added to this years gameplay has killed even some gameplay aspects of Fifa on Manual. The series is going to get worse and worse and worse even for us Manual players.
  • I completely agree. I didn't think it would happen to manual controls.

As i said above Full manual controls, normally, are the saving grace of Fifa. Its turned out a an absolute mess this year.

I think gameplay and mechanics are a major factor in in why passing and shooting etc are so poor this year. Players making unwanted, unnecessary moves or touches, making simple things turn ridiculous. Poor, slow, rigid and restrictive touches, movement and direction of players, severely hinder you and spoils the game.

Button for button, with the same player, same positioning, direction, timing and power etc, can get multiple unwanted/unexpected outcomes. Very little, seems user based and replicable at times and feels like i am not learning/improving and fighting an uphill battle or invisible force.

Fifa 19 manual controls feels unresponsive, limited and less free and less user based. I have even studied the passing and shooting trainer arrow and many times, it does not correlate with where the ball is going. Something is very wrong this year.

Full Manual controls has and always will/should be the way to play Fifa, but something is fundamentally wrong with Fifa 19 overall. Manual controls normally alleviate and balance out many problems a Fifa game has, but not this year, so many problems transfer into manual controls.

Unfortunately i dont have faith it will be fixed this year or at all, at this stage.

• Bane8Toni
    105 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    hooligan87 wrote: »
    Those who are against manual control - you are incompetent! You can't do anything without a computer! What is manual control??? - when the ball flies to wherever you have directed(aimed)! You hard because you do not know how to count the shots and passes! So you do not understand and do not know how to play soccer! You are not used to aim, and just press the button and wait for the computer to score a goal for you! Are you enjoying a beautiful goal?! It's funny because you have nothing to do with it! Because of such weaklings suffer real players! You weaklings have to compete with each other, and cyber football should be only on manual control!

Some people just want to play a VIDEO GAME, if you are so skilled in football, why not find a pitch and play in reality.

You can also find others who want to go full manual. It's not by force people play on your own standards.

No matter how good you are in full semi or whatever. You'll always meet people better than you.

But forcing people to play at your own terms shows how little you are.
  • SVKslato8
    edited December 2018
    this whole thread is not about forcing others to play full manual but about creating a base for e-sport competitive game and the only option here is full manual.
    Others can play video game with whatever settings but those who want to compete in a competitive game should be forced to use full manual only
    Post edited by SVKslato8 on
  • SVKslato8
    My latest WL experience showed me that manual controls are after the latest patch even worse.

There is no consistency in passing, I am really experienced full manual player and believe me that I have the feeling to know how much power to pass, for the same power there are multiple different outcomes in terms of pass strength and even the direction is impacted.

Player switching is even worse than ever, right stick switches to totally different player not even in the direction of the right stick (maybe due to server delays and lags the inputs are not reflected correctly)

AI pressing, no stamina drain and all things that were fixed in previous patches are reverted back and all issues are back in game.
  • andig
    8 posts Ball Boy
    edited December 2018
    It truly is terrible and frustrating.

I know exactly what you mean. Button for button, with the same player, same positioning, direction, timing and power etc, can get multiple unwanted/unexpected outcomes. Very little, seems user based and replicable at times and feels like i am not learning/improving at all.

I have enough experience in full manual controls, with previous Fifas and this years, to know how and what feels right and wrong, This feels severely off, Inconsistent and way too random, along with rigid player movements and poor positioning/angle creation etc, making it a poor and unrewarding experience.

The element of control/button skill and timing etc, seems to be out the window. I know longer feel free or unrestricted playing these controls anymore.

My love for football and the Full manual controls make me buy this game, unfortunately im left with disappointment.
    Post edited by andig on
  • SVKslato8
    That's all we are left with only disappointment. We moan, we give feedback, but no one cares.

Maybe its time to give a chance to PES
  • mfmaxpower
    109 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'm all for it being less assisted, especially in regards to directional aim, but I'm not in favor of all manual. I agree it's probably best for skill based competitive play, but IMO gameplay at default is poor for manual and the vast majority of people would hate it.

Definitely needs to be less assisted though. The fact that I can score a goal when I miss aim and don't actually point at the goal is pathetic. Or that if I point to one corner of the goal, the game will override me go the opposite direction. Or that the game will choose a "better" through pass ball option than the one I intended. Or that there's absolutely no manual directional input on clearances and if I point toward my opponent's goal my defender will still clear it behind my own goal.

But for me the real answer is just adding more realistic error to the game, especially with first time passing/shooting and long passing/shooting. Doing that would both increase the skill gap and level of realism, all without changing the assistance settings.
  • jiajia3
    101 posts Has Potential To Be Special

i am not good ,but i just want to show you how interesting you play full manual with people (PVP)
    you can play real football with manual
  • COLD-187
    1554 posts Play-Off Hero
    Like they could ever get this to work
  • I always wonder how many people play full manual control settings.

I enjoy it. Scrapy at times but when you score it's all you no computer assistance.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3095 posts National Call-Up
    jiajia3 wrote: »

i am not good ,but i just want to show you how interesting you play full manual with people (PVP)
    you can play real football with manual

Really interesting, would love competitive FIFA to shift more towards manual.