Input delay is WORSE with this new patch

SP300x
133 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Playing games where I press pass and it doesnt register for a good few seconds. Honestly how do EA get away with this?

Comments

• Dollenjwz
    67 posts Park Captain
    Game is very fluid for me. I guess your internet is not good
  • I've had delay in 1/6 games today and I'd put that down to it being peak hours. Yesterday I had it every game
  • Lol there's gonna be loads of these posts popping up now from people with awful Internet.

It's not really the game mate, it's you. They took away the lag compensation so now if you've got crap Internet you're screwed.

****. tested on 3 different locations. its horrible. worse than before.
  • Opponent literally feels seconds ahead every pass every turn.... nail in the coffin for me

Ai defending is back and so much worse, as for timed finishing a 60 shot cdm shouldn't be able to hit then from 40 yards... one of the worse coded games of the year
  • BiigDee
    4332 posts National Call-Up
    My games are almost unplayable. However my download speed is 59.3 and upload 4.9. Is that bad as I don’t have a clue to be honest
  • Cantona84
    7498 posts League Winner
    BiigDee wrote: »
    My games are almost unplayable. However my download speed is 59.3 and upload 4.9. Is that bad as I don’t have a clue to be honest

I have 500/500

You will play against people with much better connection than you
  • Struggstarr
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited December 2018

What is your ping? I think that is more important that your upload and download speed I believe. I think you're looking at below a ping of 20ms.

Regardless of this though I think it is just EA Servers and where you are connecting in the world. I feel like the matchmaking doesn't match me to local people and I just get connected to a random server somewhere in the world.
  • Lol there's gonna be loads of these posts popping up now from people with awful Internet.

It's not really the game mate, it's you. They took away the lag compensation so now if you've got crap Internet you're screwed.

400 down, 50 up. Opened all ports, priorized PS4 Internet access. Game's worse for me too.
  • Dronegan
    995 posts Professional
    Lol there's gonna be loads of these posts popping up now from people with awful Internet.

Rofl , this community never stops amaze me.
  • BiigDee
    4332 posts National Call-Up

What is your ping? I think that is more important that your upload and download speed I believe. I think you're looking at below a ping of 20ms.

Regardless of this though I think it is just EA Servers and where you are connecting in the world. I feel like the matchmaking doesn't match me to local people and I just get connected to a random server somewhere in the world.

20.1 it’s saying mate. I’ve prioritised the console, Nat type open and wired. It’s been laggy the last few days but today is just wasting my time
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    Lol there's gonna be loads of these posts popping up now from people with awful Internet.

And what about people who never get delay on any other game?
  • joehuk
    3217 posts National Call-Up

Just what EA are going to say.

I can Guarantee this not our internet, considering I can connect to most Europe servers with less than 20ms.

the patch has done absolutely Jack S.

It feels like i'm connecting to my opponent via the US servers.
  • Azablucky
    4112 posts National Call-Up
    No idea if it's people's internet or the update anymore as people are lagging with better internet speeds than I have yet I am hardly lagging. Pre patch I lagged quite a bit but now it seems fluid. No more speed up lag or button delay.
  • Henzz87
    290 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have played 3 fut rivals games today and the gameplay was smooth, i have been complaining about heavy gameplay/button delay all year but i can't today.

I will get a better conclusion after fut champs.

Also we should have information on screen regarding ping and packet loss in game so if there are issues we can give ea more detailed information about the issues we are having.
  • Nogin182
    2294 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's exactly the same as before. Ea released this "patch" so we can start arguing amongst ourselves. They are so sly
  • SPN1987
    2044 posts Fans' Favourite
    They just released the patch to shut us up. While nothing major has changed once again. At least EA made a step in the right direction, acknowledging there actually is a problem. All we have to do now is wait a couple of years, before they possibly fix it for good. :(
  • AngryHawk
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Your 100% dead on, the majority of us that have great internet, were getting games that were a slugfest. Now that they took it away, your going to see the guys that have 5 mbps connections whining like crazy
  • SuperKMx
    474 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited December 2018

Absolutely spot on.

I imagine it won't be long before all the people who are streaming to Twitch while having Netflix and Spotify running while they're watching Sky Sports on their iPad and downloading 800 pirate movies at the same time as playing FIFA will be along to complain that the patch fixes nothing and it's all EA's servers.

"BUT I HAVE TEH 80 DOWN 20 UP PACKAGE WTF EA"
  • Kouli06
    1585 posts Play-Off Hero
    For me it’s now 10x worse than before.
    Absolutely responseless!

And no. My internet is fine before you suggest that.

2hojz8z.jpg
  • Hamzy_LFC
    2035 posts Fans' Favourite
    Kouli06 wrote: »
    Absolutely responseless!

2hojz8z.jpg

Looks perfect for your end mate.
  • joehuk
    3217 posts National Call-Up
    Absolutely responseless!

2hojz8z.jpg

nah your internet is bad. 100% going to have delay on FIFA :joy: /sarcasm off.

those saying it's our internet get your head out of EA's Back end.
  • Kouli06
    1585 posts Play-Off Hero
    joehuk wrote: »
    Absolutely responseless!

2hojz8z.jpg

nah your internet is bad. 100% going to have delay on FIFA :joy: /sarcasm off.

😂😂😂😂
  • gustavoterzaghi
    138 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited December 2018

359l82f.jpg

13yibf4.jpg

It's wired, of course.

I just had to stop playing because of lag.
    Post edited by gustavoterzaghi on
  • Kouli06
    1585 posts Play-Off Hero

utgGNgbVQQCvhnU-nLGU1Q.jpeg

Rha1NYTgR1yAT8mbHefT8Q.jpeg

I just had to stop playing because of lag.

Images???
  • SuperKMx
    474 posts Sunday League Hero
    joehuk wrote: »

And those saying that their internet absolutely cannot be a problem and it's all on EA, need to get their back end out of EA's faces.
  • Blarix
    20815 posts Club Captain
    Try resetting your router or something, after the patch the game has been sensationally smooth for me. no more ice skating all over the field, maybe you are way too far from the servers?

• Xguti002
    1998 posts Fans' Favourite

I’ve good internet and usually never experience input delay or speed up up lag but do sometimes, especially last weekend league was horrid for me. Tested the internet connection and it was fine. EA’s servers are the ones to blame here.
  • 6thHokage
    101 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    For me this patch seems to have fixed it. People with good internet should be okay now.
  • Foxsake
    1930 posts Fans' Favourite
    It’s been good for me