Help me

Hey guys first of all I want you all to know that this has been going on for around 6 months with no acknowledgement from either or my parents until 2 weeks ago. So this all stated on Fifa 18 World Cup mode when I found out I could pay for Fifa points through my EE contract, which I did until my sister caught me with a bill of over £1000 at which point I told myself I would stop. As the months went by and Fifa 19 came out I started again but only in little amounts, £16 pounds here or there then £30 when a promo came out but no one said anything about it and I could stop myself from buying them, next thing I know its November/december and my 4G and calls and texts aren't working and it says my accounts been put on pause due to the bank thinking its fraud and froze payments to EE. This meant my sisters phone also didn't work as she was on the same account with different number and she asks my mum to try and sort it which I when my full spending spree explodes and my mum errupts. I had spent a total of £2700 over the past 6 months to my surprise. She's taken my xbox off me and told me to get a job to pay her back (I'm 16) and have been working this week. Ive id it from her that I felt I couldn't stop myself from it as I'm ashamed of my addiction and don't want anyone to find out but I'm wondering if the right thing to do is to tell her but I'm afraid she thinks its an excuse to shift the blame off of me but its genuinely not. I just feel an urge to open packs thinking the next batch of packs I open will have an icon or cr7 in it and I keep spending. In a way I'm happy that she's taken my xbox off me so I can't spend anymore as I would feel guilty after I bought Fifa points but I would always say 'one more batch won't hurt'. What should I do, should I confess my addiction or not? and if yes, how would I go about that.

Comments

• Thefranchise92
    3835 posts National Call-Up
    cmcc wrote: »
    Hey guys first of all I want you all to know that this has been going on for around 6 months with no acknowledgement from either or my parents until 2 weeks ago. So this all stated on Fifa 18 World Cup mode when I found out I could pay for Fifa points through my EE contract, which I did until my sister caught me with a bill of over £1000 at which point I told myself I would stop. As the months went by and Fifa 19 came out I started again but only in little amounts, £16 pounds here or there then £30 when a promo came out but no one said anything about it and I could stop myself from buying them, next thing I know its November/december and my 4G and calls and texts aren't working and it says my accounts been put on pause due to the bank thinking its fraud and froze payments to EE. This meant my sisters phone also didn't work as she was on the same account with different number and she asks my mum to try and sort it which I when my full spending spree explodes and my mum errupts. I had spent a total of £2700 over the past 6 months to my surprise. She's taken my xbox off me and told me to get a job to pay her back (I'm 16) and have been working this week. Ive id it from her that I felt I couldn't stop myself from it as I'm ashamed of my addiction and don't want anyone to find out but I'm wondering if the right thing to do is to tell her but I'm afraid she thinks its an excuse to shift the blame off of me but its genuinely not. I just feel an urge to open packs thinking the next batch of packs I open will have an icon or cr7 in it and I keep spending. In a way I'm happy that she's taken my xbox off me so I can't spend anymore as I would feel guilty after I bought Fifa points but I would always say 'one more batch won't hurt'. What should I do, should I confess my addiction or not? and if yes, how would I go about that.

Sorry pal, dont know what to say. Helping yourself is the only way forward. Go see a doctor, therapist or gp and sort it out. I for one never understood it even when i was earning enough to spend a few grand on this game. The fun is in the grind. If you bought all the best prime icons for your starting 11 and bench and reserves. Why even bother playing? I can understand of it carried over but you start afresh every year.. anywya good luck
  • KoreanMeatballs
    115 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I don't care what anyone says I believe it is a genuine gambling addiction you suffer from.

1st up explain to your mum You will feel better and you will need her help to overcome this.

I myself am a manager of a bookmaker shop and take this behaviour serious.

There is help out there for you namely gamcare.

Just search there number and you will have professional person to help you deal with this.
  • Headshrinker363
    5288 posts Big Money Move
    If I was you I’d google a gambling addiction helpline number. You’d be best taking advice off of trained professionals rather than people from a forum. I hope it all works out well for you.
  • mdizzl3
    12417 posts Has That Special Something
    Sounds like you're quite young so a mistake like this isn't the end of the world!

Have a chat with your family and ask to get an appointment with your GP. Nip it in the bud now before you get older and have a mortgage, bills etc to worry about too!
  • Tue69
    1118 posts Professional
    Confessing is the way forward. Its natural to feel ashamed but go get help.

This is what microtransactions is doing to some people, and you are better off now with professional help.
  • TopClass13
    1129 posts Professional
    Just weigh this on your mind; what's more important for you, a game or your family's well being?

The answer's pretty simple because your family cares about you and they feel sad about you now, not about what you did, but on the fact that you got trapped in a vain situation. It's not the end of the world, though.

Everyone makes mistakes.

Talk about it and you re so young you'll easily move forward, trust me.

And try to go out more even if you're not entirely in the mood.

Socialization helps with everything.