Icon Stats - Discard %

Absting159
6823 posts Moderator
edited December 2018
I threw a random number out there in a post the other day because I didn't have time to do this, well now I did.

Total Icons: 222
Lowest BIN: 696,000

Total Icons from 650k - 750k (Discard): 84 - 37.8%
Total Icons from 751k - 850k (________): 23 - 10.3%
Total Icons from 851k - 999k (________): 31 - 13.9%

Coincidence - Total Icons over 1m: 84 - 37.8%

I think you can argue that anything up to probably about 850k could be Discard as there could be few on the market and people trying to sell at a profit. So, together that's about 48.1% of Icons.

This is incredibly frustrating as I like trying out the lower Icons and at these prices and the fact that nearly half (48.1%) of Icons are being used in SBC's is a bit of a joke.

@Knowlesdinho This is for you. Would you invest in me now?

Comments

• dopetothemax
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite
    Excellent post bud. Praying that Icon Set 3 ending allows for this to change.
  • Knowlesdinho
    10597 posts Has That Special Something
    Lol.

They really need to return to last years format. It’s a simple case of if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it! Just release them quicker!
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26033 posts Player of the Year
    Excellent post bud. Praying that Icon Set 3 ending allows for this to change.

I think that’s their plan, start fresh from tomorrow.
  • Lew15
    726 posts Semi-Pro
    I’m waiting to get 90 Henry and will be sitting tight until this set expires as I feel like there has to be a curve ball coming as far as Icons are concerned.
  • Knowlesdinho
    10597 posts Has That Special Something
    Lew15 wrote: »
    I’m waiting to get 90 Henry and will be sitting tight until this set expires as I feel like there has to be a curve ball coming as far as Icons are concerned.

If they have listened to the community then it will change.

What I think will happen, is they will double down and keep it as it is, releasing maybe 2 sets tonight. Along with futmas, this will make prices skyrocket, meaning more packs opened, meaning more Fifa points bought.

In short a big middle finger to the community!
  • SuperRob
    1505 posts Play-Off Hero
    They have made it pretty clear that they wont be held hostage over icons. I also cant remember an example of a time when EA have admitted an error that would benefit the customer (although there are many examples of admitting errors to suit themselves - set 3 being the prime example).

I expect the next set of icons to require 2 plus icons. If they wanted to lower icon prices they could have already released a set requiring no icons, or cut short the time set 3 had to run.
  • We will find out soon.
  • Ian_Ando08
    7572 posts League Winner
    SuperRob wrote: »
    They have made it pretty clear that they wont be held hostage over icons. I also cant remember an example of a time when EA have admitted an error that would benefit the customer (although there are many examples of admitting errors to suit themselves - set 3 being the prime example).

I expect the next set of icons to require 2 plus icons. If they wanted to lower icon prices they could have already released a set requiring no icons, or cut short the time set 3 had to run.

well if they already listed a set with no icons and still had set 3 icons would stay at the same price hence why they have waited for set 3 to end
  • Reus
    22558 posts Club Captain
    SuperRob wrote: »

Why would they have waited to release the set just to make it require 2 icons :D

They should put a limit on the amount of times you can do the sbc so people don't abuse it for packs like before

A limit of 5 goes so you can do each player