Another Patch

167891012

Comments

  • Keano
    12798 posts Has That Special Something
    Keano wrote: »
    Do we really expect any better from EA, really? I complain just as much if not more than the rest (in WL thread, etc). At this point we know how awful & rushed they send games out, 5 patches in & AI defending was toned down (not), Finesse was toned down (not.. so they toned it again), overall between the servers, gameplay, corners, that goal kick glitch etc, stuff like this as well as needing a broken mechanic in outside of the box finesse shots in the game (because AI defending is so stupidly OP that working your way into the box is few & far between), that they're shot themselves in the foot. They need one so that the other doesn't still get complained about & since one is their "new feature" that they're pushing onto people, they won't change it too much.

    Then you include SBCs another reason why so many play the game, that & trading. They're killing off trading each year making it harder for traders to make their profit, the Icon SBCs were shambles, having them out for this long is a joke in itself, but to then not release set 4 yet & leave us with 3? weeks of nothing except Zola, Ryan Giggs etc that arn't ever going to be used by those that arn't die hardfans of the players/clubs they've played for is shambles. It just shows that either; They're under prepared & have no idea what they're doing be it in patching, creating or making the game, SBCs, market etc... or they just really don't care because the money will keep rolling in next week during FUTMAS, a month during TOTY etc.


    Overall it's a disgusting excuse of a company, said it plenty but just like the rest of you, sadly due to the lack of competition in football games (with added realism of proper names, faces etc), there's nothing out there, so we're stuck with this pile of rubbish.


    Sorry for the long post, but feel it was better to post properly than to just quickly try to summarize.

    I know we disagreed on other bits before, but totally agree here.

    Mentioned it to someone else the other day … this whole patch thing just shows that they're in shambles when it comes to their code. You got to wonder if they really comprehend the issue around making small tweaks or changes in one set, inadvertently breaks something else.

    Unfortunately, from a software perspective, a total rewrite is the only real fix. We know that won't happen anytime soon. As hardcore supporters (both RL and game) we are stuck with it. In a very small way, I do feel for the developers as they are just programmers at the end of the day … get told what to do.

    For me, the rewrite will mean the current game is not touched - but would that include SBC's for instance? The alternative would be to not release for 1 cycle - we know that will never happen.

    Disagreements happen all the time, it's cool. No issues here.

    Realistically it sounds stupid, but if their coders are going into the code & changing it to "patch" it up, which then breaks something else, then what they should do, is take more time out... & rewrite that section of the code, it may take longer... but if thats their argument, you shouldn't be sending a game out that's not coded properly.

    problem with a total rewrite, do they rewrite fifa every year? I'd assume no they just majorly overhaul bits of it, but if they do... then each year something else that's massive in the game gets broken, it may not be timed finesse or AI defending but there is always something, i'd love a FIFA where my biggest complain was say... Paul Pogba doesn't have the right haircut (which judging by how often he changes it, is prob true at this point).

    They're on a thing of needing to update the game every year to keep up to the new seasons, but at the same time if you can't send out a good product then you shouldn't really be sending it out at all, that's their problem, quantity rather than quality... because they know people will lap it up regardless of how good it is.
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    Keano wrote: »
    Keano wrote: »
    Do we really expect any better from EA, really? I complain just as much if not more than the rest (in WL thread, etc). At this point we know how awful & rushed they send games out, 5 patches in & AI defending was toned down (not), Finesse was toned down (not.. so they toned it again), overall between the servers, gameplay, corners, that goal kick glitch etc, stuff like this as well as needing a broken mechanic in outside of the box finesse shots in the game (because AI defending is so stupidly OP that working your way into the box is few & far between), that they're shot themselves in the foot. They need one so that the other doesn't still get complained about & since one is their "new feature" that they're pushing onto people, they won't change it too much.

    Then you include SBCs another reason why so many play the game, that & trading. They're killing off trading each year making it harder for traders to make their profit, the Icon SBCs were shambles, having them out for this long is a joke in itself, but to then not release set 4 yet & leave us with 3? weeks of nothing except Zola, Ryan Giggs etc that arn't ever going to be used by those that arn't die hardfans of the players/clubs they've played for is shambles. It just shows that either; They're under prepared & have no idea what they're doing be it in patching, creating or making the game, SBCs, market etc... or they just really don't care because the money will keep rolling in next week during FUTMAS, a month during TOTY etc.


    Overall it's a disgusting excuse of a company, said it plenty but just like the rest of you, sadly due to the lack of competition in football games (with added realism of proper names, faces etc), there's nothing out there, so we're stuck with this pile of rubbish.


    Sorry for the long post, but feel it was better to post properly than to just quickly try to summarize.

    I know we disagreed on other bits before, but totally agree here.

    Mentioned it to someone else the other day … this whole patch thing just shows that they're in shambles when it comes to their code. You got to wonder if they really comprehend the issue around making small tweaks or changes in one set, inadvertently breaks something else.

    Unfortunately, from a software perspective, a total rewrite is the only real fix. We know that won't happen anytime soon. As hardcore supporters (both RL and game) we are stuck with it. In a very small way, I do feel for the developers as they are just programmers at the end of the day … get told what to do.

    For me, the rewrite will mean the current game is not touched - but would that include SBC's for instance? The alternative would be to not release for 1 cycle - we know that will never happen.

    Disagreements happen all the time, it's cool. No issues here.

    Realistically it sounds stupid, but if their coders are going into the code & changing it to "patch" it up, which then breaks something else, then what they should do, is take more time out... & rewrite that section of the code, it may take longer... but if thats their argument, you shouldn't be sending a game out that's not coded properly.

    problem with a total rewrite, do they rewrite fifa every year? I'd assume no they just majorly overhaul bits of it, but if they do... then each year something else that's massive in the game gets broken, it may not be timed finesse or AI defending but there is always something, i'd love a FIFA where my biggest complain was say... Paul Pogba doesn't have the right haircut (which judging by how often he changes it, is prob true at this point).

    They're on a thing of needing to update the game every year to keep up to the new seasons, but at the same time if you can't send out a good product then you shouldn't really be sending it out at all, that's their problem, quantity rather than quality... because they know people will lap it up regardless of how good it is.

    Yep , definitely not a rewrite & like you say - start with the base and start adding in the bits that some marketing (clueless) genius has come up with … I think in their minds, they do need to justify the sale of the new product by adding on shiny, new bits.

    Which is 100% daft btw given that we religiously purchase the game, not for the new content, but for updated content.

    Regarding the releasing of a "poorly developed game" … I would not want to be part of the alpha testing process. You probably come up with 100 issues and they prioritise them knowing that a good bunch will never be addressed prior to release.

    If you have spare minutes, watch the Star Citizen updates from their teams - includes "BugSmashers" and "Calling All Devs" where the various developers will give updates on why certain things are happening - example below (just watch for 30 seconds even) where you see snippets of their code:


    Yes, different scale and being going on for a long time now. Still impressed that there have been 2M+ backers & over $200M.
  • eltonholm
    365 posts Sunday League Hero
    What’s the problem here? Using latest patch and the keepers are so OP you can’t score from anything... the make saves not on this earth. Silly game.. EA destroyed everything and killed the fun with this. Tnx a lot, bring my money back please.. THIVES!!
  • Mmikey
    414 posts Sunday League Hero
    I had a couple of games earlier.

    Got beaten 6-2 in one game. My opponent had about 8 shots all together but all 6 goals were from the "D"'area at the edge of the box and all finesse... Raging :smiley:
  • Cadey 5
    10390 posts Has That Special Something
    Gameplay feels heavy as heck to me.
  • B16Lad
    522 posts An Exciting Prospect
    What the flamin’ Nora have they done to this game, first couple of months I really got on with the game but these last few weeks have been a real struggle. 1st game post patch and I was 1-0 down due to a first time finesse by Firmino’s WF from +20yds out with his body facing towards the corner flag
  • WildaF3niX
    2069 posts Fans' Favourite
    This patch didnt change anything, i wonder where is the purpose of it? Changing pics on players cards?
  • WFCBagnall
    69570 posts Moderator
    WildaF3niX wrote: »
    This patch didnt change anything, i wonder where is the purpose of it? Changing pics on players cards?

    The hyphen in Zulte-Waregram was literally gamebreaking.
  • WildaF3niX
    2069 posts Fans' Favourite
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    WildaF3niX wrote: »
    This patch didnt change anything, i wonder where is the purpose of it? Changing pics on players cards?

    The hyphen in Zulte-Waregram was literally gamebreaking.

    Deffo
Sign In or Register to comment.