The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

If only PES sorted themselves out and got serious!

Comments

• Pocketsquareguy
    6158 posts Big Money Move
    Ishibum wrote: »
    EA: incapable
    Konami: unwilling

I don’t think Konami is unwilling. I think they can’t afford it. They have said many times the only reason they still make PES is because it’s profitable for them. If they splashed a ton of money on the getting the real teams, then they’re basically putting their game in the hands of fifa players. And putting anything, including a potato gun in the hands of the fifa community is a utterly terrible idea.
  • V_Babu_V
    759 posts Semi-Pro
    edited December 2018
    V_Babu_V wrote: »
    It would be so good to jump ship and play a decent football sim!! Come on Konami!!!

If you weren't so superficial you would realise that PES is the only realistic football sim on the market.

Forget about the superficial and focus on what really matters, gameplay!

People hate EA so bad that they like to make out PES is some kind of saviour/hero, there is a reason people play Fifa over PES and its not the superficial reasons you like to think, all of us old enough used to be well aboard the PES train when they had even less licensing but after PES6 it just went to s*** and Fifa took the top spot, PES is still far behind, go on their forums and you will see complaints just like Fifa.

PES is still far behind as a package.

Konami are no saints.

I am new to football games and having started on Fifa 18, PES 18 resolved most of the issues I had with it. Bar online play, PES beats Fifa hands down.

I would summarise the difference as PES is a thinking mans game whereas Fifa is a kiddies game.

And you have highlighted one of PES huge problems, as a package it is so poor, dont get me wrong I agree with what you're saying regarding master league BUT when Konami push the game out at similar prices to fifa (I know it drops in price earlier) they cant just offer one mode.

They need better menu's, commentary, licensing, modes, servers, I'd personally love to go back to PES but Konami slack in so many areas, plus some of their logic seems so backwards.

I dont know if its a cultural thing or what but the menu's and descriptions can be very confusing for a new customer, would love for a 2k to take PES off of Konami and make the changes needed.

ALL that being said I am open to PES 20 as this fifa is probably my last.

That's the whole point........all of those things are just nice to haves. The most important thing is the gameplay, surely?? At least I realised that it is for me. Think about how much time you play versus how much you look at menus etc.........even new commentary becomes annoying quickly.........licensing can be uploaded easily through files......one big difference would be modes..........I would say PES is for those happy to play alone whereas Fifa is best played versus others online. I would prefer online play but offline is challenging enough in PES. However, looking at the forums the gap has closed with Fifa having server difficulties itself.........

The logic in PES is far more realistic.......players can grow their skills in time rather than having to buy coins to buy better players; you receive offers for players and can place offers on players like a normal trading market; tactics are more detailed and comprehensive; game play and mechanics are far more realistic.

But if you like the fluffy stuff more, go for Fifa.....
  • FlyingOkapis
    1199 posts Professional

I don’t think Konami is unwilling. I think they can’t afford it. They have said many times the only reason they still make PES is because it’s profitable for them. If they splashed a ton of money on the getting the real teams, then they’re basically putting their game in the hands of fifa players. And putting anything, including a potato gun in the hands of the fifa community is a utterly terrible idea.

That is also 'unwilling', the moment the profit drops PES comes to an end, need a bit more passion from their team if they want to step it up.
  • Ishibum
    13620 posts Has That Special Something

They are more interested in making slot machines than video games these days.

See also: Metal Gear Solid
  • FlyingOkapis
    1199 posts Professional
    It would be so good to jump ship and play a decent football sim!! Come on Konami!!!

If you weren't so superficial you would realise that PES is the only realistic football sim on the market.

People hate EA so bad that they like to make out PES is some kind of saviour/hero, there is a reason people play Fifa over PES and its not the superficial reasons you like to think, all of us old enough used to be well aboard the PES train when they had even less licensing but after PES6 it just went to s*** and Fifa took the top spot, PES is still far behind, go on their forums and you will see complaints just like Fifa.

PES is still far behind as a package.

Konami are no saints.

I am new to football games and having started on Fifa 18, PES 18 resolved most of the issues I had with it. Bar online play, PES beats Fifa hands down.

I would summarise the difference as PES is a thinking mans game whereas Fifa is a kiddies game.

And you have highlighted one of PES huge problems, as a package it is so poor, dont get me wrong I agree with what you're saying regarding master league BUT when Konami push the game out at similar prices to fifa (I know it drops in price earlier) they cant just offer one mode.

They need better menu's, commentary, licensing, modes, servers, I'd personally love to go back to PES but Konami slack in so many areas, plus some of their logic seems so backwards.

I dont know if its a cultural thing or what but the menu's and descriptions can be very confusing for a new customer, would love for a 2k to take PES off of Konami and make the changes needed.

ALL that being said I am open to PES 20 as this fifa is probably my last.

That's the whole point........all of those things are just nice to haves. The most important thing is the gameplay, surely?? At least I realised that it is for me. Think about how much time you play versus how much you look at menus etc.........even new commentary becomes annoying quickly.........licensing can be uploaded easily through files......one big difference would be modes..........I would say PES is for those happy to play alone whereas Fifa is best played versus others online. I would prefer online play but offline is challenging enough in PES. However, looking at the forums the gap has closed with Fifa having server difficulties itself.........

Have to disagree, its not just about gameplay they have to offer more than that. They know exactly who their direct rival is and they need to bring more to the table or the game will eventually die and not progress.
  • DicaniosGod
    5527 posts Big Money Move

How the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ am I superficial? All I have said is it would be so good to have a decent alternative, so we could tell EA to poke it!! .... Sadly not at the moment!! 😧

• Sami
    208 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Nobility- wrote: »
    Add competition to the market and EA will still produce **** content. Other than some of the battlefield iterations has the company ever produced any game that's not ****?

Fight Night, UFC series, old NFS, Madden, Mass Effect, Titanfall, Dragon Age

Eh?

Mass Effect 3 and Andromeda turned to ❤️❤️❤️❤️. EA wanted to turn it into a third person shooter.

ME 1 and ME 2 were the best made. But those were made before and during the process of EA taking over BioWare.

Titanfall was meh. Fight Night is dead.

EA don’t care about single player games or making good quality games. All they care about is how much they can leech off each customer. They had a lot of key staff leaving.
  • Ishibum
    13620 posts Has That Special Something
    Sami wrote: »
    Add competition to the market and EA will still produce **** content. Other than some of the battlefield iterations has the company ever produced any game that's not ****?

Eh?

Mass Effect 3 and Andromeda turned to ****. EA wanted to turn it into a third person shooter.

ME 1 and ME 2 were the best made. But those were made before and during the process of EA taking over BioWare.

EA don’t care about single player games or making good quality games. All they care about is how much they can leech off each customer. They had a lot of key staff leaving.

Titanfall 2 is one of the most underrated games of this console generation. Fun single player and the multiplayer is better than any other shooter I've played.

Mass Effect 3 was good (with a disappointing ending). Andromeda was indeed gash. I think the BF games have also went downhill in recent years. Can't speak for the others mentioned.
  • V_Babu_V wrote: »

How the **** am I superficial? All I have said is it would be so good to have a decent alternative, so we could tell EA to poke it!! .... Sadly not at the moment!! 😧

It's £14.99 now on PC.............try it and I am sure you won't be disappointed.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    6158 posts Big Money Move

That is also 'unwilling', the moment the profit drops PES comes to an end, need a bit more passion from their team if they want to step it up.

It isn’t the PES team, it’s corporate. Just like EA. The PES team has pretty much free reign making the game and are very passionate. But they can’t just splash tens of millions of dollars without corporate. Basically the opposite of EA. Where they can splash money on anything they want, but devs don’t have free reign on design and the game itself is influenced by corporate.
  • Boysie91
    10453 posts Has That Special Something
    Sami wrote: »

Eh?

Mass Effect 3 and Andromeda turned to ****. EA wanted to turn it into a third person shooter.

Titanfall 2 is one of the most underrated games of this console generation. Fun single player and the multiplayer is better than any other shooter I've played.

Mass Effect 3 was good (with a disappointing ending). Andromeda was indeed gash. I think the BF games have also went downhill in recent years. Can't speak for the others mentioned.

Titanfall 1,2 and ME3 where trash tbh but FN needs a come back asap
  • AngryFUTplayer
    1023 posts Professional
    edited December 2018
    I quite honestly play pes offline and fifa for fut. and as an American if pes ever got rights to MLS I would be hard pressed to ever play fifa again if I’m being honest.