Everyone being too focused on wins instead of having fun with the game?

SPN1987
2044 posts Fans' Favourite
It is the case to me. I personally stopped caring about winning or losing due to the awful gameplay mechanics and sluggish overall feel of the game. I just want the game to be quick and responsive, which it isn't the majority of the time. I have enjoyed games which I lost, while the gameplay was actually pretty decent. And rage quitted a few times in the lead, because I was too annoyed to keep playing. If the game continuously ignores my demands, I'm about to smash something. If I am about to smash something I've chosen to just rage quit quite a few times regardless of the scoreline. It is just not worth it to me. But I feel like people are being blinded by wins and ignore what the gameplay is actually like. Most people only complain when losing. :(

Comments

• jonkero
    5140 posts Big Money Move
    I'm only having fun when I'm winning ;)
  • alvchong
    936 posts Professional
    Agreed. Win or lose .....Just enjoy. Of course winning feel more pleasure but then it won't last long. Why keep complaining.
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2018
    No. Like you ,I’m focused on how awful the gameplay is. How players go they long periods of being uncontrollable. How it’s so obvious that one side has a clear connection advantage. How the game can literally gift goals to one side or the other.

How is that fun ?
  • agentxyz2
    791 posts Professional
    Its this competitive culture that EA are funneling into FUT to increase pack sales. The more competitive people are the more they want an ultimate squad and thus buy more packs. Its disgusting.
  • mihneabs
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    nah. you are too bad. just learn to play. lmfao
  • Murphdogz
    1521 posts Play-Off Hero
    If you want fun then this isn't the game for you
  • senaffc
    1155 posts Professional
    I tried to have some fun this weekend. Lost my mind after a kick off goal followed by a dab.
  • Steelcitysniper
    1152 posts Professional
    Winning is fun. I’ll sweep the leg any day for a W
  • FCBlunt
    1949 posts Fans' Favourite
    You kinda need to win? Its kinda the purpose of playing?

If you lose, its just training to win. Its all about winning, but not losing your ****, when losing.
  • GreezyWeezyLDN
    1323 posts Professional
    Fun, lol

You played FIFA 19 right?
  • W77
    924 posts Professional
    SPN1987 wrote: »
    It is the case to me. I personally stopped caring about winning or losing due to the awful gameplay mechanics and sluggish overall feel of the game. I just want the game to be quick and responsive, which it isn't the majority of the time. I have enjoyed games which I lost, while the gameplay was actually pretty decent. And rage quitted a few times in the lead, because I was too annoyed to keep playing. If the game continuously ignores my demands, I'm about to smash something. If I am about to smash something I've chosen to just rage quit quite a few times regardless of the scoreline. It is just not worth it to me. But I feel like people are being blinded by wins and ignore what the gameplay is actually like. Most people only complain when losing. :(

EA is pushing Fifa to be competitive in every mode . rewards and fact it damn hard to make a good team without spending $$$
  • Low Ki
    11744 posts Has That Special Something
    Even when I’m winning I don’t have fun. Get to Gold 3 and bail.

If I felt like playing 30 matches against the AI I’d play squad battles.
  • Low Ki
    11744 posts Has That Special Something
    edited December 2018
    W77 wrote: »
    SPN1987 wrote: »

EA is pushing Fifa to be competitive in every mode . rewards and fact it damn hard to make a good team without spending $$$

So they’re fitting the eSports model all credible competitive games do by making it pay to w-.....

...,wait a minute.....
  • Tennster10
    1767 posts Play-Off Hero
    I want to feel like this but the slugish and inconsistant game play is not fun.
  • madstoog
    159 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I got my target of 14 wins in weekend league, i played well, full concentration. No distraction. And i felt the aids a few times, 2-0 after 17 mins game time. But my target was 14 wins because im being realistic with my skill lv.

Yes i played people moving the keeper. Then there the was the constant pressure try hard, nearly eveey game i played.

I can tell instantly when im playing vs someone that knows what their doing, I move closer to my screen and i have to focus 100% or i will lose the game. One Manuel defensive error mistake and its a goal. And some i lose and i save the video and watch it back to learn.

14-1, the loss was a good game, gg to my opponent.