Spot the differences... WAKE UP EA!!!! ps:Update5

case1r0
390 posts Sunday League Hero
Before:
patch6-finesseprepatch.png.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.png

After:
patch6-finessepostpatch.png.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.png

Dear EA, I see NO CHANGE AT ALL!

Why are you assuming a nerf as a now 850/1000 shots in and before 900/1000 shots in.... We need you to change to like 300/1000 shots in.... Thats a real patch, not this joke.... common...we all saw that you don't even have to enter the area to score 10 goals in a game... longshots are not the rule, but the exception... Watch the fut champions event goals... They were boring!

EA, MAKE A REAL CHANGE!

Comments

• MHoney1234
    8435 posts League Winner
    What patch is this? 5? We’re only 2 months into the game.
  • Looks like something my 7 year old has drawn
  • case1r0
    MHoney1234 wrote: »

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/fifa/fifa-19/news/fifa-19-pitch-notes-patch-5
  • '96dc2
    9026 posts League Winner
    So I can still bang them in 1st time?! 😁
    Thought my goals were going to dry up 🤣
  • Supermario911
    1241 posts Professional
    Lol yeah, it's very arcadey now

these long finesse shots are so broken.. it reminds me of Fifa 10-12.

it's not even a game of football now, it's a game of how can get in the best position to fire a timed finesse shot haha

Hope this gets patched ASAP, it's really stupid now
  • case1r0
    '96dc2 wrote: »
    So I can still bang them in 1st time?! 😁
    Thought my goals were going to dry up 🤣

Yeah, instead you score 5 in 5...you will still score 5 in5. That´s what I see in the patch notes.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    MHoney1234 wrote: »

Patch five wouldn't be a problem as long as the patches actually improved the game.
  • Gromit
    3642 posts National Call-Up
    It was always going to be like this.

When they introduce something where you have to time something to a power bar, it was obvious that if you hit it bang on it was always going to result in a goal because they have to justify that hitting it perfect makes a perfect shot.

It's like the old power bars on the Tiger Woods games, if you hit it bang on the line you hit a perfect straight drive.

I have a SMALL (very small) bit of sympathy for EA they do feel like they need to add things to justify their new game otherwise the world is on their back saying its the same game as last year.

But they have to get the basics right and just leave them alone and never touch them because the basics don't change.

Passing and shooting should be the same pretty much every year. We have a dynamic power bar, the longer you press the harder the shot/pass. We have a choice of lobbed, finesse or normal. We really didn't need much else.

Driven passes, driven shots, timed finesse, all of these were superfluous introductions and end up just getting spammed and making the game more and more unrealistic.
  • Springveldt
    4765 posts National Call-Up
    I can see that there are less shots on target and from the ones on target more of them are within the distance that the keeper may save (since they same ball speed has been reduced as well).

I'm on PC I guess I will find out tonight how successful the change has been.

I'll also need to practice the elastico now and have Mbappe do it all the time.
  • CaptainDan-
    1528 posts Play-Off Hero
    I can deffo see a change, not sure what you're not seeing, after is for sure less accurate
  • Retro_G
    30441 posts National Team Captain
    You can see more error in the second picture, but the error isn't increased enough. There is still way too many blue lines for a skilless first time finesse shot.

I hope this doesn't impact normal finesse shots, when you're in a good position with the correct body posture.
  • Marleigh
    2213 posts Fans' Favourite
    Retro_G wrote: »
    You can see more error in the second picture, but the error isn't increased enough. There is still way too many blue lines for a skilless first time finesse shot.

I hope this doesn't impact normal finesse shots, when you're in a good position with the correct body posture.

a lot of more of the on target attempts are going straight at the keeper though, in the first picture a large percentage are top corner
  • '96dc2
    9026 posts League Winner
    Yeah and keepers are great in fifa.. I’m sure they will still be the op shot of choice.
  • Supermario911
    1241 posts Professional
    Gromit wrote: »

When they introduce something where you have to time something to a power bar, it was obvious that if you hit it bang on it was always going to result in a goal because they have to justify that hitting it perfect makes a perfect shot.

It's like the old power bars on the Tiger Woods games, if you hit it bang on the line you hit a perfect straight drive.

I have a SMALL (very small) bit of sympathy for EA they do feel like they need to add things to justify their new game otherwise the world is on their back saying its the same game as last year.

But they have to get the basics right and just leave them alone and never touch them because the basics don't change.

Passing and shooting should be the same pretty much every year. We have a dynamic power bar, the longer you press the harder the shot/pass. We have a choice of lobbed, finesse or normal. We really didn't need much else.

Driven passes, driven shots, timed finesse, all of these were superfluous introductions and end up just getting spammed and making the game more and more unrealistic.

Beautifully written post, summarised perfectly

Probably the best i've seen on this forum
  • Low Ki
    11861 posts Has That Special Something
    TBH timed finishing is a poor idea regardless for a football game. It makes sense in basketball games like NBA Jam where you tap shoot a second time at the players highest point to nail the shots...but that's a naturally high scoring game.

What's the point of this patch if they just made it more RNG? Once you get the rhythm down you could practically hit green timed finishes in your sleep.
  • maksi
    6617 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2018
    If they nerf finesse shots too much they won't be any way to consistently break PTB defences because defensive AI is so OP.

Just look at fifa 17 which was all about PTB.
  • Liamooo
    1067 posts Professional
    Lost 5-1 yesterday to 5 timed finished shots, 3 was red yet all went in, closest maybe 20 yards.

Games become an embarrassment
  • case1r0
    maksi wrote: »
    If they nerf finesse shots too much they won't be any way to consistently break PTB defences because defensive AI is so OP.

Just look at fifa 17 which was all about PTB.

Lol, way to OP? Now?
    So you prefer a game that allow you to score only > 20m goals instead of actually learn how to play better?
  • joehuk
    3446 posts National Call-Up
    Don't get your hopes up.

While it was not a first time finesse I've just scored a red bar finesse shot with Messi :joy:
  • Brydobhoy
    460 posts An Exciting Prospect

Feel sorry for EA they are adding things into the game when there is mechanics that have been broken for years for example kick of goals and tackles magnetising to the attacking team every time.

I can accept EA creating a new in game mechanic and if it isnt working 100% then fixing it or removing it but they dont.
    Timed shooting clearly isnt working so reduce it that timed shooting gives a slight % chance of goal or remove it instead they will just persist.

• Dronegan
    1123 posts Professional
    This gameplay heavily benifits people who spend alot of cash to have icon teams.
    You basically have to press finesse outside the box and its a goal.

I see people streaming with stacked teams and failing to time the timed finesse shot 9 out of 10 times and the ball still goes in .

The changes EA need to make are so simple.
    - Nerf AI blocking (Players that are AI controlled should not tackle nor block shots)
    -
    - Make 1 vs 1 finishing consistent.
    This is whats frustrates me the most. You break down a PTB player and get a 1 vs 1 situation where your player with 95+ finishing will miss goal.
    The same player will a few moments later hit a finesse shot with his weakfoot into the top corner outside the box.

Patches have so far changed nothing. This game is so rotten at the moment i have no words.

• Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    Brydobhoy wrote: »

Feel sorry for EA they are adding things into the game when there is mechanics that have been broken for years for example kick of goals and tackles magnetising to the attacking team every time.

I can accept EA creating a new in game mechanic and if it isnt working 100% then fixing it or removing it but they dont.
    Timed shooting clearly isnt working so reduce it that timed shooting gives a slight % chance of goal or remove it instead they will just persist.

EA do not trust 2 human players to be able to make their own chances and drama. its a huuge flaw in the design of this game. Goal kicks , throw ins are adventures. The AI can move faster, pass better than any human OR do things that no human would EVER do.

EA choose which it is ,
  • rebe
    77 posts Park Captain
    i have felt no difference in the finesse at all, i do not abuse them myself as i hate using exploits to score but everytime i get in a somewhat higher skillrating, people just sweat out everything and keep banging in these finesses from 20-30m. they don't even bother trying to break down my defense anymore and i'm not a park-the-bus-type of player.
    The error of the shots must be increased A LOT and i wish timed finishing wouldn't ever come to fifa, really ruins it. And then there's the keepers, sometimes finesses are so slow in the air and still they can't manage to catch them while they have supersonic reflexes when you're 1 on 1, really hopes it all gets patched soon because i'm tired of seeing 95% of goals i concede being a finesse from too far out while i'm doing my best to actually get past my opponent's defence
  • TheFreshOne3
    1099 posts Professional
    edited December 2018
    All my finesse shots (I don’t do timed shots) seem to always be weak so that the opposing keeper gets them. Maybe they are attempting to force people to use their super duper awesome wicked timed finishing feature WOOOOOO 🥳
  • keronc
    1081 posts Professional
    A lot of people complain that finesse shots are OP in the game but I don't think so. I think finesse shots are ok, it is the timed shooting that is OP.
  • TomOTW
    668 posts An Exciting Prospect
    You could always just learn to block?
  • bigpokey24
    4862 posts Big Money Move
    don't waste yall's time.. those updates are placebos
  • QuinnUK87
    2056 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2018
    **** me, do the planet a favour and save the tissues pal.. Either get used to it or don't play. Simple.

Every fifa there is a go to shot. Last year it was low driven, guess what... they didn't change them then either.

Adapt to the mechanics or **** off.
  • They need to patch acrual errors too. I won a game yesterday against a friend on pens where Buffon supposedly saved the final penalty even though the ball had clearly gone over the line and then Buffon even picked up ball and walked over the line LOL. Another clear error is when at half time they start talking about a player but yet show a different player walking off the pitch. This wasn't a problem prior to patch 2.