I lasted 2 games tonight, no more, time to quit

Gooner93
334 posts Sunday League Hero
edited December 2018
First game played ok, won 4-2, both my opponents goals were the usual finesse shots. But never mind he attempted them non stop from every blade of grass on the pitch.

Second game, i absolutely dominate great passing, movement, patient play. Eventually get the breakthrough, and it begins. Every 50/50, every bounce back, interception city.

Equaliser comes with his players back to goal, hits a low shot that my keeper literally leaps over. Like he's trying to tip over a shot destined for the top corner. It justs flies under him, tbf thats the first time i've seen that in fifa at least.

Next goal and eventual winner, launches a slide tackle through the back of my player in the center circle, obviously ignoring that fact that it was the most blatant foul. Drops nicely to his player who launches a hopeless through ball instantly to his striker.
Oh wait my defender has come accross to cover and intercept! No he does the pass animation misses the ball, rolls through his legs and on plate perfectly to his striker.

Yeah this is a good game, i only played tonight to squeeze rank 2, for one last shot at rewards, before i quit.
Not that rewards for weeks of torture in rivals and WL have given me any reason to play.

I gave it one last chance, and as if i didn't need assurance that i'm doing the right thing, i do now.

Oh and i expect the original 'see ya' 'bye bye' and 'You'll be back comments'
Post edited by Gooner93 on

Comments

• Brydobhoy
    460 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I dont the exact same online seasons except I lasted 3 games.

So played an absolute noob of a player.
    Ive playes over 20 years.
    My record is now 197-34-37
    His record is now 120-56-142

Game kicks off.
    Hes diving into every tackle in midfield and didnt once control any defenders.

After 6 shonts on target to his 0 I take the lead.

Kick off goal for him with his first shot 1-1

After another 4 shots 2 that hit the lost I go 2-1 up.

Kick off goal for him with his second shot 2-2

Between 70-80th min I go 3-2 then 4-2 up

He then scores a 3rd kick off goal with his 4th shot. And btw Im doing everything trying to foul him , tackling , jockeying not running from position the ball was just magnetic to him for every goal , if I got close to slide his player would stay on his feet.

90th min I have 5 defenders 5-4-1
    Feels like I have none, passes into feet to Hernandez facing away from goal at knee height on the edge of box, while the ball is coming he has pressed shoot, the ball goes right through his left knee, then goes through his right knee , while this is happening he has done a 180 spin on the spot and hits a volley all in one action left foot outside the box and it goes in. So hes had 5 shots and scored 4 goals and 3 kick off goals.

Ive had 23 shots 17 on target and hit the post 3 times.

This game is beyond a joke.
  • Gooner93
    I actually just hate how much time and effort i've put into this. Done so well at trading for the first time ever. I can afford any team, not counting icons of course because they've robbed us of those.

It's all in vain though, depressing to play, even when i win i don't know whether my opposition was handicapped. So whats the point in this game anymore, no way to measure skill.

So much more productive things, i could be doing than wasting my time stressing with this rubbish.

• BFC CLARETTRICK
    1177 posts Professional
    I'm lucky if i last 1 game seriously the game is that bad that it makes me want to fall asleep before the game has finished.

So long as ea keep these hand holding mechanics in the game fifa will always be an after thought for me in fact i dont even recognise fifa as a football game or even a game its just a mess.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11193 posts Has That Special Something
    I lasted 15 in game minutes tonight then was straight back to BO4. Servers were actually decent for me all last week but back to trash this week.
  • Toshevv
    919 posts Professional
    Bye scrub

Timed Finese are awesome
  • Renamed123456
    3981 posts National Call-Up
    Done the same every player stepping over the ball on attack tho. Couldn't get to play a final ball cause players step over a perfect ball. Not smashed not too soft.

Then keeper dives knocking ball all weird directions and defender headed ball from touchline into the six yard box open goal
  • Gooner93
    Toshevv wrote: »
    Bye scrub

Timed Finese are awesome

Finesse*
  • Bambobär
    325 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited December 2018
    You can actually feel if either you are your opponent has an "advantage", if you know what i mean
  • boekkie
    962 posts Professional
    Bye scrub

Timed Finese are awesome

Nice spelling Mr. Rich Guy
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    2964 posts National Call-Up
    Same time next week? :D
  • Slitsomtype
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just played my first games after the last patch. The **** is this crap? They make it worse for every patch now. Sprint, ping pong and finesse 19 :D
  • dododada
    104 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Bambobär wrote: »
    You can actually feel if either you are your opponent has an "advantage", if you know what i mean

i wonder why no pro players or youtuber such as matthdgamer talk about this "advantage" stuff.. am i not as good as i think i am and keep blaming on the game, or is it a real thing and everyone felt it..
  • BFC CLARETTRICK
    1177 posts Professional
    Just played my first games after the last patch. The **** is this crap? They make it worse for every patch now. Sprint, ping pong and finesse 19 :D

Thats how 90% of my games are its just ping pong, through ball and timed finesse spam everyone plays the exact same way.
  • Slitsomtype
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Thats how 90% of my games are its just ping pong, through ball and timed finesse spam everyone plays the exact same way.

Yeah, was pretty boring tbf. They make it easy to not come back tho. I cant see how anyone enjoy this game, but thats not my call.
  • Rebound19
    185 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    dododada wrote: »

i wonder why no pro players or youtuber such as matthdgamer talk about this "advantage" stuff.. am i not as good as i think i am and keep blaming on the game, or is it a real thing and everyone felt it..

They don’t say it because EA will slap the banhammer on their butts.
  • Empyrium7
    2762 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2018

Trust me. I know what you mean
  • Steelcitysniper
    1152 posts Professional
    Bye scrub

Timed Finese are awesome

Mmmm this broken fifa would not be possible without customers like toshevv.
  • Aqeel87
    2398 posts Fans' Favourite

• Gooner93
    Update:

Opened my DR rewards, not even a board.

Will sell my team on friday, will keep coins and account on the 0.0001% chance a miracle happens and they sort this game out.
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    Last night i hit the post 4 times, and well to be fair i guess an orange timed finesse does that.

I just quit after that game, not worth losing any sleep lmao
  • TheArchitect
    941 posts Professional
    they should remove timed for finesse and keep it just for powershots.
    And also remove the yellow from the timeline. just plain red and a very small portion (1 millimeter) of green right in the middle.

And fix the player switch. Whoever is testing this game, they sure don't like to control their defenders on time.
  • Brydobhoy
    460 posts An Exciting Prospect
    they should remove timed for finesse and keep it just for powershots.
    And also remove the yellow from the timeline. just plain red and a very small portion (1 millimeter) of green right in the middle.

And fix the player switch. Whoever is testing this game, they sure don't like to control their defenders on time.
    The players switching is shocking, just when your opponent gets into the final 3rd it never lets yoy switch to CDMs. Plus if your opponent plays a through ball it never goes the the closters defender between the CB and full back.

• CharlieC
    6178 posts Big Money Move
    Recently, I haven't played anywhere near as much as I do normally. I just find it dull, win or lose. I actually don't care anymore which isn't like me. I prefer the gameplay in the latest patch as well and I've won a lot more than I did at the start of the game, so I can't put my finger on it.

I try to amuse myself by doing complicated skill moves or not pressing sprint for the whole game but I've lost enthusiasm. Strangely, playing like this is more successful than my old style?

It may be the fact that I get a lot of enjoyment from trading and if I spend an hour on console, 20-30 mins will be trading but recently EA have killed the market so that's not even fun anymore.

Maybe its a phase?
  • ICUP
    3910 posts National Call-Up
    I lasted 15 in game minutes tonight then was straight back to BO4. Servers were actually decent for me all last week but back to trash this week.

Played 1 game, winning 4-2 and he scores through a series of F-eries to make it 4-3. Just pressed the eject disk button and slipped in BO4